October 23, 2014 | 1841 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by aiislyn

I bought this since I do tend to have a problem with shine, plus I wanted a colored powder instead of the translucent powders I'm known for using, and I thought I'd give this a try.

I can't remember how much I bought it for though my shoddy memory seems to want to put it in the six dollar range.
I don't carry it with me so I don't mind the packaging, though I will admit that it isn't the best for carrying around since the lid will slide right off in a purse or makeup bag.

I don't like the puff it came with so I use my e.l.f. Powder Brush instead. I bought it in light which is just a tad lighter than my skin tone and foundation so I like how it brightens my face. It does get rid of the shine in my t-zone, like it says. It doesn't make me look cakey with foundation, but if I touch it up later in the day, it will a little bit(But all foundations I've tried have done this which explains why I don't enjoy foundation at all).
What I like most about this is that, since I recently went blonde and the redness in my cheeks is more noticeable, it eliminates a lot of the red in my cheeks without making my face look flat and colorless.
That alone is worth what I paid.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by LRebelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HATE THIS THING. I was looking for a powder to set my foundation that will help control the oil on my t-zone, but all this product does is make me cakey! The finer the powder, the better and this powder is FAR from fine. I doesn't glide on the skin nor does it blend. It sort of just sits there on your face. NOT CUTE, LADIES. The packaging sucks too and is definitely not ideal to carry around for touch-ups. The powder gets everywhere... ugh, just a big mess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this before using the covergirl loose powder, and i remember never having any issues with this as a setting powder. It is more on the matte side. They have a good shade range too. But I think I like my covergirl one better being that it is not as matte, and I have really dry skin, so I like a dewy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a basic loose powder. It does the job but doesn't not last long at all. I prefer using Airspun by Coty loose face powder it my HG. This I would only use if I wasn't doing anything strenous where I would sweat it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by SnappyLeeLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It does it's job well. I brush this product over my t-zone and have a shine free day. I know there is a lot of complaints about the packaging but I have none to give. I leave it at home on my counter..no risk of tipping over in my purse or makeup bag. If you do plan to travel with it I suggest a ziplock baggy, the top is pretty loose and comes over easily. I don't recommend using the puff it comes with but a powder brush. I never have liked puffs. The smell is nice. And the medium actually matched my skintone, I been having huge problems with finding medium loose powders that actually are medium and not dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've actually repurchased this product a bunch of times. I'm not sure what keeps bringing me back to it but I really like it. I do like to stick to make up that I have used before so that's probably why and because it's really cheap. I use the lightest one in this and I just apply it with a flat sponge (not the one it comes with - obviously, that's more of a puff) but it gives good coverage, the colour matches my skin tone well. It is more yellow based but that seems to work for me. It is matte when you apply it and it does keep my skin shine free for hours. Of course like any product my skin eventually does get shiny but I don't bother to reapply because I'm lazy. It doesn't break me out also. It's a powder that really matches my skin tone. I'm fair skinned and it's always hard to find a match but I feel this is perfect. I haven't tried high end powders either but I really like this one and don't see the point in spending a lot of money when you can get this cheap one that does the trick. I have nothing bad to say about this and I will continue to repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Abbixx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I normally don't wear makeup so I bought this to use on special occasions when I would need a bit of extra oil control on my face so I don't look like an oil spill at parties or events. There were mixed reviews about this product, but I figured since it was so inexpensive I'd just buy it anyway and try it out for my graduation party!

After about an hour and a half, my T-zone got shiny again, but I didn't expect it to be a miracle product so it wasn't too disappointing. What I liked was it kept my cheeks relatively matte for about three hours, which is a lot longer than what I expected. I have ridiculoulsly oily skin that gets shiny after about 30 min after washing my face, and this kept it shine-free for quite some time.

Overall, this was a decent product. Since I don't wear makeup regularly, I can't say if its ingredients will break me out overtime or will get less effective if used everyday, but for occasional uses it's pretty good!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I grabbed this at Winndixie for $2.99. I love using a loose powder that adds a bit more coverage and this does the trick. I had been using Nars loose powder but that got to be a bit expensive for me. I am not really the type to do mid day touch ups but I have noticed with this powder there is no need to. I like it so much I went and got the last one they had for $2.99 today. The packaging could be better but its cheap and works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Hayxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this loose powder. It sets my makeup beautifully and doesn't leave it looking cakey. It also controls oil for a good period of time. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by scatcat92

I like loose powders, but I hate when they are packaged like this: the lid is not secure and can easily slide off in your make up bag. I usually keep them in a ziploc inside my make up just in case.
I was really looking forward to this powder because I love and rely on Maybelline. Their colors usually match my skin pretty well. I bought the light shade, and was disappointed. It appears very yellow in the packaging. Once it's applied to my skin, it's not as obviously yellow but it has a strange yellow cast to it. I wouldn't buy it again unfortunately.