April 18, 2014 | 1856 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BeautyGeniusJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scrub is so bad for your face i used it for about two weeks the thing i liked about it is that when you use it your skin feels like tingly which made me feel like the product was working.

Although! a few days later my skin started breaking out worse than i started! I was so upset so i kept using it thinking well maybe its because my skin needs to get used to it but after a while and nothing changed as consulted a dermatologist and they informed me that the scrubbbies in the scrub were very harsh and were actually creating little microscopic cuts in my skin which in turn would soak up dirt and oil throughout the day and get infected and cause even more break outs. DONT USE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Claraa2000

Best scrub I have ever used! I have extremely sensitive, dry skin and this is great for buffing off the dead skin, instant results from the first use! I use this every time I shower and I come out smelling great and my face is always so soft and flake free! I can always apply my makeup smoothly afterwards! Just great:) I would recommend this to everyone! Of all skin types:D

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by FallenWish

I tried this awhile ago at the urging of a friend and I discovered I did not like this product. It aggravated my skin and acne, and I felt like I was somehow spreading my acne gunk all over my face. It's a shame because I loved the smell a lot. I know it works well for some people, but not me. A word of caution though. Apparently exfoliating with apricot shells is like rubbing gravel on your face, and I was reading about how microbeads (which are gentler to the skin, which I'd prefer to use) are bad for the environment. So both of those things stink a lot. But apparently at home products like oatmeal, rice, or sugar make for a friendlier alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

The concept is great. But there is a huge problem. It has those bits of apricot seed that actually cause microscopic cuts in your skin and it shouldn't be used which isn't good for your skin at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SpiffieCow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I have an olay face brush that i use, but with this scrub I don't need to use it to get the soft skin I get from the brush. I wouldn't use this scrub every day though. Maybe twice a week. It can irritate my sensitive skin and make it a little red in some areas. But it scrubs off all the dead skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by zezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

definitely holy grail product! i love this scrub so much! it makes my skin very soft and clears it up and makes it feel very exfoliated. i do have dry/sensitive skin so i don't use it every day but i use it twice a week and it does the job well! couldn't say enough good things about this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I like this product, not sure if I love it. I've been using it for about 3 weeks because I wanted an exfoliate cleanser to fit into my acne routine. I don't think it has helped my acne. It smells nice and the price was inexpensive. I hope that it does help, It does feel like it cleans my face it makes it soft. I would def recommend it and will def be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by hsiaoty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love this face scrub due to the feeling of the large microbeads. I recently repurchased this scrub and after using it, found that it really irritated my skin and actually felt like I was scrubbing sand onto my face. While using the product, I actually also experienced more breakouts than usual.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this classic scrub and keep repurchasing because the formula and quality remained the same. I always feel thought that I get breakouts the day after using it, probably because it exfoliates the skin and allows dirt (breakouts) to surface. So now I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash directly after using it which very well prevents any breakouts or treats them before they even develop. If these two products are used in conjunction with each other once a week, the result would be great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this stuff for YEARS. I keep a tube of it just for in the shower! It doesnt take off makeup however so I do that before I get in the shower but this scrub really takes off the dead skin and polish your face so well. I always stray and try other things but this stuff is HG and I always come back to it. Especially great to use with an exfoilating cloth :) I just dont reccommend daily use because it can get harsh! I shower every other day or two which is perfect. I also dont like the fragrance in it, I prefer to have my products be fragrance free but it doesnt stop me from using it... just a personal preference thing.

Pros
-exfoliates awesome
-takes away dead skin
-clears pores
-polishes skin

Cons
-fragrance is strong (with they would make a fragrance free version)
-bit too harsh for daily use