July 25, 2014 | 1760 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by superfille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become HG/essential for me. It is such a multipurpose product. The ingredients are incredibly gentle for me. I use this to cleanse every morning, followed by a Stridex pad to remove any excess residue, or instead, occasionally I'll use St. Ives Apricot scrub instead of the Stridex.

I also put this all over my lips as a quick moisturizing treatment, or all over as a body moisturizer. It is so gentle - just mineral oil, beeswax, parafin and a few other things. So multipurpose - it's great for dry cuticles. I love it and hope they never change the formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thick and heavy, but will not strip dry skin and is effective in removing all types of makeup. I have dry skin and I could probably get away without doing a second cleanse after taking this off with a washcloth but I choose not to. Anyway, this is better than Pond's to me because there isn't a fragrance and I like the consistency better. You do need to massage this in and let it work a bit, give it time. At least one minute and then perhaps even let it sit in for another or two because it can take a bit to break down makeup. I used to use Clinique take the day off balm and that is a very good product but I found it drying and much more expensive than this. Albolene is one half the cost of Clinique's product. If you have oily or breakout prone skin, you might do as I do and use a foamy cleanser after this to get the film off of your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love it!!!!!! Removes all makeup and dirt even waterproof liquid eyeliner in....5 minutes or less i frickin smooth on and in less than 1 minute it's all of no stinging of frickin mess amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Love it but I'm not in love with the packehing awh 5 lippers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have dry skin, so the moisturizing qualities of this product are a huge bonus. I rub it on my skin and wipe it off with a damp washcloth. My skin is clean and moisturized when I'm done.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really reluctant to purchase this because I have oily, acne prone, and super fickle skin. Read on one of the boards that it would be a good way to remove stubborn makeup, so I purchased it at my local drug store. I am never using anything else. This is literally the best thing i've ever used for removing makeup. I mainly use it for eye makeup with a tissue. It takes a few swipes but every little bit of makeup I have had on is removed. It also doesn't cause me to break out and isn't too harsh for my eyes or skin. If I wear heavy makeup I sometimes remove all my face makeup with it as well. I put it on my face, let it sit, wipe it off and then follow with a cleanser to remove any residue. Works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by momof3kidlets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing how well this gets ALL makeup off. This is as greasy as it gets, folks, but it works and I've found a great way to make the most of it (in my opinion)...I use this only at night and make it into a spa experience: I apply a generous coat, massaging my face and neck. Then, carefully tissue off as much as I can with a couple tissues. Then, I have this pretty thick residue still on my face, so I run a washcloth under the hottest water I can stand, wring it out well, place it on my face and wait at least 10 seconds, just letting my pores open a bit. Then, I use the washcloth to massage the rest of it all off. Feels WONDERFUL, works AMAZING. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this stuff.
at first i was using it wrong (for me anyway). i was rubbing it on and then removing it with a wet washcloth and then putting more on.

my pores started getting clogged and my skin didn't like it and it was ruining my washcloths.

i started using it per the directions on the jar (lol) and wow!

so now i use a little bit for my entire face. i start with a dry face and rub it on and then tissue it off. then i splash water on my face and kind of pat the left over in and add a tiny bit more around my eyes and any dry areas and voila!

perfect moisturized skin no other moisturizer needed!

who knew? i guess someone did!!!

i would suggest that anyone using it with a wet washcloth and getting clogged pores try tissuing it off instead. it totally changed everything for me!!! and my skin loves the stimulation and hardly needs exfoliating these days!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by bulbagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily, very acne prone, large pores, easily-flaky-when-over-cleansed, skin! I'm very impressed by this product. I tried using it as instructed - rub in and wipe off with tissue. A lot of oil and makeup came off this way but the thin film left on my face was no good for my oily skin and in 3 days my face was totally clogged.

How I use this now is PM only. Take a dollop size on my finger and rub it all over my face for about 5 minutes. I can feel the blackheads on my nose rise and clear out, the dead skin, makeup, pimple scabs, I can feel it all lifting and blending into the Albolene. It's really gross yet refreshing. I've never used anything that cleans and clears like this stuff. Then I hop in the shower and gently remove with a warm baby washcloth. Follow with Cetaphil for oily skin, Proactiv toner (glycolic acid), and sunscreen in the AM. No PM moisturizer needed sometimes. Albolene is an amazing clean!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this. It will dissolve any sort of waterproof makeup or sunscreen I put on my face very quickly and easily, and it isn't drying. BUT it requires some elbow grease to remove that dissolved stuff, requiring a washcloth, wipes, or something else to be repeatedly rubbed on the skin. For my extremely sensitive, rosacean face....this is the main drawback...the only way to avoid the irritation is to follow up with a foaming cleanser...in which case I don't get any moisturizing or soothing effects.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ricaalava

I bought this because my mother-in-law who had beautiful and flawless skin recommended it. After giving birth, my skin became acne prone. My mother-in-law suggested I use very mild products including this. Anyway, I seriously broke out A LOT. It's not the cycstic acne but literally red dots on my entire face. I guess my face can't handle something that's sort of like petroleum jelly. I ended up giving it to her since she uses it to remove her makeup. It can be really good for some but not for me.