November 24, 2014 | 2007 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ratyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great facial cleanser. I've used several bottles up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Years ago, this was my HG cleanser. It went away in stores for a long time, but I searched and waited until I could find it again. I finally saw that my local Ulta started carrying it again. I'm not sure if they reformulated this cleanser at all or if my skin is just not as tolerant of this product. It used to cleanse without drying or irritating. I don't know if I would say that it was "hydrating," but it was a perfect match for the usage of retinoids. Now it seems to over-cleanse a little bit and I seem to be more prone to dry spots on my cheeks. It could just be that my skin is a little more sensitive now for some reason… Anyway, I never had any issues getting this cleanser to lather up.

Sadly, I wouldn't repurchase this again anytime soon. Maybe I'll give it another shot a couple of years from now. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is ok. It cleans well enough and doesn't make my skin feel tight, but I don't think it lathers very well and it takes a few pumps for each use. I really just wanted to try something different, but I think I currently prefer Purpose's cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gentle and hydrating. Fragrance Free (major plus), did not irritate me. Rinses well. Good alternative to Clinique Liquid Facial Soap. You might need to pre-cleanse with a more emollient makeup remover to dissolve mascara, long wearing makeup and water resistant sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a month now and like it. Basic cleanser that is lightly hydrating. It is foaming,so it not going to be SUPER hydrating. It is soap-free and fragrance free so good sensitive skin types. I like it, it is cheap at around $5 (I was using BareMinerals cleanser for $24) in a large pump bottle that foams up well. I remove my make-up BEFORE I use this, so one pump is enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a basic, no frills cleanser that I've been using for the past 3 weeks or so. I have combo-oily, acne-prone skin with occasional dry patches around my mouth and forehead. Like previous reviews mentioned I have to use 2-4 pumps to get a decent lather and I usually have to wash twice with this if I want to remove heavy makeup (or use a makeup remover wipe first). I don't find it drying but not neccessarily hydrating either. It's cheap and can be easily found at my local ulta. The packaging is plain but practical for at home use, but the pump makes it impossible to travel with. I like pump cleansers in my shower so that I don't have to fumble with lids while washing. I have not experienced any adverse reaction with this cleanser or clogged pores. I find it very gentle and think it will work most of the year for me except for the driest months of winter. I'll probably want to try something new next, but I would repurchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck! What is it with this stuff?
It is neither gentle or hydrating for dry skin.
It left my skin very shiny clean and tight and smells chemically awful.
It's so bad, I didn't even keep it for a bodywash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by missnewname

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

at this point I am pretty much just reviewing stuff to reach 20 so I can add things that are not listed... @(!*#%
I've been using this cleanser for about 5+ years off and on, but more exclusively for the past 3. it's a basic gentle gel cleanser that doesn't aggravate the skin, it actually lathers well, and it gets sunscreen and eye makeup off completely. sometimes it feels a little drying, but if I apply moisturizer at night like I'm supposed to then it's a non-issue. no scent or residue. I've repurchased it lots of times. it's very cheap ($5.99?) but it is hard to find at drug & grocery stores. my local still ulta carries it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by louy

I like this cleanser because it has no fragrance and does not sting my skin; I have a problem with products stinging my skin due to the use of Tazorac, an anti-acne topical medication. However, I do find it a tad bit drying. I think my "Clean and Clear Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin" is a tiny bit better for my skin. That said, I am happy with this cleanser and will still continue to use this. I also would not hesitate to buy this if I can't find my C&C.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

hands down Best winter face wash i have ever used! this does not dry out my skin like other gel cleansers that leave flakes... this one is moisturizing and leaves my skin really soft. it does remove makeup but not heavy makeup. i use this in the morning and night and at night i also use the eucerin redness relief night cream and my skin is happy!