April 23, 2014 | 1717 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

really tacky feeling when I use this product! don't believe coconut butter is good for oily skin either! really didn't like this product at all!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by HoneymoonAvenue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of the smell of this but like the smells of the other scents

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by andinkd

The samples on the shelf smelled heavenly- just like what i would imagine if i was on a tropical island on a warm beautiful somewhat sexy night. Of course i instantly bought it- only to find out when i went home the smell in the tub was a bit different than the samples at the store, it had a more sweet strong smell that reminded me of nata de coco, it was so strong that it semi-masked the smell of coconut i sniffed in the store sample (which was absolutely yummy) luckily when i used it after a few minutes the strong sweet smell would change into a strong coconut smell like the smell of the store sample, and even though it was strong it wasn't overpowering- it was strongly complimenting. Still a little bit pissed by the fact that the tub i got smells different untill i use it (maybe it will go away along with time) but for moisture, this body butter does wonders, but just a reminder, it is a body butter- made for use on your body only (i think it would be too thick for the face & a bit too strong for the eye and lip area, especially considering the fact that when i tested it on my lips my lips burned (because of alcohol i think) but overall, a great buy;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by unofficialdear

Great body butter! Has a heavenly warm and rich scent, that isn't too powerful, but lasts long. I moisturized my legs last night, and I still smell it (when I sniff my legs sssh lol).

I only bought this one because they didn't have the 400 ml tub in Peach (which smell sooooo good), but I did not regret my purchase, which is on the pricey side, but the formula is so rich, you don't need much of it. This butter is gonna last me a long while. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by anniemcbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has to be my favourite moisturizer ever. The smell is heavenly and it absorbs really well. I use it in the morning and do not need to apply it again during the day. The claim of being a 24-hr moisturizer is definitely true!

I had a friend with bad eczema who had no luck with prescription moisturizers and medications so I suggested this product to her. Although she (and I) did not like the price, she said it worked wonders.

Of all the body butter scents offered by The Body Shop, I think this one is the best. It reminds me of summer all year long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I bought this as I was checking out at Ulta, you know they have all sorts of small little things near the checkout? Anyways, I usually like the small travel size tubs of body butter so I can keep in my purse and use. Not exactly sanitary but I use it anyway. I desperately needed a good hand cream and so I use this at work cause the soap in the bathroom is super drying. Anyways, I thought I liked the coconut smell, it does smell a tinge chemically, and I had my boyfriend smell it and he's said it smells like rancid s***. I smelled it again, and I don't know, it has the potential to I guess. He smelled it out of the tub. Anyways, the reason I give it 2 stars cause I noticed it causes acne! On my chin, lower jaw, near my lips. Since I use this on my hands and at work normally, I sit at my desk and I rest my chin and jaw on my hands. I was wondering why I was breaking out so much only in those areas, it's this body butter! Thankfully, I didn't use this on my chest or back cause then we would have major problems. Anyways, good way to know that your hand lotion might be causing your acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by madaisy

This body butter lasted so long, it's amazing how it hydrates my skin, for every season, and the smell is delicious and sensual! Everyone smells me and adore me ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by NellieX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the smell of this product, but it doesn't compare to other Body Butters (especially TBS Olive Body Butter). It has a nice, summery beach smell, but I find the butter does not absorb well. Even though it says it's for extra dry skin, I don't find it that moisturizing. I find myself having to put a lot of it on, and it's just wasteful. For now, I only use it on my feet (glop it on, put on some cotton socks, and watch some tv while it soaks in), but by the next day my feet are hard and dry again. It's too bad, but I will buy Body Butter in other scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love keeping this container of body butter right by my bedside. Every night before bed time i moisturized my hands and this scent is so rich and soothing that it actually calms me and puts me to sleep. The coconut is very rich and moisturizing, very good for dry feet as well (helped with calluses)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

Have repurchased this product over and over again. I keep it on my nightstand and apply to my hands, feet, and legs before bed. Always keeps my skin soft and in tip top shape, and the scent always brings me to the beach...