Avene Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

3.8

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Polyacrylamide, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Salicylate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Chondrus Crispus (Darrageenan), Fragrance (Parfum), Jojoba Esters, Laureth 7, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Gluconate.

on 4/7/2011 8:09:00 AM

Love this scrub! It is the only scrub I can use on my skin. It is really very, very gentle.

on 3/8/2011 4:25:00 PM

Great product! I was using StIves invigorating one for many years. I was happy with it until I decided to get the Avene one. My skin has never felt so soft and moisturized. I will definitely re-purchase. The only reason I haven't given it all 5 lippies is because I only started using it.

on 5/16/2010 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have not tried that many exfoliators, since I have very sensitive skin. This works fine for me, but I dont use it on my cheeks, as they are extremely sensible. But on my nose, chin and forehead, it is great.

Would I buy this product again? Yes

on 4/18/2010 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of my FAVORITE scrubs! It's really gentle and leaves skin really clean, smooth but also calm! Love it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this scrub, and so far, it is the best I have found for my skin. At the reccomendation of an MA at Murale, I tried this scrub, purchasing it at the end of October. I've used it once a week since then, and have about 1/4 of the tube left. For $25, at first this looks like highway robbery as the tube is so very small, but it's very effective.

My skin is generally pretty good; I don't have a huge problem with breakouts. I will have a few blackheads to extract when I go for seasonal facials (every 3-4 months) but they don't cause me much grief. I will get the occasional whitehead or headless bump when I'm PMSing, but that isn't every month. I have sensitive skin that becomes easily reactive, I am prone to redness. My skin is normal-dry, very dry in winter especially along the perimeter of my face - jaw and chin especially. I'd say my biggest skin issues are larger/dilated pores along the nose and cheeks, persistent dryness, and sensitivity.

This is the first scrub I've EVER used that doesn't leave me bright pink immediately after-use. I have noticed a significant decline in the already limited amount of blackheads on my nose. This is not a cure-all for the dry skin in more persistent areas like my jaws and chin, but dare I say, this is the first scrub that leaves the rest of my face feeling normal (and not parched) during the year.

The consistency of this is very nice. It's gel-like, with small beads that are very round and all uniformly sized. My first thought when I bought this and looked in the little spout-hole was one of shock - it looked bright RED. Not a dealbreaker of course, but seemed a little odd. I've used this on both dry and slightly-damp after cleansing skin, and honestly prefer to use it on damp skin.

It is a great scrub if you have sensitive skin, and find many to be simply way too harsh. It is expensive, but I've never had a scrub - mid-end or drugstore - last nearly 6 months with once weekly use. I took one star off for the fact that it's not a miracle worker; I still need to follow-up with a denser moisturizer, and I find it's rather difficult to simply rinse off the little red beads. I'll notice, an hour after exfoliating, one or two flaking off my face. All in all, it's an excellent scrub, pretty decent value/cost per use, and I would most definately buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have loved every Avene product I have bought so far and wouldn't use anything else ever again, but this was a bit of a let down.
Don't get me wrong, it does what it says on the tube- it is gentle, but as a few others have mentioned- maybe too gentle? I don't feel like it is doing anything. I like scrubs with smaller grains that you can feel working and sloughing off dead skin, but the larger orange grains in this just roll around on your face!
It doesn't irritate my skin which is good (I have very sensitive skin that is irritated by almost everything!) but I wouldn't by it again.
I find it works best on dry skin (as in towel dry it before applying) as you get a little more friction.
I think I'll stick to my Asprin and Aloe Vera gel homemade scrub in future.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Not my thing. It's definitely gentle, so gentle in fact that if I apply moisturiser directly after using it and then foundation on top, the foundation still collects in little cakey dry deposits - most unappealing! I can scrub like my life depends on it, rinse well and pat gently dry and I'll still see flakes on my nose and forehead. My skin's a bit flakey, yeah, but not badly so.

It smells pretty, it's reasonably easy to wash off although could be easier, it doesn't scratch or irritate my skin (which is fairly sensitive) and doesn't leave a film that I can detect but as a supposed flake buster and skin smoother it really doesn't cut it. At all. If it were sold by some bargain brand in a nice big tub for three quid I'd say 'good work' to whoever dreamt it up, but nearly £10 for a tiny little bottle of mediocre scrub? Pull the other one Avène, it's got bells on!

on 10/22/2009 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love it. I love Avene sunscreen, which is a physical block rather than chemical. I hated the smell. Hated. On the plus side, a little bit goes a long way. I used it for a few days but felt that my Cerave, with the addition of some Queen Helene scrub, worked better and definitely smelled better. Also, I felt like I needed to use a toner (I mix witch hazel and rosewater), which sort of defeats the purpose of a cleanser.

on 10/20/2009 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the scrub. I think, among all the Avene stuff, it s the only one I really like. It is gentle, doesn t crack the skin , doesn t irritate my skin , and it does it s job properly.

on 10/19/2009 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm in germany now and the weather change is making my skin act up a lot. I went to the pharmacy to look for a scrub since I couldn't find St.Ives anywhere and I ran out of sugar to make my own. My skin now is pretty dry, with peeling aroung my mouth and nose (ugh!). So after a few minutes of confusion as to what I wanted the pharmacist went in the back and brought this out, I wasn't in any state to ask for anything different since my german is pretty awful. Anway, after using it the first time I noticed that overall my skin was very soft, but still had those dry flakey spots. After two uses along with my usual moisturizer they decreased greatly before disappearing. It's not as rough as my usual apricot, but I'm desperate and this seems to work when I gave it a little time. I like how it risnes clean and it didn't leave me red faced. I still can't read the ingredients or if has any chemical exfoliants in it so to me it's just a very gentle scrub with tiny round beads and a nice scent. I like it, and if I can't find anything a little stonger, I'll continue to buy it from the pharmacy. It was 13 euros, so that's roughly 19.50 american. Not much product for the price, but it is a quality product. I recommend this for very sensitive types who aren't suffering from extreme flakes. The pharmacist told me to take it twice a week (lol), but I think I can use this every day with no problems.