Essie Fiji

3.5

on 5/16/2014 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

God I loooooove this color. I've worn it so many times and it NEVER fails to amaze me. It makes my hands look unbelievably ladylike and elegant and ugh I admire it everytime I find myself in front of a mirror. To be honest, Fiji's formula really isn't that bad once you get used to applying it. Glide it onto your nail lightly, to avoid streaking, and don't go over the same spot more than once, to avoid pulling. Fiji does take 3 coats to become perfectly even and opaque, but the color is so gorgeous that it's 100% worth it.

I like it more than other opaque baby pinks like Butter London Teddy Girl and OPI Mod About You (I have them as well) because Fiji is the lightest of the bunch. The BL and OPI ones are a bit too pink/lilac for me. Essie also recently released "Romper Room" from their spring 2014 collection and that is a shade or so lighter than Fiji. However, I've read that Romper Room's formula is worse than Fiji so keep that in mind!

on 5/1/2014 2:21:00 PM

My relationship with Essie's Fiji is the ultimate love/hate. I love: the color! It's feminine and classic. I hate: the formula! This polish's formula is so bad that even I don't have patience for it - and when I really love a color, I force patience.

I bought three different bottles, hoping that one of them would apply like a dream. The reality is that Fiji has one of the worst formulas I have ever come across. 3-4 coats is usually the amount it takes for it to look decent, but then you leave that milky-white pink look and enter baby-doll pink territory.

I love the color so much that I would repurchase because I consider it a staple color, and for some reason or another, a professional nail technician can work with it unlike myself.

Moral of the story: Essie really needs to re-formulate this polish. It's too beautiful to have horrible formula.

on 3/2/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Essie Fiji is one of my FAVORITE nail polishes so far. This white based pink color is opaque and not even tricky to apply as it can be with other polishes of similar shades. It's streaky on the first coat but the second coat fix that all! This shade is perfect for spring/summer season, especially when you're a bit tanned. Must have product!

on 2/28/2014 10:29:00 PM

I love the colour and experienced streaking/slight sheerness with 1 coat which was completely evened out with the second coat.

on 2/23/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite nailpolish for my toes! I have a tanned skin and this one made my feet looks classy and clean.

on 2/5/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

ADORE this colour so much. Its the perfect combination of feminine & casual all bundled in one. Since I bought this colour I havent stopped wearing it. I had to force myself to take a break so I might well have to get a back up soon - just incase its discontinued.

Opaque in 2 generous coats, lovely glossy finish. Perfect for all year round. I love it more than your average french manicure too.

Highly recommend!!

on 1/30/2014 5:22:00 PM

I love the colour of this polish. They are quite expensive, but I really wanted to try Essie nail polishes, so I chose this colour.
I took off one lippie because it makes tiny bubbles (they aren't that noticable, but they are definitely there), whether I use it with a base and/or top coat, or with none-just the polish on its own. I think for that much money, it definitely shouldn't do that.
But I still like the colour, the wide brush and the glossy finish, so I would buy again :)

on 1/26/2014 3:49:00 PM

Not sure if I just got a dud or what but the formula for this polish is horrible! Very streaky and thick and sticky.. I tried multiple times to use it but it's just really un-userfriendly.. Im not sure how a polish is thick AND streaky but.. I wouldn't recommend this polish which is unfortunate because it's a really pretty color.. I recommend a similar color like Muchi Muchi.. Its a little tiny bit darker but has a way better formula.

on 1/1/2014 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this color! I bought several back ups because I just could NOT stop wearing it! Its so delicate & feminine that it can be worn 24/7 365 days a year! It was streaky on the first coat but the second coat fixed that right up! I can never get my polish to last more then 3 days no matter what combo of base/top coat I use, so I can't judge for wear time. I love wearing this on my hands & pairing it with another Essie polish favorite Jamaica Me Crazy on my toes!

on 12/26/2013 9:06:00 PM

The color is really nice, but the brush on essie nps are so tiny and almost impossible to apply. The color is gorgeous when you take your time and really work with it.

Top Rated Essie Products