The Body Shop Fragrance-Free Elderflower Eye Gel

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dark: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Hybrid Safflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol. Light: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol. Medium: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol.

on 1/26/2013 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I think this makes an okay super light day moisturiser for under the eyes, though I wouldn't repurchase it. Definitely not for you if you need lots of moisture and I have to use a thicker eye cream for night time in conjunction with this.

on 6/25/2012 5:48:00 AM

I do like this gel,
I like the way it feels so I apply it in the morning and before going to bed.
It does make my eye area seem better for applying make up
I also applied it to my cheeks once and they felt so tight so it must do wonders for the under eye
:) it's a nice lil thing to have in my bathroom

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using it for couple of months. I can't notice any change on my fine lines, dark circles, nothing.

on 3/8/2012 7:08:00 PM

6.50 for 15ml. Pretty expensive considering this eye-gel doesn't really do anything.

I got this as part of a gift set.

It does say its a 'cooling eye gel' it doesn't say it will help with dark circle or puffy eyes etc. Still for that price you'd expect it do SOMETHING, even if it's just adding a bit of moisture. But no, not even that. It's a clear-gel that leaves a sticky but dry feeling upon your skin. It 'cools' down your skin upon contact but the cooling effect doesn't last. To be honest, anything you keep in the fridge is going to give you same sort of effect.

It comes in a little pot, not the most hygienic packaging. It does contain parabens and substances like Imidazolidinyl Urea. I used it a few times but after I read the ingrediants I just threw it in the bin. There are SO many other eye products out there that actually do something for your skin and don't contain such rubbish ingredients.

Don't waste your money with this one!

on 2/15/2012 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have been searching desperately for a product to reduce my under-eye circles. I went into the body shop intending to purchase the Wise Woman Eye Cream, and the shop assistant recommended this Elderflower eye gel for my dark circles. I've been using it every morning and night for about 2 weeks now, and I keep it in the fridge as instructed. I have not noticed any difference at all to my under-eye circles. I find the mixture a little sticky, but it certainly does feel refreshing for a few minutes. I will not buy this product again because it's a bit useless, still on the hunt for a good eye cream!

on 12/3/2011 1:01:00 AM

First off, the reason I wouldn't purchase this product again isn't because it's a bad product, I simply feel it is something I do not need.

The gel itself is very calming and refreshing, and when I apply it at the end of the night it does feel very comfortable, however I have feel that dabbing on some of my other eye cream and patting it in with warm hands feels quite nice also, so I often overlooked actually using this gel because it is not at all moisturizing enough to be used alone. As a result, it took me quite a while to finish the small container of it simply because I almost always forgot to take the opportunity to use it. Thankfully it was pretty cheap and I kept it in the fridge to keep it cool. My eyelids also felt a little sticky after applying this, but I guess like some eye creams this is meant only for the under-eye area.

on 7/22/2011 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this product. However - one thing to note, other reviewers here have said it doesn't moisturize their eye area. This is not the intent of the product. It's best used in combination with a moisturizer as a sealant.

I have always had problems with dark circles, bags and puffiness, so have tried many products from expensive to less so. I tried this product grudgingly when the Body Shop discontinued the cream I'd always used. I am so glad I did!

While it doesn't do anything for dark circles, it does reduce puffiness and bags - which actually makes the dark circles less obvious. As another reviewer has mentioned, I use it at night over a moisturizer to seal that product in. I do notice a difference in the morning. I keep it in the fridge and then reapply first thing in the morning before applying make up. I will use this product for as long as the Body Shop sells it.

on 5/29/2011 9:46:00 PM

the packaging is lovely. the name is attractive. the whole idea is really great which is why i bought it in the first place.

however...it is one USELESS eye cream. it doesn't really do anything at all. doesn't help with puffiness, nor fine lines, nor dark circles. even as a "feel good" cream, the light sensation doesn't last longer than 30 sec. and you just put something under your eyes that contains all sorts of chemicals but does NOTHING for you... although i do admit it is a lovely lovely looking product...i kind of regret buying this and would not recommend it to anyone.

on 3/13/2011 12:47:00 AM

I haven't found an eye treatment that work for me, so maybe it's not this product's fault.
Pros:
-- It's relatively cheap.
-- It feels refreshing when you apply it on.
Cons:
-- It feels like glue after a few minutes and actually dries out the skin around my eyes. Then again, I give this to my mom and she says it feels very refreshing and moisturizing for me.
-- It irritates my eyes a bit.
-- It doesn't help puffiness.
-- Somewhere people have been spreading a rumor that this is the late Princess Diana's favorite eye cream. I mean, what the heck?

on 3/7/2011 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I started using it when I was 16. This is a pretty good eye gel for starters as it is very light. It doesn't really have a strong smell so it never irritate my eyes. I use it mainly for prevention as it does a rather good job with puffiness. The moisture it provides is also not bad. I have not notice any difference in my ever increasing dark circles though. I plan to switch to a richer eye cream that treats dark circle and fine lines specifically as I find this to be too light for me now. I do think it will be a very good moisturize to apply on top of other richer eye creams as it seals moisture pretty well.