October 1, 2014 | 1404 users online

Pressed Powders - Laura Mercier - Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Ryanne

Love this powder!!:-) this keeps my face looking fresh!!:-) saving up to buy my second one.:-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by mandity

I bought this after trying this out at the counter and after letting it stay on my face for a day. It set my makeup really well and my face didn't look cakey at all. However, I do recommend anyone who uses this product to get a soft fluffy brush for this product as face puffs don't work -- they simply pick up too much of the product. Usually, I don't set my make-up but when I do, I think the LM face powder is great. However, I will not repurchase as it is just way too expensive for the amount of product you get. It does its job but it's not spectacularly good nor entirely crucial for my make-up routine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I treated myself to this yesterday, a) cos I needed a setting powder and b) I love Laura mercier :-)

This is translucent so is perfect for me. I got the normal one, not the oil absorbing one. It cost me 24.50 for it which is quite an average price.

Using it today over my sample of lancomes teint Idole 24h, my skin has never looked as flawless! I used to use smash box halo powder but at 45 a time it was expensive! This is just as good, if not better IMO! Granted its only been 3 hours, and my skin still looks perfect, I can imagine it will still look as good in another 6 hours!

HG status for me, will never be without it :-)

After just one month of usage, I've hit the pan! 24 for this is ridiculous, I'd expect at LEAST 3 months of use from a product like this! I have moved onto Collection 2000s translucent loose powder, 2.99 for 20g and it is FAR more superior than this!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Cayla29S

I bought this with the suggestion of the SA at Sephora. I tried it out a couple of times and I was not impressed with it at all. I have the MAC Blot powder and that one works better than this. I hated the sponge that came with the LM because it picked up too much product so I still had to blend it with my powder brush. I have dark skin so you can see the yellow whitish tint to it.

The packaging was alright kind of bulky for me. I ended up returning it since it was $40 so I was expecting it to keep me oil free for at least 6 hrs but that did not happen.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Without question, this is my favorite powder and the one I keep going back to. Recently, I've tried other powders by Lorac and Tarte, but no other powder gives me the flawless look that this powder does. I normally apply it with a powder brush, but the secret to a truly flawless, almost airbrushed look is applying it with the big Laura Mercier powder puff (sold separately) in a rolling motion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by elizausten

I love this powder. I use it on my T-zone a few times over my foundation during the day. It's not cakey, and removes/controls shine very well. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does a good job of setting makeup. You are supposed to apply it with an LM puff. You work the product into the puff then roll it onto your skin. Maybe I don't have enough powder on the puff, but I feel like half of my makeup comes off when I try to work this product into place. I took one lippie off for the way you have to apply this. It doesn't alter the color at all, but I wear beige ivory.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by bumblebeebramley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG setting powder. Is completely translucent on me if I am careful to apply it properly, and if by chance it does go on white - it can be easily buffed out with the swipe of a brush. Sets makeup amazingly! I use it to set Bobbi Brown concealer, Lancome Teint Miracle, and mac foundations generally. Also like the packaging. Absolutely adore this product!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This just didnt work for me. I know many people have great results with it, but for me it just wasnt good. The powder is white. Actually WHITE. Im nc32-35ish depending how tan i am and this really washed me out and gave me a grey awful cast. And this is the other bizarre thing!! It made me itch like MAD!!! It made me look pale, itchy, grey...and after 30 mins i was shiny again (i have combo skin, and my HG foundation is a little glowy but i like to tone down the glowiness a little with a light powder) But with this i was oily and shiny within an hour! So u appl more and then get more of this white cast!!! Just awful!! The SA told me this powder is used on african people!! Right...i understand maybe this will work if u use the tiniest milimetre of it but then whats the point of a powder...i dont ever use a lot, i use my usual powders very sparingly but this was a disaster. If you want a truely amazing ''translucent powder'' with some actual colour to it (not full on colour like mac pressed powders but just SOMETHING so u wont ever look white or pale!!) pls buy the chanel one the pressed one is amazing i use shade 3 its great!! and no weird itching!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG setting powder. Truly translucent unless I pick up too much (I use a cotton pad to apply). Can make my face look a little flat initially, but within 10 mins it sets and looks very natural. I uses this to set my Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact Make-up in Ivory Beige, with wonderful high coverage, natural-looking results. This powder has never caused any break-outs for me. The packaging is sophisticated but I don't like how the puff is in with the powder. However, it is not of much consequence to me as I use a clean cotton pad every time I use it. Once a month I'll use a pad to swipe across the surface of the powder - to 'clean' it - I think this helps retain the integrity of the formualtion. I recently repurchased - my previous compact lasted for over a year.