August 20, 2014 | 1947 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by troo12

This is a staple in my life. I originally got it for my new tattoo last year, but ever since, I've used for so many other purposes. I especially like putting it on my lips when they get so dry I nearly give up on restoring them. It's a beautiful ointment! If you have never tried it, I highly advise getting a tube, it's multi-functional and completely worth your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMiller1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this stuff! If my skin ever needs that extra oomph of moisture, this is my go-to product. It gets very dry where I live, so this is a lifesaver :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my first month of accutane. And although side effects don't usually occur until after the first month I felt my lips drying up within a day of taking my first pill. I started breaking out around my mouth during week 1, there was some swelling and the skin was just peeling. It just looked horrific. After a couple of days of using aquaphor on my lips and the skin around it, it has completely healed. I even started using this on my nose and dry spots on my cheeks as my ridiculously oily skin started drying up due to accutane. This is a life saver. I'm already halfway through the tube. It literally goes with me everywhere I go because I absolutely cannot go without it right now. I can definitely see myself using this even after treatment, although probably not as extensively.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I had some of this potion in a bottle but got it for another skin issue that it didn't help with. I originally got it for this crazy dry skin in corner of one of my eyes. Think it was a weather issue.
Anyhoo!
So I had this zit that I got rid of (I know i know bad girl but we all do it cuz we have to) that left such bad dry skin from the BP I kept using to make sure it stayed gone. Right smack dab in middle of forehead! Talk about third eye! I put this on overnight and the skin was 95% better! Couldn't believe it. Thank you MUA for the tips. I know by tomorrow it should be nearly cured! �
😃

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by GlossyGal05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW - that should be enough to tell you what a great product this is. Let me just start off by saying this is a skin saver. I am a teenager with combination, acne-prone skin so believe me when I tell you I know how it feels to struggle with your skin. I am always looking for products to clear my skin and make it look healthier. I always struggle with acne and that can be a very damaging to your confidence and self-esteem, so I went out to look for something that would help clear up my acne and make my skin smoother. I came across an acne system (I provided a review of it already, it's called Equate Beauty Acne System) that works wonderfully but it dried out my skin terribly because of the Benzoyl Peroxide. I am very hopeful with all the products I use on my face so I tend to over use them hoping to see results. I used this everyday for a week and it totally sucked all the moisture out of my face and left me with an embarrassingly dry face that just would not return to it's original state. A week went by without using the acne system and my skin still looked terribly dry. I kept lathering on moisturizers all day but they didn't help at all. Then I saw a post online that stated Aquaphor helps heals skin and I remembered that I had many of these little tubes of product in my cabinet.

(My mother was shopping in our local drugstore one day and she saw a huge basket of filled with .14 oz sample tubes of this product so she decided to grab a whole bunch (and boy, I sure am glad she did!) of these little miracle workers. Whenever I get a sample or buy a new product I immediately look up reviews for them to see how well they work and how they are rated, so that's just what I did. I saw that this product is highly rated ranging from 4.7-5 stars from various sites so I decided that I would try it since it has worked for so many people. )

So when it was time to wash my face I cleansed my face thoroughly and applied my moisturizer on afterwards. Then I grabbed the little tube of this and applied a light layer of my entire face to "seal in" the moisturizer. I was very hesitant to try this product out on my face just because I am acne-prone and the ingredients scared me, but the reviews were great and I just wanted my skins moisture to return back so badly so I figured I had nothing to lose. I went to sleep and I woke up the next morning and WOW. My skin's moisture was fully returned and my face looked so dewy and was so soft - wasn't dry at all. After constantly applying moisturizer to my face and not having that work I was so shocked. My skin looked brand new and I didn't feel any new forming breakouts. A few days have passed and my skin is not dry at all and still no breakouts. I am beyond ecstatic that I have this product and will forever continue to use it. I have about fifteen .14 oz sample tubes (which last such a long time) so I keep one in my room, one in my purse, one in my car, basically I have one with me wherever I go.

