Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth 10, Citric Acid, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lanolin Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 1/11/2013 6:58:00 PM

I chose this cleanser at Ulta because I liked the idea of something gentle and the price was right. I have combination skin tending towards dry and I don't break out often. In my teens I used harsh formulas that left my face feeling tight, but now I'm just looking for something gentle before bed. It leaves my face feeling clean and nice instead of that dry feeling that I was used to. I use this with a toner to remove any makeup or dirt still on the skin, and I do still use eye makeup remover for mascara. The pump is really convenient and I find that one squirt of product is all I need for my face and neck, so it should last for a long time.

on 10/9/2012 8:45:00 PM

This is an effective, gentle gel cleanser. I do not find it hydrating but neither is it drying. Rinses easily, removes makeup, and doesn't irritate my eyes. A very good, basic unfragranced gel cleanser that's cheap and readily available in drug/grocery stores.

on 8/28/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Great facial cleanser. I've used several bottles up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Years ago, this was my HG cleanser. It went away in stores for a long time, but I searched and waited until I could find it again. I finally saw that my local Ulta started carrying it again. I'm not sure if they reformulated this cleanser at all or if my skin is just not as tolerant of this product. It used to cleanse without drying or irritating. I don't know if I would say that it was "hydrating," but it was a perfect match for the usage of retinoids. Now it seems to over-cleanse a little bit and I seem to be more prone to dry spots on my cheeks. It could just be that my skin is a little more sensitive now for some reason… Anyway, I never had any issues getting this cleanser to lather up.

Sadly, I wouldn't repurchase this again anytime soon. Maybe I'll give it another shot a couple of years from now. continued >>

on 5/30/2012 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This cleanser is ok. It cleans well enough and doesn't make my skin feel tight, but I don't think it lathers very well and it takes a few pumps for each use. I really just wanted to try something different, but I think I currently prefer Purpose's cleanser.

on 4/7/2012 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Gentle and hydrating. Fragrance Free (major plus), did not irritate me. Rinses well. Good alternative to Clinique Liquid Facial Soap. You might need to pre-cleanse with a more emollient makeup remover to dissolve mascara, long wearing makeup and water resistant sunscreen.

on 11/21/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have been using this for a month now and like it. Basic cleanser that is lightly hydrating. It is foaming,so it not going to be SUPER hydrating. It is soap-free and fragrance free so good sensitive skin types. I like it, it is cheap at around $5 (I was using BareMinerals cleanser for $24) in a large pump bottle that foams up well. I remove my make-up BEFORE I use this, so one pump is enough for me.

on 5/11/2011 8:28:00 PM

This is a basic, no frills cleanser that I've been using for the past 3 weeks or so. I have combo-oily, acne-prone skin with occasional dry patches around my mouth and forehead. Like previous reviews mentioned I have to use 2-4 pumps to get a decent lather and I usually have to wash twice with this if I want to remove heavy makeup (or use a makeup remover wipe first). I don't find it drying but not neccessarily hydrating either. It's cheap and can be easily found at my local ulta. The packaging is plain but practical for at home use, but the pump makes it impossible to travel with. I like pump cleansers in my shower so that I don't have to fumble with lids while washing. I have not experienced any adverse reaction with this cleanser or clogged pores. I find it very gentle and think it will work most of the year for me except for the driest months of winter. I'll probably want to try something new next, but I would repurchase it again.

on 3/5/2011 10:45:00 AM

Yuck! What is it with this stuff?
It is neither gentle or hydrating for dry skin.
It left my skin very shiny clean and tight and smells chemically awful.
It's so bad, I didn't even keep it for a bodywash.

on 1/22/2011 10:11:00 PM

at this point I am pretty much just reviewing stuff to reach 20 so I can add things that are not listed... @(!*#%
I've been using this cleanser for about 5+ years off and on, but more exclusively for the past 3. it's a basic gentle gel cleanser that doesn't aggravate the skin, it actually lathers well, and it gets sunscreen and eye makeup off completely. sometimes it feels a little drying, but if I apply moisturizer at night like I'm supposed to then it's a non-issue. no scent or residue. I've repurchased it lots of times. it's very cheap ($5.99?) but it is hard to find at drug & grocery stores. my local still ulta carries it.