October 24, 2014 | 1687 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by 1s4bel4

I'm so impressed with this product. I saw all the reviews and decided to buy it. After one use, my dandruff is pretty much gone. Yay :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by huminahuminahuminahumina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started to use this upon a dermatologist's recommendation. I had no expectations of it, but it dramatically reduced the amount of hair I was losing per day. It does need to stay in contact with the scalp for at least 5 minutes in order to be effective, however; so I put it in a needle-nose bottle, shake it up with some water, make parts in my hair, put it on my scalp and let it sit for about 15 minutes before getting in the shower to rinse it off. It has been very effective. My insurance covers me for only 1 4 oz. bottle a month of the rx 2% ketoconazole shampoo. So, I alternate with this and some others to wash my scalp every day. I'm now losing only about 8 hairs a day in the shower, and I see no hairs on the pillow or the floors or trailing down my back.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Xrysali12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best for dandruff and psoriasis.... The best. A miracle. I have bad psoriasis and i even apply on body and it disappears loveeeee

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been dealing with dandruff for several years now and I've tried everything: Head and Shoulders, Selsun Blue, T-Gel, T-Sal, and Tea Tree Oil shampoo. I'd left this for last, as it is pretty expensive, but I read the glowing reviews, so I had high hopes for it. I used it faithfully for three months, but there was no difference in the condition of my scalp. On the plus side, it was less drying to my hair than the Tea Tree Oil shampoo I had used (Trader Joe's), but it still didn't help the dandruff. I guess I'm going to have to break down and go to the doctor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had the worst dandruff ever. Tenacious, too. And this cleared it up in just two weeks. What I like about it is that it's more of a treatment, leaving you free to use your preferred choice of shampoo for daily washing. I disliked drugstore shampoos like Head and Shoulders because it's always too heavy for my fine, limp hair - I needed the extra volume boost too.

It's very easy to use - squeeze out the clear pink liquid, spread around my scalp, massage it in a little, and leave on for about 5 minutes. Then I rinse it out and use my everyday shampoo. It works perfectly!

Very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ryokokoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is great with the mild dandruff I have during certain times of the year, but what is also great about it is that the main ingredient has also shown signs of reducing shedding. This is something I've read about in random bouts of research and so decided to try it solely for that reason. From time to time I get dht related excessive shedding due to an ovarian condition that causes hormonal imbalance. When I use this product for long periods of time, I do notice a reduction of that shedding. The smell isn't too bad either, and I only have to use it as directed on the bottle, every couple days.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by PhiaLove627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a secret: I have dandruff. When you're a redhead, most everyone assumes that you have the most beautiful scalp the world has ever seen because, and according to my mother, "redhair is a cascading waterfall of autumn leaves and fire". But sadly, that is not so. It started when I was about 7 or 8, so I've had this problem for a long time. This shampoo is the only thing that has made my scalp feel clean, fresh, and flake free. Don't use this everyday because it will dry your hair out. I don't wash my hair every day because I have medium thick hair that will frizz out of control if I do. I use this about two-three times a week to keep up. My only problem with this is that it will not cure your dandruff, but it will clear it up as long as you use it at least twice a week. Check this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

i have very bad dandruff problem ever since puberty. Nothing really works for me (Head&Shoulders, or even the T-gel from Neutrogena that i eventually became allergic too). I also tried Klorane's shampoo for greasy hair (dandruff and greasy always go hand in hand for me). it worked for a while then stopped working....Nizoral really is the best. Not only it makes my hair light weighted and frech, it also prevents the itchiness and dandruff. My problem improved so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cruellamcdrag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on approx. my 8th bottle of this right now. I don't know what I would do without it, honestly.

I get really bad dandruff during any times of great stress, which for me unfortunately is almost always. Head and Shoulders has worked for me in the past, but I would have to wash daily with it to maintain my scalp. I just can't do that, my hair is curly and using something so drying on a daily basis is a no-go (whenever I use dandruff shampoos my fingertips literally dry up like raisins and it takes 2 different body lotions and half an hr after a shower to get them back to normal).

So I use the Nizoral, only once weekly for maintenance. To combat the drying effects I warm it up and suds it up in my hands before applying it directly to my scalp with my fingertips. This keeps me from needlessly using it on the length of my hair, which doesn't need the medication or the drying. I leave it in while I comb some conditioner through my length, so that winds up being about 15-20 minutes usually. I deep condition and treat my scalp at the same time :).

I do buy the larger size from my local walmart, which keeps me from feeling like I spend a fortune, but it's still irritating because I do run out fairly frequently. But it's worth it. My scalp feels so healthy and I never think about flakes, unless I forego using this for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by maozilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started suffering from bad dandruff (large flakes, and dragging a fingernail across my scalp would result in a massive amount of flaking--sorry if that's TMI, haha) shortly after puberty. This lasted for most of the latter part of my high school years, got a little better during my early adulthood, and in the past 2 years has gotten worse again.

I tried a variety of things, including Head & Shoulders and using virgin coconut oil as a scalp treatment. None of these yielded any significant results. After doing a little more research, I discovered Nizoral and picked up a bottle.

I noticed instant improvement after the first wash. I still had a few flakes, but it was at least 70% better than what I was used to. The usage directions instruct that you use Nizoral twice a week for about a month, and then lessen the usage to once a week for maintenance. I found using Nizoral more than once a week is too drying for my hair and scalp, so I've been sticking to a once-a-week routine.

I have been using Nizoral for about a month and a half now, and my dandruff situation is massively improved. I still do have a few flakes here and there, but it's mostly negligible (I'd say 90%-95% improvement at this point). It's so nice to not have to worry about "flaking" onto my clothing or checking my hair for noticeable specks of white.

This is my once-a-week routine: Before getting into the shower, I use a paddle brush and lightly rake the bristles across my scalp to loosen any flakes on the surface. I get into the shower, wet my hair, and use Nizoral just on my scalp, and my normal shampoo on the rest of my hair. I wait for a bit to let the Nizoral do its work (usually will wash my face or do something else during this period). After waiting, I rinse out the shampoo and follow up with a deep conditioning treatment.

So far Nizoral has done wonders for me. I will update this review if I ever find it stops working.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No