LUSH soak 'n' float shampoo bar

3.6

* Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, * Water (Aqua), * Cade Oil (Juniperus oxycedrus), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Marigold Petals (Calendula officinalis), * Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Perfume.

on 2/9/2014 5:33:00 AM

Well, first off the picture on here looks nothing like the product in real life, thankfully. I am loving the whole solid shampoo bar thing LUSH is doing so as I have the occasional itchy scalp & flake situation I wanted to try this one. Yes it smells, however when you use it and it lathers up the smell is very light and when you're done washing & drying your hair it completely goes away. It solved the itching problem for me instantly, not the flakes, though, you might need to use it very consistently for that. Another thing is when you use it you must massage the product into your scalp very thorougly and let it sit for a bit for it to work more effectively. Even if it's not a miracle worker for everyone I'm sure it does better for you than average drugstore shampoos as it doesn't leave any weird chemical residue on your hair and scalp. I'll keep testing it and probably going to buy it again.

on 9/8/2013 7:45:00 AM

I purchased this product out of desperation, I needed something to help heal the whelps and blisters left by using Living Proof's Root Lifting Spray.

I was a little scared when reading the reviews, as people stated this shampoo smelled really bad and the picture posted here on MUA looks like a hair ball or something a cat would barf up! Like I said, I was desperate so I went to LUSH and purchased despite my apprehensions. I have to tell you, this product is very underrated and is actually pretty great!

First the smell. Yes, it does smell like a campfire but not obnoxiously so. It has more of a smoky scent that is not too strong and it does rinse out so it doesn't linger in your hair. I really didn't notice the smell lingering in the bathroom like some people claim and I have extremely sensitive sinuses, so if it was bad I would have noticed.

Second, the appearance. This is a solid shampoo bar that lathers extremely well with just 2-3 swipes of the bar directly onto my hair. The soap is all natural and contains seaweed so the pictures shows "hair like" strands that are actually seaweed fibers.

This little bar of shampoo is heaven sent, it is working wonders to help heal the blisters caused by the product referenced above that tore my scalp up in less than 2 weeks of use. The bar also contains lavender oil and I believe chamomile oil as well as marigold which is all very soothing and calming to my scalp. The blisters have actually scabbed over and the inflammation around the blisters is gone so I don't wince every time I run my brush through my hair! The real winning ingredient is the Cade oil contained in this bar, this is what gives it the smoky scent.

I have been applying tea tree oil to the whelps and blisters, which I was doing before this shampoo as well. The combination of the two is definitely helping my scalp to heal, but this shampoo has made a world of difference.

As a side note: since the shampoo is a solid bar, I did purchase one of the little tins to keep it in. Some reviewers talked about the bar getting gummy and gelatinous when left wet in the shower. I keep my bar in the tin and do not leave it in the shower. I also keep the lid off the tin so the shampoo bar can dry overnight after use and then replace the lid in the morning.

I will definitely repurchase and will continue to use even after my scalp heals. It really cleans my scalp and makes it feel refreshed so continued use 2-3 times per month is planned. For right now I am using 2-3 times per week.

on 9/2/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have seborrhea, so I am never searching for the impossible: a cure. It is always about controlling the itch and flake-producing planks. I have been using prescription-strength Selsun for nearly thirty years and hating every minute of it (thick, orange nightmare that cannot be rinsed out completely). I have had forays into other shampoos periodically, but nothing controlled the seborrhea as well as the Selsun. I was more than a little encouraged by the reviews on the LUSH site, so I let myself get excited. I was not disappointed by the shampoo. It is controlling the flare ups fairly well. I find the performance of the shampoo enhanced by using in it tandem with the Superbalm. I'm thrilled to be through with the Rx shampoo.

It does smell like five campfires have been lit in your bathroom, but it is not a bad smell just a strong one (I would not want to smell my favorite fragrance this strong). The fragrance dissipates pretty well from the hair after rinsing, and it leaves the bathroom as soon as you store the shampoo bar once it has dried sufficiently. To really eradicate the smell, use another shampoo after this one. The shampoo bar is genius for travel, and lasts a long time.

on 7/13/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I kind of oily scalp and dandruff, finally I bought this product but after two weeks of use there is no change, I was very disappointed. and I would not buy this product again.

on 5/29/2013 1:53:00 PM

I have a really flaky scalp for a while. I've tired almost everything on the market to make it better.but nothing has worked.
My sister suggested I go into lush, and ask them for a shampoo,since all of they're products are natural,with no harsh chemicals.
The worker there suggest the 'soak 'n' float' shampoo bar.
For the first time I used, It was great! It seemed like all of the dandruff was gone.
Unfortunately, after using it for two weeks, my scalp got worse than it ever was and I had to switch shampoo's, quite disappointing.

on 5/29/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have bad, recurring dandruff and have tried LOTS of products that didn't work. I am on to my 3rd bar of Lush Soak 'n' Float, so yes this one works for me - like all products you need a week or two before you start seeing results though.

