September 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by paisleypunk

Honestly, nothing this abrasive should be going on anyone's face. Ever. It feels like sandpaper because it pretty much is - it leaves microtears in the skin. There are far gentler ways to exfoliate... like a clean washcloth, or even salicylic acid.

Gets a point for smelling nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by piggygirl6487

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product thinking I would use it as a weekly scrub for my face but it turned out to feel like sandpaper being scraped across my face

Pros: it's great for exfoliating your legs before shaving
I mix a very small amount with my facial cleanser so I can use it on my face
It has a light apricot scent

Cons: didn't do much for my skin (no changes in acne or oilyness)
Too rough for my face
Didn't get the super clean feeling on my face after using it

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by witchswamp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this to use as my weekly exfoliator and I really wanted it to work out, but this was a total disaster. I started off by using this two times a week on my skin, but it completely broke me out. I went back to my regular cleansing routine and the damage was gone in a week. This may work out for someone with tougher skin, but it's way too rough and abrasive for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by willh0pkins

Ive been using this every day for about 5 years, and it keeps me acne free and smooth. Amazing product

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Samm12

I really like this product! it makes my face super soft, doesn't break me out, and removes all the dead skin. Definitely a favorite and I will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by BeeMyFrond

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried 5 St. Ives face scrubs & I'll review them all here.

**Original apricot scrub: 4/5. It's a bit too scratchy for my face, delicious scent, rinses clean & leaves skin feeling smooth/soft.
**Blemish control apricot scrub: 3/5. Again, it's a bit too rough/scratchy, leaves a slightly 'tacky/sticky' residue on my skin, smells nice like the original.
**Sensitive apricot scrub: 5/5. This scrub is perfect, it has smaller exfoliating granules, foams up so it washes the skin & scrubs too & smells delicious like the original.
**Green tea scrub: 1/5. Perfect size exfoliating bits(small & gentle), however, this scrub makes my face beat red & hot, it also smells rank & herbal which I did not enjoy.
**Pink lemon brightening scrub: 5/5. Gentle exfoliating bits, lathers while exfoliating, smells like Trident strawberry-lime gum, rinses clean. (This scrub has gentler exfoliating bits in it than the ''sensitive apricot scrub'' which makes it more suitable for daily use IMO.)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is amazing. and the smell is fantastic. i love me some st ives. they nailed it right on the head

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by apeacherryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have pretty oily skin and while experts say not to exfoliate every day (I know, I know) I use this about four times a week. I haven't experienced skin damage (been using since middle school!), and since my acne days are mostly over, this is an excellent preventative treatment. Super cleansing and smells great. My routine usually consists of this in the shower and when I'm out, a gentle foaming wash + moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by MarciLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never had acne growing up, only the occasional pimple around that time of the month. I went through two years of college with clear skin but then last year around finals time, I wasn't taking care of my skin. I would wake up, splash some water on my face without doing my usual face ritual and sometimes slap makeup on my face. I had long days of drinking soda to keep me awake to study for exams, working long hours, eating at ungodly hours of the night, and then had the nerve to go to bed without washing my face :/ (poor skin). Soda is death for my skin and usually if I drink it I can break out within hours (former Coca-Cola addict) but I can drink a bottle of water to clear it up. But what I did to my skin was TRAGIC!! My skin was horrible, I had milia bumps all over my face as well as active pimples and they wouldn't go away. For the first time in my life I was embarrassed to go outside without makeup and then trying to cover it up only made it worse. So I bought the St. Ives apricot scrub and started to use it and I didn't see anything happening. So I went online and looked at how people got rid of their acne without having to get prescriptions and such. I read about how dermatologists give prescriptions with Retinol (Vitamin A) and how it's good to clear up acne. I looked up over the counter Retinol products that weren't expensive and I came down to two. 1) ROC retinol correxion deep wrinkle serum with retinol. It worked but very slowly. It's a wrinkle cream so there are a lot of other ingredients in it. I used it for about 1 month but it was really slow in recovering my skin. So I tried the Nuance Salma Hayek overnight time-release retinol capsules and let me tell you, I've found the truth! it's a bit pricey for jar but it definitely works. All reviews on this product have been positive and I will be the next person to vouch for it. In just two uses, my skin has cleared up so much. So let me just tell you how I cleanse my skin and what I did to clear it up.
1) If I have an oily face or some left over makeup I use Olay foaming face wash
2) I use the St.Ives apricot scrub to get rid of those blackheads and just give my face a good scrub
3) pat dry my face and then use a cotton ball and some Witch Hazel to tone my skin.
4) I use the Nuance Salma Hayek overnight time-release retinol capsules at night and go to sleep.
5) In the morning I use my scrub, Witch Hazel, and my Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel for everyday use.

Just a few suggestions:

Water is definitely my best friend now. Before, I could drink a two liter Coke by myself in a half hour. (I know -__- it was that bad) Try to replace your sugary drinks (even cranberry juice can break you out) with fruit infused water (cucumber and lemon are my favorite) or green tea and peppermint tea.

Staying consistent with your routine is your best bet. I've used witch hazel before I had acne and it just kept my skin from breaking out so I knew I could trust it to help out my skin. Give your routine at least one month before moving onto different products.

I can't stress enough to stop touching your face. I know sometimes we forget and we may have a little itch, but just try to prevent yourself from slathering oils and dirt from your finger tips all over your face.

Don't pop or pick at your pimples!!! They just leave dark marks (acne scars) but the Nuance is helping to clear that up.

Everyone has different skin, so what may work for me may not work for you, but I hope this helps someone.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions about what you do, feel free to respond.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by BrittyBratty0

silly me thought it was okay to use this morning AND night.. every night and i ended up damaging my skin really bad. this is fine when your skin needs a quick exfoliation but nothing more than once a week. my problem with this product is my fault but it's just so harsh imo