April 23, 2014 | 2042 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just bought the value pack of this soap and it was so worth it. Individually it is around $3.99 and for a 3 pack it was $8.99. I just can't get enough of this soap. I use this on my back to clear up bacne that is caused from going to the gym and sweating. I try to avoid wearing cotton shirts to the gym but i still breakout around my shoulder areas. It is frustrating and embarrassing. This seems to be the only soap that helps clear it up in no time. After 3 days i can already see results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by cutiepu2ti

I absolutely love this product. It was recommended by a friend of a friend, and I was happy with the Cetaphil Facial Cleanser, so decided to try this. I was, at first, hesitant to use this on my face, as it was a bar soap and not specifically meant for the face. However, I'm almost done with my first bar and love it. It's very moisturizing and I had no breakouts while using this.

I tried another cleanser halfway through the bar and I immediately started to feel a difference in my skin. This was creamier and lathered much better.

Recently, I have bought another bar for use on my body and it keeps my skin soft and clean.

I would recommend keeping this away from the direct shower stream though, as this melts easily under warm water.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a friend recommend this soap to me after explaining to her that honey, Purpose (and other "gentle" washes), had lost their effect, or just quite weren't antibacterial enough for me to ward off pimples.

I used this soap for about four weeks in combination with a face brush. The soap lathers very well and is creamy. It contains triclosan as its antibacterial agent, and did not leave my face terribly tight feeling. It also worked to free me from the big, red pimples (and would bring them to a head usually if they did occur).

Overall, that was great- however one day I was washing my face and I saw A HUGE amount of whiteheads all on my face (particularly on my cheeks). While you can't see them at first glance in regular light, depending on the way the light hits you can make your skin look very, VERY bumpy. I was not happy about this.

I carry the soap in a travel soap container. It does deteriorate rather quickly once it gets wet, and can be a nuisance to carry around. My skin does not seem to work well with Cetaphil products, and I will venture to guess that because I am white head prone, that having a "creamy" soap probably worked against me instead of with me.

Thankfully, the product was not expensive (I think I paid around 5 dollars for a bar), and while the product does break down in water, you don't need a lot to get a decent lather. I still had a good portion of the bar left after a month of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Eloisa09

First off i've tried pretty much every facial cleansing product out there, i do product review for skin care so i get samples of just about everything at sephora, in the mail, from friends and so on. I've tried stuff ranging from 3 $ to 200$ and let me just say that this is the only thing i use on my skin along with a facial sponge. It cleans skin throughly and doesent dry or irritate your skin like a lot of other products. I gave it a 4 because of course it could be better but for the price its an awesome quality soap. I would not recommen spending your hard earn money on other cleansers bcs this does it all i use it along with the clinique moisturizing gel and my skin has never been better, i only brake out a bit around that time of the month.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by waywardrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only soap that has actually cleared up my zits. (I get PMS breakouts still, but they are less severe. I know that no soap can truly combat hormones.) My face never feels tight after washing either. The soap itself has a scent, but it's pleasant and disappears after toweling off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by MrsJohnson2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry, acne prone skin. I've always had acne since my teen's but after I had my daughter, it got worse. Especially the dry skin! I've tried scrubs, gel and liquid cleansers and every other product at the drug store. Nothing really worked and if it did, maybe for a week. Then I would break out horribly!

I read up on this and finally took the plunge. What did I have to lose? I didn't wash my face with anything before hand, I just used the cleansing bar. It took my make up off great and my skin felt so good afterwards. Like somebody mentioned in a review that although it helped moisturize their skin, they couldn't skip their moisturizer afterwards. That's how my skin was. The BIG difference was, I didn't have to use as much moisturizer! My skin soaked it up and felt wonderful! I woke up the next morning and my skin still felt moisturized. That's not something that happens with my extra dry skin! I'm in love with this stuff! I would recommend this to anyone with dry and acne prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by intersection16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After so many years of trying to find the "right" acne wash I finally found the best solution.... a bar of soap!?

I was skeptical at first. However, after using this bar on my face and body for two weeks I'm a believer! This is coming from a 22-year-old who hasn't left the house without makeup since middle school. My face has always been red and had a fair amount of acne. This bar has made 95% of my face and back acne disappear. I looked in the mirror today and was shocked. Please give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by anqa071599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't know the difference between the normal gentle bar. It feels the same as the normal bar, and smells a bit different.

I like the way my skin feels cleaner after each use. It doesn't dry my skin and after each use I like to run my hand over my body and feel the smoothness. It's unlike other bars.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nikkistephens

I used this with noticeable results after just ONE DAY! My face is smooth and all that's left is some scarring from the hellstorm that brewed there from the last two months. I know bacteria is just one of the causes of acne but it really just got rid of it all and it keeps getting better. Now looking for something to fade the scars!

The downside is, they test on animals and are not vegan as they do not strictly monitor and cannot give a "100% guarantee" that the ingredients they buy are "100% of non-animal origin." (via an inquiry email to Galderma.) Once it runs out I will not be buying again due to this. It does work wonders but based on this it's an absolute 'no' to buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by jenna1128

I will be honest and say I bought this out of sheer curiousity and cringe at the thought of anyone using bar soap to cleanse their skin ( as a skincare fanatic) however, I caved in, took the plunge, tried something new, AND fell in love. It was pretty instant for me. I'm used to using just cream cleansers and usually stick to Origins Mushroom Line, but at first use I knew it was going to be holy grail product. It smells clean but somewhat mild and not too fragrant. It is milky and rinses off wonderfully clean--I usually massage the milky bar into my skin to soothe it. It truly is a great product and I will repurchase it. It has made my skin become more balanced and my clogged pores...probably due to makeup use..are cleared up again. I used to extract my pores regularly and now even in a 3x mirror they look clean. Still have to get used to using soap on my face though, seems so taboo to me still.