BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 1/13/2014 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This eyeshadow primer is a also a corrector. It is yellow, but it blends into your skin and brightens up the eye. It did cover up some discoloration on my eyes, but it looked cakey at the same time. The texture reminds me of a creamy concealer, and because of that it creases really bad and that defeats its purpose. Also, it didn't keep my eyeshadow in place. I was really hoping this would work, but sadly it didn't.

It does cover up the discoloration on my lids but it settles in the creases, not so awesome. Its too expensive for being so mediocre, when there are cheaper alternatives that essentially do the exact same thing. Not impressed.

Legit worst. This product is a great idea - the yellow cream to combat red/blueness on the lids and under-eyes is spot on and works well. Only problem is that this stuff creases so fast - even if I set it with powder. You'd think as an eye primer it'd have better lasting power. Such a waste - it's going back to sephora tomorrow.

on 11/2/2013 2:53:00 PM

I like this product a lot because it multitasks. you can cover and highlight. I use it as a bass for my concealer.
also, I have a warm undertone and yellows look good on me when it comes to concealer and foundation.

however, this is terrible for my lids. I stopped putting them on my lids because they creased a lot.

they also creased under my eyes but that's fine, all I have to do is retouch with powder.
and the consistency is really nice, for it feels light, not heavy what so ever.

and I also have to be careful with this because if I accidentally put a little too much, it looks too bright in pictures. blending is key

POINT: only problem is that it creases. great coverage, great highlighter, great packaging, but not so great primer because of the crease situation.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the redesigned version and it does do a great job on my lids as well as under the eyes!
Won't buy it again though - there are similar products available that are a lot cheaper.

on 10/10/2013 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A super good product. Only used it around the eye area and its perfect. Without it, I dont wear eye makeup. It keeps my eyeshadow in place all day, no smearing or melting. And normally my skin gets oily after a few hours. Also it brightens up your eyes and conceals well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Got this 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. I find it works really well with mineral makeup.
I use Lemon Aid to correct hyperpigmentation from acne. A little goes a long way. I use my finger to lightly blend on the dark areas only. Then I dust over a sheer finishing mineral cover before I apply regular mineral colour over my face. If you dont use the finishing veil first then other mineral powders will get extra thick (and dark) in the corrected areas...which defeats the purpose of colour correction.
My makeup usually ends up looking chalky by the time I'm done so I mist water (yes water) over my face and the make up changes into a dewy look and sets for the whole day. No touchups.... well almost no touchups.

on 9/8/2013 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this product to correct undereye purple and blue, with a little redness thrown in. Concealers and correctors in general do very little to put a dent in this situation and this product does take the edge off if applied under concealer. I am not 100% thrilled with it, as it can be somewhat thick to put on making it somewhat difficult to apply, but that is probably what makes it so opaque. I only use it on the darkest areas under my eyes. I tried on upper lids and it was a joke. Seriously creased. It is probably better described as a color corrector, not a primer by any stretch. It is, however, along with Stay Don't Stray, one of the very few products that has done anything for my undereye discoloration. Although it is thick, it is not super greasy like many "creamy" correctors and concealers and stays put. However, I think it is still too oily to put on upper lids, in my experience. Just not the right consistency for that application.

I'm going to try the Lancome yellow corrector (which the Lancome gals are always dissing for some reason). It comes in one of those doe-foot applicator tubes and is thinner so am not sure how that will work. Might be good for lids. I have found that most makeup artists think yellow is bad to use as it can look gray - be that as it may, I think it is better to look a little duller in that area than to look like you have a black eye! ;-D You can get Lemon Aid in a little container with 1/2 pink stuff and 1/2 lemon aid in the grab and go at Ulta. It's something that would probably be good to try before buying, although it is pretty inexpensive ($10-$12 I think for the combo pot). They also have it at Sephora but they don't really seem to promote this product much - I try to buy it where I know it turns over more frequently at my local Ulta Benefit brow bar.

on 6/10/2013 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received this as a gift and have to say am very glad. Despite this, Lemon Aid has a very specific use. For me, this is an everyday primer, but not one that will last into the night. My normal routine includes Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and this comes no where close in terms of staying power; It creases, and settles into my oily lids. Especially in the summer. This can be avoided somewhat by putting on a thinner layer. The color of it is very good at correcting redness, yet it can also go on a bit patchy. You'd think after all this, I wouldn't recommend it, but I still do. The compact it comes in is the perfect size, has a nice tactile feel, and includes a decent mirror. You get a good amount for your money, and as long as you understand it's limitations, it's enjoyable to use.

on 6/8/2013 1:52:00 AM

I've had this product for four months and felt like it was a waste of money. Boy, was I wrong! A Benefit consultant sold it to me to conceal my dark discoloration under my right eye. I tried to use it as she explained and hated it. It was lost in the back of my makeup drawer for months.
One day I came across Huda Beauty's blog and she said you could use it as a highlighter. Summer is here and I have been trying to "freshen up" my makeup routine. I use it as a highlighter and it looks beautiful. I dab it under my eyes and above my cheeks, bridge of my nose, etc after I put my first light layer of foundation. Then I blend it in with the second layer of foundation and it gives me a beautiful glow. I set it with guerlain meteorites and it lasts all day.
I have medium skin (nc30-nc35). I am not sure how it would look on lighter skin tones but I imagine it would be just as beautiful. Bottom line is that I am so happy to fall in love with something that I initially wrote off.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products