Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 7/29/2013 9:27:00 PM

Lately, I have been experiencing a lot of shine on my face. I would not consider my skin to be oily but definitely a little bit of shine in my t-zone area.
I picked this product up at Wal-mart the other day (around $9) because it is suppose to keep oil and shine under control.
Like I mentioned before, my skin is not oily just a little more shine than it use to. I love this powder! It did take that extra shine away! I bought this power in light. This powder does not offer coverage like a foundation would. I would consider it to be more of a translucent or setting powder. I am actually glad that it does not add any coverage because I like liquid foundation.
My biggest issue with this product would be the applicator that comes with it and the lid. The applicator is slightly difficult to get out because there is no loop and you have to stick your finger under it to pop it out. It is also stiff and just doesn't suit me so I use a brush to apply this powder.
I also detest the lid because it slides on and off. It doesn't twist or clip. I travel a lot and lake to take my makeup with me. I am scared to throw this into my makeup bag because I am scared the top will come off!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

-Chalky texture
-provides no coverage
-oily finish
-white residue

on 5/19/2013 1:42:00 PM

I tried this because I have a really shiny nose ... Not oily , shiny And I thought this might help but after a few hours my nose would be like dripping with oil and it was gross I was better off not wearing any powder at all and apparently it was more noticeable b/c it was mentioned to me by loads of people :(

on 3/15/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My skin is acne-prone, extremely oily, and has a bit of uneven redness. I use this powder in "light."

I've been using this powder for years and, while it honestly does not do a great job of controlling oil like I had hoped, it does work fantastic as a setting powder.
I use Estee Lauder double wear foundation and wait a minute or two for it to dry to my skin. Then I set it with this powder. It does a wonderful job at making my foundation look even more flawless and natural.
However, my face will get shiny in about an hour :(
Because of this, I use another oil-control product over it (Mac's blotting pressed powder) that works wonders.

Bottom line: I will continue to purchase this powder because it does a great job at setting my foundation. If you are looking for a powder that will control your oils for hours- this is not for you!

on 2/16/2013 4:40:00 PM

I don't know why just about everyone is saying that the packaging is horrible; when I buy it it lasts months looking exactly the same and the lid is tight, so I love the packaging. I use the Light shade and it controls the oil on my skin for around 3-4 hours before needing a touchup. I find this is a really good powder for long days at work, because it lasts a long time on the face without starting to look cakey or orange.

I wear this over Revlon New Complexion foundation in 02, and find that the combination of the two give me a medium coverage while looking very soft and natural. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with normal, combination or oily skin!!

on 1/25/2013 2:30:00 AM

I bought this since I do tend to have a problem with shine, plus I wanted a colored powder instead of the translucent powders I'm known for using, and I thought I'd give this a try.

I can't remember how much I bought it for though my shoddy memory seems to want to put it in the six dollar range.
I don't carry it with me so I don't mind the packaging, though I will admit that it isn't the best for carrying around since the lid will slide right off in a purse or makeup bag.

I don't like the puff it came with so I use my e.l.f. Powder Brush instead. I bought it in light which is just a tad lighter than my skin tone and foundation so I like how it brightens my face. It does get rid of the shine in my t-zone, like it says. It doesn't make me look cakey with foundation, but if I touch it up later in the day, it will a little bit(But all foundations I've tried have done this which explains why I don't enjoy foundation at all).
What I like most about this is that, since I recently went blonde and the redness in my cheeks is more noticeable, it eliminates a lot of the red in my cheeks without making my face look flat and colorless.
That alone is worth what I paid.

on 12/6/2012 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HATE THIS THING. I was looking for a powder to set my foundation that will help control the oil on my t-zone, but all this product does is make me cakey! The finer the powder, the better and this powder is FAR from fine. I doesn't glide on the skin nor does it blend. It sort of just sits there on your face. NOT CUTE, LADIES. The packaging sucks too and is definitely not ideal to carry around for touch-ups. The powder gets everywhere... ugh, just a big mess.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used to use this before using the covergirl loose powder, and i remember never having any issues with this as a setting powder. It is more on the matte side. They have a good shade range too. But I think I like my covergirl one better being that it is not as matte, and I have really dry skin, so I like a dewy look.

on 11/27/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It's a basic loose powder. It does the job but doesn't not last long at all. I prefer using Airspun by Coty loose face powder it my HG. This I would only use if I wasn't doing anything strenous where I would sweat it off.

on 10/5/2012 11:00:00 PM

It does it's job well. I brush this product over my t-zone and have a shine free day. I know there is a lot of complaints about the packaging but I have none to give. I leave it at home on my counter..no risk of tipping over in my purse or makeup bag. If you do plan to travel with it I suggest a ziplock baggy, the top is pretty loose and comes over easily. I don't recommend using the puff it comes with but a powder brush. I never have liked puffs. The smell is nice. And the medium actually matched my skintone, I been having huge problems with finding medium loose powders that actually are medium and not dark.