August 1, 2014 | 1046 users online

Eye Primer - Clinique - Touch Base for Eyes in Up-Lighting

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the third color I have tried in this product and my favorite so far. It has enough color that I use it as a daytime eye shadow not a primer. I like a more natural look for the office and this is enough but still looks like I am wearing a little makeup. Touch Base is one of the only eye shadows that actually stays on all day and doesn't crease (unless it's really hot out). My eyes are very sensitive and easily irritated by little crumbs from powder eyeshadows so I am switching to all cream products. This product doesn't irritate my eyes at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by kandcats

I love Touch Base in Uplighting! I have dark brown hair with brownish green eyes and a fair to medium skin tone. This brings out the green in my eyes and I love how it looks. Lasts very well without creasing but I do layer it over Urban Decay primer potion. I've used this as a shadow on its own and as a base to layer other shadow over. It is one product that I am never without and I've purchased it several times. It is easy to apply both with your fingers or a make up brush designed for creme eye shadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I've been using this product for a few years, but I've decided that it isn't worth it. I like it on the days when I don't want to wear shadow, so I just sweep this on with my fingers to even out my skin tone on my lids (I have pale skin). My understanding of this product is that it is supposed to work as a tinted primer, but I just don't think it is that effective at making my shadow stay. My foundation does a better job of that. I have also had the drying out problem as well, so that the last little bit goes in the trash. I can see why some people would really like this product, though. It just depends on what you want to use it for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 5:57:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this eyeshadow. I rediscovered it, because I prefer to apply my makeup with fingers instead of brushes. This is a beautiful taupe-ish color, with a nice formula that glides on easily. I have not had the drying-out problem that others mention; I make sure to close the compact tightly after every use. I favor really simple eye looks except for special occasions, and this shadow looks right day or night. And it wears wonderfully: no creeping, creasing, or fading. This is basically my HG eyeshadow and if Clinique ever dc's it I don't know what I will do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2005 7:16:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

Just finished one 'pot'. Love its cute packaging!! ^.^ I'm an AAB-MMM, but I decided to buy this color (a darker brown) - since I use mainly brown color eyeshadows. I'm glad I did choose this color instead of more neutral color as the Clinique SA recommended. I have combo/oily skin & my eyeshadows tends to crease at the end of the day. But since I use this base, buh-bye creasing!! It makes my eyeshadows color more 'bold' too! Since as an AAB I found it's pretty hard to find brown eyeshadows that would look 'brown enough' - but this base really help! Application is very easy, too - just use your ring finger! No need of fancy smancy brush. I will more than likely to repurchase - but I'd like to try Clinique newer eyeshadow base called: touch tint.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2005 6:30:00 PM More reviews by expatgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful shimmery taupe that takes a little practice to apply, but becomes addictive. Love the way it doesn't crease and is a real basic for most eye colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 5:55:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love this! It's very bright and can really make eyes *pop*. As with all Touch Base for Eyes I just adore the quality on this! Use this as a base to make eye shadow last all day crease free. Enjoy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2003 7:42:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

Touch Base has GOT to be one of the best quality shadows ever. I keep going back to it again and again. There is just .045 oz. of product in each little (and cute!) compact, but it's worth every penny of the $13 price tag because it lasts quite a long time.

Up-Lighting is a slightly pearly/shimmery, neutral medium mocha shade that should work with just about everyone's coloring.

Touch Base comes with no applicator, it must be applied with the fingertip or other applicator. Just put a little on the eyelid and you will have crease-free, flake-free, fadeproof color all day long and then some!

DEFINITELY a re-purchase for me! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2003 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An old favorite I've repurchased several times. The color suits me very well and looks subtle and gorgeous alone, which is how I wear it. A shimmery mauvey taupe, sort of a cross between Chanel Vega and Puck. I do have the drying-out problem, especially since I keep it forever before hitting bottom or discarding it. I have to rub my finger or brush quite forcefully over the surface to get enough color. If not for that problem, it would be HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by mgirten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never had any problems with mine drying out - I'm on my second container already so I use it pretty fast. Recently, I've noticed that I end up with sparkles from the product under my eyes. Not a good look at 9 in the morning! I think it's a good product though - with or without eye shadow. There color selection is really limited though.