April 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Scrubs - Bath and Body Works - True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mrnegyrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an exfoliating queen. I have tried a bunch of scrubs, and I haven't come across something that is similar to this yet. It has a clean soap smell. Guys can even use this one and not worry about smelling all girlie (lol). It has shea butter beads that exfoliate as well as moisturize. I found that it takes a little more than a quater size amount to get a good foam out of it. The packaging is simple enough. Just flip the top and squeeze it out. One thing that I didn't care for is that it's hard to wash all of those little beads off my body and my washcloth. Other than that, this is a product that I have bought more than once. As far as price is concerned, there is a travel size that you can get for under $6 to try first, so that you won't be out of $20 if you don't like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did actually repurchase this product once but getting the damn stuff out of the bottle was just too hard and it wasn't moisturising enough or quite scrubby enough. And, although I didn't hate the smell, it's not exactly pampering. It does smell like washing up liquid. All in all, there are worse scrubs out there. But there are also better ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was nice and scrubby and had a clean scent. The only complaint I have is the bottle. It is near impossible to squeeze the product out, you have to have a steel grip to use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

This is a nice & effective exfoliator that leaves skin lovely & smooth. It has an interesting fragrance - more like a fresh men's/unisex deodorant bar soap. I would've preferred something that smelled, I don't know, like fresh shampoo rather than this,if that makes sense. I like this & would purchase again but it's not HG-calibre.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Bloodrush192

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is some great scrub! My body has breakouts if I use anything that has sugars or excess oils. The smell is very nice, I can understand the words manly from other reviewers, I just throw on some nice perfume to mask the scent, or just go without. I haven't had a negative comment yet so the smell is worth it. Once I start running out of the stuff I just turn it upside down to let gravity work its magic so I can use it without shaking it like crazy. One of my favourite daily shower products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do love this stuff, but I hate the smell. The formula is great and makes my skin so smooth and soft, but the fragrance really bothers me. I do add oils to it and that helps a little. I also thought about mixing it with a little bit of shower gel. It's just way to manly smelling for me! It's nice to find an effective scrub that's not salt based!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sally35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel bad hating this scrub too (as one reviewer already mentioned), but I don't like anything about it. I usually like the True Blue Spa line - this may be the first product I don't like. I didn't find it to be a good exfoliator for my really dry skin & the smell was nasty. It might be an ok shower gel if it didn't smell like furniture polish, but it needs to be more grainy to be a good exfoliator imo. On the plus side, it didn't dry my skin out at all, so it does have that going for it. Luckily I only purchased the travel size when they were all 2/$5, so I'm not really out much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mindfixaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's been forever since I've written a review, but I had to let y'all know about this scrub: it's awesome! Not too long ago I developed some mild breakouts on my back and chest; this has gotten rid of them. It exfoliates well, though not too harshly, and rinses off easilly (a huge problem with other scrubs I've tried). I also use it to help prevent ingrown hairs on my legs after I epilate. I love it! In fact, I'm on my second bottle (by the way, I agree with others who say the packaging could be better). I've never finished another scrub before, let alone purchased it a second time!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Rshif554

Really nice scrub from B&BW. Gives lots of moisture to your skin, not overly scratchey, good scent, and isn't oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! When I moved to a dry climate I started getting bumps all over my legs, I guess from clogged hair folicules or shaving. I used a Corinne Cobson body scrub which I had won from a contest. I couldn't repurchase it because the only site I could find was a French site which I have no idea how/or if I could order off it. So I read reviews & deceided to try this. I've been using it everyday & my bumps are almost completely gone. I'm so happy about that because now I can wear shorts for spring. It also is not greasy so I don't slip in the shower. It leaves my skin very soft. The bottle is sanitary but it is hard to get out when it gets lower. I have to turn it upside down & squeeze hard. The price is a lot, I paid $20, ouch. I usually will only shell out that much for MAC cosmetics. I would highly reccomend this if you don't mind the price.