October 24, 2014 | 1934 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by DurrtyLadle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff for years.
the skin around my eyes tends to get dry and tight with climate change and this is the only thing I can use that doesn't irritate my eyes or skin.

I use this on chapped lips, dry cuticles, rough areas on feet, bug bites, you name it.

I also found that this is safe and very effective on tattoos! it keeps them moisturized and helps heal them.
it works amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I seem to be in the minority, but I don't get the hype. This product seems to be the same as Vaseline, in both texture and usage. It's thick and goopy and greasy, with no bad smell. I didn't try it on my face or any skin irritation, so maybe that's why I wasn't impressed. I've used it on lips, elbows and feet to moisturize and it did an OK job but nothing really exciting. Any lip balm I've tried works fine and I actually prefer a foot cream with some glycolic acid to help exfoliate while softening. No major complaints, but I'm probably not going to rush out to buy again once it's used up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I will never be without my trusty tube of Aquaphor. I use it on my chronically dry lips all day long and it really helps my lipstick go on smoother. I like it better for this purpose than Homeoplasmine, which used to be my HG, as it lasts a little longer and I don't have to order it online. Great on sunburns, eczema patches, and otherwise grumpy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Jenaliciousz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the Aquaphor healing ointment for many years now. I even got my husband using it after he got a large tattoo done, and he was amazed at how it healed the skin right away. This stuff is nothing short of amazing.

If you have a sunburn, (which I get EVERY summer w/o fail) This stuff will be your best bet.

Although I want to add, I see a lot of people say this is not greasy. It does have a slight Vaseline consistency, so yes, I'd actually say it IS greasy. A little (and boy do I mean a little) goes a long way.

I could not use this under my makeup because it just wouldn't mesh well. I usually use it a few nights per week. I lather it all over my face and sleep with it like it's a mask. When I wake up my face looks refreshed, and feels super smooth. Those are the days I usually don't have to wear foundation, & I get compliments on how good my skin looks.

There really are so many uses for this product, it's a great thing to have handy. If you buy the large jar of it (14 oz / $10 Walgreen's) It will last you well over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by CatVid

So this is me also jumping on the bandwagon...

I can only agree- this is an amazing multi-purpose product.

It soothes dry lips, heels and elbows and anywhere else where you need moisturizing.
It is also great on scabs and abrasions as a healing ointment.
It is fragrance free, non comedogenic and suitable for babies.

It saved my heels this week when I got bad blisters from new shoes. I just put it on the blisters and the skin was much better the next day and healed the day after.
I am also using it on a scratch on my face I gave myself by accident while sleeping...I have no skinproblems while using it on that small area so I am really considering to try it out as a moisturizer once a week. Oh, and the scratch is just a little red (not "inflamation red") and no scab is forming over it...the skin looks soft and calm already.

It costs about 10 € for 40ml and comes in a small tube. Itīs hygienic to use and the tube is absolutely non-fancy looking- which I like for a change.

I honestly think that everyone who is interested in skincare should own this product as it is very basic, inexpensive and so versatile!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by newslang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff!

I was suffering from an allergic reaction that left my lips dry, scaly, painful and honestly kind of gross. I tried this after reading some promising reviews and I was not disappointed.

Within about 5 minutes my lips didn't hurt at all anymore and within about an hour, they looked healed.

You can use this as a lip balm, cuticle cream, hand lotion, after shave balm.....

It isn't greasy, it doesn't really have a scent and it's not expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by troo12

This is a staple in my life. I originally got it for my new tattoo last year, but ever since, I've used for so many other purposes. I especially like putting it on my lips when they get so dry I nearly give up on restoring them. It's a beautiful ointment! If you have never tried it, I highly advise getting a tube, it's multi-functional and completely worth your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMiller1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this stuff! If my skin ever needs that extra oomph of moisture, this is my go-to product. It gets very dry where I live, so this is a lifesaver :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my first month of accutane. And although side effects don't usually occur until after the first month I felt my lips drying up within a day of taking my first pill. I started breaking out around my mouth during week 1, there was some swelling and the skin was just peeling. It just looked horrific. After a couple of days of using aquaphor on my lips and the skin around it, it has completely healed. I even started using this on my nose and dry spots on my cheeks as my ridiculously oily skin started drying up due to accutane. This is a life saver. I'm already halfway through the tube. It literally goes with me everywhere I go because I absolutely cannot go without it right now. I can definitely see myself using this even after treatment, although probably not as extensively.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I had some of this potion in a bottle but got it for another skin issue that it didn't help with. I originally got it for this crazy dry skin in corner of one of my eyes. Think it was a weather issue.
Anyhoo!
So I had this zit that I got rid of (I know i know bad girl but we all do it cuz we have to) that left such bad dry skin from the BP I kept using to make sure it stayed gone. Right smack dab in middle of forehead! Talk about third eye! I put this on overnight and the skin was 95% better! Couldn't believe it. Thank you MUA for the tips. I know by tomorrow it should be nearly cured! �
😃