August 29, 2014 | 1690 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boi-ing

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not the worst concealer I've used but not the best either. It's not a super creamy and easily blended formula, which is what I prefer. Boi-ing is super pricey for the teeny tiny bit of product you get. I found this formula to be gritty in texture too and to blend it you need to pull and tug in order to blend it.
This is labeled as industrial strength concealer, which it is not imo, it also doesn't cover blemishes (looks horrible on blemishes!) very well or undereye darkness, two of the flaws I'm trying to hide. I prefer Hard Candy's Glamoflauge concealer (surprise!), it's super creamy, blends easy and is easy on the wallet, I think I paid $5 for a generous tube of it at Wal Mart. It makes my undereye area look brighter and I look more awake, it leaves a dewy finish to my undereye area too.
I heard Boi-ing used to be awesome before they changed it, apparently it used to come in a flip top container opposed to the screw on-cap container (I'd prefer the old packaging better) and the formula was changed (not sure if that's true or not).
I won't buy again, I'll stick with Glamoflauge.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Meiori

This is the first concealer I've found that actually matches my skin tone perfectly. It covers acne, scars, marks, spots, veins. Everything. If you are pale and have those kinds of issues it's great for you. I tried this product first before buying it, applied it myself and loved the results. It felt smooth on my skin and didn't irritate it, blended in easy and didn't create the 'spotting' issue that other concealers have for me in the past. I have very pale skin and most concealers/make-up have an orange/tan tint which lookes totally fake on me. If you're pale and want to make your skin look perfect (like Snow White) then this is the way to do it.
Steps: apply this concealer with a dot bush (I like slanted brushes so it can blend) then apply a good powder over and blush/conture after that.

I have a scar on my chest from heart surgery that this product effortlessly covered. That should tell you it's strength. Scars are rough edges that need to be blended pretty hard to cover.
Freckles/undereye were easily hidden as well without looking fake.
Though for people who do not like a thicker coverage this might be too much; my advice, remember it's an 'industrial' cover. Not dewy, and certainly not a bb cream or cc cream.

This does what it says, which I think is great. Price? Well a little goes a loooong way so that's how it works out for me. I would rather use the concealer and a tiny bit of foundation than layer the latter; that's just my taste. Concealer is good to hide the bad parts and let your natural skin come through otherwise. It's pretty easy to do that with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only concealer I will use and recommend. I've tried many others and none compare. This covers redness and under/around eye discoloration. Lasts all day. I apply it with a soft brush and lightly buff it in. It works on dry areas of my face and more oily areas as well. Even though I'm generallly light skinned, I use shade 02 and it matches my skin perfectly. I've been using it for 10 years and only on my 3rd jar because it lasts so long....worth the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by naomi10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a terrible concealer. It's so incredibly cakey. My face looked horrific after putting it on. It was such a waste of money. I would try to stay away from this concealer at all costs

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Megzimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Urgh, not a big fan of this stuff. It is very thick and heavy feeling, not to mention it looks very caking and will totally make fine lines as dark patches way more noticeable. I always find that benefit concealers never fit, and this one is no exception. The reason I gave it a 2 is because I sometimes use it to contour my cheek bones and I don't mind it for that, but it's nothing special. Wouldn't recommend

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, the price is insanely high; something like over $35 in Australia !!
I'd read about the mixed reviews on this concealer, and I have to say, I found it was alright when I first tried it, but then I broke out only in the areas I used it. I thought it was just a phase and my skin was acting up. But I kept using it and I have to say, it did break me out every time.
I found it quite difficult to blend, especially since I had to use my fingers to get the product out of the pot, and when I used it under my eyes, it caked really easily so I had to use a really small amount. It also clung to my dry patches which is definite no-no.

Overall, I think this product would be best suited to someone who has normal skin; doesn't have dry skin or acne-prone because of the reasons states above. Thus, I would probably find a better concealer for my skin type at the drugstore, waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Benefit will always get a 5/5 for packaging, I'm always really in love with the boxes they're stuff comes in. I love this concealer, however the way it goes onto skin makes it very easy to become cakey. I find this a very thick product so you need to watch how much you use. Also, I find that it made me skin look very shiny and oily after being in a little sunlight or heat. over all this is fantastic for a full coverage look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer in the shade 01 light, i'm pretty pale with warmth to my skin. I was a bit skeptical on trying this concealer because it gets mixed reviews. I'm surprised I haven't tried this concealer before because I love Benefit and this is a pretty popular concealer. I have to say, it's great! The packaging isn't ideal because it's a pot and isn't the most sanitary, but it's not bad enough to affect my review. This is one of those concealers that I think is good for underneath and eyes and on zits, which is awesome, because who wants to have to use two concealers?! It's really creamy, but not too creamy where it just slides right off, and is a great consistency. It's blendable and has great full coverage as well. Love and reccommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KellyFitzhugh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

uuugh i really liked this at first because the coverage is amaazing (i've been using it to cover my post-acne red marks) and it looks pretty natural and once it is on it stays there! BUT it seems like every time i wear it i feel a new pimple forming like halfway through the day! so i read about it and it has mineral oil in it? which might be the culprit, but either way this stuff is great but it might break you out if you are acne-prone :( i pretty much stopped using it and haven't really broken out since then so i think this is where the problem was. BUMMER but worth a shot for sure if your skin is more resilient than mine or tolerates mineral oil well or whatever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddictt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of acne scarring and some present acne, this did a decent job covering my scars when i applied it with my fingers. One thing is that it clings to dry patches and it does feel abit cakey when having it on.