September 22, 2014 | 2150 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite nailpolish for my toes! I have a tanned skin and this one made my feet looks classy and clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ADORE this colour so much. Its the perfect combination of feminine & casual all bundled in one. Since I bought this colour I havent stopped wearing it. I had to force myself to take a break so I might well have to get a back up soon - just incase its discontinued.

Opaque in 2 generous coats, lovely glossy finish. Perfect for all year round. I love it more than your average french manicure too.

Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the colour of this polish. They are quite expensive, but I really wanted to try Essie nail polishes, so I chose this colour.
I took off one lippie because it makes tiny bubbles (they aren't that noticable, but they are definitely there), whether I use it with a base and/or top coat, or with none-just the polish on its own. I think for that much money, it definitely shouldn't do that.
But I still like the colour, the wide brush and the glossy finish, so I would buy again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ellysab11

Not sure if I just got a dud or what but the formula for this polish is horrible! Very streaky and thick and sticky.. I tried multiple times to use it but it's just really un-userfriendly.. Im not sure how a polish is thick AND streaky but.. I wouldn't recommend this polish which is unfortunate because it's a really pretty color.. I recommend a similar color like Muchi Muchi.. Its a little tiny bit darker but has a way better formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AmyMendoza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this color! I bought several back ups because I just could NOT stop wearing it! Its so delicate & feminine that it can be worn 24/7 365 days a year! It was streaky on the first coat but the second coat fixed that right up! I can never get my polish to last more then 3 days no matter what combo of base/top coat I use, so I can't judge for wear time. I love wearing this on my hands & pairing it with another Essie polish favorite Jamaica Me Crazy on my toes!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Grayson13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The color is really nice, but the brush on essie nps are so tiny and almost impossible to apply. The color is gorgeous when you take your time and really work with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Essie Fiji is one of my favorite pastel pinks. I am NC55 and even I can pull it off. This is the color that looks good on everyone. The only downside to this polish is that you have to practice applying it or better yet know how to apply it. It's a streaky mess if you don't apply it correctly. Here's how: 1. Apply your base coat. 2. Apply one light coat of Fiji (don't press too hard down on the brush, do very light long strokes); Let that layer dry. 3. Apply a matte top coat...let that dry (NYC, Sinful etc) 4. Then apply another layer of Essie Fiji (let that dry for a couple of minutes). 5. Apply your favorite fast dry top coat and you've got it. A beautiful application for a beautiful color...or any pastel color at that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by periwinklebow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a longtime Essie fan, and this polish is one of my favourites. It looks fantastic with any skin tone, and even better with a tan! The formula of this polish is absolutely horrible. I apply nail polish all of the time, and I cannot quite figure this one out. Fiji is a white based pink, so it becomes streaky and chalky. I love the colour, but I only use it when I go to the salon.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite natural opaque pink shades EVER! However...this color is extremely difficult to work with. It is streaky, clumpy, thick and takes a long time to dry. I honestly only wear this color when i take it to the salon for a mani/pedi.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by icollen8nr7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colour is amazing. It's almost a white pink but it definitely dries very thin to the point where it chips quite easily, the only way to avoid this I've found is to add a thick top coat which dries fast and seals it all in or to literally apply a LOT of coats, the formula could be improved but the dry time has not been an issue for me.
As I said, the colour is amazing, the only other similar colour I have found is the shade Nebline by Maybeline Color Show, but that gets tremendously gummy and difficult to apply quickly, both Fiji and Nebline get sticky on the nail and brush I feel, but the colour just looks amazing, not sure whether I would class it as a nude but it is definitely beautiful.
Once you've applied it well it makes the nails stand out opposed to many other pale pinks out there and I've received a lot of compliments when wearing it from people as it's such an unusual, neutral and flattering colour.
I would buy it again if I lost it because of the effect it has and how pretty it looks under almost every glitter I have tried, I recommend pairing it with China Glaze 'Nova' on the ring finger as I feel they compliment each other beautifully, but over all the colour is stunning and application can be an issue but easily overcome with 2-3 coats in my case.
Love it and it's all worth it.