November 21, 2014 | 1927 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for a few months. For years, I've been cutting my cuticles off, which provides temporary satisfaction but damages my nails and skin and leads to more jagged cuticles. So I got this. The first few times I used it, it caused my nails to peel! I left it on way less than 5 minutes and normally consider my nails to be strong. The last few times I've used it, I didn't have that problem though.

I put some liquid into the cap and use a q-tip to dab it on my cuticles. I only leave it on 2-3 minutes. Then I take a cuticle pusher and kind of scrape away the excess cuticles.

I'm actually kind of terrifed to use this stuff. I have heard that you shouldn't get it anywhere near a cut, and I almost always have a cut somewhere (unfortunately I pick at my hands a lot). And I think the bottle is actually too big. I would have happily paid half the price for one-fourth the size. I don't think I could use all of this in a lifetime. I got it at Sally's for $6.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by tekflower

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the stuff we used in beauty school and I have never found anything better for removing cuticles, calluses, and dead skin with little to no irritation or drying.

The only complaint I've ever had is the squirt bottle it's in, which I think is difficult to control and terribly wasteful. This is easily remedied by decanting it to a small spray bottle or dropper bottle, or simply soaking a q-tip or cotton ball to apply it directly to where you need it.

Not only does this stuff work like gangbusters, it's inexpensive - huge 32 oz bottle on Amazon for under $10. That's almost like a lifetime supply for one person.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

Big bottle, cheap for how much you get. I'm not crazy about the fact that it is so watery and runny but I'll live. It is good for taking off cuticles but it also BLASTS off calluses on my heels. Paired with a Mr. Pumice bar, I'll never have to pay for a pedi again. Great buy!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Long story short, I have horrible cuticles and I always have. Tearing, hangnails, sometimes bleeding, yuck. For the better part of a year I've been in quest of a product or combination of products that will work to remedy this. To that end, I've tried a number of things and reviewed several of them here. This product has made it into my permanent cuticle care routine, happily (along with Poshe AHA Cuticle Care, Lush Lemony Flutter, and Sally Hanson Salon Manicure Cuticle Eraser + Balm, in roughly that order).

I use this about once a week, on average (I usually do a treatment when I take off nail polish and have bare nails; that could be anywhere from three to ten days, so it averages out to around a week, I'm guessing). This is so easy to use, just apply it around the cuticles and very gently use an orangewood cuticle stick or a stone cuticle eraser to push back any stray bits of cuticle stuck to the nails (which happens very, very infrequently now for me, yay), rinse, wash hands, done. Easy peasy. I also use it under the tips of my nails to get rid of excess built-up skin. Sometimes, I leave the product on for a while if I've got any bits of cuticle that I feel are particularly tough or problematic, but since doing regular cuticle care, that's rarely a problem. (And can I just say how much I love to be able to say that after all these years of horrible, painful, yucky cuticles?)

I also use this on my toes, which have similar problems with dry, hard to manage cuticles and also with ingrowing toenails due to built-up, tough skin. It works well on the toes, and this is the only product I use on them, so I know that it's not all the other products that are making my fingers so much better; this product definitely works, and as part of a routine, it's fantastic.

Good product, great value and very cost effective, and I'm glad I tried it. For me, it's a keeper in my routine.

EDIT: Extra bonus! I read somewhere (probably on MUA, but I can't recall now) that this was good for removing hair dye stains from your skin, by using a little of this on a cotton pad. I tried it and, to my delight, it works perfectly.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favourite cuticle remover! Not only is the product absolutely fantastic, but the value is incredible! I pick this up at Sally Beauty Supply for about $6CDN, and although it would take me years to go through the bottle, I usually replace is annually. I've used this on myself, as well as family and friends, and it's worked like a charm on everyone. It melts away the toughest cuticle without irritation or pain. Super easy to use. I advice working on one hand at a time and transferring the liquid into a smaller bottle, either a polish one or something with a dropper. You can also just dip a brush or Q-Tip into the product if you don't plan on sharing it with anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

Blue Cross Cuticle Remover is strong and works fast. It comes in a huge bottle which will last for years as it only takes a little bit. I transferred some to a 1 oz. dropper bottle for easier use. I add a couple of drops to each nail and then immediately you can rub away the dead skin with a cuticle stick. Just make sure to wipe clean and moisturize after!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by LittleMissLawyer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of nail/foot treatments! (Available at Sally's for around $6)

For feet: I have tried many of the tips on here for removing calluses: (1) soaking with water and enough BCCR (Blue Cross Cuticle Remover) to make it cloudy; (2) applying BCCR directly to feet, then pumice; (3) wetting a washcloth with BCCR, placing it in an empty grocery store plastic bag, putting feet in the bag and tying it (!).

However, BY FAR the BEST (least messy, wastes the least amount of product, and, most importantly, is the MOST EFFECTIVE) tip I read was to squirt some BCCR directly onto a Mr. Pumice Pumi Foot File and use it in the shower on your feet. This makes my feet COMPLETELY baby smooth in a way that none of the other treatments did. I often would use Mr. Pumice after trying the three treatments mentioned above, and I never got even close to completely smooth from it.

For nails: I haven't found a great method of applying this yet. I usually just squirt a little on each nail. This stuff removes all dead skin and every trace of cuticles! I use my metal cuticle pusher and/or my cuticle clippers (I know, bad... I usually use them to remove dead skin, though!) afterward. The most important tip is to not leave it on too long and make sure to moisturize when you are done!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this as an alternative to cutting, but I don't really see myself using this. I tried it, and it didn't seem to do much but I do worry about the chemical effecting my nails. I ended up cutting them off anyway, which I think is more time effective for my cuticles. I tried it as a pedi soak too, but feel it doesn't do much that a regular pumice stone doesn't. I returned this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot be without this stuff. It makes my nails look like I had them done at the nail shop. All the dead skin is gone (I know, gross) and it cleans well underneath the nail. I even use this on my feet too to slough off rough and dry spots. A huge bottle will last you a while and the only thing you have to be careful is to not have any open cuts as this can cause great pain. Also rinse well after application. I bought my bottle at Sally's but I have seen it at other beauty supply stores. If you like to wear nail polish or just like your nails to look well-manicured and clean, I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Katyby

I love this! This is my HG cuticle remover. It works wonderfully and considering the size for the price it is dirt cheap. The applicator could be better but I just apply with a q-tip which I don't mind anyway. So glad I picked this up at my local Sally's!