Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 5/7/2015 2:48:00 AM

I got this product in a tube. I bought the 2 pack. I absolutely love this. I use it on my lips, and it is fragrance free. It heals my chapped lips. Great lip balm and great deal. I will repurchase this.

Luscious healthy lips - that's no longer a wish for me but a reality.

I spent 24 years of my life with painfully chapped lips. Not only did I have flaky lips, I made matters worse by picking at them. The harsh Canadian winters also meant desperate lip balm binges - from ChapSticks, Burt's Bees, Rosebud Salve, eos, Carmex, Blistex to Kiehl's, Fresh, and Chanel - there hasn't been any hyped lip treatment that I haven't tried. Summers weren't any better and I thought that I would just have to live with it.

Last year, I decided to give in and try Vaseline as recommended by a few of my girl friends. I'm sad to say that it did not work for me. Then I tried Aquaphor and felt my life change.

After removing my makeup in the evenings, I lightly exfoliate my lips with either a washcloth or a soft toothbrush to remove any remaining lip product and dead skin. Then I apply my beloved Aquaphor. In the mornings, I apply the ointment and make myself a coffee while I wait for it to do its job. Applying lipsticks, liners, stains, etc hasn't been easier.

I also use the ointment to spot treat any dry areas on my hands - it's definitely too greasy for me to apply it all over (think greasy phone and keyboards - yuck). I also use it as an "eye cream" when sleeping over at the Boyfriend's (who by the way loves Aquaphor for his lips too). I just simply cannot leave the house without my tube of Aquaphor.

If you have given up hope on lip treatments and haven't tried this out yet, do yourself a favor and get this ointment. If you have chapped, bleeding, and flaky lips like I had - don't give up. I found my life changer, I know you can find yours too.

on 4/20/2015 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have used Aquaphor for years on my lips. It is the only thing that keeps them moisturized during the dry winter months. Other chapsticks are ok, but when my lips really start peeling and bleeding, I have to have my Aquaphor!

on 4/18/2015 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

*Lips:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, YES. A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

I have very very lips due to acne medication, and they constantly flake and dry out no matter how much water I drink or how much lip balm I put on. Aquaphor beats out all the balms I've tried. With other balms, I have to reapply them like every half hour, but Aquaphor honestly keeps my lips moist and soft for at least a few hours.

I also like the packaging for the lip tube, it's hygienic and cute because it's small :)

*Face:

I took one star off for Aquaphor because when I use it directly on my face, it irritates it in some places and gives me red patches on my cheeks. I think that my skin is sensitive to lanolin, one of the ingredients. However, it still performs amazingly-moisturizing-black-magic-sorcery on my lips.

on 4/15/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is godsent! I use it for my lips, for my face, my cuticles, it does it all. It's practically the only thing that keeps my lips from flaking like hell during the winter. Only complaint is the price, which is kind of high, considering the amount of product you get. It would also be really great if they could make it as a lip balm in stick form, so it would be easier to use than constantly having to stick your fingers into the tube.

on 4/9/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

great stuff

on 4/5/2015 6:08:00 PM

I don't think I need to elaborate as what good can be said about this product is said. This is one of my skin care staples.

I use this for my lips and eye area. Other uses have been small wounds. For the small amount I use the price and amount is perfect.

I get pimples from using it over my face. So I stopped using it there.

It really does the job. The wounds I had heal faster. Also it is easier to use than Vaseline (I use this on my face when my skin is dry, no breakouts).

Pro:

* 7$ for 40 ml. Ok price and amount.
* Makes small cuts heal faster
* Helps dry lips and under eye area moist

Con:

* Can't use over my face as I get breakouts from it. I'm guessing it is the lanolin.

on 4/4/2015 11:08:00 PM

Great for chapped lips and eczema. I also coat my feet in it and cover with socks. After a few night my heels feel much softer. I also bought a stand up squeeze tube (rather than a tub) to use for my baby. In fact, it is called aquaphor baby, but I don't think there is a difference in the ingredients. I'll never be without this product.

on 3/28/2015 7:38:00 PM

This really helped me when I was going through accutane treatment! Along with a few other products I used this on any dry skin or flakiness and I believe it really made a difference!

on 3/27/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

PSA: if you have skin anything along the lines of flaking dryness and sensitivity no matter what products you use (especially in brutal winters), you ABSOLUTELY need this in your life. After learning about proper skincare in which the premise lays its foundations on gentle cleansing, no fragrance, alcohol and irritants, my eczema-prone dry skin STILL flaked no matter how heavily I moisturized. Trust me, I have tried everything and no amount of argan oils, butters, and hyaluronic acids stopped my skin from flaking.

The thing missing from my skincare routine was not more heavy moisturizers, but an occlusive. I had previously used Vaseline in which petroleum jelly was the main ingredient, but it didn't restore my skin to the healthy glow that comes from optimal moisture.

Enter Aquaphor. This does contain petroleum jelly, but also goodies like glycerin, bisabolol, pathenol and lanolin alcohol. This combination brings back life into my dry and dull skin. My skin finally regained moisture and radiance in just one night and stopped flaking after two.

Because of the highly emollient and heavy nature of this product, I use this only at night. I use this after I've applied my other moisturizers at the end of my skincare routine to lock everything in.

If you have been experiencing similar issues that I had and feel like you've tried everything, run--don't walk-- to grab yourself some Aquaphor.