October 30, 2014 | 1666 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - Antishine

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ThoraKMadden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Talk about caking on make up! But this product...No.
It doesnt allow you to look like you caked on foundation, and it blends into your skin and doen't clog bores! I end up with a smooth and silky complexion and a tingling sensation on my skin. Best I've ever tried!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2006 9:12:00 AM More reviews by prue28

Anti Shine does nothing for my skin I put it on and it does nothing you would never know that I put it on unless I told you! The package is ok nothing great. The price is just not worth it. I got nothing out of it and wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2005 8:41:00 PM More reviews by javk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in Sephora on a slimy, gross NYC-in-August afternoon and was smitten. It matted my greased-up t-zone completely, and better than powder or oil-absorbing sheets, and actually made me look like someone who HADN'T just been in 95 degree heat. I bought it on the spot and have found that it can make any foundation or powder you have on already look flaky/globby, so as a midday touch up it isn't perfect. I tried using it as a base, and it worked a little better. Still, it gives me a fully matte appearance for several hours. It can feel waxy or heavy, but I didn't break out from it surprisingly. I'm going to try milk of magnesia (thanks MUA!) and see how the results fare; if i can avoid paying 26 bucks for a product like this I will.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2005 7:02:00 PM More reviews by esirentuesday

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i thought i had found my miracle for oily skin...i usally (and still am :-() a greasepot and this stuff helped alot. alas after 3 days of using it i woke up to 4 cysts forming in various areas of my face, including one beneath my eye that has not cleared up in 2 weeks. wont be using this again but if you dont break out easily...i cant imagine why with oily skin, i advise it,

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by TMKipp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using for a month and I won't repurchase at this price. Doesn't control/reduce oiliness as long as Clinac O.C. (can get at dermstore.com). I like the matte finish, but it doesn't last very long and if you rub it into your skin too much, it creates white globs. And my forehead broke out from using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 1:35:00 PM More reviews by 14angel19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in Neutral for $26. My skin in incredibly oily, and I've gone through so many anti-shine products, but this is the best of the best (so far). It's definitely not perfect-my skin still gets oily after a few hours-but it has been the best at keeping the oil at bay, especially in the summer. I put it on in the mornings under my make up, and by afternoon I just need a little touch up. It hasn't clogged pores or caused breakouts on me. I plan to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkie30

This product did keep my oily T zone under control for the day, but I broke out after a few days of using it. I don't normally have sensitive skin, so I took a few weeks off and tried it again. Same thing. Wished I could have kept using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 3:41:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this in LA. I say it is VERY IMPRESSIVE. This product keeps shine away with an ingredient called Magnesium, the same ingredient in Milk of Magnesia.

It is beautiful stuff, but I can get the same results with Milk of Magnesia and save several bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2003 6:53:00 PM More reviews by krakow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have Smashbox primer and love it so when I saw oil control I wanted to try it. Yesterday Nordies had trend show and Smashbox had a great promo, with any purchase you get free eyeshadow trio so with perk like that I had to try it.
Today I worned it with my primer and love it. It kept me less oily which for my super oily skin is a plus. So yey for Smashbox.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by tenaj

I really like this product because it keeps my face shine-free all day. I've tried blotting papers, but this stuff really takes away all the oil on my face practically all day. I will definitely purchase this again.