November 26, 2014 | 1789 users online

Shampoo - Aussie - Moist Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by SarahAnnW

Didn't live up to it's name at all!

Aside from making my hair smell amazing, this shampoo didn't do anything, least of all moisturise my hair. Somehow it's managed to dry out the ends, and make the roots greasy.

Doubly annoying as their Take the Heat conditioner is the exact opposite, and is currently my go to conditioner! I just don't know how they got it wrong with their shampoo. Also quite expensive compared to other shampoos which have performed better on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair: I'm East Indian, have naturally black, straight hair that's made up of thick strands but not so many of them. "Thin" hair down to my waist. Oilier roots and drier ends.

I'm loving this. I got this in a 13-something fl. oz. bottle along with the conditioner for 2 for $5. I love that it provides the moisture I need without weighing down my hair or irritating my scalp. It doesn't give me a whole lot of body (I wasn't expecting it to) but my hair feels nourished for once. I have soft, manageable, fluffy hair that shines now. After being disappointed by co-washing--my hair got dull and didn't feel clean enough, plus my scalp got really itchy and irritated no matter how hard I tried to rinse--I was pleased to return to some sulfates (yes, yes...I know) to get that thoroughly clean feel.

I guess this just works for me so I'm hoping I found "the one", because believe me, I've tried millions of shampoos from expensive salon brands to cheaper drugstore brands. Nothing gave me quite a good feeling as this one in a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A very basic shampoo. Works ok for my thin long hair. Doesn't weigh it down or make greasy. No much volume or bounce observed. Doesn't dry out either scalp or hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by EbayBeautyQueen

*WoC, 4a/4b, transitioning to natural, 3 inches of spiral newgrowth.*
This bad dude surprised me. I know all about low/no sulfates, parabens, cones, etc. I've been there, done the research, bought the Tshirt, and returned it. After years of hair research and trying to do the 'right' things, I am here. I got tired of ordering online. Got tired of my hair feeling dirty, and tangled after shampooing. Got tired of having no shine and luster. And gosh darnit, I just want to be able to walk in Walmart with my coupons and buy my hair's products and go on about my day. Not wait for an Amazon order for 5-10 days. I, in no way, intend to ever spend a 4th of my rent on hair products per month anymore. I'm over that. Now, on to the review...
First of all, the thickness of it reminds me of a conditioner. It's thick and goes on like a conditioner. However, upon adding it, it immediately lathers. Before I shampooed, I added virgin coconut oil to my strands, let it sit for about 5 mins, to prepare for the overstripping, since I just KNEW it would strip my hair. When it lushly lathered, I will admit, I panicked. But when I rinsed out my hair felt good; soft, moisturized, not too stripped (one side was more stripped than the other, but I contribute that to leaving on shampoo too long), and not tangled. I would have preferred if I had absolutely no tangles, however with my hair type, there will never be a product that does such LOL. And I'm okay with that.
Left my hair smelling like a coconut-sorbet and the matching conditioner and treatment did it's job well with it (review coming up). All in all, this shampoo is good. I know some WoC will read the reviews and think this is "a white girl shampoo," but in all seriousness, it did exactly what I wanted it to do. It cleansed my hair, left it smelling good, soft, and made my coils feel great. Will continue to use between cowashes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by teammomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was terrible. It dried out my scalp and my hair-my hair looks damaged now. I have straight very thick hair and am still trying to find the perfect shampoo. Packaging is good though-the pump is convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. Let's start right at the store, dirt cheap. I buy a 100 wash bottle for around $5. Packaging, I suppose it depends on the bottle you get. If you get the big bottle, it's got a convenient pump, so I REALLY like that, and the most you should need is one pump (I have long thick hair, and I can get away with less). It cleans, like, ya know, it's supposed to, and leaves a fantastic scent behind. I put I would buy it again, and I would, if I weren't transitioning to natural products. I've got some experimenting to do, so should they fail, I'll come back to old faithful here. If you're rolling your eyes at me going natural, then I'd really recommend this product to you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I like this shampoo alright. It makes my hair feel very soft and mostly manageable. However, the smell is very overpowering. I enjoy shampoos that smell good, but this one is too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Wheatgrass

Loved it at first, I actually thought this would be my HG Shampoo, but after two months it made my hair more of frizzy dry mess. Way too much sulfates and silicones (most OTC hair products) but Aussie has A LOT of them in their ingredient list.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by stapletonc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Always come back to this. Cleans my hair with very little of the product, no residue, always soft! And so cheap. If you're on a budget, you won't be getting anything lesser out of this

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kellybaybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using this on my thick long wavvy dry hair, I just though "Wow!" It made my hair soft and managable and felt weightless on my hair. No more messing around with a bale of hay on top of my hair!