October 26, 2014 | 1171 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My 55 year old skin likes that scrub. It exfoliates with vigor and leaves my face fresh and clean. Always revert to this scrub.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by neonsparks101

I don't like this product. It is too rough and I get acne right after I use it. Don't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scrub has been in my skin products stash for years. I used it regularly as a teen, but have since stopped using it only because I started trying new products. This scrub always kept my skin smooth. I really feel like it brightens up my complexion. I recently came across an old tub I had laying around and used it again and viola my skin felt nice and smooth again. It does a great job washing away oiliness and flakey skin without drying out skin. I make sure to use it GENTLY, never scrubbing hard, and I've had no problems with this causing any irritation. I do avoid using it on active pimples/whiteheads. During winter months I use this scrub on my elbows and feet - feels good to scrub away the dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Scatchy and mechanical as all-heck - not a holy grail but OK for feet and body. Not for sensitive faces - that's for sure. Way too harsh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Feels really nice and I wanted to like it... But it breaks out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by leahhdawnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so surprised to read all of the negative reviews! I have used this face scrub nearly every day for the past five or six years and my skin has never been clearer! It leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and I've found that it helps to balance my skin as well (prior to using it I had very patchy oily/dry skin). I've tried countless other face cleansers and none of them come close to St. Ives! I would definitely recommend this product (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. I have used it on andoff since iI was 14. It ALWAYS clears up my skin I have noticed. Every.time. I love the scent as well. It may seem a bit rough at first and its weird..but your face will get use to it. I love the blemish control version very much! I feel like this is the best version for someone acne prone like myself. There are 4 versions: blemish control, fresh skin, original, and the sensitive skin version.I have never used the sensitive skin version and the fresh skin version seems..not gritty and exfoliating enough for me. It also seems like it leaves behind a filmy-ness on my face and i don't like that. I only use the original and blemish control st.Ives apricot scrubs and they work EXTREMELY WELL considering their cost. I use it everyday. I would head on over to Wally's(walmart) and scoop some up :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by merinasx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone, oily skin and I have tried so many different face washes but this is the best I've used so far. For one, it smells AMAZING. I literally want to eat it when I put it on sometimes. LOL. It's definetly very gritty but if you put it on gently, you're fine. I put it on before I wash my body and my hair and let it sit and then rinse it off last. Your skin definetly feels much cleaner because it cleanses so deeply. In the morning, everywhere I've broken out has reduced and dried up. I wouldn't recommend using it everyday because for some people it could dry out your skin too much and do some damage. But if you use it every other day, you'll have some good results. Even if you don't have acne, I feel like this is a really good, deep exfoliating face wash. It just cleans your skin so well. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Katzie105

Honestly, not everyone's face is going to be able to handle this exfoliator. For me personally, it's a godsend. If you have thin, sensitive skin, this is probably not for you and you should look for something gentler.

For reference I have combination/leaning more toward oily skin. I have overactive sebum production, thick resiliant skin, acne prone, large pores, and skin that does NOT slough properly. I've been told to "just splash water on your face" or "use a soft cloth and don't scrub" by a few people. If I go that route, my skin gets super clogged, dead skin accumulates leaving a dull complexion, and I'll get tons of breakouts/blackheads/sebum clogs/cysts. It's just not a pretty sight.

I use St. Ives scrub every. single. morning. It does not feel like I'm exfoliating with glass, or sandpaper. It feels amazing. When I rinse it off my skin is baby butt smooth. It keeps all my acne at bay, it helps existing acne clear up much quicker too.

I always forget how amazing this scrub is because my skin will clear up because of it, and I'll STOP using it, which I need to remember to stop doing. My skin breaks out again and I'll be so confused why, and then I'll remember that my skin sucks and doesn't slough like everyone elses.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, yeah. Excellent stuff. If you like exfoliating with what feels like glass shards.