December 19, 2014 | 1572 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Right away I noticed two things about this product. 1. It rivals Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream. 2. You get about twice as much product for about half the price. This heavy duty cream is petroleum based and is meant to seal moisture into the skin by creating a water-resistant barrier between the outer layer of skin and the elements. This is why the package recommends applying it to wet hands.

I did a little experiment and applied this to damp heels and elbows as well. The next day my elbows and heels were baby soft. Using this product along with the scrub and 24 hour Hand Cream provides long lasting protection against dry, itchy skin and chafing.

I used the entire Satin Hands Treatment System before going out to a recital and dinner this evening and did a little test - I spent one hour setting up for a buffet, including touching lots of paper products and plastics, which are notorious for removing all moisture from my hands. The stayed nice and moist all through the recital and dinner - about 7 hours.

I can't wait to test this against the winter elements this Winter when my hands take a beating just doing everyday things. Now that I am older I'm paying special attention to my hands, which give a woman's age away faster than any other publicly exposed part of the body. Other than gloves, hands really have no protection at all and are exposed to heat, cold, air, germs, bacteria. dirt and all sorts of things that age them. Nice to know this helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good product. It makes your hands feel nice and silky smooth. It does have an odd smell to it though that I can do without. However, like most hand creams, after two hand washes it's time to reapply, so it's not long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use the lotions because the smell is just too off putting for me. I however LOVE the scrub. I'm an OCD hand washer/hand sanitizer user and my hands get really rough and icky... this fixes that in an instant. In the summer I also use the scrub on my feet and though it's not indicated for it I've used it as a body scrub before fake tanning. I love the apricot smell of the scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I received the fragrance-free set for Christmas. The scrub is not fragrance free - it has a light, pleasant cucumber scent common to MK bath and body care products. It's quite exfoliating---the backs of my hands are a little sore if I rub too hard---but it feels great and does the job. However, it also gives me hangnails - there's no other explanation for it, since I didn't change any other products, haven't trimmed my nails, and don't get them from the hand cream or hand softener alone. The hand softener is interesting - it has a warm, grassy, hay-like smell that I imagine would really polarize people. I actually like it. However, it's so thick and greasy that it just never sinks into my skin no matter how warm and damp I get my hands beforehand, or how hard I rub. My hands actually looked more dry and flaky after the first time I used it. The hand cream is the best product in the set - it is a bit greasy, but eliminates flakiness well, especially after using the hand scrub. The fragrance-free aspect is nice, in that it's less irritating to chapped hands. However, it isn't moisturizing enough for my cuticles (although I love how soft it makes my wrist tattoo feel). In short, I really don't understand the hype about Satin Hands - I've been hearing raves about it for years, everyone from my college professors to my online friends, but it really does nothing for me, especially for the price - US$34 for the set. I'm glad I got to try it, but there's no way I'll be repurchasing the set or any of its components.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by KCEleven11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this because I really like Satin Lips by Mary Kay. I liked it alright. The scrub is actually pretty awesome, the cream is just a basic lotion IMO, and the over night cream STINKS. As soon as I put it on (I mean this literally) my boyfriend said it smelled like burnt hair...it is super thick and really does last even if you wash your hands, but PEE-EWW! I wouldn't repurchase simply because the smell is terrible and I don't need it that bad. I will use good 'ol sugar and olive oil until I can find a replacement!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Lola0

It leaves my hands like a baby's ass :3
So soft! But the odor is a little weird...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Purchased this at a MK party and I am very very pleased. For years I've been embarrassed w/the appearance of my hands, and invested in numerous hand creams and lotions that I was unsatisfied with.
I am happy to say that I may have found my HG. Satin Hands makes my hands soft, non greasy, and younger looking. I wish I had found this sooner!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

5 Stars! I work the shipping dept at a computer repair shop, and for 10 hours a day I am handling cardboard boxes. That is so hard on the skin!! Those boxes would dry out my hands so bad that cracking skin and bloody knuckles were the norm. Then, a lovely swapper incl Satin Hands as an extra, and I have been hooked ever since!! I have a counter full of lotions and creams, and Satin Hands is the only one I use. I can't stand slimy, oily, or greasy hands! The same goes for heavy feeling creams....that gross film or residue that never absorbs. Uggg. This leaves my hands very smooth, youthful, and hydrated. As for the scent, it is super light and not noticeable unless you plant your nose to the lotion. The barely there whiff I got was quite pleasant actually. I approve. I have repurchased and will continue to do so!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by carolh78

I think this product is just ordinary and it is expensive for what you get. Yes, your hands feel great for about 1 hour. Then it wears away shortly after. I feel the ingredients are cheap and fragrance aweful. I had tried the previous version and it did not have a strong fragrance, but still felt the quality was not there. Seems like water is a major ingredient and not the enriching cream that you would suspect. I prefer L'Occitane's Hand Cream and Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Bead4you

I love this product. I use the hand cream all the time. I am very happy with the way it smells and doesn't leave my hands greasy. I just had a baby and I have been washing my hands a lot more and I was getting dry cracked hands. Itried several hand creams and they did nothing to moisturize my hands. This not only made my hand hydrated it made them silky soft.