August 22, 2014 | 1266 users online

Eye Shadow - Trish McEvoy - Eyeshadows

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lissy85556

I have never worn eyeshadows until I started using these almost 2 years ago. They go on so silky smooth and the colors are so beautiful. I suggest trying on something that you wouldn't necessarily like at first glance. most of the shades that I have are ones that I would never try on my own. The MA applied them and showed me how to do it. I always get compliments on my eyeshadows.
As for cons: I don't like that you need to buy a seperate case but once you do you, you don't have to buy another and it's good for traveling.
The only one real problem is that the ones uses for eyelining tend to crack a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2006 6:00:00 AM More reviews by bethhill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i absolutely adore these shadows. i've tried them all (LM, chanel, BB, shiseido, shu, etc) and i keep coming back to trish. i love the quality of the shadows: soft, blendable, long-lasting, buildable. i've yet to buy a shadow i didnt adore and use down to the pan. and i love the charger idea -- it helps keep things compact and organized. i think she is HIGHLY underrated...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mspb

I use the eye shadows in a charger. I first purchased the charger and the initial set of shadows more than two years ago. I have yet to find any other 'mix-and-match' shadow set to be as good as the Trish McEvoy colors. I find that they are long lasting and true to the color in the pan. The metallic/glittery shadows are the only ones with which I have trouble. They very much irritate my eyelids and my cheeks (as the excess falls a little - I immeditely wipe my cheeks with a blush brush). However, I do have EXTREMELY sensitive skin. They are a bit pricey (apprx. $15 per small shadow which causes the cost of my shadows alone [without the charger] to be $200). That said, I do save some money as I can use some shadows as eye liner and others as blush.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by MayLipe

I'm somewhat of a Trish fan, but I must say how disappointed I am with her eyeshadows. The look of them is great, but, by noon, the color has virtually disappeared (even when applied over a primer). I cannot pay as much as Trish asks for a product that has absolutely no lasting power.

On the other hand, I've listened to people praise Shu Uemura shadows, and today I wore a couple for the first time. It's now 9:15 p.m. (having put the shadow on around 8:00 a.m.), and the shadow is as fresh as ever! I highly recommend investing in Shu shadows. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by bastet

First off I am fan of the Trish planner concept and own compacts and planners in various sizes. They're about the handiest thing you can use for travelling and so the relatively high price tag is worth the convenience to me. Also, living in Europe, I am used to much worse makeup prices! The round Trish e/s may have contained a lot more product, but the new square ones are easier to fit into planners, you can travel with more shades at the same time and Aveda and Shu also fit into my planner pages now.

The consistency of the e/s is very soft and silky, easily blendable and they last the whole day on me (on top of UD primer potion). As has previously been mentioned the shade selection consists mainly of neutrals, but there *are* shades that will also provide oomph. Of course, Trish won't compete with the diversity of MAC shades, but on the positive side her e/s are all extremely wearable. I also made the mistake of ignoring the Trish counters for quite a long time, because none of the e/s seemed to jump at me as being unique. I've recently discovered though that my stash contains enough colourful stuff and that I need more e/s that work for everyday sophisticated looks that are easy and fast to apply without much thinking and Trish fits the bill perfectly. Also once you try her e/s you might be positively surprised that they aren't boring at all.

The definers, which are supposed to be eye liner shades, are extremely pigmented and I use those wet instead of pencil and they just don't budge! I especially want to mention the shade lava, since it's very unique, I don't know anything comparable in another line. It's a very dark brown/blackish shade with gold/bronze glitter. It doesn't look harsh against my PPP skin and the shimmer is actually visible and stays on the lid instead of falling all over my cheeks. With other brands' dark shimmer shades that look a bit glittery (MAC for example) the shimmer always disappeared on me. The Trish e/s remind me a lot of old formula Aveda e/s which I adored- it seems they were both made at the same factory in Belgium, if my info's correct. I also love Stila e/s, some Shu, some NARS to give you an idea which kind of pigmentation/consistency I prefer. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 1:24:00 PM More reviews by MustangLippy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Trish McEvoy eye shadows for about 4 years. Used to love them. Then something changed. The last batch I bought seemed different. Didn't go on as smoothly or with as much punch. And I noticed a more talc consistency than before. Did they change the formula? Am now hunting for new shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2005 12:08:00 AM More reviews by skygirl78

I am a huge Trish fan and I love almost all of her products. Trish shadows are wonderful. They stay on and blend great. Buy as someone said below in a review they are tiny compared to what they were. The round shadows are huge compared to these tiny squares. I wish she would make them the size of Laura Mercier's.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lorrainer07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They've got great colors! Although, they don't last as long on my face & not as striking as MAC eyeshadows. I have to put on a lot more to bring out enough color. Maybe it's my skin tone, I have an olive skin, so I use Trish shadow a lot in the winter only. I hate that they cut the size in half, but not the prize! What a rob on our pockets!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Jenabill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the colors, love the durability, they last all day. Love how long the shadows last. Hate the prices. Notice how they used to be bigger about 4 years ago? My oldest shaddow is 3x as big as my newest! Can't justify the highway robbery prices for a dink amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 2:52:00 PM More reviews by EmilySher

These are the nicest shadows I have ever used. Yes, the amount you get is shocking, in a bad way. But if you have the planner, it makes sense. They are so smooth and easy to blend. They are quite pigmented and last ALL day. These come in a few different options, the shapers, glazes and definers. Shapers are usually matte, but very smooth and silky, glazes are shimmery and beautiful- the shimmer actually stays put, and the difeners are in a class of their own. These are darker colors for lining, they work amazingly if you like to use powder liners, which I do. A lot of the colors are neutrals, with some racy ones here and there. These are definently worth the money for the planner, it makes organizing a dream and is easy to seperate colors for different looks. My bathroom has been taken over by my countless pots of eyeshadows from bobbi brown and it was a mess, this is such a better set up, and product!
By the way, if you are looking for a great neutral eye look- check out the soft peach shaper, with the slightly darker ginger shaper with the broze definer (it has shimmer) its a gorgeous combo. Also, the gunmetal with the charcoal definer with the buff glaze as a highlighter is awesome for a smoky eye.