August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use the lotions because the smell is just too off putting for me. I however LOVE the scrub. I'm an OCD hand washer/hand sanitizer user and my hands get really rough and icky... this fixes that in an instant. In the summer I also use the scrub on my feet and though it's not indicated for it I've used it as a body scrub before fake tanning. I love the apricot smell of the scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I received the fragrance-free set for Christmas. The scrub is not fragrance free - it has a light, pleasant cucumber scent common to MK bath and body care products. It's quite exfoliating---the backs of my hands are a little sore if I rub too hard---but it feels great and does the job. However, it also gives me hangnails - there's no other explanation for it, since I didn't change any other products, haven't trimmed my nails, and don't get them from the hand cream or hand softener alone. The hand softener is interesting - it has a warm, grassy, hay-like smell that I imagine would really polarize people. I actually like it. However, it's so thick and greasy that it just never sinks into my skin no matter how warm and damp I get my hands beforehand, or how hard I rub. My hands actually looked more dry and flaky after the first time I used it. The hand cream is the best product in the set - it is a bit greasy, but eliminates flakiness well, especially after using the hand scrub. The fragrance-free aspect is nice, in that it's less irritating to chapped hands. However, it isn't moisturizing enough for my cuticles (although I love how soft it makes my wrist tattoo feel). In short, I really don't understand the hype about Satin Hands - I've been hearing raves about it for years, everyone from my college professors to my online friends, but it really does nothing for me, especially for the price - US$34 for the set. I'm glad I got to try it, but there's no way I'll be repurchasing the set or any of its components.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by KCEleven11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this because I really like Satin Lips by Mary Kay. I liked it alright. The scrub is actually pretty awesome, the cream is just a basic lotion IMO, and the over night cream STINKS. As soon as I put it on (I mean this literally) my boyfriend said it smelled like burnt hair...it is super thick and really does last even if you wash your hands, but PEE-EWW! I wouldn't repurchase simply because the smell is terrible and I don't need it that bad. I will use good 'ol sugar and olive oil until I can find a replacement!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Lola0

It leaves my hands like a baby's ass :3
So soft! But the odor is a little weird...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Purchased this at a MK party and I am very very pleased. For years I've been embarrassed w/the appearance of my hands, and invested in numerous hand creams and lotions that I was unsatisfied with.
I am happy to say that I may have found my HG. Satin Hands makes my hands soft, non greasy, and younger looking. I wish I had found this sooner!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

5 Stars! I work the shipping dept at a computer repair shop, and for 10 hours a day I am handling cardboard boxes. That is so hard on the skin!! Those boxes would dry out my hands so bad that cracking skin and bloody knuckles were the norm. Then, a lovely swapper incl Satin Hands as an extra, and I have been hooked ever since!! I have a counter full of lotions and creams, and Satin Hands is the only one I use. I can't stand slimy, oily, or greasy hands! The same goes for heavy feeling creams....that gross film or residue that never absorbs. Uggg. This leaves my hands very smooth, youthful, and hydrated. As for the scent, it is super light and not noticeable unless you plant your nose to the lotion. The barely there whiff I got was quite pleasant actually. I approve. I have repurchased and will continue to do so!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by carolh78

I think this product is just ordinary and it is expensive for what you get. Yes, your hands feel great for about 1 hour. Then it wears away shortly after. I feel the ingredients are cheap and fragrance aweful. I had tried the previous version and it did not have a strong fragrance, but still felt the quality was not there. Seems like water is a major ingredient and not the enriching cream that you would suspect. I prefer L'Occitane's Hand Cream and Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Bead4you

I love this product. I use the hand cream all the time. I am very happy with the way it smells and doesn't leave my hands greasy. I just had a baby and I have been washing my hands a lot more and I was getting dry cracked hands. Itried several hand creams and they did nothing to moisturize my hands. This not only made my hand hydrated it made them silky soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jennasawy012

I love this, it makes me hands so smooth. For those of you that hate the smell there is a new fragrance free version I would recommend:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this just recently & I thought I loved it at first (the Mary Kay consultant beauty class was impressively convincing) but it didn't take me long at all to hate it.

The hand scrub does smell like apricot but neither of the other 2 hand products (cream & overnight treatment) that come in this trio do. They are so unpleasantly perfumey that I think I'm going to pass these off to someone who'll want them. I mean it's not overbearing, but it's strong enough for me to hate it when what I was expecting to smell is apricot. I don't care about the scrub, what I wanted was a very rich & effective hand cream & I thought this did the job beautifully at first.

Not anymore. I'm disappointed, especially because I invested $35 into this set that I'm not going to get back... I could refund it to the consultant but I don't want to bother.. I'm afraid I'll get sucked into buying something else instead. Well so much for soft hands from this.