Aussie Moist Shampoo

3.9

NEW 2012 FORMULA water, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, sodium citrate, cocamide mea, sodium xylenesulfonate, fragrance, aloe leaf juice, jojoba seed oil, ecklonia radiata extract, dimethicone, citric acid, sodium benzate, sodium chloride, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, tertrasodium edta,methychloridsothiazolione, methyisolizatonaione, yellow5, red33.

on 6/13/2014 11:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This shampoo, along with the conditioner, just became my HG's for shampoo and conditioner. I immediately noticed results. My hair felt SO much more softer and it definitely helped cut down on frizz. I bought the bigger bottle that comes with the pump because I always prefer that kind of packaging. About a $1 or $2 more, but worth it. I will definitely keep on purchasing it.

UPDATE 1/1/15: UGHH so I guess I spoke too soon because this ended up giving me so many split ends and drying out my hair. A total shame because I thought this was going to be a really great shampoo and conditioner. I've since switched to Garnier Fructis and so far, so good.

on 6/9/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So this is my new favorite shampoo!
Smell is amazing, product is a light purple, creamy color. Lathers well.

A few people have mentioned this drying out their ends, but I have not had that issue. However, I only use this on my scalp. I use about two quarter sized squirts and spend a lot of time massaging it into my scalp - about a whole minute. After that I lift up the ends of my hair while I rinse so that all of the product doesn't run down the ends of my hair, a little bit naturally gets on them, but I don't ever apply it directly to my ends - doing that I've never had an issue with dry ends with this particular shampoo.

Really takes out the oil on my hair too, so I never come out greasy. I only wash my hair every 3 days or so so when I wash it's usually pretty oily. It also removes any residue of product I had in without drying out my hair. Afterwards my hair smells great and is nice and soft.

I plan on buying this again in the biggest bottle I can find. I pair it with their deep conditioner.

on 6/3/2014 5:02:00 AM

the thick and creamy formula lathers well,
doesn't overstrip hair, is inexpensive and smells good.

unfortunately it makes my scalp itchy. it also softens hair to the point where it's flyaway and won't hold/style well (contains dimethicone which i try to avoid in shampoo). i decided to use up the rest as a body wash but got the same itchy dry result on my skin. pass.

on 5/26/2014 5:00:00 PM

A perfect shampoo for my fine and a bit dry hair. Good smell, good price, good results. I will buy it again and again.

on 5/10/2014 9:14:00 AM

Didn't live up to it's name at all!

Aside from making my hair smell amazing, this shampoo didn't do anything, least of all moisturise my hair. Somehow it's managed to dry out the ends, and make the roots greasy.

Doubly annoying as their Take the Heat conditioner is the exact opposite, and is currently my go to conditioner! I just don't know how they got it wrong with their shampoo. Also quite expensive compared to other shampoos which have performed better on my hair.

on 4/7/2014 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My hair: I'm East Indian, have naturally black, straight hair that's made up of thick strands but not so many of them. "Thin" hair down to my waist. Oilier roots and drier ends.

I'm loving this. I got this in a 13-something fl. oz. bottle along with the conditioner for 2 for $5. I love that it provides the moisture I need without weighing down my hair or irritating my scalp. It doesn't give me a whole lot of body (I wasn't expecting it to) but my hair feels nourished for once. I have soft, manageable, fluffy hair that shines now. After being disappointed by co-washing--my hair got dull and didn't feel clean enough, plus my scalp got really itchy and irritated no matter how hard I tried to rinse--I was pleased to return to some sulfates (yes, yes...I know) to get that thoroughly clean feel.

I guess this just works for me so I'm hoping I found "the one", because believe me, I've tried millions of shampoos from expensive salon brands to cheaper drugstore brands. Nothing gave me quite a good feeling as this one in a long time.

A very basic shampoo. Works ok for my thin long hair. Doesn't weigh it down or make greasy. No much volume or bounce observed. Doesn't dry out either scalp or hair.

*WoC, 4a/4b, transitioning to natural, 3 inches of spiral newgrowth.*
This bad dude surprised me. I know all about low/no sulfates, parabens, cones, etc. I've been there, done the research, bought the Tshirt, and returned it. After years of hair research and trying to do the 'right' things, I am here. I got tired of ordering online. Got tired of my hair feeling dirty, and tangled after shampooing. Got tired of having no shine and luster. And gosh darnit, I just want to be able to walk in Walmart with my coupons and buy my hair's products and go on about my day. Not wait for an Amazon order for 5-10 days. I, in no way, intend to ever spend a 4th of my rent on hair products per month anymore. I'm over that. Now, on to the review...
First of all, the thickness of it reminds me of a conditioner. It's thick and goes on like a conditioner. However, upon adding it, it immediately lathers. Before I shampooed, I added virgin coconut oil to my strands, let it sit for about 5 mins, to prepare for the overstripping, since I just KNEW it would strip my hair. When it lushly lathered, I will admit, I panicked. But when I rinsed out my hair felt good; soft, moisturized, not too stripped (one side was more stripped than the other, but I contribute that to leaving on shampoo too long), and not tangled. I would have preferred if I had absolutely no tangles, however with my hair type, there will never be a product that does such LOL. And I'm okay with that.
Left my hair smelling like a coconut-sorbet and the matching conditioner and treatment did it's job well with it (review coming up). All in all, this shampoo is good. I know some WoC will read the reviews and think this is "a white girl shampoo," but in all seriousness, it did exactly what I wanted it to do. It cleansed my hair, left it smelling good, soft, and made my coils feel great. Will continue to use between cowashes.

on 2/12/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was terrible. It dried out my scalp and my hair-my hair looks damaged now. I have straight very thick hair and am still trying to find the perfect shampoo. Packaging is good though-the pump is convenient.

on 2/12/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this shampoo. Let's start right at the store, dirt cheap. I buy a 100 wash bottle for around $5. Packaging, I suppose it depends on the bottle you get. If you get the big bottle, it's got a convenient pump, so I REALLY like that, and the most you should need is one pump (I have long thick hair, and I can get away with less). It cleans, like, ya know, it's supposed to, and leaves a fantastic scent behind. I put I would buy it again, and I would, if I weren't transitioning to natural products. I've got some experimenting to do, so should they fail, I'll come back to old faithful here. If you're rolling your eyes at me going natural, then I'd really recommend this product to you.