April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Styling Products - ISO - Bouncy Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by xlaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was given to me as a gift from my aunt who permed my hair for me, but it has been in the cabinet in my bathroom untouched for the past 3 months! the smell was unbearable to me that I couldn't stand to put it in my hair. if I do recall the hold was okay, but I was too busy holding my nose to notice :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by lmccoy24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually like curl cremes, as I feel they help to de-frizz and enhance curls at the same time. Though that is the claim of this product, I hated this product so much I could not even give it more than one try, as I usually do. I have wavy (2c), relatively fine hair that is past my shoulders, and this product made it kind of stringy looking, pulled out most of the curl, and made it feel dry. I couldn't resurrect it at all, so I blew my hair straight that day. I usually use a curl creme without the aid of a gel (hate crispy hair and usually air dry hair, so it is always crispy with gel) and it works fine, but not with this. Perhaps it would work better in tandem with another product, but if you are a fan of the "less is more" school of thought on wavy hair, I'm not sure this product is a good stand alone product. There are plenty of others out there that work way better than this all by themselves.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by fierylilone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FABULOUS detangler! I've been using this for over 10 years (at least). As much as I'm a product addict, always wanting to sample the latest thing and find something *better*, I always have to come back to Bouncy Creme because it's honestly the only product that is actually capable of detangling my hair.

I have pretty long, naturally curly hair that is also very fine. Combine that with years of color treatment (split ends) and the result is that it takes a solid 5 minutes to comb (paddle brush) through it after a shower. I've tried leave-in conditioners, products that claim to detangle, etc. etc., but Bouncy Creme is the only one that works.

After working a little dollop of it through my hair (mostly at the ends), it's like my hair is coated in smoothness -- the brush just glides right through it; no snarls, snapping, and no need for hundreds of brushstrokes. And it's not heavy or greasy at all. It's my old standby that can't be replaced!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did absolutely nothing for my wavy/curly coarse, color treated hair. No hold, definition, shine..NADA. It seems like I put leave-in conditioner in my hair and completely matted by the end of the day. Never putting this stuff in my hair ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by pamaz

Love this creme! It does a great job of enhancing curl and evening out the curl pattern in my thick, dry, 3a/b hair. I use a bit of gel over it for hold and the results are fantastic. This stuff is pretty cheap too, compared to many other non-drugstore curl enhancers. Make sure to sniff before you buy though, it's rather perfumey. I wish it came in a squeeze bottle instead of pump so I could travel with it, but this stuff is worth decanting into a jar for trips.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by MSAries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this for curl enhancement under a gel (usually BioSild Rock Hard). It doesn't enhance my curls as well as AG Re:coil, but it's cheaper and easier for me to find (at Ulta). The pump is nice for in the shower, but sucks for travelling, so I put it into a smaller travel-size bottle. The one thing that turns me off the most about this product is the scent. It's a really heavy, perfumey smell that can give me a headache. Also, I've mixed this with a leave-in and it leaves little chunks of product in my hair. But, despite all of that, it's a good product for enhancing curls and I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have curly hair, but I have wavy hair. I use this product when I blow dry my hair straight because it gives my hair great shine and bounce, and also when I want my natural waves to look soft and silky. Bouncy Creme leaves my hair silky soft, and gives it a salon finished look, especially when I blow dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by avapearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have heard many people brag on this product and I really wanted to like it too. However, despite buying it on 2 separate occassions about a year apart, I still do not like it. It does not do well on my naturally curly, fine, dry hair. It is greasy and heavy when only using a tiny bit. For me, I will stick to the products that work and this is not one of them. Terribly disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by lindsay10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

well i guess im against the norm here, cause i do like a bit of crunch. lets me know that my hair is under control. all this cream did to me was weigh my curls down into loose curls with fuzzy ends...eww. i tried mixing with gel for some hold but same deal. im dissapointed to say the least.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 12:43:00 AM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a ten year search for the perfect product for my fine, curly hair, I have finally found something which satisfies. The smell is awesome, firstly (big plus!), and it smoothes and shapes my curls and doesn't weigh down roots! And best of all, NO CRUNCH! I highly recommend this for girls whose hair is not especially thick or unruly, but needs definition for maximum curl.