October 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - soak 'n' float shampoo bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo bar, as with most Lush shampoo bars. To be honest I bought it because I love the scent (I seem to be in the minority among my friends) because I LOVE the bonfire smell. This subtly smells like a bonfire when it's in your hair but when you sniff the bar itself it smells strongly of bacon because of the smoke. I don't really have a dandruff problem but I do tend to get some flakes sometimes, I noticed when using this I didn't have any. It seems pricy to just buy for the sake of the smell, and I do prefer other shampoo bars from Lush. But this stuff does smell fantastic, and if you are looking for a campfire type of scent then you're in luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Odette7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo. I have scalp psoriasis and this product really helps. OK, it won't cure my condition but it sure makes it more bearable. My scalp feels clean and stops itching after using it and my hair feels lovely and soft. The shampoo bar smells awful, and looks like a pile of vomit, but trust me, once you get past the shabby exterior you'll discover a kind and loving shampoo that will treat your hair and scalp with respect. My hair does not smell at all after using this product. The first time I bought this product I thought it was pretty expensive but I was so fed up with my itchy, flaky head that I was prepared to give it a go. Then I discovered that it is in fact very good value for money. It lasts for ages! Even when it gets a bit wet and soggy (mine actually melted into a brown gelatinous goo !) it still works just the same, but you must store it in a covered plastic container or it will vanish down the drain! My last one lasted at least 6 months. That was $13 (Australian) well spent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is so interesting to read the reviews and read what everyone says about the scent. Yes it smells like a strong campfire, yes the scent can be a little overwhelming as it lingers in my bathroom for most of the rest of the day. But when I am actually shampooing my hair with this bar I can barely smell the scent (weird I know). It does not make my hair smell like a campfire but I use conditioner after and I'm not sure that makes a difference.

I happen to love every Lush shampoo bar I have ever tried. For some reason the ingredients makes my hair very shiney, full of volume and curly but well behaved.

The shampoo bars last forever for me. It takes so little to get a full lather for my medium-short hair. I keep the shampoo bar in a place where it can dry out and it lasts for months. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cinderellafalls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I had never really had problems with my scalp until I started dying my hair bright red- now it seems the harsh chemicals have really affected my scalp and left it really dry and flakey around my hairline.

I purchased Soak N Float on a whim yesterday whilst in Lush, and love it! The SA was lovely and warned me on the smell, and recommended a triple strength conditioner to go with the bar, only to use on the ends of my hair.

The smell is strong- very strong- and will linger in your bathroom. That being said, after a few hours the smell wears out of your hair. I rubbed the shampoo bar directly onto my hairline and into my part, and then really got my fingers in there and scrubbed my scalp. When washing this out, my hair was so clean it squeaked!

