August 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite expensive for not much result. Id have to agree with the previous reviewer that I have always been left disappointed with Jurliques SC. Ive also tried the eye gel which was thick & awful, and some drops that you add to water as a precleanse(??).
This does feel a little sticky but that goesaway after a few minutes. I do think some people are not using this correctly as you have to press it into the skin but it just doent do anything much.
Im not too hot on the herbally smell but then thats my fault for getting something with the name Herbal in it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Ehm can I say that this product is cr@p? Expensive and useles. Blocked my pores the first time I used it, left a sticky film and did not helpful to my skin. I've tried before other Jurlique products and I can say that they are all expensive and useles so I will never use another product from this brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sljr16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This serum is okay. Not bad but not great either. I got a full size bottle as a gift and I've been using it every night for almost a month now. I haven't really noticed any changes in my skin. No reduction in break outs and it didn't make my skin any smoother. It's helped reduce redness slightly, but that's about it - although I don't really have any fine lines so I can't comment on that. The consistency is light and it goes on tacky but dries fairly quickly. It's probably great for oily to normal skin types but my skin is on the drier side so if you're like me you'll definitely need to put moisturizer over the top. Good packaging, elegant little glass bottle. The smell is like all jurlique products - herbal and rose but as I used it at night it didnt bother me. Overall I wouldn't repurchase, it didn't do much and it's fairly overpriced for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was on the market for a new serum several months ago and after reading MUA reviews I have decided to give Jurlique's one a try. At first I was a bit sceptical - it was very expensive (45 for 30 ml in Space NK), smelled with rose (luckily very faintly as I hate the rose fragrance), it was not hydrating enough in comparison with a previous serum I was using - all in all I was worried that it was a waste of money.

It took me about two weeks to see the difference in my skin: for a start I did not get a single blemish at *this time of a month*, my pores were less visible, I was able to put less makeup tan usual to even out my skin tone. It took me about 3 months of everyday, morning use to finish off the bottle.

I did not see any visible difference in firmness of my skin or in a wrinkle that seems to be getting more and more prominent between my eyebrows. However overall good condition of my skin makes me think about repurchasing it in the Spring again - I might need something more rich and hydrating in the colder months of the year.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im really not sure if I'd buy this again. Actually to be honest I didnt buy it the first time, I got it as a gift w purchase on the jurlique website (that website really does give fantastic gifts I must say!!). It was a pretty big sample bottle, and I was super excited to try it.
First off--the packaging is so cute. I love it. I just am a sucker for classy/elegant packaging. Its like a glass/plasticky (I know, I cant even tell the diff between heavy plastic and real glass, what a loser I am), but its a nice semi heavy bottle that has a frosted look and that typical plants, calm herbally looking pictures on it. haha. I like the clear top, with the little cutout for the pump (never seen that before, how neat). The pump makes it clean and hygeinic. You can see how much is left in the frosted bottle, even more fantastic. All good news.
My skin basically has multiple personality disorder. Its oily, its dry, its sensitive. It has pink areas, it has yellow areas. It has large pores in some areas. I know, a real winner. ugh. So I'm always looking for some sort of miracle product that'll do wonders. Things that have worked in the past/been added to my rotating HG nightttime routine include the Korres wild rose serum, Boscia willow bark, retin A from my derm, Kiehls midnight recovery. Sometimes nothing works honestly and my skin just throws a tantrum. Such a night was it when my sample arrived and I tried it Jurlique.
Worked pretty well the first few days. Its a thin sticky serum that goes on a little tacky but dries down very nicely without any stickiness, thickness/greasiness or feelings of dryness on my skin at least. Melts in pretty quickly. Did not give me new pimples milia or reactions, however it didnt exactly calm down my insane skin at the time either. Shrug.
Ive now been using this for about a month and just finished out my sample, using it about every second or third night. Its okay. Dont see any miracle changes to my skin. Maybe a little overall pinkness reduciton, but no changes in pore size, oiliness, reducing breakouts, or even just glowiness. I feel like it may also not be moisturizing enough in winter when my combination skin tends to get drier.
I did like the feel of this a lot, and its ingredients, which makes me sad to give it a less than ideal rating. Excellent packaging.
Two things I dont like about this: the price (barf! who thought that was a reasonable price?) and the smell (normally I love lightly scented glamorous skincare but this is so overwhelmingly herbal and rosy that it almost stings my eyes when the fumes get up anywhere close to my orbital bone!).
Prob wont get again though wouldnt mind a free sample again. Maybe ill revisit it again in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Shamanswife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing product. Lightweight, not sticky, yet MOISTURISING. I use it in the evening, in the morning my face looks soothed, the redness is minimised, skin feels moisturised, fresh, revitalised, does not clog pores, skin looks clearer. During the winter i use it on top of balancing oil . money well spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

I love this gel! Its a little mattifying but leaves your skin tight and refreshed. I typically don't give facial products much time to prove themselves, but this one surely did. The texture of my skin is noticeably better and it really helps with irritation. I put this on after washing and before moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been wanting to try this product for ages! I finally got it in a pack at Christmas with a moisturizer and an eye cream. I had been using it for a couple of months,and it has made a big difference to my skin. The texture is nice,it absorbs quickly and smells gorgeous.I love it in the morning,after I spritz with camomile soothing mist and it smells heavenly and really wakes up my skin. It is not too heavy,and I still moisture over it before my foundation. It has really made my skin more luminous and even,and gives me a radiant glow .I love the way it makes my skin feel really fresh and alive! I have combination skin in summer,and dry in winter. I will just switch to a heavier moisturizer in winter over it to accommodate my skins needs. I tend to react to many products,but not to this...it is heavenly! I will definitely buy it again,and am looking forward to trying more of the jurlique range soon.
I am not sure I would recommend it to my friends.... I want it to be my little secret! Ha!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I quite like this product. I have skin that tends on the dry side especially in winter.

I find that in summer when it is very hot & humid this is all the moisturiser I need. It calms my skin and doesn't block up problem areas like my chin. It makes my skin feel smooth. My makeup goes on smoother over the top & I get more even coverage.

In winter this does not provide enough moisture & I usually put rose hip oil underneath first. If the weather is particularly drying I use an even heavier cream first.

Downsides: Expensive & tricky to get the last bit out of the bottle.

I'm on my second or third bottle at the moment and I'll probably repurchase. I only use Jurlique products on my face. In my experience they work well as a 'system'. I'm not sure how they'd hold up individually or mixed in with other brands/skin care regimes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pro: lightweight, smells nice,

Con: bad packaging (the last little bit wouldn't be pumped out), didn't do anything special to my skin, caused some dry spots on my face

Summary: neither good nor bad.