October 22, 2014 | 1029 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Linamakeup

I love Neutrogena Norwegian Formula line products, but for some reason did not like the hand cream. It's very thick, a bit like a balm. Even though it does melt quickly onto my hands, but my hands feel waxy afterwards. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

No matter what season it is, my hands are always dry and lacking moisture. I've tried a fair amount of drugstore and high-end hand creams (A'kin, Crabtree and Evelyn, L'occitane, Garnier and Nivea) that have only ever provided temporary moisture and relief for my dry hands. If I didn't apply any of the aforementioned for two days, my cuticles and hands would be back to its constant state of dryness. Conversely, the only hand cream that has ever provided long-term moisturise for my hands is this Neutrogena one.

Unlike other hand creams that I've tried, the effect of the Neutrogena cream lasts for days in the coldest season. I felt too lazy to apply for around 5 days during winter once - my hands and cuticles were still soft and well-moisturised! To me, a hand cream performs well if it truly maintains moisture and prevents cracking in your hands in winter. I am pleased to say the moisture in my hands is still retained even through hand washing. The concentrated formula means that the cream will last a relatively long period of time, even with daily use. I disagree with other reviewers who say the cream is greasy and takes too long to absorb - only a miniscule amount is meant to be used. Less is more and better in this case; the cream is supposed to last over 200 applications. Absorption time is quick and there is no greasy residue is left behind unless excess hand cream has been applied.
This is officially my favourite one and dare I say, holy grail hand cream. An absolutely wonderful gem from Neutrogena.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent barrier cream but I do not find it nourishing or really moisturizing for my parched hands. I don't like the feel on my hands when I apply this, while I find that it does sink in reasonably quick my hands do not feel pampered or even well cared for. In my experience, if a hand cream spells out Glycerin as the second ingredient on the list - which is the case here - it is the type of translucent ointment which looks similar to vaseline and immediately turns slippery and washes off when it comes in contact with water. To be quite clear, most hand creams contain Glycerin, and per se there is nothing wrong with that ingredient, but I much prefer if a hand cream formula has a lower percentage of Glycerin, in favor of more oils or vegetable butters. These "richer" hand creams are opaque and white in color and do not turn into a slippery mess when hands get wet. At less than half the price, Neutrogena would be a much cheaper alternative to my long time favorite, L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream. But I am sorry to say it is in no way a substitute for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by wq13

I have had eczema for as long as i can remember and it is especially annoying when it flares up on my hands. I keep this little hand cream in my backpack for school and I use it after I come in from the cold weather and also after I wash my hands. I have the unscented version and it's a thick, clear cream. Unlike some other reviewers, I don't find this cream sticky or hard to spread. It sinks in fast and leaves my hands feeling moisturized.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in my handbag right now. It's an HG, but it's the best hand cream I've found so far. It's not the most aesthetic of hand creams. The simple tube packaging is just that, simple, but I can understand why some people do not like the formula. It's like a cream-gel consistency, but applies like a thick white paste and can be difficult to spread. I have very dry hands because of work, and also suffer from eczema around my knuckles. When I get a flare-up, when I want a barrier cream or when I simply just want to moisturizer my dry hands at night, this is my go-to product. Sure its a bit thick and greasy, but most hand creams are. And after sitting in front of the TV for an hour, it's had sufficient time to sink in and I don't notice the stickiness anymore. The best part is when I go to wash my hands and I can still feel the cream there on my skin. It's great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

I do like this a lot but much prefer the unscented one. This and the unscented one are all you need for supple and cared for hands. Great value. I have left a longer and more detailed review for the unscented version.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Rosavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It feels like very thick petroleum jelly! Not moistening at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Meh, not my favorite hand cream, to say the least. I have the fragrance-free one, I use it when I go out running when it's not yet cold enough to put on gloves but too cold to just go out. It works as a barrier but other than that it doesn't do anything for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

To start I have the "fragrance free" one. I am fine with the packaging but that's where the anything positive I have to say about this product stops.
As for the actual "cream" inside I feel like it's as productive as rubbing Monistat Anti-Chafing gel on my hands. It's a similar consistency. It seems more like a barrier cream than a moisturizing cream. If I still had the receipt (and remember where I bought it from), I'd return this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing that works on my hands and feet. Love it. It's scent free, thick and a small amount is enough. I can see how this could be greasy for other people but it's perfection on my very dry skin. Also, my chapped lips have disappeared (nothing has worked on them before)
This leaves a light residue after but I prefer this texture over the type you get from lotions.
Have repurchased this for the third time. It's a godsend.