BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 3/24/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I use it as an undereye concealer after a bad night's sleep or on special nights when I go out. I still don't understand why I can't find a cheaper alternative, but it works. Not a big fan of dipping my fingers into a pot, but hey, I don't use it all the time so aok.

on 3/12/2014 10:21:00 PM

This product has been one of the best make-up discoveries I've done in the past few years. From the moment I tried it on, it became an absolute holy grail!
First of all, I should say I do NOT use this product as an eyelid primer. For that use, it actually creases and doesn't last long. Instead, I use it as a color correcting undereye concealer and also as a skin concealer for my very, very pale (NC05/Nars Siberia or lighter) skintone.

I've struggled for years to find a concealer that matched my skintone and could cover my very dark purple undereye circles. This product works by correcting those purple tones and neutralizing them. I believe it will not work as well if your circles are bluer in tone. If it does work, it means you will only need the lightest layer of foundation over this correcting concealer to match the color-neutralized undereye area to the rest of your face, instead of tons and tons of layers of concealer which will cake and set into lines. It also works well to illuminate the browbone area.

As a spot concealer, it works like a charm for my skin. I've never found a real (marketed as) concealer that matched my pale skintone, so I was really excited when I tried this and found it covered any redness and spots perfectly without setting into lines or flaky skin. I've even used it to conceal large areas when I had no foundation around, and it blended seamlessly into my skin.

The packaging itself is very cute and I find the mirror inside it quite handy. It doesn't feel flimsy and it won't get open if you toss it into your bag.

Overall, it's an amazing product, and I have my fingers crossed it won't ever be discontinued!

on 2/17/2014 7:30:00 PM

I saw a lot of reviews on YouTube raving over this product and since I'm notorious for late nights I would thought I would give this a try and could do with an eyelid primer! I thought the price was very expensive but I guess if you want good quality that's how much you pay! I was very surprised how small it was! I was quite disappointed after paying almost £17 for it!! It does cover dark circles very well but as it's role for an eyelid primer, it sucked. It settled in creases easily and it didn't help my eye makeup stay throughout the day. What I would recommend is Urban Decay's primers. They are fantastic!!

on 1/13/2014 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This eyeshadow primer is a also a corrector. It is yellow, but it blends into your skin and brightens up the eye. It did cover up some discoloration on my eyes, but it looked cakey at the same time. The texture reminds me of a creamy concealer, and because of that it creases really bad and that defeats its purpose. Also, it didn't keep my eyeshadow in place. I was really hoping this would work, but sadly it didn't.

It does cover up the discoloration on my lids but it settles in the creases, not so awesome. Its too expensive for being so mediocre, when there are cheaper alternatives that essentially do the exact same thing. Not impressed.

Legit worst. This product is a great idea - the yellow cream to combat red/blueness on the lids and under-eyes is spot on and works well. Only problem is that this stuff creases so fast - even if I set it with powder. You'd think as an eye primer it'd have better lasting power. Such a waste - it's going back to sephora tomorrow.

on 11/2/2013 2:53:00 PM

I like this product a lot because it multitasks. you can cover and highlight. I use it as a bass for my concealer.
also, I have a warm undertone and yellows look good on me when it comes to concealer and foundation.

however, this is terrible for my lids. I stopped putting them on my lids because they creased a lot.

they also creased under my eyes but that's fine, all I have to do is retouch with powder.
and the consistency is really nice, for it feels light, not heavy what so ever.

and I also have to be careful with this because if I accidentally put a little too much, it looks too bright in pictures. blending is key

POINT: only problem is that it creases. great coverage, great highlighter, great packaging, but not so great primer because of the crease situation.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the redesigned version and it does do a great job on my lids as well as under the eyes!
Won't buy it again though - there are similar products available that are a lot cheaper.

on 10/10/2013 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A super good product. Only used it around the eye area and its perfect. Without it, I dont wear eye makeup. It keeps my eyeshadow in place all day, no smearing or melting. And normally my skin gets oily after a few hours. Also it brightens up your eyes and conceals well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Got this 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. I find it works really well with mineral makeup.
I use Lemon Aid to correct hyperpigmentation from acne. A little goes a long way. I use my finger to lightly blend on the dark areas only. Then I dust over a sheer finishing mineral cover before I apply regular mineral colour over my face. If you dont use the finishing veil first then other mineral powders will get extra thick (and dark) in the corrected areas...which defeats the purpose of colour correction.
My makeup usually ends up looking chalky by the time I'm done so I mist water (yes water) over my face and the make up changes into a dewy look and sets for the whole day. No touchups.... well almost no touchups.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products