If anything changes I will provide and updated review but all I can say is this is a true miracle worker. Don't deprive yourself from this and try it, you will be happy you did!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading rave reviews about this I thought I'd try it out. It's not available where I live unfortunately, so I bought it from a reputable ebay seller. By the time I paid postage it wasn't cheap but it is a good product.

On my dry lips it feels like a really soothing balm. It's very thick, think Vaseline type thick but feels more medicinal if that makes any sense.

I've also used it very sparingly on dry heels/elbows and on my cuticles as part of a manicure.

I love the tube it's very hygienic, and I love that once applied it lasts for a while. I'm switching between Egyptian Magic cream and this on my lips. This lasts longer once applied, but EG cream sinks in quickly - I'm not sure which is better but they're both good.

I couldn't possibly apply this to my skin though. I've read some people use this as a night moisturiser - gross. It's way too thick for that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow - this stuff has saved my poor sore nose! I've had a stupid cold for about 3 weeks, and my nose was so sore I could hardly stand to put a kleenex (or puffs ultra soft, actually) to it. Then I used this on it, and literally within an hour, it was barely sore! I dunno what sort of elfin magic is in this but I'll never be without it again! It's also great on badly chapped lips, and hideously dry hands! (says the dried out voice of experience...) If you have dry or sore skin, yuo really should try this on it. It's greasy for a while, but your skin will thank you for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by nikki342

HG OF LIP PRODUCTS! it does what it claims to do --HEAL! I have very dry, chapped lips that i have a horrible habit of picking at. However, all the damage that I can create can miraculously be reversed by one nightly application of this ointment. I wake up with my lips being moisturized and visibly repaired! Nothing else has done that -- not EOS, carmex, or burts bees. It is amazing, fast, and effective!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

If you're looking for something that's gonna fix even the most dry patches, THIS WILL DO THE JOB!
Okay, so skin is kinda weird, it's combinated, acneprone, sensitive, dehydrated/dry, but these winter months have been really tough for my skin. On both cheeks I've had such dry patches and flaky skin to the point were I couldn't even wear makeup!

THIS STUFF SAVED MY SKINS LIFE!
Since it's really greasy (just like vaseline), I applied this at night time only and let it do its job overnight. After only 2-3 days my skin wasn't flaky anymore, and now after 1 week my dry patches are almost gone. And the best part; I can wear my makeup again!

This has deffintly become a HG product, the only thing I don't like is that it breaks me out!
Not horribly but I've gotten some red spots and bumbs were I've used it, and because of that I can't give it 5 "lipsticks".
However I almost saw it coming when I read the ingredients.
Lanolin, parrafium, etc. Not good stuff. Especially if your skin is prone to acne and breakouts.
The small spots I've been getting isn't anything that's stopping me from using this. I can easily cover them up, and I rather have them than skin that's dry, flaky and red.
So just as a warning, NEVER USE THIS ON ACNE-PRONE AREAS. It will for sure mess it up completely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with Aquaphor! It has got to be one of the top multi use products I own. I like it more than Vaseline, though the consistency is similar, because unlike Vaseline, it sinks into the skin, is less greasy, and just feels smoother and more luxurious. I use it every day and night for everything from moisturizing dry lips and cuticles, even sometimes as an undereye ointment and to soothe my bikini line post-waxing (it works incredibly for that!). I've read that Aquaphor is also safe for use on infants, to soothe chafed skin from diaper rash...in fact, it can even be found in the baby care aisle. I waxed my own bikini line recently (ouch!) and I read that Aquaphor is great for soothing irritated skin and getting rid of pesky red bumps...I applied it before bed, and I swear in the morning, my skin was back to normal with hardly a red bump to speak of! That was totally unheard of before now! I swear by Aquaphor and will not go back to using subpar products. This stuff works, period. HG.