December 20, 2014 | 910 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

This is on sale for $12 at The Body Shop, but I (of course lol) got it when it was full price, $20. If you're a fan, I'd grab it while it's 40% off!

Coconut Body Butter is a good lotion/cream—sometimes. It's SO rich, it's almost annoying. It's just too creamy for me & I don't like that thickness on my skin all the time. Where I live, we have triple-digit summers & to no surprise, I can't stand it right now. It being so conditioning isn't a bad thing; it's just a personal preference. I know I sound silly, but it's overly-moisturizing & it feels heavy on me. It's kind of greasy & it just sits on my skin. I don't like the way it feels unless my skin is particularly dry & I need that extra ton of moisture. When I actually do need to wear this, it's perfect! During the wintertime, I'll probably wear this almost daily & like it a lot more than I do now.

Like it describes, it contains Community Fair Trade virgin organic coconut oil from Samoa & a tropical coconut smell.

NOTE: Coconut Body Butter is 100% vegetarian, never tested on animals, contains community fair trade ingredients, no sulfates, no phthalates, no GMOs, & no triclosan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've never been big on coconut scents, but something has prompted an "I want to smell like summer and sunscreen" fit in me. Enter the Coconut Body Butter. It's a scent that's definitely got gusto, without being sickening or overpowering. It's a sweet smell. At first whiff, it's definitely got a warm vanilla/brazil nut thing going on, which then shifts to fresh coconut. It's got a great texture, somewhere between the stiffness of the Aloe Body Butter and the rich (dare I say greasy?) texture of the Brazil Nut Body Butter. It absorbed into my skin with ease and made me feel nice and hydrated without feeling heavy (Hello...Brazil Nut). It's a noticeable smell when worn on the body, but like I said, not overpowering (and I'm sensitive to strong scents). It doesn't really smell anything like sunscreen, but it definitely screams summer. At $20 a tub, I only purchase Body Butters when they're on sale for $10.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by iHEARTthat650

By far my favorite TBS body butter, scent-wise and texture-wise. The scent is light and refreshing with a hint of sweetness. Not the usual strong artificial coconut scent that most are used to, but that why I like it because I don't have to worry about it clashing with my perfume. At first it was a bit hard, an almost balm-like texture, but after breaking past that first layer the texture is super rich and creamy. Very luxurious feeling. A little greasy but it sinks in quickly. Almost done with my travel-sized one and my full-sized one is one its way!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

amazing stuff.
amazing scent.
summer in a tub.

i like this the best because it transfers you to a tropical beach lying on sunbed wearing bikini with pinacolada on one hand and margarita on the other and when you deeply inhale that heavenly coconut scent it's like you can feel the breeze of the ocean. i'm addicted to it that i also own the body mist.
it moisturizes my dry skin really well. i only need to use this twice a week, sometimes once. (noted, i live in tropical city).

i can't find one bad thing about this body butter except maybe the consistency is more like shea than mango, i wish it can be more like mango, sometimes it hardened when the weather is cold, not so easy to scoop out cause it will get under my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Dilsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for those who have very dry skin! I don't and that's why I would not repurchase again, my skin is normal and doesn't need more than a body lotion (if I remember to use it). It takes a long while to absorb into my skin.
The smell is amazing!!! A bit pricey though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by hannahps

Wow, this stuff is super concentrated and super hydrating. It smells clean and fresh (and a little bit sweet) without being too strong or too artificial, and it does everything it's supposed to do. If you're looking for a good hydrating body butter, this one seems to work a bit better than the others from the body shop (not sure why, maybe a difference in formula?).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite body butters from TBS. Love this scent for summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the smell is amazing. it smells like real coconuts and i love wearing it in summer. its very creamy and mousturizing. deff one of my favourites :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by AbeerKhanF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this body butter IMO is the richest n thickest in consistency than any other body butters of the body shop..n the runner up in such consistency is i guess is the mango one..functionally its a best friend in winter ive noticed that it smoothes out the wrinkly appearance of my hands in the cold season n also softens my skin..it takes a little time to sink in though..already bought it for the second time. not a fan of its scent though maybe cuz im not fond of coconuts or mayb ive used this product more than often.. its too sweet for my taste. the smell isnt bother some but the product is good. the best time to use it is just out of the shower n let it sink. this gives better results n dont use it over other moisturizers bcuz then it gets all gooey so even when trying out the tester in the shop make sure u dont have ne thing prior on ur hands or else u wont gather a genuine opinion about it

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. Smoothed my extremely dry skin on body instantly! Smells nice as well. If its hot outside, I would not recommend applying this product. For some reason when it is hot and humid, this butter has a hard time absorbing into your skin. However, I recommend this for the winter season. I buy the small travel sizes which cost $5 at Ulta. The large containers are priced around $30 which I wouldn't spend. The travel sizes last awhile. The consistency is so creamy and smooth, you would really think this was butter! Like I said, try in winter months.