MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Viva Glam II is gorgeous!!! It's my absolute favourite everyday colour. On me it's a cement nude with a hint of pink in it. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Viva glam II lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a rose griege stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The lipstick formula is great, it's a satin which is one of my fave formulas. I hate how the other viva glams are more glossy and sheer.

For the color... I don't really like it honestly.
For reference I'm an NC30/C30
I'm quite yellow-olive
I'm warmtoned but not the golden/peachy warm tone.
I'm just yellow with a slight green cast.
I thought I'd like this color more than Faux (which looked too mauve on me)
Compared to faux it looked as though it didn't have that mauve in it so I went ahead and got Viva Glam II.
I wore it a few times but the color looks well... Gray on me.
It's a nude color with a slight amount of pink but it just looks a very grey sort of nude. I don't like it.
It's definitely a neutral sort of nude.
I've always had problems with neutral toned makeup cause they'd always look grey on me or just too... Dark but still has that grey tone(powders that just come in light, medium, dark etc)
If you're more neutral or cool toned I'm sure it'll look better. I'm pretty sure other warmtoned people may like it but for me, not so much.

All time favorite for an every day look. Goes perfect with my NC15 skin and pink undertones.

I bought this on a whim as an everyday neutral because MAC was out of Brave. It's a decent color for me, but I've found the formula to be quite drying.

UPDATE: I broke down & got this & wow am I glad I did. Yes, on me it pulls a bit brown...but I love what it doesn't do. It isn't too peach, too muting (concealer lips), or too undead. It just gives you a great toned down pout. It works when I want the look of nude lips but nothing else is looking right. And this lipstick pairs heavenly with Pink Cult blush for soft (especially fall time) perfection.

ORIGINAL: VGII surprised me. I assumed it would be awful and when I tried it on in store, I thought "yup, it's awful". But I kept it on since I was just going back to the car. Once in the parking lot I saw this in daylight and...it wasn't that awful. I was seeing the nude beige with slight mauve tone people mentioned. While in store it just looked like a taupe on my lip. I am Nw20, deep soft winter, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey/rosey lips.

Everyone has described the color very well, it is a brown, beige, gray, mauve toned (taupe with mauve undertone)...coming off a bit 90's. it is neutral enough (with/out noticeable shimmer or frost) to be made modern, but for all of us that were there in 90's...there is no way an episode of "Friends" won't flow through your head once you put it on. I would like to have this in my collection to play with, but I don't think I would actually wear this enough to go out and buy it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My absolute favorite lipstick from MAC!!! Pair this with MAC's 'Beurre' liner; thank me later ;)

This is my absolute fav lip color. It's very natural and pretty. I love it!

One of my favorite lippys! I'm almost done with it and would definetly repurchase. It's the perfect mauve nude color. A little lighter than Velvet teddy. I think this would go great with most skin tones. I really recommend picking this up.

edit: I returned all three of these that I had this lipstick is truly ugly it looks grey and sort of like blankety but blankety is nicer I will finish the tube I have now its used but after that I won't repurchase I don't like MAC nudes so far ive tried some but for now ill stick with wet n wild bare it all for a nude it's an exact dupe for honeylove and cherish I compared because I have honeylove and my daughter has cherish.

On the fence right now if I would buy this again. I have very pigmented lips, and wear my eyes dark, this helps balance all the colors out and softens my features. My only gripe is it doesn't work perfectly with my coloring! I have to dab a peach or pink gloss over it to warm it up. However this creates the perfect nude lip for me! It's the matte-er and more grey version of my HG MAC creamsheen Modesty.

Recommended for Medium Skin