Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this product after reading the reviews on here and wow this is the best and fastest eye makeup remover I have ever used. It not only removes extremely fast, it also moisturizers skin really nicely. I'm never buying liquid makeup remover again. I wish I knew about this sooner; would've saved so much money. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I cannot believe it took me so long to find this cleanser! I massage it into my face for a couple of minutes, let it sit for however long I feel like, then wipe my face off with a damp microfiber towel. Perfect moisturizing makeup remover. Very gentle, very cheap. Cannot recommend enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE THIS STUFF! While it took some getting used to, it has done awesome things for my skin. It is a little annoying at first how it felt on my skin but the next morning my skin looked so much less irritated than it had in as long as I can remember. I am very acne and eczema prone and this stuff keeps the irritation and acne away!

Before starting this product, I was washing my face every day and my skin was always red and irritated. Albolene has helped my skin calm down a lot. I tend to wear quite a lot of makeup and it takes it all off as long as I massage it on my skin long enough.

I also started using retin-a for acne, acne pigmentation scars, and anti-aging so my skin has been even more sensitive lately. Albolene is the only product that's gentle enough to clean my face without stinging.

The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. I hate sticking my hand back into the jar when I didn't get enough the first time. I end up getting makeup in there and it looks gross haha. I have heard there is a tube version of this but haven't seen it in stores.

I was a Pond's cold cream devotee, but its fragrance is too strong and makes my eyes burn. Albolene does the same great job as Pond's, but it's fragrance free! It's a little more oily, but my breakout-prone skin tolerates it well. I use it only at night, and I wipe it off with a wet washcloth. I follow up with a swipe of micellar water in the morning. Great option for kickin' it old school.

I've been using Albolene for over a decade. It's an awesome eye makeup remover, including waterproof mascara. I have combination skin and I'm also prone to breakouts, but have never broken out using this. The only thing I dislike about it is that it does not completely remove my face makeup. I normally use a toner after using this and always have face makeup on my cotton balls. Other than that, I recommend this stuff. It's keeps my face youthful and soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would not repurchase. I have combo skin and this stuff even when tissued off AND washed away with another cleanser still make my face feel VERY oily and sticky! GROSS! takes off eyeliner well though

I consider this an oil cleanser in a semi solid form. It's good for plane travel (less messy than oils, and it doesn't count as a liquid), but overall it doesn't perform any better than straight mineral oil for me.

Haven't tried this as a makeup remover, but I've had friends who swear by it. I got it because I have a 4-yo with eczema who needs oil all over his body after each bath. For months I'd been smearing him with either Eucerin Original or Aquaphor; while those products worked, they were gloopy and sticky and hard to spread.

After reading the ingredients in Albolene (all pretty inert stuff), I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! It's got a thin and melty texture on the skin, making my son's after-bath ritual way easier. Still, it's a solid and not a liquid, so it seals in moisture better than just baby oil or lotion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am 26, have had terrible acne since I was 12, a@nd also have eczema. Oh, and I have very shiny/oily skin that also flakes and feels dry. Ugh. Well, after giving up on everything else I tried this last Winter. At first I used it along with a regular cleanser afterwards. My skin did improve. The eczema disappeared on my face. But my skin still felt dry and I had still had acne. Then I decided to only use albolene ( rub on face, wipe off with cotton round, repeat, then rinse with a warm water and a washcloth morning and night). No other cleanser. I've been doing this for about two months, and my skin looks and feels wonderful! I think my skin was actually losing moisture, and the albolene locks it in

The first time I used Albolene I hated it. I think that was mostly due to feeling like I had to use water on my face in order to get it really clean; that's what I'd done my whole life. So after one use, I tossed it in the cabinet under the sink and forgot about it. About a year later, I was having a lot of problems with terribly dry skin and breakouts, and nothing I tried seemed to help. A friend suggested I try Albolene. Before I could argue, she held up her hand and said, "I know it's hard to get used to, just stick with it." So, I dug out the jar, dusted off the top, and gave it another try. It's been two years and I haven't looked back. My skin looks better now than it ever has.

There is a learning curve to Albolene. If you've washed your face with water and cleanser your whole life, using Albolene and wiping it away with tissues is very strange. Albolene dissolves makeup amazingly well. Like other reviewers, once I've tissued everything off, I put another light layer on my face and wipe off again to make sure I've removed all the makeup. I even use a tiny bit after my shower in the morning as my moisturizer.

My skin is clear, soft, and youthful looking. I'm 36 and most people think I'm in my late 20s.

Albolene is my HG product!