The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

on 12/27/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really love this body butter a lot! I love anything from The Body Shop, to be honest, but I have to say that the coconut body butter truly is amazing and definitely a classic! It does as a body butter should do, moisturize and leave your skin soft and supple with a slightly buttery smooth feel to it. It is amazing! It especially works its magic when you take a shower and then smooth it into your skin before bed. Then, you will wake up to luscious, hydrated skin that is truly irresistibly soft! And the smell is wonderful! It's soft, creamy, sweet and simple and it is definitely a staple that all of us girls should have! I personally love it! The only thing is the price which is way too expensive for my taste, but it is worth the money when used sparingly. Amazing product! Please go try it!

Love, love, love this body butter. Generally I find body butters too heavy for me, but this stuff is the perfect consistency. I haven't had a dry patch on my body since the day I started using this, which was about 8 months ago. It smells absolutely deivine and without fail someone comments on how good I smell at least once a day. Just a beautiful product. Even for the high price point at $30 CDN, it's worth it. I use it every single day sometimes twice a day and one 400 mL tub lasts me about 2.5 to 3 months. I also love the packaging because I can use up every single ounce since it comes in a tub and I can see when I'm running low on product. Not greasy, nicely absorbant. Leaves a lovely creamy feeling on the skin. It should be noted (and this is important) that not every scent smells the same on every person who wears it. Scents work with your body chemistry or they don't. If you can smell yourself all day, that's usually a sign that the scent you're wearing isn't working for you. You SHOULD NOT be able to smell yourself, or at least not in a strong way. I love the smell of coconut and luckily it works for me, but not everyone feels the same way. The Body Shop has a variety of body butters and for the most part, the texture is the same, so if Coconut isn't your thing, try one of the other gorgeous scents.

on 12/13/2014 9:13:00 PM

This is one of my top body butters for the following reasons:
1) It smells like the tropical coconut sunblock scent that we all know and love ( well, I'm assuming most of us love)
2) It is EXTREMELY thick and moisturizing, the thickest TBS body butter out there, but not super greasy!
3) The moisture lasts for a long long time
4) The scent lasts a long time too, I put it on before I go to sleep and I smell it on my sheets the next day. ( I don't put it on during the day before I go out because it clashes with my Angel perfume but it is nice to smell it on my bed, this could be a deal breaker for some)

For me, this is a total repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I looooooove this body lotion! It smells so yummy and natural, no artificial perfumes! It's also soo moisturizing and smooth, it dries quickly and isn't greasy. My skin is left supple and smooth after. The container is a biodegradable plastic as well!

on 11/18/2014 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have dry skin and I love this body butter! It is very moisturizing and it leaves my skin so soft especially during the winter season. The coconut scent doesn't bother me at all, I find it very pleasant; I like to use it after I take a shower or a bath at night and when I do so, the smell transfers onto the clothes and it can be pretty persistent - I enjoy this, I find it very soothing at night.

About the consistency, well it is very thick but I find it appropiate as it is a butter and I actually enjoy melting it down with my palms, helps moisturize my hands at the same time.

I don't really have any negative points to mention about this product, it works really well for me.

on 10/5/2014 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my go to body butter for dry elbows and heels and avoid dry winter skin in general. This is also my "skin protectant" when I self tan. Just a dab on my knees, elbows and a good amount around my nails and toenails and hands and feet=awesome even self tan (TRY IT if you love self tan mousse products, it will make it so much more even). Absorbs quickly. Pleasant coconut scent. I always have a tub of this butter in the bathroom.

on 10/5/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This works on my Keratosis Pilaris and it's almost gone after 6 months of using it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this sooo much! I would give 10 stars for overall if I could :) it is true that it works well for dry skin but because my oily acne prone skin is predominantly around my face and shoulders (where I dont use this product anyway!) it's fine for slightly oily skin as long as used in not too oily areas and in moderation, so don't feel that it's particulatly good for dry skin scare you off :) so beautiful and men can't get enough of it! ;)

on 8/18/2014 4:44:00 PM

I guess this is ONLY for people with super dry skin! Although I was using it while on accutane(isotretinoin), my skin felt greasy at least 30 min after application.Also to me it smells more like yoghurt than coconut. I wouldn't buy it again..

on 8/14/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My second favorite body butter ever. Super hydrating for 24 hrs and smells like coconuts. Not greasy or oily it's perfect.

Popular Lotions / Creams