St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 6/12/2015 8:41:00 AM

This is a good scrub for your body, not so much for your face. According to my dermatologist, the walnut particles in this scrub are too large and jagged, thus causing microtears in your skin when you use this as an exfoliator. Plus, this product contains ingredients that the ewg recommends that you avoid such as triethanolamine. The price may be good, but the product is not.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this product! Used it every few days, helped keep my acne down!

on 6/4/2015 12:51:00 PM

I think it's a great product. I love the apricot kernels which allow me to exfoliate any dead skin cells away so my face feels soft and allows any skin products I use afterwards to work properly. It's an old and reliable product plus it smells fresh too.

on 6/2/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this scrub is already kind of cheap to begin with, but the store brand apricot scrubs are even cheaper and work just as well. my skin, in particular my blackheads, look noticeably better after a single use of this scrub. it doesn't completely erase every single blackhead, but it does remove a lot of them and makes the remaining ones a lot smaller and less noticeable. the scrub doesn't feel harsh unless you use it too often. i generally just use it as needed, i.e. whenever i have a lot of blackheads.

on 6/1/2015 8:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There are many better scrubs than this one out there. The apricot kernels in this scrub are quite harsh on the skin, although they do make the skin softer. This scrub does nothing more for your skin though. I wouldn't use it or buy it again.

on 5/18/2015 9:27:00 AM

DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU WANT GORGEOUS SKIN! Your skin doesn't need harsh grains of apricot kernel scratching away at it!! Get a good cleansing routine and do some soft exfoliation either with your wet flannel while removing cleanser, or a gentle liquid exfoliant.

I've used this product fairly regularly for around 10 years. I think it's a fantastic product, IF used with a very light touch, and only once or twice a week. When I first tried it I used it daily and really scrubbed it in, and it dried out and irritated my skin - no surprise. Now I only use it around twice a week, and use it all over, not just on my face. I think the key is to 'skim' the surface in light little circles, and barely apply any pressure. The particles ARE jagged. I completely avoid the eye area.

As a body exfoliator, it's fantastic, and it's cheap enough that I can happily be generous with it. As a facial exfoliator, I haven't found anything better YET, but I've only tried Lush or chemist/supermarket brands, not anything high end.

on 4/28/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've only just started getting into using a regular scrub, but out of the few I've tried this is by far the best!

When I first tried this product I first cleansed my face with Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (normally I'd use my Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser, but I just couldn't be bothered that night!). I lightly wet my face and then squeezed out about a 10 cent piece worth of product. I rubbed the scrub between my fingertips for a few seconds before massaging the product into my skin, starting in the centre of my face and moving outwards. I concentrated on my nose and forehead, where I had the most blackheads, dry skin etc. I then rinsed my face with water before applying my Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion.

In my experience most drugstore priced scrubs from brands such as Clearasil, Clean & Clear, Garnier etc, fail to really deep clean my pores and completely remove any dry/flaky skin. This scrub was incredibly thorough without being too harsh on my moderately sensitive skin. My face felt instantly smooth and my pores clean and fresh.

Another plus for this product is the smell! It makes me feel completely refreshed and pampered :) The price (which for me was AUD$9) was great for the quality and amount of product, and the packaging was as good as any scrub I've tried.

As of right now I'd definitely re-purchase this scrub, although I've been experimenting with other products so that might change. If nothing else I definitely recommend this scrub for anyone looking for a drugstore-priced product that's actually effective in deep-cleaning and smoothing skin :)

UPDATE: I should say that the 4 lipstick rating was purely because although it's the best that I've tried (and I've tried around 4 other similar products), I am fairly new to using a daily/regular scrub and there's always room for improvement :) I tend to save my 5 lipsticks for holy grail products :D

on 4/24/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate sensitive skin, so this was a bit harsh, but the smell is good and mild, and my face looked great afterwards :)

on 4/24/2015 10:19:00 AM

I love this scrub! If you have sensitive skin, you probably want to try the green tea scrub by st. ives because THIS IS INTENSE. but i love it. it makes my skin feel so soft and helps clear up my skin. love love love it. holy grail exfoliater.