Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, petrolatum, PEG-40 stearate, isodecyl oleate, steareth-2, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-4, DMDM Hydantoin, carbomer, isopropynyl butylcarbamate

on 8/17/2013 2:23:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! its lotion formula may be weird. the most effective way of using it - is to wet a cotton pad (I use the up and up exfoliating cotton pads from target) and squeeze out the excess water so now your cotton pad is damp and spread some onto the pad and rub it in a little bit and wipe your eye make up off. If its gotten in my eyes, it has NEVER burned my eyes. and I wear contacts for 14+ hours a day. it will take off my most stubborn waterproof make up with such ease. I have used this product for years and that won't change.

on 7/5/2013 2:22:00 PM

I really liked the idea of this product because it is in a lotion formula and for the price it was worth a shot! However I found that it did a poor job of removing even non-waterproof eye makeup and is not worth it to have to sit on your eye for an extended period of time.

When I got some in my eye (which was inevitable because it wouldn't remove mascara towards my lash line) it burned. And not a little bit, it burned A LOT. My whole eye area was red and I had to flush my eye with water.

Overall I would not repurchase this but will probably use up the bottle.

I've been buying this over and over for 3 years. It works incrediably well. Although if you don't rinse it properly it will make your skin look shiny. I use it when my mascara runs and I use it under my eyes. Once again and espically under the eyes, if you don't rinse it well your skin will look shiny

on 2/4/2013 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a bit of a mixed review. I love this product because it's genuinely excellent at removing eye makeup and the price is very reasonable. However, if you're not careful it can cause stinging/blurring. My 'technique' for trying to deal with this is to use a tiny amount on a cotton pad while clamping my eye shut and then immediately after gently wiping any excess remover away with a damp warm washcloth.

on 1/31/2013 10:04:00 AM

I had been using wrong for a long time. I used a huge load of it on a cotton pad. Well now I'm at least using less but it does give me cloudy eye now. Oh well for 99 cents ill buy more.

on 1/30/2013 8:30:00 PM

I like that this is a cream makeup remover, I find it is much more moisturizing, that being said, it is a bit messy when you try and remove the makeup. Not bad, I would re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to be in love with this remover. I don't know if it's because I've tried better or something changed in their formula (probably the first one) but I can't seem to stand this remover anymore. It's a cream consistancy and I find it to be overly greasy. Its not that it doesn't work, cause it eventually cleans off the makeup, but its a mess.. All I wear is liquid liner and mascara..when I use this remover, it literally spreads and drags my eyeliner all across my eye area (I look like a racoon) before finally cleaning it up. I need up to 5 cotton pads to remove my eye make-up when all the other [better] removers I've tried cleans it up with one swipe. (and it's not a question of using less or more, I've tried and it's all the same)

So overall, "moisture effective" is an understatement and this product uses up more cotton pads than necessary..
This has gone from being my favorite to my last resort makeup remover.

on 12/30/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

im in love with this product it takes all my makeup off like they say .99 cent were u find a great product like this...LOVE AVON

on 12/24/2012 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this did the job, it removed my eye make up quite well. i was impressed with how easily it removed waterproof mascara. extremely gentle, its more like a lotion that you rub over your eyes instead of a liquid cleanser. the only reason why i would not purchase again is becaues i think it has a horrible scent that i cannot stand, smells alot like chemicals

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have repurchased this product many many times!! This is great for my heavy, and waterproof eye makeup, and also all over my face!! it looks like lotion which can be a put off, but it is so calm, and gentle, yet so tough on makeup, I have even gotten it in my eyes before, but it did not bother me, it didnt sting, nothing... I just had a bit of cloudy vision for a few minutes as i cleaned it out! it really helps after a long night out, and u have tired eyes, that are sensitive from smoke, or the "bar" air, and really does a great job! I have had friends use it once, and they go buy their own lol, original price is like $6 but u can almost always get it WAY cheaper. last time i got it for like 69 cents! that is amazing for the price, and gives you plenty product!!