Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

I love this mask it makes my face feel great. My face is less oily for several days after using this mask. The best part is this mask smells awesome. This mask makes my skin feel great and helps me to relax with the great smell. What more could you want..... oh yeah its CHEAP too!

I am new to facial masks and this is my first try. I bough it yesterday and was torn between the "Lush Mask of Magnaminty" (which i heard, smelled like choco mint) and this one. I decided to try this one mainly because, the shelf life seems longer than the Lush one and I have some zits on my forehead and on my temples that I wanted to clear first. Since the packaging says that it's meant for oily and acne prone skin, I bought it immediately. Tried it on this morning, I only applied a thin layer, washed it off after 20 minutes and was amazed at how good it made my skin feel. It felt clean and supple and I think women that has combination or oily skin could benefit the most from this one. People with dry skin, be wary though, this can dry out your face and emphasize those wrinkles. I'd probably repurchase this again, but not after I tried the Lush one.

This mask is inexpensive and the classic mask I think we all have seen our mom use when we were young and now use as women. This mask is thick and very green and has a nice minty smell .I have always used it as a mask but the other day I actually used it as a cleanser . Let me explain. I tried the Maybelline better skin foundation yesterday and I was washing it off with a cleanser and it was not coming off just like my Revlon Colorstay foundation and I have to be honest my apricot scrub was in my gym bag and I was too lazy to get it from my room so I looked in my bathroom vanity and found this . I used just a little on my face and rinsed it off and it took off my makeup . I think it is great to use in a pinch and once a week to deep clean those pores with cucumber slices on the eyes and the robe and slippers. I think I just had an idea for a spa day for myself complete with Betty Boop robe and slippers.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This mask isn't mucking around. It recommends leaving on between 5-10 mins but if your skin is dry like mine definitely err on the side of 5. I once went for the full 10 and experienced irritation and redness. The smell is super duper strong of spearmint and it tingles so please be cautious if your skin is even remotely sensitive as it's not the most comfortable mask to wear. It does strip skin of oil too much for my liking but the way it shrinks pores is totally amazing and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and refined. No problems as long as I don't wear it for too long or frequently, and always follow quickly with a good moisturiser. For the price, it's an effective mask for a deep clean and texture improvement. Excellent spot treatment for pimples too.

Despite the good results, I am a bit concerned that it's quite harsh and not the best suited mask for me personally. I won't repurchase as I prefer Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay mask which has a similar function with more pros, less cons, and is not as temperamental to deal with while being suitable for a range different skin types.

I always have a tube of this around. It sucks that it has parabens, but the combo of clay, zinc oxide, and sulfur really knock out zits and clean out my pores. Those extras are why it works so much better for me than the Aztec clay mask. It can be drying and a PITA to remove, but par for the course with clay masks.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle was the strong minty smell. That immediately made me a bit hesitant, as I've read that mint/menthol isn't very kind or good for your skin.

Proceeded to test the mask out, only to wake up with a cystic pimple the next morning. Won't be reusing on my entire face, but maybe it could work for individual pimples/areas as some sort of spot treatment? It felt quite drying, and my skin felt tight after, which usually isn't a good sign.

I think the mask is a bit overly drying/irritating, which in my case led to a cystic pimple, but it does absorb a lot of oil. I would just like to say, as a warning, that removing ALL the oil from your face isn't always a good thing, and can actually worsen your skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I seem to be the only person who doesn't like this mask! I thought it was a sure thing based off all the awesome reviews. And for the price, it seemed too good to be true! For me, it definitely was too good to be true. This stuff did absolutely nothing. Literally nothing. Oh wait, that's not entirely true... I suppose it did slightly irritate and dry out my skin. But that's about it lol. I have pretty good skin that doesn't breakout often, but I recently had a breakout and thought I'd finally give this mask a try. It didn't unclog my pores, remove blackheads, soothe/minimize my breakout, nothing! I tried it twice, leaving it on for 10 minutes once, and the second time (a few days later), for about 25 minutes. Both times had the same effect. I was pretty disappointed, as this seems to work for so many people. It just made my skin more red, dry, and irritated. It irritates my breakout, if anything. Just kind of pissed my skin off. I went back to my old, tried-and-true Origins Out of Trouble face mask, followed by my other favorite mask, my Fresh Rose face mask. Those masks combined do absolute wonders for my skin, and afterwards my skin was as good as new. If you struggle with dry skin but do get the odd, very stubborn breakout, I HIGHLY suggest the Origins/Fresh mask duo. It's like you just got a professional facial. Took me years to discover that combo, and it really works. The Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, however, just plain sucks. The only real good thing about the mask is that it's cheap lol. But everyone's skin is different! Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

God wrkd tru ds product to save my face. Firstly, I used proactiv whch wrkd4 me for jst a year nd stoppd. My face went bk 2 zero wt acne to d xtent dt I did my weddin wt a face full of pimples tho I used a make up artist,jst 2hrs into d event my face ws so oily. So far my weddin day ws d most embarrasin moment of my life, I wsnt lookin good at all. 6 mths afta my weddin I cudnt find anytin to help wt my acne. I used everytin, half of my income went to skin care yet no result. One day I went to d store to luk for sth new,d gal there told me to try ds. Not bn a mask person I askd her,hw can a mere mask clear my skin. I left nd didn't buy it, only 4 me to gt home googled d product nd saw hw people raved abt it. Long story short, I startd usin it for a wk nw wit d scrub nd my face is so calm, soft nd smooth. Ds product is amazing, wwish I had it b4 my weddin. I hv no new pimples comn out, wts left is for d acne marks to fade away nd I will be bk to my beautiful self. Hvin acne on d face is sth I wudnt even wish my enemy.

At first when I bought this product I only used it like twice it didn't do much .. But I only bought it because It said it dried out pimples. I only applied it on one or two pimples. I stopped using it for some reason.. After a while I decided to give it another try... This time I applied it all over my face .. Since I have combination skin, my cheeks are dry and my t-zone is Reallyyyy Oily it's crazy how oily it gets, this really helped Control My Oil.. I do have acne, it did Dry out my forHead Pimples, My face was very Smooth! Then all of a sudden I started Getting really big Pimples Around My chin area It was really bad and painful. I stopped using it however I figured out it wasn't breaking out because of this product, It was Because of my monthly thing! I will continue using this product I Really Loved this It does what it says !

I really wanted to love this product since It did a good job at getting rid of my oily t zone and helped my pores a lot but it always broke me out, I used this more than 4 times, but I always ended up with more pimples its not worth it

Popular Masks