September 30, 2014 | 1597 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by PapayaMariah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm 14 and I've been using this face wash for about 6 months to a year. At first it worked really well and helped to exfoliate and clean my skin until the past couple months. I think my skin has become immune to it recently though, as the same thing happens with shampoos and other products. Anyway, my skin has become fairly dry and I have started to break out on my cheeks with little red spots and zits which wasn't normal until now. Also, I have blackheads all over my nose but this never seemed to take care of them. Overall, I think this face wash works pretty well but can be potentially drying and clog pores. For now, I will try a different face wash and maybe try it again in a few months.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by nefertina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this when I shower each night. It definitely makes your skin softer because of the beads! The smell is alright, a sort of citrusy one. My face feels really clean after using it. Will maybe repurchase, but I'm thinking of trying the St. Ives apricot scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

This product was recommended by a guru on youtube. who suffered from severe acne. I trusted her words and decided to purchase it. Overall I am pleased with it. It smells clean and fresh. i use it twice a week. It leaves my face feeling super clean and not too dry/ stripping my face of all its natural oils. And the microbeads that is in it was not too harsh on my skin. I love how it is affordable and easily accessible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I much prefer St.Ives scrubs over this. Its too irritating.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by ohheymeta

I love this product . I have a combination of oily skin that is acne pron. When I use this product it doesn't harm my breakouts but it tones down the redness . However due to my different combination of oily and normal skin some areas if my face would feel dried up and stiff. But overall I love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pinkgirl17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

YES! O wow!! For help: I have oily skin, mild acne, and redness here and there. It's not perfect hah at all!! However, I heard someone ( Diamondsandheels14) who is a model reccomened this, so I bought it for $6.00 at walmart. It brightens, reducesses redness, and helps my acne. Smells amazing, like fruit, and wouldn't use any other scrub. A+ in my book, and I hope you buy it and see what wonders it can do for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by anna506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a 20 year old from Australia, with sensitive & very dry skin (due to using Benzol Peroxide every night for my acne- have suffered acne since i was 13) and i can get oily on my T-zone through out the day. Ill write a detailed review including my everyday routine as it has helped dramatically with my acne. Have a read of the whole review girls and give it a try. This routine has been a lifesaver=)

Because of the Benzol Peroxide my skin is very dry- especially on the cheeks. When i use this, my skin feels normal the next day (no dryness/tightness straight after use or the next day and no oiliness. just looks and feels NORMAL). It does not irritate my sensitive skin and inflammation of acne and colouring is reduced.

Keep in mind i have used A LOT of different cleansers/scrubs. Everything from high end to drugstore. The routine below i have tested for nearly 10 months so that i could make a proper statement about it:)

My night routine includes:
1.Johnsons makeup wipe to remove top layer of makeup(every night)
2.Olay sensitive skin foaming cleanser( every night-removes all makeup without irritating/over-drying skin. Note- skin does feel slightly tight after use. However i haven't used a cleanser which removes heavy duty makeup which doesn't leave a slight tight feeling after).

3.Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub(every second night)
4.A thin layer of 2.5 % Benzol Peroxide all over face (every night)
wait 15 minutes to dry then follow with:
5.Cetaphil dry/sensitive skin moisturiser ( every night)

** note- Morning routine is different. i would not recommend using any scrubs or exfoliators in the morning if you use makeup(referring to face makeup). scrubs/exfoliators remove dead skin cells/layers so makeup will have more ability to sink into the skin and block pores.

Also, to see a difference, you have to STICK to a routine at least 6-7 months. Depending on the severity of acne of course.

Apologies for the long review. Hope it helped:)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish this could work for me, since it is a great exfoliator and makes your skin feel very smooth, but I think I'm allergic to one of the ingredients in it. When I used this product, my skin was normal at the time, and a little on the oily side. After I used this for the first time, my skin felt amazing. It was so soft and smooth and seemed neither oily nor dry. However, a few minutes later it started feeling a little bumpy. When I woke up the next morning, my skin was fully covered in a bumpy, red, itchy rash. If it had given me acne I would have kept using it, because I know that purging is completely normal when using a new product. Developing a rash is quite a bit different! I looked at the ingredients after (probably should have done that before using it...) and I found out that it has Salicylic acid in it, which always causes my skin to react. I still gave it a 3 because for a few minutes before the salicylic acid started reacting with my skin, it was incredibly smooth and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by marilyn224

After using the revlon colorstay blemish concealer with softflex, I broke out really bad with the worst type of acne ever: closed comedones. I tried so many products to get rid of my acne, and I can honestly say that this scrub has made a significant difference to my skin. I tried so many products out there to get rid of my acne including AHA, other exfoliators, and even accutane, and none of them made as much of a difference as this neutrogena scrub. Now, I'm not trying to say that this will completely rid everything and is a miracle product, because it didnt and it isn't, but it did get rid of some of my stubborn clogged pores, and smoothed down my skin significantly. I wouldn't use it every day though, because it can be harsh for your skin. For me, I used it about 3 times each week. The smell is so pleasant too, very citrus-y and fresh. Another plus is that it's sooo cheap! I got it around $5-6 at Walmart. Give this a try, I totally think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Have purchased this and the deep clean cream cleanser, though I have recently found the latter the better option at removing blackheads and is more gentle. Regardless, I gave this a four based on other factors.
Have used this roughly for two years every other night and it does a great job at moisturizing my face and revealing healthy skin. I feel it does exfoliate gently and smells great.
The consistency isnt too thick or too runny, just right, and the beads are a good, small size that aren't scratchy or irritating. There aren't too many beads either so it doesn't hurt even if you rub your face hard (some cleansers with beads really hurt my face and cause it to turn red)
I like how my face wasn't dry after I cleansed with that product. I never use this product to cleanse off my make up because it doesn't seem strong enough to take eye make up off and neither would I want to rub in my face with any beads. I always cleanse with cetaphil first then use this after for more thorough cleansing,
Wild recommend this, it is moderately priced and does a good job