Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/11/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my HG foundation since I was 16. I have always had oily acne prone skin. This didn't clog my pores or break me out. It's been my everyday / night foundation up until 25. Just recently I decided to try out new products but for my lazy days or quick makeup application this is still my go to. If I'm feeling fancy I'll go for the colourstay. All ways been a fan of revlon. If it works why change it. I do have to admit tho that color selection sucks. Only 5 shades I think. I'm tender peach 02. Staying power on this id say is probably like 6- 8 hours. After that I start getting oily and greasy. I'm sure powder would fix that though I've never bothered with it. Anyway I absolutely recommend this. It really is one step. Quick 1 minute foundation application and out the door. High coverage. Don't go crazy with it cuz it will cake after 2 or 3 layers

on 11/18/2013 7:07:00 AM

I saw a recommendation of this one on Sharon Farrell's (MUA) youtube channel. I think she recommended it as an affordable dupe for a MAC product.

I dunno, I just wanted to revisit crème foundations, haven't used them since the early 90s and for some reason they are all the rage on youtube.

Priceline had 40% off products, I swatched the colours on my cheek and natural beige was a perfect match for my skin at the moment. At AUD$24 I was sold.

I like it. Put it on using a foundation brush, started with it thick around my t-section then blend blend blend blend out to the edges. (i loathe thick foundations full coverage look, ladies, if it looks like the local bricklayer applied your foundation with a trowel, its slap). Blended well with the foundation brush, a little stickier than what you get with a liquid foundation, but the purpose of the exercise was to try a crème foundation.

I like the finish, a little matt but not unnaturally so, and standing in natural light its a nice finish, its not obvious that I'm wearing foundation, it holds up the blusher well, and it didn't need loads of concealer and all the rest.

Will be interesting to see how it goes over summer in high humidity - I'm hoping it won't melt as quickly as the liquid foundations do. I'm also thinking it will be a handy product to travel with, rather than risking the more valuable liquid foundations.

on 7/21/2013 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have aging dry skin and this foundation works great. I think it should be applied with a good quality sponge like a Beauty Blend and it needs to be wet. In this way, you can build the coverage you want. It can be sheer or complete coverage, whichever you prefer. I carry one in my purse just for touchup's.

This was my first time experimenting with creme foundation and I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, I love the easy application, the convenience of a compact, and the full coverage of the foundation. However, its nearly impossible to keep the compact and its puff/sponge clean, and after a while, the foundation just feels too heavy for my face. I think I prefer lighter foundations or TMs. But this is an "OK" product to try.

on 3/25/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this makeup. First of all I need something light and portable that I can throw in my bag for the times that I don't have time to put foundation on at home. Unfortunately the product didn't meet my expectations. It was very drying. When it goes on it settles into fine lines. It makes my skin look patchy and dry. Not Good!

on 3/22/2013 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oh dear no! Just awful....even though I applied it with a brush, it looked so thick and caked on I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. I was having lunch with my husband outside and he commented on how deep the lines around my eyes looked. Will throw out right away!

on 2/8/2013 12:14:00 PM

This is really an excellent product from Revlon, and needs more attention I believe. It's been around for a LONG time but I recently re-discovered it in shade "Sand" (I'm NC35) and it's a good match. The formula is incredible - it's like you are sponging on a liquid and you can build the coverage as needed, then it dries to a soft powdery finish and it doesn't look too heavy at all! Might not work for oily skinned folks but it's wonderful for me! Give it a try!

I loved the way this product looked when it was on. The color was good, it lasted all day, had a natural finish. What I do not like is the packaging and application. Putting the makeup on the sponge and the smearing it on my face, I had to pull so hard I felt like I was giving myself jowls. No joke. I loved the way this looked but I can't spend that much time stretching my skin to apply in the morning!

on 12/28/2012 9:04:00 AM

um NO. JUST NO.
1. if you have oily skin DONT GET THIS, it doesnt even stay 30 minutes, WITH POWDER
2. if you break out easily DONT GET THIS. i almost nevverrr breakout and this made me get pimples and bumps all over my face that were very hard to get rid of
3. the coverage is very light POSSIBLY medium if you put on alot so this is a nono if u want full coverage
4. i read on a couple sites this turns intto a powder? (creme-to-powder) which is supposed to be good for oily ppl. this doesnt get even close to a powder and no matter how much powder i put on it there was still a luminous finish. maybe good for dry or normal girls but acne prone and oily STAY AWAY

on 12/14/2012 9:19:00 AM

I am not a big fan of "drugstore" brand cosmetics. I am now a changed woman thanks to Revlons new complexion one step compact. I paid 6.95 on clearance but the average price is around 12.00, not bad. The coverage is build able, I found I only need 1 light swipe with pad does it as it blends easily. The color I used was light beige and it was perfect. I have a hard time matching my fair complexion. It is creamy and lasts all day in an office setting. I had no settling into fine lines or fading. It gave me nice even coverage and concealed blemishes easily. I give this product 4.5 stars!

Popular Crème Foundations