July 28, 2014 | 1099 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never thought that I had an issue with build-up as I always assumed your hair would look greasy if you needed a clarifying product ..... my hair was the opposite in that it started to look, dry, frizzy and I had a few sticky pieces. I tried Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream which made my hair worse, but then decided to try VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner and could not believe the difference ..... Once a month, I use the shampoo, and conditioner followed by Enjoy's Hair Mask plus I do an apple cider vinegar rinse and my hair looks great ..... it has shine and looks healthy. If you hair is starting to look dry and frizzy, it can be that you need a clarifying product and I highly recommend VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner (they are cheap and really work.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say, I have tried many shampoos from the most expensive to the cheapest. As far as clarifying shampoos goes this one is the best and it's also the cheapest. I have very thick, long hair. I use lots of oils, deep conditioners, treatments, dry shampoos and hair sprays. All of that results in buildup in my hair but this stuff gets rid of EVERYTHING. So thankful for this!

PROS:
-smells delicious, it's a sweet kiwi smell. so good!
-it has lots of vitamins in it! its' got vitamin E,C,B5 and B3. so if you like to spoil your hair with some nutrients this has it!
-gets every single trace of product buildup out of my hair with ONE wash. my hair feels clean and refreshed.
-even though youre getting a deep clean from this it doesn't suck all the life out of your hair. some clarifying shampoos just take out everything and make your hair feel dehydrated and dry. this doesn't do that. my hair felt soft and healthy and free off any gross residue.
-any drugstore or supermarket will have this. i got mine at walgreens but ive seen it at walmart, target, cvs, publix, rite aid. you're bound to find it somewhere.
-i got mine for 97 cents! I got a little discount with my walgreens card (originally it was like 1.25) best 97 cents i have ever spent.

CONS
-none!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you want an amazing clarifying shampoo to use every once in a while to remove buildup without ridiculously stripping your hair of moisture or color and that doesn't stink and does it all for practically free...this one's a winner! Just make sure you use a conditioner along with it and the results are amazing! Especially for the mere .74ยข that i paid for it at walmart.
If i could put a -1 on value I would because you just can't beat the price, this baby works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

Okay, so my hair was coated and plastered and gummed with nasty residue from an old bottle of Tresemme conditioner, which was full of dimethicone. Basically my hair felt like straw, and it crunched. I knew no conditioner was going to make it past that crap, so I needed to clarify, but I was afraid a clarifying shampoo would be too harsh.

I looked for the Suave clarifying at Walmart, but they were out, so I picked up the Kiwi Lime Squeeze. I shouldn't have worried. It removed all the gunk and made my hair squeak like crazy. After washing, I conditioned and added a little olive oil, and put on a plastic cap and blasted my head with the dryer. Three hours later, soft, silky hair-----and if you knew how wiry and curly and coarse my hair is, you'd know that is SAYING something.

If you need to clarify, try this stuff. Just condition well afterward.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like everyone says, this is an awesome clarifying shampoo that doesn't strip my color and makes my hair soft, bouncy and shiny. I pay a buck for it at my grocery store. It smells good and is a fresh, green fruity smell. I buy this all the time. I told my hairdresser about it and she now swears by it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ridiculously cheap and works to remove all the product build-up and gunk from my hair and scalp without being too stripping. I ran out my HG Redken hair cleansing cream and went looking for an affordable option until I can get a new bottle. I bought the Suave Clarifying shampoo and this. The smell of this shampoo is wonderful (btw, the matching conditioner is great for my co-washes and conditioner styling) and it leaves my hair shiny. You must follow with a conditioner or moisturizing treatment if you have dry hair. Those with fine or oily hair will like this for it's weightless cleansing abilities. I think I paid only 78 cents for this at Walmart which is a good steal since I pay less than 19 bucks for a bottle of RHCC. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by memzi

This shampoo is soo great cant live without the price is just awsome and the shampoo cleans your hair good and givea it lots of much needed volume

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is actually a really good clarifying shampoo, the best I've ever tried actually. I've tried Kenra, Suave, Neutrogena, and Ion, this tops them all. I was pretty skeptical at first because it's so cheap how can it be better than the salon brand Kenra one? Well it is and I'm typically a hair care snob, I'll be honest. I used to use salon brand hair care exclusively but I'm now venturing out into drugstore hair products to see if I can find cheaper products that work for me and this is one of them. The best 78 cents I've ever spent. The reason I like this so much is that it really takes out all the build up in my hair without stripping a lot of my hair color out, over-drying my hair, and making my hair feel like straw which half of the clarifying shampoos I've tried have done (Neutrogena, Suave). I find this to be the most gentle yet effective clarifying shampoo. After shampooing with it, your hair will feel a little more then just shampooed, like all the build up has been taken out of your hair but it won't feel absolutely disgustingly dry. It's still easy to apply conditioner afterward. I have long, thick, somewhat coarse, color treated hair. I also use a lot of styling, leave-in products, and I use a lot of conditioner so I do have quite a lot of build up in my hair over time and this takes care of that. My hair after blow drying is left so much shinier, smoother, softer, and has more body to it. My roots get pretty greasy after the second day of washing but when I use this, I can go without washing my hair for longer. The only negative (not so much) thing I can say about this shampoo, is that I'm not too crazy about the scent. It's not really a bad scent, it's just not particularly amazing either. The scent isn't very strong though so it doesn't stay in your hair. That's the only reason I give it a four, if the scent was really nice and stayed in your hair, I'd give it a five. To sum it all up, I love this clarifying shampoo, it's definitely my favorite so far and it's like the cheapest thing ever, it's not too harsh but it does an amazing, efficient job. If you're a skeptic like I was, just try it out, it's only 78 cents so it wouldn't hurt but I bet you'll love it, especially if you're experienced with clarifying shampoos. Like with any clarifying shampoo only use once a week max and apply more conditioner then you usually use afterward.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There's nothing I can say about this shampoo that others haven't already said. It clarifies well and doesn't strip your hair and leave it feeling like straw. It's a nice subtle scent - not overpowering or lingering. This stuff is not a lifesaver or a gamechanger by any means, but it does what you need it to do and for a ridiculously low price. I've only tried a very few clarifying shampoos but since this one does the job, I'll get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

I don't have anything bad to say about this product (or at least not yet) While it clarifies my hair and gets rid of the build up like it says it does, I'm happy.