September 18, 2014 | 1927 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by aaval

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would suggest that you don't buy this product. I made the mistake in buying it. . It says that is waterproof but really by the end of the day or even a few hours after putting it on i notice that it has fallen under my eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't get the hype or attraction to this mascara. I've tried the WP version several times trying to get it to work for me, but every time I use it I end up with flakes of mascara under/around my eyes. I'm glad it works for so many others, but it's not for me. I'll stick with Great Lash, it doesn't budge.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by rimazima

This is one of the worse mascaras I have tried. The formula says it's waterproof but by the end of the day, I had dark circles underneath my eyes from the mascara falling off and onto my face. The brush is too large and the bristles are too close together. This doesn't really help when defining lashes so the end result I received were globby goops of mascara on stuck together lashes. The design of the tube is also horrible since the brush does not get wiped clean of extra mascara when exiting the tube meaning you have more mascara on your brush than need be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It's a very average mascara. Having quite good lashes from nature I cannot see this mascara doing anything particularly good to them. The mascara provides average elongation and volume. No particular definition.
It is waterproof though and doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Rachel76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my go-to mascara for the better part of 20 years. I've never tried another mascara that thickened as well or that I get more compliments on how amazing my eyelashes are (since the Max Factor line and their amazing 2000 Calorie mascara were discontinued).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by AsianWonder805

This is a grear mascara!! My only complaint would be that it makes your lashes look a little spikyier then I would like. I like how much it gives the volume though

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara, though I haven't tried that many. I have short, sparse, straight eyelashes, and mascaras tend to weigh down and straighten out my eyelashes. My lashes hold their curl all day, and I find it to be both voluminizing and more lengthening than some of my so called lengthening mascaras. Tends to clump a bit, so I need to comb out my lashes after applying.

I'm only rating this 4 lippies because I am convinced there is a mascara out there that will make my lashes look better. Even though it's the best mascara I've ever used, my lashes still don't look particularly impressive/visible from 2 feet away, so I'm still on the lookout for something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying that I rarely wear mascara. I know that for a lot of women (most women, maybe), mascara is the ONE cosmetic item without which they won't leave the house but for years now, I've had problems with mascara on my left eye (and only my left eye). Even if I don't put it on my lower lashes, it seems I always get a grey shadow under my left eye as the day wears on. I do find there are a few mascaras that are less likely to do this and also, if I use the Clarins "Fix" product, I won't have this problem but in the main, I just find it too much trouble.

Because I rarely use mascara, I'm reluctant to spend a lot on this product since it has to be tossed out within 3 or 6 months and I've also found that price is not an indicator of whether or not I will get the grey "smudge". But my daughter is getting married next month and for that, I will wear mascara. I also know I will shed plenty of tears (she is my first-born and our only daughter and this is going to be a very emotional day). I've liked the regular Voluminous mascara in past so decided to give the waterproof version a trial. I have to say I am very pleased. So far, no grey "smear" (and that's even with a creamy concealer, though I do set it with setting powder) and the results it gives in terms of lengthening and thickening the look of my lashes is good enough for me - perhaps not spectacular but certainly nice and natural (I really don't want to look like those models in the ads - the ones who look like someone has stuck bottle-brushes on their eyes! - the ones with the oh-so-fine print stating they are filmed with "lash inserts" or have been "enhanced"). For the price, this mascara seems to deliver everything I want. Hopefully, it will perform well "on the big day".

UPDATE: The "big day" passed this weekend and I am happy to be able to say that my mascara lasted through a very long day and a few floods of very happy tears. It's a bit of work to remove this stuff - even with MAC's cleansing oil, it doesn't just "melt away" as easily as I'd hoped but I may start wearing mascara every day because this stuff didn't give me a grey smear under my eye even 20 hours after applying it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Voluminous waterproof Mascara in Carbon Black. When I first applied it, it really did look nice. I was expecting this to be my new favorite mascara. However, as the day went on, I found more and more black smudges of the mascara under my eyes. I have long eye lashes but curl them prior to applying mascara. I am assuming that the only reason why I had some smudges under my eyes later in the day were because if when I would look down, some of the mascara must have touched my skin and smeared there. I will not be repurchasing this again. There are so many other inexpensive mascaras that do not give you a raccoon eye that this one isn't worth the effort or money to purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate it this mascara! I bought it because of all the hype. It's very wet for a waterproof mascara. I only buy waterproof because its the only formula that keeps my poker straight Asian lashes curled all day. With this one after I curled my lashes & applied this on, it weighed it down straight and its very clumpy too. I hate it, I will be taking this back to get my money back.