October 1, 2014 | 1862 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Jenaliciousz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the Aquaphor healing ointment for many years now. I even got my husband using it after he got a large tattoo done, and he was amazed at how it healed the skin right away. This stuff is nothing short of amazing.

If you have a sunburn, (which I get EVERY summer w/o fail) This stuff will be your best bet.

Although I want to add, I see a lot of people say this is not greasy. It does have a slight Vaseline consistency, so yes, I'd actually say it IS greasy. A little (and boy do I mean a little) goes a long way.

I could not use this under my makeup because it just wouldn't mesh well. I usually use it a few nights per week. I lather it all over my face and sleep with it like it's a mask. When I wake up my face looks refreshed, and feels super smooth. Those are the days I usually don't have to wear foundation, & I get compliments on how good my skin looks.

There really are so many uses for this product, it's a great thing to have handy. If you buy the large jar of it (14 oz / $10 Walgreen's) It will last you well over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by CatVid

So this is me also jumping on the bandwagon...

I can only agree- this is an amazing multi-purpose product.

It soothes dry lips, heels and elbows and anywhere else where you need moisturizing.
It is also great on scabs and abrasions as a healing ointment.
It is fragrance free, non comedogenic and suitable for babies.

It saved my heels this week when I got bad blisters from new shoes. I just put it on the blisters and the skin was much better the next day and healed the day after.
I am also using it on a scratch on my face I gave myself by accident while sleeping...I have no skinproblems while using it on that small area so I am really considering to try it out as a moisturizer once a week. Oh, and the scratch is just a little red (not "inflamation red") and no scab is forming over it...the skin looks soft and calm already.

It costs about 10 € for 40ml and comes in a small tube. Itīs hygienic to use and the tube is absolutely non-fancy looking- which I like for a change.

I honestly think that everyone who is interested in skincare should own this product as it is very basic, inexpensive and so versatile!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by newslang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff!

I was suffering from an allergic reaction that left my lips dry, scaly, painful and honestly kind of gross. I tried this after reading some promising reviews and I was not disappointed.

Within about 5 minutes my lips didn't hurt at all anymore and within about an hour, they looked healed.

You can use this as a lip balm, cuticle cream, hand lotion, after shave balm.....

It isn't greasy, it doesn't really have a scent and it's not expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by troo12

This is a staple in my life. I originally got it for my new tattoo last year, but ever since, I've used for so many other purposes. I especially like putting it on my lips when they get so dry I nearly give up on restoring them. It's a beautiful ointment! If you have never tried it, I highly advise getting a tube, it's multi-functional and completely worth your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMiller1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this stuff! If my skin ever needs that extra oomph of moisture, this is my go-to product. It gets very dry where I live, so this is a lifesaver :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my first month of accutane. And although side effects don't usually occur until after the first month I felt my lips drying up within a day of taking my first pill. I started breaking out around my mouth during week 1, there was some swelling and the skin was just peeling. It just looked horrific. After a couple of days of using aquaphor on my lips and the skin around it, it has completely healed. I even started using this on my nose and dry spots on my cheeks as my ridiculously oily skin started drying up due to accutane. This is a life saver. I'm already halfway through the tube. It literally goes with me everywhere I go because I absolutely cannot go without it right now. I can definitely see myself using this even after treatment, although probably not as extensively.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I had some of this potion in a bottle but got it for another skin issue that it didn't help with. I originally got it for this crazy dry skin in corner of one of my eyes. Think it was a weather issue.
Anyhoo!
So I had this zit that I got rid of (I know i know bad girl but we all do it cuz we have to) that left such bad dry skin from the BP I kept using to make sure it stayed gone. Right smack dab in middle of forehead! Talk about third eye! I put this on overnight and the skin was 95% better! Couldn't believe it. Thank you MUA for the tips. I know by tomorrow it should be nearly cured! �
😃

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by GlossyGal05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW - that should be enough to tell you what a great product this is. Let me just start off by saying this is a skin saver. I am a teenager with combination, acne-prone skin so believe me when I tell you I know how it feels to struggle with your skin. I am always looking for products to clear my skin and make it look healthier. I always struggle with acne and that can be a very damaging to your confidence and self-esteem, so I went out to look for something that would help clear up my acne and make my skin smoother. I came across an acne system (I provided a review of it already, it's called Equate Beauty Acne System) that works wonderfully but it dried out my skin terribly because of the Benzoyl Peroxide. I am very hopeful with all the products I use on my face so I tend to over use them hoping to see results. I used this everyday for a week and it totally sucked all the moisture out of my face and left me with an embarrassingly dry face that just would not return to it's original state. A week went by without using the acne system and my skin still looked terribly dry. I kept lathering on moisturizers all day but they didn't help at all. Then I saw a post online that stated Aquaphor helps heals skin and I remembered that I had many of these little tubes of product in my cabinet.

(My mother was shopping in our local drugstore one day and she saw a huge basket of filled with .14 oz sample tubes of this product so she decided to grab a whole bunch (and boy, I sure am glad she did!) of these little miracle workers. Whenever I get a sample or buy a new product I immediately look up reviews for them to see how well they work and how they are rated, so that's just what I did. I saw that this product is highly rated ranging from 4.7-5 stars from various sites so I decided that I would try it since it has worked for so many people. )

So when it was time to wash my face I cleansed my face thoroughly and applied my moisturizer on afterwards. Then I grabbed the little tube of this and applied a light layer of my entire face to "seal in" the moisturizer. I was very hesitant to try this product out on my face just because I am acne-prone and the ingredients scared me, but the reviews were great and I just wanted my skins moisture to return back so badly so I figured I had nothing to lose. I went to sleep and I woke up the next morning and WOW. My skin's moisture was fully returned and my face looked so dewy and was so soft - wasn't dry at all. After constantly applying moisturizer to my face and not having that work I was so shocked. My skin looked brand new and I didn't feel any new forming breakouts. A few days have passed and my skin is not dry at all and still no breakouts. I am beyond ecstatic that I have this product and will forever continue to use it. I have about fifteen .14 oz sample tubes (which last such a long time) so I keep one in my room, one in my purse, one in my car, basically I have one with me wherever I go.

If anything changes I will provide and updated review but all I can say is this is a true miracle worker. Don't deprive yourself from this and try it, you will be happy you did!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading rave reviews about this I thought I'd try it out. It's not available where I live unfortunately, so I bought it from a reputable ebay seller. By the time I paid postage it wasn't cheap but it is a good product.

On my dry lips it feels like a really soothing balm. It's very thick, think Vaseline type thick but feels more medicinal if that makes any sense.

I've also used it very sparingly on dry heels/elbows and on my cuticles as part of a manicure.

I love the tube it's very hygienic, and I love that once applied it lasts for a while. I'm switching between Egyptian Magic cream and this on my lips. This lasts longer once applied, but EG cream sinks in quickly - I'm not sure which is better but they're both good.

I couldn't possibly apply this to my skin though. I've read some people use this as a night moisturiser - gross. It's way too thick for that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow - this stuff has saved my poor sore nose! I've had a stupid cold for about 3 weeks, and my nose was so sore I could hardly stand to put a kleenex (or puffs ultra soft, actually) to it. Then I used this on it, and literally within an hour, it was barely sore! I dunno what sort of elfin magic is in this but I'll never be without it again! It's also great on badly chapped lips, and hideously dry hands! (says the dried out voice of experience...) If you have dry or sore skin, yuo really should try this on it. It's greasy for a while, but your skin will thank you for it!