St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

Felt ok until I wash it off. It leaves a greasy feeling on my face!!

on 3/3/2015 1:23:00 AM

Wanted to like this but it's too harsh for my skin. I also find it hard to wash off and hate finding crusty lumps of it stuck in the sink or shower.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

used to love this product. Now it doesn't work for me anymore, instead it dries out my skin and cause my break outs

on 2/18/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a very average scrub. I think the good qualities and bad qualities balance out each other, so I gave it a 3 star rating. I have very dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions so scrubs are very useful to me for getting rid of flakes and dry patches. The problem with this is that it is a very harsh, abrasive scrub and it kind of hurts when you use it. I think it is painful because I have very sensitive skin, but there is no denying that it is very harsh. It does an average job of exfoliating, though. I don't find my skin texture is significantly improved, but it is a little so I think that warrants three stars. I wouldn't buy it again because I have found better scrubs, both in the drugstore and high end.

on 2/15/2015 10:21:00 PM

My favourite scrub. I used it for a long time as a late teenager but stopped buying it to try out other facial scrubs. I saw it on special for nearly half price on a sale recently and picked it up. I forgot how amazing it makes me skin feel. I love the big, rough apricot seed beads as I feel it gives a thorough deep clean, past the top dead skin layers and deep into the pores. Other scrubs do not feel as deep cleaning as this has for me. I used it every second or third day.

on 2/9/2015 10:03:00 PM

This has been a staple in my household since I was 13 years old going in to high school. I do not use this product daily but you will always find it in my bathroom cupboard and I use it a couple times a week. For under 5$ you can't really go wrong. My face feels fresh and clean after use. Wouldn't recommend using this everyday, it would most definitely dry out your skin which would cause problems. Love St.Ives it is my favourite low price point brand that I will continue to use probably forever.

on 2/3/2015 4:17:00 AM

I bought this cult favourite when my skin was looking congested thanks to use of a Clearasil Cleanser. This cleared my pores and made my skin look bright and awake. I would not recommend this as a daily scrub, but one that should be used three times a week. I found this scrub particularly useful on hot, sweaty days or on days when I wore a lot of makeup. I would recommend this to those with combination or oily skin. It really is worth the hype.

on 2/2/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Dun dun dun...the controversial St. Ives Apricot scrub! Loved by some, abhorred by others. I personally am on the side that enjoys this cheap cult classic..and I'm an esthetician in training! I have oily combo skin that is prone to occasional breakouts. I also have quite a few blackheads in my nose and chin. I find that my skin is always super soft, clearer, and glowing when I use this once or twice a week and it makes my extractions a bit easier. I will say that NOBODY should EVER use this daily. It's wayyy too harsh on the skin for daily use..it will cause your skin to be stripped and then it will overproduce oil to compensate. I am still on the fence about the whole debate with the kernel sizes being uneven and causing tears in the skin...it's scary but I haven't had any issues so I will continue to use this sparingly as long as I keep having good results.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this scrub. It is a staple in my house, even though I do not find it to be amazing by any means. The price is certainly right.

The fragrance is nice, and the formula does not break out my skin. Sometimes I switch this one up with the apricot scrub meant for blemish control if I am experiencing a break out.

The only main drawback of this scrub is that it doesn't do a good job of exfoliating my dry skin in winter. I feel like the amount of scrubby particles in the product is lacking - the product is mostly "lotion". I apply this to my skin in small circular motions, but most of my skin isn't touched by the exfoliating particles, only certain portions of my face are, because there are so few of them in it. Therefore, in the winter, my skin remains flaky if it is dry.

I do like to use this when my skin isn't so dry, and it is perfect for a mild exfoliator.

The exfoliating particles themselves are not too scratchy, so compared to other exfoliators, I find this one to be gentle and I don't think it is doing any harm to my skin.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I used to use this scrub like crazy (nostalgia reasons, I guess) and I don't think it damaged my skin but it dried it out a lot. There are better scrubs out there.