November 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Kiehl's - Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by olives5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good product, effective and extremely gentle even for sensitive eyes, and not greasy. Too expensive for my budget though, so I will now stick to olive oil as a cheaper, greasier alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Rainey1

I absolutely love the texture of this product. It doesn't do very well with removing waterproof mascara, but I rarely use waterproof so it does the job for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by mijols

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It took me awhile to get used to the creamy texture and how much to use but now that I have figured out how to make it work best for my eyes, I really like it. I love the creamy texture and it is soothing on my tired eyes. I don't wear much eye make-up and my mascara is NOT waterproof so I don't know how well this stuff would work if I did. But for a couple of coats of mascara and eye-lined upper lids with neutral shadow, this stuff works well. I love the packing too -- the flip top is great for travel! Oh, and I have had mine for three months and it is about half gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

So gentle that it doesn't remove anything! Needless to say I will not be repurchasing. I do not use heavy makeup but I do use waterproof mascara and the stuff will not budge with this remover. Boo Kiehls.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by jancam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm generally a huge Kiehls fan but I hated this product. The consistency is more like a lotion and not a liquid and it was difficult to figure out how to use it on a cotton ball. I ended up using too much and it really stung my eyes for several minutes. I ended up returning it to the store.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by baxy8

This product is DEFINITELY effective!! I've been using a Clinique make up remover for a while, and I can't believe how much better the Kiehl's one works! Its made a big difference in what I have to wipe off my face. It really does feel more gentle too.

My only complaint is the texture/formula - lotion is a weird thing for me to wipe over my eyes. I will get used to it though. I think I will probably buy this again - though I might need a few more days to decide for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by jsul5

It is gentle on the eyes and it even removes waterproof makeup. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

This eye makeup remover was a bit surprising for me in that it is a creamy lotion consistency, and not a thin liquid-type preparation that I am used to with eye makeup removers. So I find it a bit difficult to use when applied on a cotton tip, because the liquid ones I have used in the past would soak into the tip, whereas this doesn't. And even when applied on a cotton pad - it is easier to wipe over the eyes, but it just doesn't soak into the pad, which is what I prefer.

It is definitely gentle and does remove makeup, but I find that it isn't quite as effective as the product I was using before (Darphin). With Darphin, I also got a cooling, refreshing feeling which I liked. Overall, Kiehls is not a bad product, but it just isn't for me & I won't be purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I read the reviews on this and decided to give it a try. I swung by Bloomingdale's and picked up a bottle. I had a hard time paying for it though- didn't realize it was so expensive. I went home used the product and now I'm hooked. It was gentle but effective and a little goes a long way.

I will repurchase, but I'll have to save up first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very picky when it comes to eye makeup remover because my eye skin is insanely dry, flakey and sensitive. I used to love Lancome's Bi-facil until it started drying me out. Then I discovered Awake, and I liked it a lot until Neiman's stopped carrying it and it became impossible to find. I stumbled upon this Kiehl's one and I'm so glad I did, it's very non-offensive and removes makeup very effectively. It's super gentle and hasn't dried me out at all. The price is very good too, quite a bit cheaper than Awake.

A little tip for mascara removal...I like to pinch my eyelashes in a curler, then use a cotton pad coated with remover to rub gently back and forth over the metal curler plate. That way you can remove every last trace of makeup without having to rub back and forth on your delicate eye skin. I'm paranoid about tugging the eye area because I don't want to stretch out the elasticity of the skin.