Ralph Lauren polo sport for women

3.7

on 11/14/2007 11:25:00 AM

I have a huge bottle of this, I've used about half of it. I'm a bit tired of this sporty, fresh scent.

on 5/29/2007 10:59:00 AM

Yes, I would but this again if it weren't discontinued. I've worn this fragrance sine 1997, and I was heartbroken to discover it was discontinued in 2005 or 2006. It smells kinda like a spicy floral, but not musky. Every time I wear it, I get a million and one compliments. I have one bottle in my bathroom, and one in my fridge so I can continue to wear it!

on 4/25/2007 6:01:00 AM

My brother bought me a HUGE Polo Sport Woman gift set a few years ago. It came with a large tube of body gel, wallet and enormous bottle of EDT, and I loved it. This fragrance is a watery-sporty-floral, sweeter than pleasures, not as articial as Cool Water, and not as feminine as Eternity Moment. It's not a fragrance I reach for often (I'm not a really sporty gal) but I do like it on casual days. In fact, I always think to myself that I'd use it the next day, or on such and such occasion, but when I get round to that day or that occasion I always wear something else. I don't think I've done my brother any justice. Must wear this next time I see him!

on 3/8/2007 11:31:00 AM

No, I don't wear this. I don't like these type of fragrances, and if I ever got this as a present I could only see myself wearing it to the gym. But I never go to the gym (I know I should, but I'm the lazy kind of girl). So, probably I would never use it, and one day I would get tired of looking at it on my vanity table, and wrap it up as a gift and give it to my sister for Christmas or something. She likes these type of fragrances. She also never wears makeup. I always wear makeup (except when I sleep). I remember my aunt Lulu had this fragrance, back in the late 90's. I remember once she came to our house to spend Christmas season, and she had this perfume with her. On Christmas Eve my mother insists we pray and we have this small baby Jesus and we sing songs to him, etc. (All very Catholic Mexican tradition). So, this night my aunt was standing in the middle of the living room, wearing her pajamas, with her bible, wearing this perfume, singing and praying. I asked her what had happened to her clothes, she said she had forgotten to pack clothes, because when she was packing all she could think of was not forgetting to pack her perfume. Oh, my aunt, I wonder if she still wears it.

on 12/12/2006 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This stuff is why I hate department store fragrance isles. I have nightmares about getting spritzed against my will with such insipid toilet water.

on 7/5/2006 12:08:00 PM

A good honest perfume that does its job and more. Zesty yet florally feminine, makes you feel young, spritzy and active. Indeed a perfect pre-during-post gym fragrance. The other related products (Sculpt - dry body oil and Finish - body spray) are equally nice. Never fails to get compliments, even if is a bit dated.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it and have done so since it first came out. It is fresh, light and citrusy perfect for day/night or just spritzing before catching that gym class. I cannot believe it was ever discontinued, it can be found though on ebay and strawberrynet which is great for someone like moi.... It has the same freshness as Issey Miyake and CK Escape, it does have mediocre staying power but one spritz throughout the day and you'll be done. LOVE IT .....

on 2/15/2006 7:23:00 PM

I just bought a small bottle of RL Polo Sport for Women at Marshall's and what a happy discovery it was. I never before had any interest in it, as I am decidedly non-sporty and hate gyms, and I'm not attracted to the bottle either, but the fragrance is really lovely. All I can say is it smells very fresh and clean. Which isn't really being specific enough because there are a lot of fresh, clean scents out there. This one gets it just right, though. It starts out grapefruity but that soon dies down and becomes, one me, a lovely clean soapy skin scent. I've been in the mood for a "clean" fragrance, something you spray on in the morning after a shower and head out the door to meet the day in. And this is the one. They really got it right. I will definitely look to purchase again because I know this small bottle will be gone in no time.

on 2/14/2006 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is strange, it smells exactly what it smells like at hairdresserīs :) very fresh, like water-melon juice with a lot of destilated water in it :) I can only imagine myself wearing this when going to gym (but I usually DONīT go to gym, so this stuff is nothing for me) :)

on 1/26/2006 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

RL has discontinued the Polo Sport for Women. This is a crisp marine fragrance, with melon notes and spearmint, citrus and an interesting base with styrax in it. The notes according to Jan Moran are: "Scent type: Marine
Top Notes: Citrus, water mint, melon
Heart Notes: Freesia, ginger, water lily, mango, plum
Base Notes: Cedarwood, sandalwood, musk
"Ralph Lauren salutes female athletes with Polo Sport Woman, categorized as a marine scent.
Polo Sport Woman is fresh and sheer, ideal after a brisk workout, competitive sport, or yoga and meditation. Soft floral notes are combined with sparkling citrus and marine notes--a refreshing experience, like an afternoon plunge into a shimmering lagoon. Polo Sport Woman is housed in an apothecary-style bottle with a barbell-inspired, silver-toned cap. "Đ

The notes according to Osmoz.com are: aldehydes, lemon, melon, spearmint; violet, rose, freesia, cyclamen; sandalwood, amber, patchouli, styrax.

I can smell cedar in this and styrax, the aldehydes, definitely citrus and melon and mint. There seems to be a discrepancy in the listings of the middle and base notes, I am not sure if there is patchouli in this, I certainly don't smell it, but cedar and sandalwood I can believe.

Overall it's a very refreshing fragrance and at one time, I really did love it. I had this fragrance for about 12 years and now I'm about "done". It is a very pretty marine that is not too metallic or harsh. The hydrating "blue" gel, like the previous reviewer commented, is very nicely scented and good to use with the RL Sport fragrance. Avoid the cleanser- it does NOT foam at all. But the hydrating gel is worth the money. All in all, it's pretty, I got about 1/2 way through the huge 5.1 oz bottle and I ended up giving it away, I could never get through the whole thing.

Popular Fragrances