November 22, 2014 | 1732 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this shampoo--another MUA recommendation :) I got my husband to use it once a week to deep clean his scalp and he loves it. Doesn't strip my red hair and gets the gunk out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo1287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells amazing, but is a horrible clarifying shampoo! I usually use Suave clarifying shampoo and my hair feels so clean and has so much body after I use it. I decided to give this one a try along with the conditioner since it smells so good. My hair after washing is shiny, but is also limp and extremely difficult to style. I should have stuck with my suave clarifying shampoo- I will not repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jacqueline101

I thought I'd end up not liking this product but I did. It was on sale for $.69 for the shampoo and conditioner. I was at my local neighbor hood store. I thought this product must be terrible to be this cheap. I decided to smell the product to my surprise it smelt great. I decided to get the set shampoo and conditioner. I washed my hair with the products. I used the shampoo on my scalp and conditioner on my ends and I'm a weekly washer. To my surprise my hair came out clean, smelt great, and it has become my favorite shampoo set.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by angeljane007

This product is AMAZING. Until recently, my hair had been super dry and damaged...I loaded as many styling products and conditioners onto it as I could. Unfortunately, it began to develop a gross, product-y texture-Now what? This product not only got rid of ALL the gunkyness in my hair, it also left it soft and shiny...I have naturally wavy hair, and I was left with no frizz.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never thought that I had an issue with build-up as I always assumed your hair would look greasy if you needed a clarifying product ..... my hair was the opposite in that it started to look, dry, frizzy and I had a few sticky pieces. I tried Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream which made my hair worse, but then decided to try VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner and could not believe the difference ..... Once a month, I use the shampoo, and conditioner followed by Enjoy's Hair Mask plus I do an apple cider vinegar rinse and my hair looks great ..... it has shine and looks healthy. If you hair is starting to look dry and frizzy, it can be that you need a clarifying product and I highly recommend VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner (they are cheap and really work.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say, I have tried many shampoos from the most expensive to the cheapest. As far as clarifying shampoos goes this one is the best and it's also the cheapest. I have very thick, long hair. I use lots of oils, deep conditioners, treatments, dry shampoos and hair sprays. All of that results in buildup in my hair but this stuff gets rid of EVERYTHING. So thankful for this!

PROS:
-smells delicious, it's a sweet kiwi smell. so good!
-it has lots of vitamins in it! its' got vitamin E,C,B5 and B3. so if you like to spoil your hair with some nutrients this has it!
-gets every single trace of product buildup out of my hair with ONE wash. my hair feels clean and refreshed.
-even though youre getting a deep clean from this it doesn't suck all the life out of your hair. some clarifying shampoos just take out everything and make your hair feel dehydrated and dry. this doesn't do that. my hair felt soft and healthy and free off any gross residue.
-any drugstore or supermarket will have this. i got mine at walgreens but ive seen it at walmart, target, cvs, publix, rite aid. you're bound to find it somewhere.
-i got mine for 97 cents! I got a little discount with my walgreens card (originally it was like 1.25) best 97 cents i have ever spent.

CONS
-none!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you want an amazing clarifying shampoo to use every once in a while to remove buildup without ridiculously stripping your hair of moisture or color and that doesn't stink and does it all for practically free...this one's a winner! Just make sure you use a conditioner along with it and the results are amazing! Especially for the mere .74ยข that i paid for it at walmart.
If i could put a -1 on value I would because you just can't beat the price, this baby works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

Okay, so my hair was coated and plastered and gummed with nasty residue from an old bottle of Tresemme conditioner, which was full of dimethicone. Basically my hair felt like straw, and it crunched. I knew no conditioner was going to make it past that crap, so I needed to clarify, but I was afraid a clarifying shampoo would be too harsh.

I looked for the Suave clarifying at Walmart, but they were out, so I picked up the Kiwi Lime Squeeze. I shouldn't have worried. It removed all the gunk and made my hair squeak like crazy. After washing, I conditioned and added a little olive oil, and put on a plastic cap and blasted my head with the dryer. Three hours later, soft, silky hair-----and if you knew how wiry and curly and coarse my hair is, you'd know that is SAYING something.

If you need to clarify, try this stuff. Just condition well afterward.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like everyone says, this is an awesome clarifying shampoo that doesn't strip my color and makes my hair soft, bouncy and shiny. I pay a buck for it at my grocery store. It smells good and is a fresh, green fruity smell. I buy this all the time. I told my hairdresser about it and she now swears by it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ridiculously cheap and works to remove all the product build-up and gunk from my hair and scalp without being too stripping. I ran out my HG Redken hair cleansing cream and went looking for an affordable option until I can get a new bottle. I bought the Suave Clarifying shampoo and this. The smell of this shampoo is wonderful (btw, the matching conditioner is great for my co-washes and conditioner styling) and it leaves my hair shiny. You must follow with a conditioner or moisturizing treatment if you have dry hair. Those with fine or oily hair will like this for it's weightless cleansing abilities. I think I paid only 78 cents for this at Walmart which is a good steal since I pay less than 19 bucks for a bottle of RHCC. I would buy again.