October 24, 2014 | 1681 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first time experimenting with creme foundation and I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, I love the easy application, the convenience of a compact, and the full coverage of the foundation. However, its nearly impossible to keep the compact and its puff/sponge clean, and after a while, the foundation just feels too heavy for my face. I think I prefer lighter foundations or TMs. But this is an "OK" product to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by butrfli21now

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this makeup. First of all I need something light and portable that I can throw in my bag for the times that I don't have time to put foundation on at home. Unfortunately the product didn't meet my expectations. It was very drying. When it goes on it settles into fine lines. It makes my skin look patchy and dry. Not Good!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Oh dear no! Just awful....even though I applied it with a brush, it looked so thick and caked on I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. I was having lunch with my husband outside and he commented on how deep the lines around my eyes looked. Will throw out right away!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by NHarbison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is really an excellent product from Revlon, and needs more attention I believe. It's been around for a LONG time but I recently re-discovered it in shade "Sand" (I'm NC35) and it's a good match. The formula is incredible - it's like you are sponging on a liquid and you can build the coverage as needed, then it dries to a soft powdery finish and it doesn't look too heavy at all! Might not work for oily skinned folks but it's wonderful for me! Give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpAddict1985

I loved the way this product looked when it was on. The color was good, it lasted all day, had a natural finish. What I do not like is the packaging and application. Putting the makeup on the sponge and the smearing it on my face, I had to pull so hard I felt like I was giving myself jowls. No joke. I loved the way this looked but I can't spend that much time stretching my skin to apply in the morning!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by selenajade

um NO. JUST NO.
1. if you have oily skin DONT GET THIS, it doesnt even stay 30 minutes, WITH POWDER
2. if you break out easily DONT GET THIS. i almost nevverrr breakout and this made me get pimples and bumps all over my face that were very hard to get rid of
3. the coverage is very light POSSIBLY medium if you put on alot so this is a nono if u want full coverage
4. i read on a couple sites this turns intto a powder? (creme-to-powder) which is supposed to be good for oily ppl. this doesnt get even close to a powder and no matter how much powder i put on it there was still a luminous finish. maybe good for dry or normal girls but acne prone and oily STAY AWAY

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Dpny88

I am not a big fan of "drugstore" brand cosmetics. I am now a changed woman thanks to Revlons new complexion one step compact. I paid 6.95 on clearance but the average price is around 12.00, not bad. The coverage is build able, I found I only need 1 light swipe with pad does it as it blends easily. The color I used was light beige and it was perfect. I have a hard time matching my fair complexion. It is creamy and lasts all day in an office setting. I had no settling into fine lines or fading. It gave me nice even coverage and concealed blemishes easily. I give this product 4.5 stars!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this foundation as it covers beautifully and wears well, but unfortunately the shades available are not fair skin friendly. I purchased the lightest shade, 'Ivory Beige' and it's to dark. I'm a MAC NC15 and it might work well for a MAC NC20 or NC25. I've heard this is being discontinued too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of months for special occasions where I want to have more coverage. On usual days, I'll just apply light make up, concealer & a thin layer of my ZA's 2-Way Cake.

So, my review for this product? I love it! I am able to control the 'thickness' of the coverage that I desired. Just dabbed a little around my face and from the center of my face, I'll blend it outwards.In which I will just lightly apply my Revlon's New Complexion Loose Powder #2 to set the foundation & I'm good to go!

Lasting power? I do blot my T-Zone every 4-6 hours. But the foundation does stays on throughout the day (for me).

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Price: 3-4/5 (Slightly more expensive for drugstore product but it does show results!)

Results: A+

Re-Purchase?: YES! But only when I finish my current one. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ladysupermarket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Im a regular user of Colorstay foundation, for combination oily, but the shade doesnt feel right for me anymore. I tried the next one and it was too dark for me. So I tried to switch foundation and bought this one. It has the perfect color for what it would supposed to be my tone, but the lasting power is not too impressive compared with colorstay (which lasts me about 12 hrs). The formula feels like nothing on my skin, and the coverage is medium, but buildable. I like this very much, not changing my colorstay just because that one has better coverage