Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

on 1/17/2013 6:14:00 PM

Was expecting really good things for this powder, but find that whilst it goes on nicely, it is nothing special and most importantly (and why I will not repurchase), it does not last well on my t-zone, requiring frequent reapplication to reduce shine. The packaging is nice, clean and hard-wearing.

on 5/31/2012 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Got this along with my first foundation (MUFE HD in 170) on recommendation from the SA at Sephora. I think I have the oil-free kind? I don't use the puff that comes with it, but instead use the Ecotools retractable kabuki. This powder has a greenish cast in the pan, applies a bit whitish/greenish (not the worst I have seen) and settles out about 10 minutes after application. It sets my makeup and concealer reasonably well.. I'm saying reasonably, because this is the first "real" powder or foundation I have owned. I have really oily skin and no matter what, 2 or 3 hours after I put my makeup on, I'm a shine fest. This stuff helps, but it isn't perfect.

Over all: I like that this is a pressed powder (portable, minimal mess), it didn't break me out or irritate my skin, it sets my makeup well, and I would buy it again. **However** if there was a powder somebody recommended that is "amazing", I would buy that instead.. cause this stuff is.. alright.

on 5/2/2012 11:46:00 PM

Love this powder!!:-) this keeps my face looking fresh!!:-) saving up to buy my second one.:-)

on 4/24/2012 9:58:00 AM

I bought this after trying this out at the counter and after letting it stay on my face for a day. It set my makeup really well and my face didn't look cakey at all. However, I do recommend anyone who uses this product to get a soft fluffy brush for this product as face puffs don't work -- they simply pick up too much of the product. Usually, I don't set my make-up but when I do, I think the LM face powder is great. However, I will not repurchase as it is just way too expensive for the amount of product you get. It does its job but it's not spectacularly good nor entirely crucial for my make-up routine.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I treated myself to this yesterday, a) cos I needed a setting powder and b) I love Laura mercier :-)

This is translucent so is perfect for me. I got the normal one, not the oil absorbing one. It cost me 24.50 for it which is quite an average price.

Using it today over my sample of lancomes teint Idole 24h, my skin has never looked as flawless! I used to use smash box halo powder but at 45 a time it was expensive! This is just as good, if not better IMO! Granted its only been 3 hours, and my skin still looks perfect, I can imagine it will still look as good in another 6 hours!

HG status for me, will never be without it :-)

After just one month of usage, I've hit the pan! 24 for this is ridiculous, I'd expect at LEAST 3 months of use from a product like this! I have moved onto Collection 2000s translucent loose powder, 2.99 for 20g and it is FAR more superior than this!

on 2/1/2012 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this with the suggestion of the SA at Sephora. I tried it out a couple of times and I was not impressed with it at all. I have the MAC Blot powder and that one works better than this. I hated the sponge that came with the LM because it picked up too much product so I still had to blend it with my powder brush. I have dark skin so you can see the yellow whitish tint to it.

The packaging was alright kind of bulky for me. I ended up returning it since it was $40 so I was expecting it to keep me oil free for at least 6 hrs but that did not happen.

on 12/3/2011 5:53:00 PM

Without question, this is my favorite powder and the one I keep going back to. Recently, I've tried other powders by Lorac and Tarte, but no other powder gives me the flawless look that this powder does. I normally apply it with a powder brush, but the secret to a truly flawless, almost airbrushed look is applying it with the big Laura Mercier powder puff (sold separately) in a rolling motion.

on 11/2/2011 7:07:00 PM

I love this powder. I use it on my T-zone a few times over my foundation during the day. It's not cakey, and removes/controls shine very well. Highly recommended.

on 10/31/2011 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This does a good job of setting makeup. You are supposed to apply it with an LM puff. You work the product into the puff then roll it onto your skin. Maybe I don't have enough powder on the puff, but I feel like half of my makeup comes off when I try to work this product into place. I took one lippie off for the way you have to apply this. It doesn't alter the color at all, but I wear beige ivory.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG setting powder. Is completely translucent on me if I am careful to apply it properly, and if by chance it does go on white - it can be easily buffed out with the swipe of a brush. Sets makeup amazingly! I use it to set Bobbi Brown concealer, Lancome Teint Miracle, and mac foundations generally. Also like the packaging. Absolutely adore this product!!