Mary Kay Satin Hands Hand Cream with Sunscreen SPF 4

3.8

on 11/9/2004 12:06:00 AM

I've tried a fair number of hand creams and moisterizers in my lifetime. in past winters, my hands would get cracked and dry and eventually bleed, despite my efforts with eucerin, beeswax creams, cotton gloves, etc. I will say the only product that ever had real results was the satin hands spa set from MK. seemed to miraculously restore my skin. however, I haven't had such remarkable results in subsequent uses.
The hand cream has a nice thick consistency. it doesn't feel greasy or slimy. your skin absorbs it nicely and it lasts for a bit.
what I dislike most is the scent, which seems to smell like a powdery old lady and intensifies as the cream ages. I've had one of my tubes for over a year and the funny scent is starting to be really bothersome. still, very nice hand cream. works like a charm.

on 11/4/2004 1:50:00 AM

One in my purse, one in my glove box, one on the sink in my bathroom, one on the sink in my kitchen. You know that feeling at the spa when they do your hand massage mid-manicure? Now I can have it at home in between trips to the spa! Awesome!

on 12/31/2003 8:52:00 PM

I first tried this product in a mini set (the travel set) I purchased for peanuts ($3) on EBay, yes Thank God for EBay. I loved the product so much that I turned around and bought the large sized products, there are four in all. I not only think the product got my hands really baby soft, but I was thrilled to see that the gel wash that comes with it, had the fragrance I fell in love with back in 1991 when it was a body wash. The set begins with the red, petroleum jelly like cream, then add the scrub, then the gel wash and finally the MK Satin Hands Lotion with spf4, another plus. Yes, I do love this product and have even had good luck with putting it on my toes dry spots which get calloused from wearing heels (my weakness). The only small criticism I have of this product is that the softening agents don't always last, I sometimes find myself getting dry again, but that means it should be applied three times a week instead of twice or once; overall a very good product for the $.

on 12/31/2003 5:39:00 PM

I gave it a 5 on another review but after reading IslandGirl's (below) I thought "YAH! Why is it just a lousy SPF 4?" why not spf 10 where it would actually be of benefit in the sun. STill, I love this hand cream. I love the way it smells and feels. Will keep buying.

on 5/5/2003 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My hands get pretty dry and this cream helps them stay soft and moisturized. The extra spf 4 is nice in a hand cream, esp. driving around sunny Fla.

on 4/20/2003 3:04:00 PM

A decent hand cream but just not for me. I would prefer something with more SPF and I wasnt cranky about the smell.

on 12/27/2002 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had great success with this hand cream of late. It is wonderful during the day because the scent is non-obstrusive and the cream absorbs rapidly so you are not left rubbing your hands together for 30 minutes to make the hand cream absorb, if you know what I mean. And it's cheap--$6.50/tube which rivals drugstore prices. The suncreen factor is a joke but overall I am impressed with the quality of this product. Worth finding a MK rep to try this product, I swear.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Plain as plain lotion as can get. This has a boring fragrance about it and whats with the measley spf 4? I Wouldn't advertise that. What a joke. These days and SPF 15 is the very least you should be using. If I am using a hand cream it better have a lovely fragrance about it (which this does not) and or have anti-aging benefits (which this does not.).------------------------ UPDATE: If I want to pay what MK wants for this garbage I'd rather buy high end brands or even MAC and Urban Decay.---------------------------------------------UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.

on 12/5/2002 1:51:00 PM

This is a wonderful handcream for dry hands. It immediately makes my dry winter cracked hands feel hydrated and healthy again. A must have!

Popular Body Skincare Products