The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

on 10/5/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This works on my Keratosis Pilaris and it's almost gone after 6 months of using it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this sooo much! I would give 10 stars for overall if I could :) it is true that it works well for dry skin but because my oily acne prone skin is predominantly around my face and shoulders (where I dont use this product anyway!) it's fine for slightly oily skin as long as used in not too oily areas and in moderation, so don't feel that it's particulatly good for dry skin scare you off :) so beautiful and men can't get enough of it! ;)

on 8/18/2014 4:44:00 PM

I guess this is ONLY for people with super dry skin! Although I was using it while on accutane(isotretinoin), my skin felt greasy at least 30 min after application.Also to me it smells more like yoghurt than coconut. I wouldn't buy it again..

on 8/14/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My second favorite body butter ever. Super hydrating for 24 hrs and smells like coconuts. Not greasy or oily it's perfect.

on 7/13/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Been using this for about two weeks now and I'm a bit underwhelmed. I actually really like the fact it feels quite thick in texture and rich but I find the effect wears off quickly. When it's absorbed in to my skin, the smell doesn't last and it doesn't smell very natural - actually a bit like perfume. I haven't noticed a difference in the texture of my skin either. It is a nice product but I wouldn't recommend if trying to funded something to help combat dry or dehydrated skin. I feel like this is more of a cosmetic product because of the smell and the thick texture when applied. But it does make a nice gift.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is on sale for $12 at The Body Shop, but I (of course lol) got it when it was full price, $20. If you're a fan, I'd grab it while it's 40% off!

Coconut Body Butter is a good lotion/cream—sometimes. It's SO rich, it's almost annoying. It's just too creamy for me & I don't like that thickness on my skin all the time. Where I live, we have triple-digit summers & to no surprise, I can't stand it right now. It being so conditioning isn't a bad thing; it's just a personal preference. I know I sound silly, but it's overly-moisturizing & it feels heavy on me. It's kind of greasy & it just sits on my skin. I don't like the way it feels unless my skin is particularly dry & I need that extra ton of moisture. When I actually do need to wear this, it's perfect! During the wintertime, I'll probably wear this almost daily & like it a lot more than I do now.

Like it describes, it contains Community Fair Trade virgin organic coconut oil from Samoa & a tropical coconut smell.

NOTE: Coconut Body Butter is 100% vegetarian, never tested on animals, contains community fair trade ingredients, no sulfates, no phthalates, no GMOs, & no triclosan.

on 6/2/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've never been big on coconut scents, but something has prompted an "I want to smell like summer and sunscreen" fit in me. Enter the Coconut Body Butter. It's a scent that's definitely got gusto, without being sickening or overpowering. It's a sweet smell. At first whiff, it's definitely got a warm vanilla/brazil nut thing going on, which then shifts to fresh coconut. It's got a great texture, somewhere between the stiffness of the Aloe Body Butter and the rich (dare I say greasy?) texture of the Brazil Nut Body Butter. It absorbed into my skin with ease and made me feel nice and hydrated without feeling heavy (Hello...Brazil Nut). It's a noticeable smell when worn on the body, but like I said, not overpowering (and I'm sensitive to strong scents). It doesn't really smell anything like sunscreen, but it definitely screams summer. At $20 a tub, I only purchase Body Butters when they're on sale for $10.

By far my favorite TBS body butter, scent-wise and texture-wise. The scent is light and refreshing with a hint of sweetness. Not the usual strong artificial coconut scent that most are used to, but that why I like it because I don't have to worry about it clashing with my perfume. At first it was a bit hard, an almost balm-like texture, but after breaking past that first layer the texture is super rich and creamy. Very luxurious feeling. A little greasy but it sinks in quickly. Almost done with my travel-sized one and my full-sized one is one its way!

on 3/10/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

amazing stuff.
amazing scent.
summer in a tub.

i like this the best because it transfers you to a tropical beach lying on sunbed wearing bikini with pinacolada on one hand and margarita on the other and when you deeply inhale that heavenly coconut scent it's like you can feel the breeze of the ocean. i'm addicted to it that i also own the body mist.
it moisturizes my dry skin really well. i only need to use this twice a week, sometimes once. (noted, i live in tropical city).

i can't find one bad thing about this body butter except maybe the consistency is more like shea than mango, i wish it can be more like mango, sometimes it hardened when the weather is cold, not so easy to scoop out cause it will get under my nails.

on 3/3/2014 7:35:00 PM

This is amazing for those who have very dry skin! I don't and that's why I would not repurchase again, my skin is normal and doesn't need more than a body lotion (if I remember to use it). It takes a long while to absorb into my skin.
The smell is amazing!!! A bit pricey though.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products