August 21, 2014 | 940 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Old Skool Eye Shadow Quad

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by shortygal201

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these shadows on my brown eyes. All the shades work well together, and have good pigmentation. I can honestly say I use all of the shades in the quad, love them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 6:24:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had owned the Hard Candy Sonic Quartet (golds, but they were more green-toned in my opinion) and was absolutely smitten, but then I got over it because the quality of some of the colors in the quad werenít up to par. But I swapped for Old Skool just to give Hard Candy a second go. Objectively speaking, this quad is great for a neutral eye look. The shadows are all pretty nicely pigmented (better than the Sonic), easy to blend, and last well over a base. But itís nothing to ooo and ahh over. I wish the pale highlighting shade was a tad bit frostier. The packaging is sturdy with a good-sized mirror and convenient tiny applicators. Although I like this Quartet because the colors go together quite beautifully for an everyday neutral look, I really canít justify keeping this Quartet because I already have too many neutrals, but itís good for a starter. I wouldnít pay full price for this though, I still prefer MAC eyeshadows!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, let's be realistic here. What we have here is an eyeshadow quad that is not anything spectacular. Is this the best eyeshadow I have ever used? Not by a long shot. But it also isn't the worst. Application is fairly smooth but a highly pigmented eye requires that you use a lot of shadow, and it will need to be applied wet. These shadows will blend but it takes some effort. The ivory shade/highlighter doesn't do anything for me. It is matte and seems to have a cool undertone in it, so it doesn't seem to complement the browns in the quad. Then we have a blahish matte taupe (which is okay for blending), a very nice shimmery/frosty bronzy brown, and a deep chocolate liner with gold glitter in it. The liner is good in that it's very dark and pigmented, and the glitter doesn't get everywhere the way it does with most Urban Decay eyeshadows. Sometimes these crease, sometimes they do not. I always use a base; the problem is that to get the level of pigmentation I like I need to use a lot of shadow, so sometimes the amount of product I use causes creasing, I think. I would not repurchase this quad, but I would purchase the dark brown liner shade if it were offered seperately; I haven't been able to find a dark brown like this, and it's the only shadow in this palette that I like. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2004 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my all time favorites. Can be used wet or dry. As the other reviewers noted, the pigment is top quality. I use the dark brown as an eyeliner (wet) and it lasts all day. The compact is cute yet solid. Even if you use this every day, it will last you forever. A great value at 28 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2004 9:13:00 PM More reviews by JoannaRome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE this quad! beautiful colors of neutral that makes my dark eyes sparkle. on me it lasts all day. can go from natural to dramatic. very versatile colors. my friend tried this on and she has light brown eyes and it just made her eye pop. beautiful...give it a try...if you don't like it then GIVE IT TO ME!!! =P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NC20, LLL, Hazel-Green Eyes: If someone were to ask me about the texture/pigment of HC Quads, I would say, "Like Buttuh babe!" This is the perfect neutral palette and would go with a variety of eyecolors! I am a "snob" when it comes to pigment/texture and this far exceeded my expectations in both departments. Take this 1 quad for a spin and if you think it's garbage; then I will eat the darn compact! literally!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2004 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cincykay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a phenomenal product! It's my everyday look, but easily adapted for nightime. It's richly pigmented, but still neutral, and makes my dark green-blue eyes positively sparkle! The only problem I have with this is that the compact tends to not "click" shut, and so I can't take the product with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2003 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ikky

Awesome shadow quad! The darkest color is so pigmented, the liner I put on with this shadow lasts all day longer than other name brands I've used. The lightest creamy shade is perfect for highlighting brow bone, since it's a tiny bit irridecent and gorgeous. The medium matte color is great as a base, although a tad darker, which makes it ideal for a nude look, like BB's Nude on Nude palette concept. The medium shimmer is gorgeous also. A peachy golden sheen, perfect for complimenting the rest of the shades. This quartet is really natural yet beautiful. You need to have this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2003 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Pinupstar

I love the colors in this quad its a great one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2003 8:56:00 PM More reviews by fake_alien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While it is kind of hard to use all the colors at the same time,this does have a good selection of neutral tones in it which complements my brown eyes.