July 31, 2014 | 1499 users online

Shampoo - Aussie - Moist Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A very basic shampoo. Works ok for my thin long hair. Doesn't weigh it down or make greasy. No much volume or bounce observed. Doesn't dry out either scalp or hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by EbayBeautyQueen

*WoC, 4a/4b, transitioning to natural, 3 inches of spiral newgrowth.*
This bad dude surprised me. I know all about low/no sulfates, parabens, cones, etc. I've been there, done the research, bought the Tshirt, and returned it. After years of hair research and trying to do the 'right' things, I am here. I got tired of ordering online. Got tired of my hair feeling dirty, and tangled after shampooing. Got tired of having no shine and luster. And gosh darnit, I just want to be able to walk in Walmart with my coupons and buy my hair's products and go on about my day. Not wait for an Amazon order for 5-10 days. I, in no way, intend to ever spend a 4th of my rent on hair products per month anymore. I'm over that. Now, on to the review...
First of all, the thickness of it reminds me of a conditioner. It's thick and goes on like a conditioner. However, upon adding it, it immediately lathers. Before I shampooed, I added virgin coconut oil to my strands, let it sit for about 5 mins, to prepare for the overstripping, since I just KNEW it would strip my hair. When it lushly lathered, I will admit, I panicked. But when I rinsed out my hair felt good; soft, moisturized, not too stripped (one side was more stripped than the other, but I contribute that to leaving on shampoo too long), and not tangled. I would have preferred if I had absolutely no tangles, however with my hair type, there will never be a product that does such LOL. And I'm okay with that.
Left my hair smelling like a coconut-sorbet and the matching conditioner and treatment did it's job well with it (review coming up). All in all, this shampoo is good. I know some WoC will read the reviews and think this is "a white girl shampoo," but in all seriousness, it did exactly what I wanted it to do. It cleansed my hair, left it smelling good, soft, and made my coils feel great. Will continue to use between cowashes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by teammomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was terrible. It dried out my scalp and my hair-my hair looks damaged now. I have straight very thick hair and am still trying to find the perfect shampoo. Packaging is good though-the pump is convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. Let's start right at the store, dirt cheap. I buy a 100 wash bottle for around $5. Packaging, I suppose it depends on the bottle you get. If you get the big bottle, it's got a convenient pump, so I REALLY like that, and the most you should need is one pump (I have long thick hair, and I can get away with less). It cleans, like, ya know, it's supposed to, and leaves a fantastic scent behind. I put I would buy it again, and I would, if I weren't transitioning to natural products. I've got some experimenting to do, so should they fail, I'll come back to old faithful here. If you're rolling your eyes at me going natural, then I'd really recommend this product to you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I like this shampoo alright. It makes my hair feel very soft and mostly manageable. However, the smell is very overpowering. I enjoy shampoos that smell good, but this one is too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Wheatgrass

Loved it at first, I actually thought this would be my HG Shampoo, but after two months it made my hair more of frizzy dry mess. Way too much sulfates and silicones (most OTC hair products) but Aussie has A LOT of them in their ingredient list.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by stapletonc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Always come back to this. Cleans my hair with very little of the product, no residue, always soft! And so cheap. If you're on a budget, you won't be getting anything lesser out of this

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kellybaybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using this on my thick long wavvy dry hair, I just though "Wow!" It made my hair soft and managable and felt weightless on my hair. No more messing around with a bale of hay on top of my hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I want to give this shampoo more lipsticks/stars/? and I want to LOVE it, but I just can't.

Okay, pros first.
- It smells nice (if you like bubblegum-scent) and that scent is STRONG!
One day when I washed my hair the day before, one of my friends came and gave me a hug. Then she said, "What's that smell? It smells like bubblegum, do you have some?". I thought it was quite funny, but said to her that it was just my shampoo!

- It moisturizes quite good. Doens't make your hair silky smooth, but keep in mind that it's a shampoo, which is suppose to cleanse it.

Cons:

- The bottle is soo small and doesn't last a long time. (I bought the conditioner too, and that one was even smaller. HATE when companies does that trick)

- Doesn't lather well.

- Too pricy for it's size and quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since I started taking better care of my hair I stopped using drug store brand shampoo, but I love the Aussie Moist 3 minute Miracle and only hear good things about Aussie products, so I decided to try this.

I noticed the difference in my hair right away, it was extremely soft and looked less damaged/dry. I also love the smell.