The smell is intense but not too bad once you've finished rinsing it out, and virtually gone once my hair is dry. It is more effective (and less irritating) than my last anti-dandruff shampoos (Garnier Fructis) but I wish it was sulfate-free.

I first used it traveling around Asia and found the solid bar great for air travel, and good for my scalp in humid climates. I do find it dries out my normally oily/combination scalp, particularly in cooler climates in winter, so don't tend to use it more than once a week when I'm in New Zealand.

I recommend using an intensive conditioner and if you find it leaves a residue/build up, I've found a vinegar rinse (1/4 cup vinegar, 3/4 cup warm water) once a week is great!

FYI I am in my 30's, and my hair is dark, long and straight and have an combination oily scalp but dry ends.

on 5/22/2013 3:28:00 AM

oh Lush, i want to like you, really i do, every time i get within a mile of your store the lovely smell is so inviting. It lures me in and i have fun smelling everything in sight. unfortunately, the ingredients stink. lush aggravates me because they try to trick people into thinking they are natural and safe. While they do use many natural ingredients, they usually use sulfates and at least some fake perfumes. thats a big no for me. I have gotten a few lip balms in there that i liked, that i'll say. Also, they use baking soda often, and my skin is allergic to that. now as for this shampoo bar- I did like it and felt it helped my itchy scalp. The texture of the bar is a bit gritty which I liked, made it easier to lather. And i like the campfire scent! But I wouldnt use this regularly or often because of the sulfates and artificial fragrance. If you're in the store and want to try something unique and sort of natural for dandruff/itchy scalp, maybe you might want to try this out. But Id recommend Grandpa's Pine tar shampoo bar over this. Lush, please stop using sulfates and go more natural so i can enjoy your scents!

on 5/20/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this shampoo bar, as with most Lush shampoo bars. To be honest I bought it because I love the scent (I seem to be in the minority among my friends) because I LOVE the bonfire smell. This subtly smells like a bonfire when it's in your hair but when you sniff the bar itself it smells strongly of bacon because of the smoke. I don't really have a dandruff problem but I do tend to get some flakes sometimes, I noticed when using this I didn't have any. It seems pricy to just buy for the sake of the smell, and I do prefer other shampoo bars from Lush. But this stuff does smell fantastic, and if you are looking for a campfire type of scent then you're in luck.

on 5/19/2013 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this shampoo. I have scalp psoriasis and this product really helps. OK, it won't cure my condition but it sure makes it more bearable. My scalp feels clean and stops itching after using it and my hair feels lovely and soft. The shampoo bar smells awful, and looks like a pile of vomit, but trust me, once you get past the shabby exterior you'll discover a kind and loving shampoo that will treat your hair and scalp with respect. My hair does not smell at all after using this product. The first time I bought this product I thought it was pretty expensive but I was so fed up with my itchy, flaky head that I was prepared to give it a go. Then I discovered that it is in fact very good value for money. It lasts for ages! Even when it gets a bit wet and soggy (mine actually melted into a brown gelatinous goo !) it still works just the same, but you must store it in a covered plastic container or it will vanish down the drain! My last one lasted at least 6 months. That was $13 (Australian) well spent.

on 3/11/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It is so interesting to read the reviews and read what everyone says about the scent. Yes it smells like a strong campfire, yes the scent can be a little overwhelming as it lingers in my bathroom for most of the rest of the day. But when I am actually shampooing my hair with this bar I can barely smell the scent (weird I know). It does not make my hair smell like a campfire but I use conditioner after and I'm not sure that makes a difference.

I happen to love every Lush shampoo bar I have ever tried. For some reason the ingredients makes my hair very shiney, full of volume and curly but well behaved.

The shampoo bars last forever for me. It takes so little to get a full lather for my medium-short hair. I keep the shampoo bar in a place where it can dry out and it lasts for months. I will definitely buy again.