December 18, 2014 | 1647 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Before you open the jar, brace yourself this is a thick cream...probably the thickest I have seen. It's thicker than Vaseline, but it's amazing. I have been using this on and off for probably 2 years now, and I always go back to it in the winter months or when my skin is feeling stressed. I'll break it down in note form:
- I would not recommend putting this on your body right after the shower, it will take years to rub in, and if you already have aggravated patches or sensitive skin, it will further agitate it as its that thick. I would say to take another basic lotion (I like Curel or CeraVe) and apply it, then apply this on top only where you need it. If you coat your whole body in it, not only will it feel icky but you will be wasting the product.
- I have tried putting it on my face when my skin was winter-stressed, and it did help but I absolutely loathed the sticky, greasy feeling of it and I wouldn't do it again. You can try it but I would put very little on.
- On my feet it does the job, but I prefer something cheaper: Vaseline.
But my favourite way to use this is literally as a barrier cream. I have superrrrr sensitive nipples/aerolas, to the point that they will be so sensitive when my shirt touches them bare, therefore hot water touching them is even worse. What I do is I dab a little bit of this onto my nipples before I head into the shower when they're feeling extra annoyed lol, and it literally acts like a barrier between the hot water and my skin. And the cream is that thick that it doesn't rub off even when the stream of the shower touches the area. I only do this when I need to but it has helped a lot. After the shower I just rub the lotion in. I also tried this on a red patch I had on my neck and it helped enormously. So if one has eczema patches, they could coat the skin with the cream before they head into the shower. Because we all like hot showers, and they're not that easy to avoid on cold days. :P Only note with this is that make sure it doesn't get in your hair because it's a pain to get off. In Canada, it can sometimes be found on the shelves but if it's not there ask the pharmacist because they usually keep it otc (I don't know why). Also don't get this confused with Eucerin's Aquaphor...the consistency of that is basically just like Vaseline and it doesn't do anything!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love this as a top coat moisturizer (for face and body), and especially on very dry patches and eczema. I have very dry, very sensitive skin, so I always have a jar of it in the bathroom for right after a shower, and the smaller tube of it to bring along.
Ingredients: Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by blueeyedmonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love. This is my new HG moisturizer. I've used all the expensive $100/ jar creams out there looking for something like this. It's nice and thick and an excellent night cream. I will also use is occasionally as a day cream if my skin is particularly dry.

I recommend rubbing it on your fingers first to warm up, then sort of patting on to your face (so you're not tugging at your skin).

The packaging leaves a bit to be desired; wish it was in a tube rather than a pot. But I'll keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not to be confused with regular creams and lotions, this stuff is as thick as tar and meant for really, really dry skin. I keep a small tube in my purse and use it when my hands become chapped, red, and scaly. (This happens in winter, but also sometimes when I've worked a lot of shifts in the ER and have washed/sanitized my hands hundreds of times). Straight Vaseline is just too greasy, but Eucerin is perfect. Just a dab. It's the only thing that doesn't further sting and irritate my poor hands. I even use it as a lip balm in a pinch. Great, cheap, simple stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

CAUTION to those who have never tried Eucerin Original Moisturizing Creme, but are considering it: please do not consider this to be just another regular lotion. It's an extremely thick, heavy, intensive, healing moisturizer for the driest of dry skin. I was previously using Cetaphil cream (in the tub) as my daytime facial moisturizer, but my skin went through this transformation from being combination/oily to combination/DRY. Blame it on the prescription topicals. Anyway, Cetaphil wasn't cutting it anymore so after reading the reviews here, I bought the 2oz tube of Eucerin Creme (around $5.00 on drugstore.com).

I love this stuff. My skin just drinks it right up, and it annihilates any and all flakes. Yes, you need to wait a few minutes after applying to be 100% certain that it has fully absorbed. But once it has, it should play quite well under makeup. I'm acne-prone, but I'm pretty sure that this HASN'T aggravated my skin negatively. And just for a comparison I decided to buy Elta MD Intensive, and I can definitely say that Eucerin blows Elta MD out of the water. This has definitely become a staple within my skincare routine, and at this point I'm pretty sure I can't be without it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrible. Greasy and never fully absorbed, still felt dry underneath the oil slick. Jar not hygienic,

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Only use this if you have the time to rub it in because it is going to take awhile. It is extremely thick without being super greasy so it's pretty effective. But I feel I can the same efectiveness from not so thick lotions like Curel. It is also pretty costly; I only bought it because I had a coupon. I wouldn't but it again as I am always running late and need something that rubs in quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

A very amazing cream I use during the winter months when my cheeks get dry dry dry dry dry. I am super acne prone, especially on my cheeks and this stuff doesnít clog my pores at all. The one I has comes in a jar and I donít mind since I always wash my hands thoroughly before starting my facial care routine.

A little goes a long way! The texture is really thick so what Iíd recommended is just take a small swipe and dot it on places you need. Then work it in slowly into your skin and the warmth of your skin and fingers will make the product a lot easier to work with. Yeah, I go to bed greased up but in the morning my skin has soaked up all of its awesomeness and is supple to the touch :>!

This is really moisturizing and can be used on dry areas of your body. I used it on my legs when I was in dry dry dry vegas and my legs were so soft :> it didnít leave my legs greasy because I think this stuff sinks in a bit slower on the face but then again I might be a big generous with the application on my face than legs.

A staple winter product for me and itís cheap too. Thereís a small tub and a large one. The small one is around $7-8 while the bigger one is about $13. I didnít buy the big one since I didnít know if this wouldíve worked out for me. Even though I picked up the smaller jar I canít even see myself finishing it in a longgggg time because a little product goes such a long way. And itís a seasonal skincare product for me so Iím not using it year around either.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by 3Lanvin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with HRenfrewgrl. Worst cream I've ever tried! When I applied this my skin got really, really itchy, but the cream was so thick it was difficult to get off my skin. I was scrubbing to get it off, and my drain got white pasty gunk all over it. I have a rash everywhere I put this and scabs all over my legs(as I was scrubbing so hard to get the product off! The product burned!). I'm surprised the packaging said for sensitive skin, it's not, it gives rashes. It was the worst experience! btw - the texture is like dry wall. I'm shocked at all the good reviews, because this product is awful!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm pregnant and I started getting eczema on my stomach (on the sides) My doctor recommanded I stop using cocoa butter (which is not 100% organic and therefore has perfumes, dyes and alcohol) and started using Eucerin. It's been a week now and I can see a big improvment. The initial rash is gone, and my skin is now smooth and well-moisturized. I use it on my legs, hips and it works really well. I will continue using it during my pregnancy and beyond.
It's a little greasy and it's difficult to dose the amount you need with the pump, but it's okay.