MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

on 5/1/2014 1:16:00 AM

This product is amazing, it's not over the top and it's quite natural looking. One thing I don't like is when you can really tell that your eyebrows have been drawn on, to me there is nothing worse then that. I think this is really nice as you can get the perfect shade without looking tacky. The product doesn't run and stays put on all day. At first I wasn't sure what the product would be like as the product is quite thin and doesn't look like it will go far, but surprisingly is. At first I tried lingering, but because my hair is darker it was too light for me, spiked was the perfect shade so if you have darker hair then this is perfect for you. I would purchase again, in fact I have bought the product about 4 or 5 times

on 3/29/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Very precise!

on 2/27/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really disappointed here. I was making a purchase for lipsticks in a MAC shop, and asked if I could look at anything for eyebrows, as I was using a MUA brow pencil and looking for something else. The sales assistant instantly picked this up and told me this is what I wanted.
Paid something like 13 for it.
I went home and opened it up and realised just how TINY it is. not much product at all. I was told it was super sharp so I could draw individual hairs. After the first use the end obviously got blunt.
To be honest, I've been using this for two weeks now and its no better that the 1 MUA pencil I was using. Gonna try Urban decay's Brow box in my ongoing quest for nice eyebrows.

I was going back and forth between which shade to purchase: Spiked or Stud. I tried Stud first per the recommendation of one of the MAC associates. To me, it had a teeny hint of red in it, which I do not like for my jet black hair. I exchanged it for Spiked which is definitely more of a true brown with no red. I'm thinking the associate picked Stud for me because I'm fair skinned and Spiked CAN look harsh as it is darker than Stud. I have definitely overdone it before... Just use light strokes for a more natural look. I really did like the super thin pencil "point", it was exactly what I was looking for at the time. I do agree with another reviewer, though, that Anastasia's Brow Wiz trumps this.

on 12/13/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have alopecia universalis, so no eyebrow hair-- i really like this pencil and shade ( I've been purchasing since 2009) Applied with a light hand it's a light brown, i then apply med-heavy for darker shade. I use short feather strokes to apply my brows and this pencil does a pretty good job. Staying power is good as long as you don't rub your hand across, then it all comes off, somehow it mostly stays on with sweating just requires a touch up. The only thing I dislike is packaging, I wish you could see how much is left before realizing it won't click turn anymore!

on 11/17/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Too harsh and unnatural looking on my eyebrows, plus the pencil is so fragile and prone to breakage even with light strokes.

on 11/13/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was my favorite for awhile but compared to my Anastasia Brow Wiz this is mediocre. The pencil has a much thicker point and creates too thick of a line at times. For a couple dollars more I would recommend Brow Wiz.

on 11/13/2013 12:46:00 PM

This is a really good brow pencil because it's very fine and it doesn't look harsh. It allows you to fill in the sparse areas very precisely and goes on very smoothly. I don't find that mine breaks off at all, but then I don't wind mine up too much. I don't like that you can't twist it back down because it's hard to tell how much product you have left. Overall, I love how quick and easy this is to use but I don't feel the price is justified.

on 11/7/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my holy grail..eyebrown pencil...and yes..it last me only 2 n half mths..so i buy 4 at a time or so...but i started using lighter strokes...so it lasts longer...but the best ever...ive tried drugstore eyebrow pencils , other brands...but nothing can stray me from this stuff! ...I think MAC SHOULD..make it come in a pack set of 2....COME ON MAC ..STEP THE GAME UP!! LOL...gives u beat faced brows!!

This is one of the better brow pencils I've tried at first I was upset with it because mine ran out in a month so that sucked and then ran out to get another one and guess what this time I learned I didn't need much just light strokes and it's just perfect for my brows even though my brows are darker than this pencil it just looks so natural I love spiked so much!

Popular Brows Products