This one is highly recommended- its only been hours since use but my scalp doesnt feel tight or like I shouldnt knock my hairline in case I stir up the flakies. Not one in sight!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first solid shampoo I've ever tried and I was really surprised at how much it lathered up! Directions on how to use it says you should swipe it 3 times over your hair (left, right, then under), which I was initially skeptical about, but when I did it, it created a load of bubbles and coated my several inches past shoulder-length hair. The soap has a strong, pungent smell when you sniff it while it's dry, but after rinsing your hair, it actually smells really pleasant so don't let the initial smell keep you from trying this soap.
I chose Soak n Float because my sensitive scalp turns red, itchy, and flaky immediately after I use certain shampoos (Pantene, Suave, L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Herbal Essences, Dove, V05, etc). It's like playing Russian roulette because I'm never sure which ingredient causes the negative reaction (even silicone free, SLS free shampoos sometimes irritate my scalp.... ) and it happens a few mins after I dry my hair, so I was quite happy that Soak n Float didn't cause this reaction and I really like how it smells on my damp hair. Also, to test whether this would dry-out my hair, I didn't use a conditioner. My hair was still easy to comb through while damp, and was very shiny once dry. When I woke up the next day, my hair still looked full, shiny and soft. I feel I need to mention that I have virgin hair (never been colored or chemically treated) and I haven't used silicone-based shampoos and conditioners in almost a year so nothing extra in it except this solid shampoo. I'm really happy with the results and can't wait to try the other shampoo bar I bought - Karma Komba. Will definitely be buying this shampoo bar again.
***EDIT 6th Jan 2013*** Have been using this shampoo bar for several days straight and still loving it. I've now bought several other shampoo bars from LUSH (New, Trichomania, Seanik, and Godiva) but have yet to try them because I love Soak n Float so much :D. I did use another liquid shampoo a few days ago (an all natural one that I'm trying to use up because I bought it first) but it caused my scalp to become itchy and flaky :( so I switched back to Soak n Float and the irritation went away after one use so I'll be sticking with this one for a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont have dandruff, I never had. I love lush shampoo because they are travel friendly. This was my first Lush purchase and I bought this solely because I loved the scent. It reminds me of home in Finland. The benefits that also come with it are that it is so moisturizing to my hair. I also bought Godiva later but I hated the sweetness of it and it dried my hair out. This makes my hair shiny manageable and smelling like I want it top smell. I hope they dont discontinue it, but I think they will because the fragrance is putting more people off. Too bad. HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I've had dandruff on and off since 5th grade. I am 23 years old now, and I've tried pretty much everything to try and get rid of it. I bought Soak N Float while my friend and I were wandering around Union Square in San Francisco and happened upon the LUSH shop there. I use this after using the Snake Oil treatment. It works wonderfully. My dandruff isn't completely gone (I've only used this three times), but there is a noticeable difference. It's worked a lot better than T/Gel, T/Sal, or any other anti-dandruff shampoo/treatment I've tried. The smell isn't too bad, I thought it smelled like incense the first time, but I recognized the woodsy, campfire smell after a bit. The scent goes away after a few hours of your hair drying. I was so impressed with this shampoo, I went ahead and bought the Karma Komba (?) shampoo to use on days that I don't want to use Soak N Float. I bought the Jungle conditioner as well, to test it out. If you've tried everything to try and treat your dandruff, Soak N Float (combined with Snake Oil) work well, so give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by britneyspearsfan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this a month ago as i was sick of using T-GEL which smells like crap.

I like the smell of this but it did nothing for my hair infact it made it worse. I read so many good reviews about this solid shampoo i expected my dandruff to go away after one use with all the rave reviews i had read.

I cut the shampoo in half as i had read this was the best way to use it and i would get 80 washes from it??? more like less than 8 from half a bar. I have very long which is way past my waist thick hair and i have used it around 6 times it is near enough gone i literally had to rub this in my hair and shampoo twice to get a good enough lather. It made my hair oily and roots like straw plus my dandruff also got worse.

I am now going to try Nizoral as i have heard good reviews about that.

I really wanted to love this product but it didn't work for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

to me, all the shampoo bars are the same but they are all good for me. they make my hair soft, strong and healthier overall and since using them, have treated my dry scalp.
would repurchase anytime but i don't use them exclusively because they are quite pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by HollywoodMuzic101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one purchase im NOT happy with. I love lush and have for a long time, but first of all, the scent! It smells like wax, and rubber, and smoke, it's disgusting! I didn't even want to give it to my sister to smell. Awful! The scent was enough to make me walk away the first time. The second time I came round because I had a very flaky scalp and it was often commented on and it started affecting my self esteem. So, in panic, I decided to give this a try. It dried out my hair chronically so much that it took 5 washes at least with my tousle me softly shampoo and conditioner from clairol to fix it, along with daily serums and moisturizers. It got mushy in the tin and all yuck, and it didn't even work, after using it for over 2 months, and then my hair was practically dead and I had to get 4 inches chopped off! This was a pretty expensive purchase however I am glad that there is no packaging and waste to this product. A very disappointing spit take from lush.