April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Pearls of Perfection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2004 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ara133

I bought this in Lavendar/Purple yesterday for $0.99 at Big Lots, it's pretty neat! At first there were three shades of beads but now there is only 1 shade, but it's a very pretty purple-pink color. I tried it both with a brush and with my finger (mind didn't come with an applicator). With a brush it barely picked up any color, and the little beads got stuck, but when I followed directions and used my finger I got a nice color. Not sheer, a little more shimmery than matte but not much. Blends really well. I put it over Physician's Formula champagne-white colored eyeshadow (that I got in a free gift from Lucky mag) to set it and have not seen creasing yet. Very pretty color, seems you can get it quite vibrant by putting on multiple layers. The only drawback is I think it would be easy to dump out all the pearls! Also, I didn't like the silver cap - the labeling isn't very pretty and that's the part that is on top when you put it on the shelf. Good for the price though! I'd definitely buy again, esp. at 99cents!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 3:54:00 PM More reviews by retro_vertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Natural Pearl and absolutely love to use it as a highlighter on my brow bone. It creates a very shimmery pale pink that definitely gets attention. The package is a cute little pot with little pearlescent balls that are reminiscent of Dippin' Dots. For those who don't recall, Dippin' Dots were miniature spheres of ice cream that were a mall staple in the mid-90s. It seems funny that my first thought upon opening the container was that these 'pearls' look edible. One time, when I was using this product, I accidentally flung a yellow pearl onto the floor of my bathroom. The yellow pearl was immediately scooped up in the jaws of my mentally challenged cat. I decided to call the pearl a loss because my cat has a tendency to have breath that smells like buttocks and I just wasn't in the mood to fish it out. I should add that this cat has also consumed cellophane, pillow stuffing, and a birth control pill, so I should have been aware of the danger. Sometimes I miss the little yellow pearl. So please learn from my mistake and when applying this product, be careful. Every pearl should be a wanted pearl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

Okay, I am in the process of collecting all of the Pearls. Right now, I have Sand Pearl and I absolutely adore it! I use a larger soft e/s brush and swirl it around a bit in the pearls before applying. It gives a nice natural wash and has a lot of staying power. Of course, with pearls you have to be careful with them and apply them in stable places - but the effect is totally worth it. I am waiting for 4 more to come in the mail and I truly cannot wait to try them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the shade and sparkle of the "bronze pearls". However, an applicator really should have been included -- using my fingertip as an applicator didn't work too well with this little beads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2004 7:17:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OOOh how I love this in Sand Pearl! I got it at Big Lots for 99 cents! This particular shade is a very "your eyes but better plus shimmer". Its kind of a light brown-ish shimmery color. It really reminds me of Nicole Ritchie's e/s on The Simple Life. I definately would repurchase, but I don't think I'm going to need to. Theres enough of those little shadow balls in the container to last years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 3:23:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

i have this in a pink shade too. i like the different shimmering color effect that it has going on, but sometimes its difficult to blend. sometimes on application it can pretty much 'streak on' the different shades...if that makes sense. might repurchase in a different color since this stuff lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 11:37:00 PM More reviews by forensics96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Actually, I really liked this product- I didn't seem to have any of the problems the review below did. First, I have to admit, I bought this *solely* based on looks! LOL! It's just this cute little clear pot packed with tiny shimmery beads! It just looks cool!! I got "Bronze Pearl" which has little spheres of dark brown-bronze, a lighter bronze, and a gold color flecked with bronze. I think since these were all darker color, it helped it show up better than the other reviewe's shade- the pigmentation's not bad- not super dark, but a nice shimmery wash of color. I had no trouble with a brush picking up color. Lasted nicely too. I wouldn't mind getting a few more of these.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 8:31:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in Natural Pearl. It is all these beads that are used to make eye shadow. I use a brush and found it hard to get any color on the brush. I crushed down he beads and that seemed to work. The tone was this nice highlight tone and it lasted pretty long. I ended up by tipping it over and the beads jumped out everywhere so there went the product. This would be soo much nicer in a pressed version without all the beads.