November 22, 2014 | 1601 users online

Skincare - Face - Dr. Bronner's - Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been struggling with bacne this summer and I decided to try this soap on a whim to see if there would be any improvement. I am glad that I did! I didn't notice too much change up until the second week of using this soap but nonethmess, my skin is on the mend. I use a quarter sized amount on a Salux cloth and thats more than enough for my entire body. I like the fact thst the soap rinses clean, and a very small amount goes a long way. I have also used this soap in a pinch for cleaning around the house. This is a great multi purpose product that should be a staple in everyones home.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

After years of struggling to find the perfect facial cleanser. Most of them always make my skin itchy or nasty breakout. Finally, I've found my holy grail facial cleanser! I've been using it for three months - only every morning. It keeps under control with excessive oil production and less breakouts. I've been using it for three months and haven't had a big zit yet.

I don't use it straight from the bottle because it is too harsh for my facial skin. The bottle is three times more concentrated than regular liquid soaps. I wet my hands then I take only one drop of it and lather it up. I rub it gently on my face and I also massage for a little bit then clean it off with tepid water. It is very effective than all drugstore cleansers and dirt cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oily/acne prone skin and love the Dr. Bonner's tea tree as a face and body wash. I do use this directly from the bottle without any dilution.

An added bonus I discovered by accident is that it helps with the ingrown hair on my legs due to epilating. What I do is use the Dr. Bronner's (no dilution) on my legs like a body wash. I will then lightly use a Mr. Pumice bar (the light purple one) on my legs. Be sure your legs are either submurged in water while using the bar or directly under running water or it will be too scratchy. Long story short, my ingrowns have pretty much disappeared and it's because of the Dr. Bronners. I know this because I was using the pumice bar before I started using Dr. B and didn't have the same results.

So if you suffer from ingrown hair I highly suggest you try the Dr. Bronner's tea tree as well as exfoliating.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want to be into tea tree, but I'm just not. It smells too medicinal for me. I tend towards dry skin, and tea tree is good for oily skin, so no loss. The smell is too astringent for me to want to use as an all-purpose cleaner either. The only dr bronners I wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by FootballVP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the bar version of the Tea Tree soap. I purchased it hoping it would keep my acne prone skin in check.
After three weeks of 2x /day use (with a clarisonic too) the acne redness calmed a bit but, the zits still kept coming.

Also, the soap left a slick residue on my face. I found myself rinsing and rinsing to no avail. I noticed a residue in our sink as well.

I prefer to use natural products as long as they work well for me. This one, however, did not.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by rayjbady

This stuff lasts forever, and I've been using it for about a month now and have noticed that my bacne breakouts have drastically reduced. Also, if you've ever heard of the term "squeaky clean".... this is it. As in your skin will squeak. I don't personally mind this- I love my Clinique facial soap for the same reason- it removes all the oils on my skin.
Smells like motor oil though, Definitely don't buy if scent is a selling point for you. It does wear off as soon as you rinse it, but your bathroom will smell a bit off for half an hour.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Heals well if you have eye/small skin irritations (cuts). Mix a little with baby mild liquid for cleaning to give house a fresh scent. Use it for body washing only if you like to smell like an old Depends wearing grandma. Wash your face with it only at night when no one comes near you. The scent fades if you use it as hand wash, otherwise this is definitely what it smells like and it's not pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Branwynmars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

We use the liquid unscented version of this soap as well at home. I prefer the bar soap for my face and body. It leaves my body feeling clean and fresh, not dry. Also, I used to itch all the time, especially my legs and would sometimes use a hairbrush I itched so much! I haven't had any scratch marks in over a year! I buy this in bulk for less than the soaps that are usually at the grocery store. I will continue to use this soap indefinitely!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by honeybudzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

all i have to say is booooooo! I bought this stuff to use as a body wash but now i have 2 giants zits on one shoulder 3 giants zits on the other, a few small ones on my chest and 1 on my hip (?????) awful awful awful!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only use this as a brush cleanser. I chose it over all the other ones because Bronners varieties because tea tree oil is antibacterial/viral/fungal/etc and it can also be drying, so I thought that would help with drying time.

PROS: Unbelievably concentrated, even when diluted. If you are using it straight you seriously only need 1 drop to do anything. Simple ingredients with no filler like dyes, fragrance, etc. Great price, will last forever.

CONS: I know it has tons of oil in it, but I thought that since so many said it cleans well, it must not be a problem. WRONG. The oil leaves a very noticeable residue on brushes. But here's the thing about it: it only shows up the more you clean your brushes. At first removes only makeup, but if you try to clean an already clean brush, it just ends up leaving residue behind. It also leaves a residue if you can't make it foam. For example, it works fine on kabukis and brushes you swirl since that motion easily makes it foam, but it doesn't work on tightly packed bristles, firm bristles, and things you don't swirl with. In these cases, using more only increases the residue, dries the bristles out, and leaves them with stray lifeless hairs. And it is NOT truly deep cleaning at all. Case in point: Revlon PhotoReady. Just try it. It will just start leaving a residue instead.

OTHER THOUGHTS: I live in Vermont. "Made in Vermont" is supposed to be used as a sign of quality, but it means nothing because MiV things I've used were overpriced for the quality or just lacked quality in the first place. This soap smells like the kind of scent I'd encounter in a store selling primarily MiV items for tourists or as a gimmick. "All natural", kinda nostalgic/old, and disingenuous more than anything. I am tolerant of many things and don't mind scents, so I didn't mind that I didn't have a chance to smell this before I got it. It was not available locally so I asked somebody to pick it up on a long trip. I wouldn't mind the scent so much if it didn't linger. But it lingers on ANYTHING it touches, no matter how you dilute it. I can smell it on every makeup brush as I use them. I've got used to it, but it's worth mentioning. Also this stuff has to be diluted. I have used it straight a couple times, but it just reinforces the cons I listed above.

OVERALL: The fact that it can leave a residue means it fails at it's job of CLEANING. It should easily rinse off. I'd recommend this only for swirly type brushes and easily to remove/light makeup. I'll never buy a Bronners again though since plain shampoo is better. I still will use it up on not that dirty brushes or a a "pre" cleanser but that's all.