September 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Liquid Metal Eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2002 11:57:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this in Palladium which is a really nice lilac color. It looks really great on. Nice metallic appearance and great color. I thought the packaging was really cool too and the way you use it with the applicator was neat. My only complaint is that it doesnt have great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2001 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

I love the actual powder product in this, but I don't get the applicator at all. Maybe they were just trying to make a small amount of product look like more? Anyway, this powder is much more dense in pigment than most 'sparkle' powders; it also has a true metallic sheen as opposed to glitter, so it goes on really smooth and silky, not gritty like some. I got Plutonium, a pinky champagne, which I feel is the most wearable color in the limited range. I usually mix it with Lise Watier Transformer liquid before applying with a fine liner brush to give a truly metallic-look liner; otherwise I use it dry as a lid color. A unique product for a dramatic look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2001 3:06:00 AM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, these are beautiful, I got Plutonium which is sort of a pinkish taupe. I guess I was expecting more though because I don't think they're worth $25. I agree that these are *very* similar to Mac Pigments, same ultra shimmer. However, you can go to makeupmania.com, and for $8 you can buy Ben Nye Lumiere Lux powders, or La Femme Sparkle dusts ($3.00!) which are just as metallic, last just as long, and they have a huge range of colors (La Femme). I own both so I can safely say that :o) You really can get the same effect for much cheaper. hth someone!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2001 9:41:00 AM More reviews by farahdean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I saw this on UD's page & got a kind friend to purchase Palladium for me(I don't get it where I live). I am totally blown by this. It is so beautiful used dry on my lids, intense metallic look in lilac.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2001 1:31:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I *adore* the liquid metal eyes. I have the silver one, MERCURY, and use it constantly. One thing though - I always use my pinky to apply it, because when I dip their brush in, all the powder 'flakes' right onto my lashes, and I end up with grey/silver lashes, making it look so bizzare ;)
I'm swapping to try the other colors.. they're my favourite eyeshadow because they're so shiny and vibrant.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2001 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Cornflake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, the Liquid Metals Eyes are VERY expensive. $25 for an eyeshadow? I was surprised when it arrived from Sephora that this product is powdery. You're supposed to use the seperate applicator to wet it before putting on your eyes. This makes it kind of messy. However, the outcome look is very cool and definitely "foily". I got lots of compliments from wearing this. (I have Mercury, by the way)

The other small problem is that it tends to dry slowly and would get below my brow line where my eyelids touched the skin, and I keep having to take a q-tip with some eyemakeup remover and removing it from here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2001 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dana

So the Liquid Eyes and I have a love hate relationship:
1) Color selection is limited to pastels and very pale colors. Would like to see a bigger variety of colors (I can only wear the rose colored one)
2) The brush/Container stinks. The wand looks like that which you would use to apply lipgloss (sponge applicator) Duh. The container opening is to small to put a brush in, so you have to dump some out onto a seperate surface in order to use it.
3) V. Expensive - Its $25 on Sephora , but the container is relatively big so it will last awhile.
4) Other then that I really like the consistancy of the product. The powder is very fine and easy to spread (be very careful about ovr doing it though! I made my eye lashes a shade of rose that was hard to remove!!)
Its similar to the Mac Pigments only has more pigment. Its not as shiny as I had invisoned which I was greatful for. It didn't crease at all on me either.
I give them about a 7 out of 10, but def worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2001 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mich445

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really unique product. Out of all the *shimmer* powders out there, this one packs the most pigment and has a truly metallic finish. It is EXTREMELY opaque, so a little goes a long way. That helps to justify the price, which is about twice what it should be. Still, for a night out this product cannot be beat. I purchased Mercury, a true silver foil color. Very dramatic!