October 23, 2014 | 1076 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not to be confused with regular creams and lotions, this stuff is as thick as tar and meant for really, really dry skin. I keep a small tube in my purse and use it when my hands become chapped, red, and scaly. (This happens in winter, but also sometimes when I've worked a lot of shifts in the ER and have washed/sanitized my hands hundreds of times). Straight Vaseline is just too greasy, but Eucerin is perfect. Just a dab. It's the only thing that doesn't further sting and irritate my poor hands. I even use it as a lip balm in a pinch. Great, cheap, simple stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

CAUTION to those who have never tried Eucerin Original Moisturizing Creme, but are considering it: please do not consider this to be just another regular lotion. It's an extremely thick, heavy, intensive, healing moisturizer for the driest of dry skin. I was previously using Cetaphil cream (in the tub) as my daytime facial moisturizer, but my skin went through this transformation from being combination/oily to combination/DRY. Blame it on the prescription topicals. Anyway, Cetaphil wasn't cutting it anymore so after reading the reviews here, I bought the 2oz tube of Eucerin Creme (around $5.00 on drugstore.com).

I love this stuff. My skin just drinks it right up, and it annihilates any and all flakes. Yes, you need to wait a few minutes after applying to be 100% certain that it has fully absorbed. But once it has, it should play quite well under makeup. I'm acne-prone, but I'm pretty sure that this HASN'T aggravated my skin negatively. And just for a comparison I decided to buy Elta MD Intensive, and I can definitely say that Eucerin blows Elta MD out of the water. This has definitely become a staple within my skincare routine, and at this point I'm pretty sure I can't be without it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrible. Greasy and never fully absorbed, still felt dry underneath the oil slick. Jar not hygienic,

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Only use this if you have the time to rub it in because it is going to take awhile. It is extremely thick without being super greasy so it's pretty effective. But I feel I can the same efectiveness from not so thick lotions like Curel. It is also pretty costly; I only bought it because I had a coupon. I wouldn't but it again as I am always running late and need something that rubs in quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

A very amazing cream I use during the winter months when my cheeks get dry dry dry dry dry. I am super acne prone, especially on my cheeks and this stuff doesnít clog my pores at all. The one I has comes in a jar and I donít mind since I always wash my hands thoroughly before starting my facial care routine.

A little goes a long way! The texture is really thick so what Iíd recommended is just take a small swipe and dot it on places you need. Then work it in slowly into your skin and the warmth of your skin and fingers will make the product a lot easier to work with. Yeah, I go to bed greased up but in the morning my skin has soaked up all of its awesomeness and is supple to the touch :>!

This is really moisturizing and can be used on dry areas of your body. I used it on my legs when I was in dry dry dry vegas and my legs were so soft :> it didnít leave my legs greasy because I think this stuff sinks in a bit slower on the face but then again I might be a big generous with the application on my face than legs.

A staple winter product for me and itís cheap too. Thereís a small tub and a large one. The small one is around $7-8 while the bigger one is about $13. I didnít buy the big one since I didnít know if this wouldíve worked out for me. Even though I picked up the smaller jar I canít even see myself finishing it in a longgggg time because a little product goes such a long way. And itís a seasonal skincare product for me so Iím not using it year around either.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by 3Lanvin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with HRenfrewgrl. Worst cream I've ever tried! When I applied this my skin got really, really itchy, but the cream was so thick it was difficult to get off my skin. I was scrubbing to get it off, and my drain got white pasty gunk all over it. I have a rash everywhere I put this and scabs all over my legs(as I was scrubbing so hard to get the product off! The product burned!). I'm surprised the packaging said for sensitive skin, it's not, it gives rashes. It was the worst experience! btw - the texture is like dry wall. I'm shocked at all the good reviews, because this product is awful!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm pregnant and I started getting eczema on my stomach (on the sides) My doctor recommanded I stop using cocoa butter (which is not 100% organic and therefore has perfumes, dyes and alcohol) and started using Eucerin. It's been a week now and I can see a big improvment. The initial rash is gone, and my skin is now smooth and well-moisturized. I use it on my legs, hips and it works really well. I will continue using it during my pregnancy and beyond.
It's a little greasy and it's difficult to dose the amount you need with the pump, but it's okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by skinobsessed1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to write a review on this amazing classic cream. I LOVE how thick and buttery it is. It is such a treat to use and rub in. Many have noted they don't particularly care for the thickness, but it is not a lotion. It is true to its cream name, and definitely on the extreme end of the thickness side. I bough the giant tub of it on sale at CVS for 9.99, when it's originally around $16.00. Again, this is at CVS where they are a tad overpriced. I'm sure you could find it cheaper. This cream makes my hands, feet, and anywhere else I apply it feel soft, smooth, glowy, and moisturized. I love finding a classic, non-irritating staple that works well, and this is it! Anyone with super dry skin has to give this a try. i also dab it a bit around my eyes to seal in everything during the cold winter months. No breakouts! NOTE: those who say its 'hard' to rub in. yes, its super super thick! but whatever. i take a big blob in my hands and rub my hands together first to 'warm it up' and make the product spread more easily. just like creme de la mer. you have to warm it up to make it more pliable. once i do that, it spreads fine, like a thick cream!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

Super supder effective!!, no fragrance at all !!
making my hand a lot differently smooth.

however, only thing I complain about is the texture. too stiff.
heavy textture makes me hard to rub on

but I'll use it again. cause there is nothing to compare this cream's effectiveness to other products

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by shelly73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was recommended to my a few years ago by my dermatologist. I have eczema mainly on my hands/knuckles to the point it turns leathery, crusty, and cracks and bleeds. Very painful at times. I use this in cahoots with a RX for Lidex,and Betamide, when things get bad. The rest of the time I just use this. I really REALLY hate the greasy feel of this, but anyone who has eczema knows that it takes oily/greasy stuff to heal. (regular lotions that are mostly water do nothing for eczema, the water in them just evaporates out of your skin, making it drier than it was before. You have to use an oily base to seal in the little moisture you have or it will just start the cycle all over again) I've had to adjust to this and I still don't like it, but used in partnership with the Lidex and Betamide it helps. I won't be caught without it, even tho I hate to use it due to the feel.