Avene Tolerance Extreme Anti-irritating Soothing Cream

Avene thermal water 57%; glycerin; mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum); squalane; carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil; cyclomethicone; glyceryl stearate; sodium carbomer; titanium dioxide. No perfume, no preservatives, no emulsifier, no alcohol. Hypoallergenic, non comedogenic, sterile, physiological (i.e. same as skin) pH.

on 5/23/2012 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this cream. My skin is sensitive, oily and clog/acne prone, the skin around my eyes and mouth is dry, while the skin on my neck is prone to a red, scaly rash. This cream, with it's minimalistic formula, solves all of those issues. I use it as a very moisturising eye cream, around my mouth and nasolabial lines, on my cheeks and neck. It's the only cream I have now - no clogging and no rashes, which for me is amazing. I use Skinoren in the morning for acne/pigmentation and although I useful use it neat on my chin and nose, sometimes I dilute it with the Avene cream on the rest of my face if I'm dehydrated .
The only thing I don't like is the packaging, which can release too much product after a while. However, I will continue to repurchase as this is a minor problem compared to clogs/acne and irritation.

on 11/30/2011 3:59:00 AM

This product totally saved my skin, it made such a huge difference.
I've been a product junkie for more than 20 years and I tried every kind of cream, toner or serum with only the occasional minor problem now & then.
The last months however my skin was very very upset: redness and breakouts, dry patches and heavy shine on my t-zone. I was desperate until I decided to give up my sophisticated routine of cleansers, exfoliants, serums etc.
I started a strict regime of Avène Thermal Water before and after moisturizing with this Soothing Cream. Make-up removal happens quickly with Bioderma Sensibio H2O. I also stopped using tap water to wash my face, thermal water works better (if you take a shower, spritz the water immediately after).
Et voilà, welcome back normal, good looking skin!
I learned that when skin is irritated, it can produce all symptoms of "bad" skin, so first thing to do is to calm it down to make a lot of problems disappear.
I can seriously recommend this toned-down regime to everyone suffering from difficult skin, especially if you're changing climates, when you think your skin got overdosed on cosmetics, when you're pregnant or in any situation where skin acts upset. It's best to do this at least 2 month before - gently - returning to a more elaborate routine, if you ever wish to do so again, that is.

on 11/8/2011 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic moisturiser for irritated or allergy prone skin! It has no frills and is very basic with minimal ingredients. I find it very moisturising, maybe a little bit too heavy for my combination skin but it is so soothing I dont mind and is great for winter months. This will be a staple in my skincare collection for sure! EDIT I am now using this again a year later (winter again) and I am kicking myself for ever straying! My redness has pretty much gone now, my skin is sooo calm and clear! Even when the weather warms up and I cant use it in the day, I will use it as a night cream. Best moisturiser ever! EDIT Sadly my skin ended up reacting to this after awhile (redness, breakouts and didnt sink in anymore), perhaps it is too greasy/heavy for my skin to use consistently after all. Sigh!

on 9/19/2011 9:24:00 AM

This cream made my face greasy and it didn't help with my irritation.

on 3/6/2011 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really bummed this product did not work for me. I was so hoping ti would because I am sensitive to preservatives and emulsifiers. I'm not overly sensitive to mineral oil though, but this product totally gave me clogged pores in areas I practically never breakout in. It did help minimize redness in my check area, but the clogged pores was a deal breaker for me. I'm guessing it might be the glycerin or squalene, not sure though. I even tried just using it under my eye for extra moisture and I got a red bump there! I even liked the packaging too, but sad to say I will not e repurchasing this again.

on 1/22/2011 5:50:00 AM

Ladies:) This product seems to be good. Is there anyone who use this product for the seborrheic dermatitis scars? I am thinking of buying it. Please, help me:)

on 12/4/2010 8:34:00 PM

I have very sensitive, reactive skin, condition which limits my choice of skincare products I can use. I had high hopes for this creme, but of all Avene's produts it was the one to irritate my skin, left it try, red , and flaky. Go figure. I am back to Trixera.

First, I really don't like the package. If I try to apply it, I allways take more than I need because i push it too much and this is quite a waste for me. The consistency is quite rich, better for dry skin. I like the 9 ingredients (or how much) composition, which can prevent many allergies. I am not allergic to it, BUT it clogs my pores (I was wondering about for a long time what product is doing that)... I won't repurchase, I have been expecting something better.

on 10/21/2010 7:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I loved the product and hated the "innovative packaging". First 50 ml tube I bought and delivery system worked well the first 8 or 9 times then seemed to get clogged. You can't unscrew the top off of the tube so kept trying -squeezing harder until finally at least a 2 inch long portion of product ended up on bathroom ceiling. Tried a few more times with similiar results -bathroom sink, ceiling or floor. I thought that I had a "lemon" tube and liked the product (if I could catch it) well enough to buy another. Same result. Called customer service and the rep sounding bored advised me that they were aware of the problem but that it was a patent issue and suggested that I try to catch the cream in a bowl. She did not offer any other advise or replacement tube. I may seem hyper picky here but don't particularly relish the thought of playing try to catch your facial cream in a bowl at 5:30 a.m. My skin is so sensitive and this product yielded such good results that I am probably going to reluctantly buy yet a third tube and hope for the best.

on 8/16/2010 11:27:00 AM

I have EXTREEEEEMLY sensitive skin and when nothing helps , this one does. It is really soothing on my face. I use it as a moisturizer, but unfortunately in summer months it's bit too heavy and had to look for something lighter.

I have atopic allergic dermatitis at one spot (bellow my eye) and tolerance extreme has caused no reaction on my face.