July 29, 2014 | 1952 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Fancychic55055

I love this brand for my skin. It's so gentle yet cleansing. I appreciated the little bar in the plastic packaging not rustling around the box. It smells super clean & lathers very well for wherever you need to wash. I primarily use the bar soap for my face & hands at the sink & their body wash in shower!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Lolo031082

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap for my acne. It's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sareybeary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This bar soap changed my life! I was prone to body acne that was out of control. Other soaps just enraged the acne to the point it would bleed and destroy clothes. The Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar soap (in combination with some other treatments) have kept the acne flare-ups much less frequent and not as severe as they would have been. The price is quite expensive (around $3.50 per bar) but a necessary expense for people with severe acne! A bar typically lasts about 2 weeks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never gave Cetaphil a chance as a teen. It was always on the bottom shelf at my Walgreens and I would, instead, check out what all the "cool" kids at my school used (you know the ones with perfect skin...found out later that all of them had normal skin types and never had acne no matter what they used or didn't use).

Then I entered my 20's and having never accomplished clear skin I was desperate. A friend recommended I try this simple cleansing bar. It has made all the different. Getting older hasn't changed my skin type or my tendency to break out but Cetaphil has helped me get it under control. I cleanse my face with this (using my Olay Pro-X brush) in the morning and at night and it has helped give me the best skin I've ever had. When I do break out, it is only 1 or 2 small spots now, instead of the cysts I used to have. I believe it has also lessened the appearance of my large pores too. Now I use several Cetaphil products and have nice and soft skin from head to toe. There is definitely a reason that certain products stand the test of time and this is one of them. Add in that it is extremely affordable and lasts forever and this has become a hands down winner for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Beauxsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This and my clarisonic has cleared my severe acne, just love it, and how inexpensive it is, would def recommend to anyone with acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just bought the value pack of this soap and it was so worth it. Individually it is around $3.99 and for a 3 pack it was $8.99. I just can't get enough of this soap. I use this on my back to clear up bacne that is caused from going to the gym and sweating. I try to avoid wearing cotton shirts to the gym but i still breakout around my shoulder areas. It is frustrating and embarrassing. This seems to be the only soap that helps clear it up in no time. After 3 days i can already see results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by cutiepu2ti

I absolutely love this product. It was recommended by a friend of a friend, and I was happy with the Cetaphil Facial Cleanser, so decided to try this. I was, at first, hesitant to use this on my face, as it was a bar soap and not specifically meant for the face. However, I'm almost done with my first bar and love it. It's very moisturizing and I had no breakouts while using this.

I tried another cleanser halfway through the bar and I immediately started to feel a difference in my skin. This was creamier and lathered much better.

Recently, I have bought another bar for use on my body and it keeps my skin soft and clean.

I would recommend keeping this away from the direct shower stream though, as this melts easily under warm water.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a friend recommend this soap to me after explaining to her that honey, Purpose (and other "gentle" washes), had lost their effect, or just quite weren't antibacterial enough for me to ward off pimples.

I used this soap for about four weeks in combination with a face brush. The soap lathers very well and is creamy. It contains triclosan as its antibacterial agent, and did not leave my face terribly tight feeling. It also worked to free me from the big, red pimples (and would bring them to a head usually if they did occur).

Overall, that was great- however one day I was washing my face and I saw A HUGE amount of whiteheads all on my face (particularly on my cheeks). While you can't see them at first glance in regular light, depending on the way the light hits you can make your skin look very, VERY bumpy. I was not happy about this.

I carry the soap in a travel soap container. It does deteriorate rather quickly once it gets wet, and can be a nuisance to carry around. My skin does not seem to work well with Cetaphil products, and I will venture to guess that because I am white head prone, that having a "creamy" soap probably worked against me instead of with me.

Thankfully, the product was not expensive (I think I paid around 5 dollars for a bar), and while the product does break down in water, you don't need a lot to get a decent lather. I still had a good portion of the bar left after a month of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Eloisa09

First off i've tried pretty much every facial cleansing product out there, i do product review for skin care so i get samples of just about everything at sephora, in the mail, from friends and so on. I've tried stuff ranging from 3 $ to 200$ and let me just say that this is the only thing i use on my skin along with a facial sponge. It cleans skin throughly and doesent dry or irritate your skin like a lot of other products. I gave it a 4 because of course it could be better but for the price its an awesome quality soap. I would not recommen spending your hard earn money on other cleansers bcs this does it all i use it along with the clinique moisturizing gel and my skin has never been better, i only brake out a bit around that time of the month.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by waywardrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only soap that has actually cleared up my zits. (I get PMS breakouts still, but they are less severe. I know that no soap can truly combat hormones.) My face never feels tight after washing either. The soap itself has a scent, but it's pleasant and disappears after toweling off.