April 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Skincare - Face - Dr. Bronner's - Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by FootballVP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the bar version of the Tea Tree soap. I purchased it hoping it would keep my acne prone skin in check.
After three weeks of 2x /day use (with a clarisonic too) the acne redness calmed a bit but, the zits still kept coming.

Also, the soap left a slick residue on my face. I found myself rinsing and rinsing to no avail. I noticed a residue in our sink as well.

I prefer to use natural products as long as they work well for me. This one, however, did not.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by rayjbady

This stuff lasts forever, and I've been using it for about a month now and have noticed that my bacne breakouts have drastically reduced. Also, if you've ever heard of the term "squeaky clean".... this is it. As in your skin will squeak. I don't personally mind this- I love my Clinique facial soap for the same reason- it removes all the oils on my skin.
Smells like motor oil though, Definitely don't buy if scent is a selling point for you. It does wear off as soon as you rinse it, but your bathroom will smell a bit off for half an hour.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Heals well if you have eye/small skin irritations (cuts). Mix a little with baby mild liquid for cleaning to give house a fresh scent. Use it for body washing only if you like to smell like an old Depends wearing grandma. Wash your face with it only at night when no one comes near you. The scent fades if you use it as hand wash, otherwise this is definitely what it smells like and it's not pleasant.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Branwynmars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

We use the liquid unscented version of this soap as well at home. I prefer the bar soap for my face and body. It leaves my body feeling clean and fresh, not dry. Also, I used to itch all the time, especially my legs and would sometimes use a hairbrush I itched so much! I haven't had any scratch marks in over a year! I buy this in bulk for less than the soaps that are usually at the grocery store. I will continue to use this soap indefinitely!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by honeybudzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

all i have to say is booooooo! I bought this stuff to use as a body wash but now i have 2 giants zits on one shoulder 3 giants zits on the other, a few small ones on my chest and 1 on my hip (?????) awful awful awful!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only use this as a brush cleanser. I chose it over all the other ones because Bronners varieties because tea tree oil is antibacterial/viral/fungal/etc and it can also be drying, so I thought that would help with drying time.

PROS: Unbelievably concentrated, even when diluted. If you are using it straight you seriously only need 1 drop to do anything. Simple ingredients with no filler like dyes, fragrance, etc. Great price, will last forever.

CONS: I know it has tons of oil in it, but I thought that since so many said it cleans well, it must not be a problem. WRONG. The oil leaves a very noticeable residue on brushes. But here's the thing about it: it only shows up the more you clean your brushes. At first removes only makeup, but if you try to clean an already clean brush, it just ends up leaving residue behind. It also leaves a residue if you can't make it foam. For example, it works fine on kabukis and brushes you swirl since that motion easily makes it foam, but it doesn't work on tightly packed bristles, firm bristles, and things you don't swirl with. In these cases, using more only increases the residue, dries the bristles out, and leaves them with stray lifeless hairs. And it is NOT truly deep cleaning at all. Case in point: Revlon PhotoReady. Just try it. It will just start leaving a residue instead.

OTHER THOUGHTS: I live in Vermont. "Made in Vermont" is supposed to be used as a sign of quality, but it means nothing because MiV things I've used were overpriced for the quality or just lacked quality in the first place. This soap smells like the kind of scent I'd encounter in a store selling primarily MiV items for tourists or as a gimmick. "All natural", kinda nostalgic/old, and disingenuous more than anything. I am tolerant of many things and don't mind scents, so I didn't mind that I didn't have a chance to smell this before I got it. It was not available locally so I asked somebody to pick it up on a long trip. I wouldn't mind the scent so much if it didn't linger. But it lingers on ANYTHING it touches, no matter how you dilute it. I can smell it on every makeup brush as I use them. I've got used to it, but it's worth mentioning. Also this stuff has to be diluted. I have used it straight a couple times, but it just reinforces the cons I listed above.

OVERALL: The fact that it can leave a residue means it fails at it's job of CLEANING. It should easily rinse off. I'd recommend this only for swirly type brushes and easily to remove/light makeup. I'll never buy a Bronners again though since plain shampoo is better. I still will use it up on not that dirty brushes or a a "pre" cleanser but that's all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I find this scent pleasing because I love tea tree scents.
I'm using this and the rose soap for my face and they are working very well in keeping breakouts at bay, even though they are a little drying. Should be great for summer.
Definitely would like to purchase this scent again in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

The best makeup brush cleanser I have ever used. I love and use the rose and almond soap but I have a bottle of this for my brush cleansing as tea tree essential oil has antibacterial properties. Just need a bit to get all my makeup brushes clean and soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by mereneuman

I love this product! I use it to wash my hair and body every day and my skin glows and my hair feels so clean. I used to swear by black soap but this has definitely won me over. I have very oily skin and hair and I've seen a huge change in the way my skin and hair feel and look. I was a bit wary of the price because I am really cheap when it comes to hair and body products, but I use this for everything and I've barely made a dent in the bottle. Love, love, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I first purchased this in peppermint and I use that as a bodywash, it is amazing; however, I used it on my face, and I realized that I did not like the peppermint feeling on the skin on my face. I purchased this instead to use as a makeup remover/facewash and it is perfect. I can feel it cleaning and purging my skin and this has become a wonderful part of my daily skin routine. I also let my Boo use it and he loves it for his skin as well, he also used it as a shampoo and followed it up with Argan oil in his hair and he said his hair felt amazing (I dont understand how he could tell but I just went with it). I suggest this for anyone that wants to switch to an organic skin care regimen but does not want to skimp on the cleaning properties. Tea tree oil is an amazing skin toner and skin astringent...

Make sure you use sparingly, only one drop is needed to clean your entire face thoroughly.

I plan on using this forever, I will sit out my old bar soaps and fragrant body washes for my guests, this will be the only thing I use to wash going forward.