April 16, 2014 | 1417 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had the worst dandruff ever. Tenacious, too. And this cleared it up in just two weeks. What I like about it is that it's more of a treatment, leaving you free to use your preferred choice of shampoo for daily washing. I disliked drugstore shampoos like Head and Shoulders because it's always too heavy for my fine, limp hair - I needed the extra volume boost too.

It's very easy to use - squeeze out the clear pink liquid, spread around my scalp, massage it in a little, and leave on for about 5 minutes. Then I rinse it out and use my everyday shampoo. It works perfectly!

Very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ryokokoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is great with the mild dandruff I have during certain times of the year, but what is also great about it is that the main ingredient has also shown signs of reducing shedding. This is something I've read about in random bouts of research and so decided to try it solely for that reason. From time to time I get dht related excessive shedding due to an ovarian condition that causes hormonal imbalance. When I use this product for long periods of time, I do notice a reduction of that shedding. The smell isn't too bad either, and I only have to use it as directed on the bottle, every couple days.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by PhiaLove627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a secret: I have dandruff. When you're a redhead, most everyone assumes that you have the most beautiful scalp the world has ever seen because, and according to my mother, "redhair is a cascading waterfall of autumn leaves and fire". But sadly, that is not so. It started when I was about 7 or 8, so I've had this problem for a long time. This shampoo is the only thing that has made my scalp feel clean, fresh, and flake free. Don't use this everyday because it will dry your hair out. I don't wash my hair every day because I have medium thick hair that will frizz out of control if I do. I use this about two-three times a week to keep up. My only problem with this is that it will not cure your dandruff, but it will clear it up as long as you use it at least twice a week. Check this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

i have very bad dandruff problem ever since puberty. Nothing really works for me (Head&Shoulders, or even the T-gel from Neutrogena that i eventually became allergic too). I also tried Klorane's shampoo for greasy hair (dandruff and greasy always go hand in hand for me). it worked for a while then stopped working....Nizoral really is the best. Not only it makes my hair light weighted and frech, it also prevents the itchiness and dandruff. My problem improved so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cruellamcdrag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on approx. my 8th bottle of this right now. I don't know what I would do without it, honestly.

I get really bad dandruff during any times of great stress, which for me unfortunately is almost always. Head and Shoulders has worked for me in the past, but I would have to wash daily with it to maintain my scalp. I just can't do that, my hair is curly and using something so drying on a daily basis is a no-go (whenever I use dandruff shampoos my fingertips literally dry up like raisins and it takes 2 different body lotions and half an hr after a shower to get them back to normal).

So I use the Nizoral, only once weekly for maintenance. To combat the drying effects I warm it up and suds it up in my hands before applying it directly to my scalp with my fingertips. This keeps me from needlessly using it on the length of my hair, which doesn't need the medication or the drying. I leave it in while I comb some conditioner through my length, so that winds up being about 15-20 minutes usually. I deep condition and treat my scalp at the same time :).

I do buy the larger size from my local walmart, which keeps me from feeling like I spend a fortune, but it's still irritating because I do run out fairly frequently. But it's worth it. My scalp feels so healthy and I never think about flakes, unless I forego using this for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by maozilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started suffering from bad dandruff (large flakes, and dragging a fingernail across my scalp would result in a massive amount of flaking--sorry if that's TMI, haha) shortly after puberty. This lasted for most of the latter part of my high school years, got a little better during my early adulthood, and in the past 2 years has gotten worse again.

I tried a variety of things, including Head & Shoulders and using virgin coconut oil as a scalp treatment. None of these yielded any significant results. After doing a little more research, I discovered Nizoral and picked up a bottle.

I noticed instant improvement after the first wash. I still had a few flakes, but it was at least 70% better than what I was used to. The usage directions instruct that you use Nizoral twice a week for about a month, and then lessen the usage to once a week for maintenance. I found using Nizoral more than once a week is too drying for my hair and scalp, so I've been sticking to a once-a-week routine.

I have been using Nizoral for about a month and a half now, and my dandruff situation is massively improved. I still do have a few flakes here and there, but it's mostly negligible (I'd say 90%-95% improvement at this point). It's so nice to not have to worry about "flaking" onto my clothing or checking my hair for noticeable specks of white.

This is my once-a-week routine: Before getting into the shower, I use a paddle brush and lightly rake the bristles across my scalp to loosen any flakes on the surface. I get into the shower, wet my hair, and use Nizoral just on my scalp, and my normal shampoo on the rest of my hair. I wait for a bit to let the Nizoral do its work (usually will wash my face or do something else during this period). After waiting, I rinse out the shampoo and follow up with a deep conditioning treatment.

So far Nizoral has done wonders for me. I will update this review if I ever find it stops working.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by katiedIrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Nizoral about two weeks ago because I'd been getting dandruff and an irritated, itchy scalp. I've only been using it for the two weeks but even after the first shampoo I noticed a dramatic difference in my hair fallout. There was MUCH less hair fallout! That in itself was a brilliant thing for me, I wasn't expecting it help with hair loss, but it has. I have since learned that the ingredient in it: ketoconazole has been proven to help hair loss. I'm so impressed, I've bought ridiculously expensive products over the past few months and they were absolutely useless and a waste of money, but this is the best haircare product I've used in a long, long time! I still had some dandruff after the first one or two uses, but it's much better now.

They suggest only using for a month and then once or twice a week after but I don't know if I want to part with it that easily! I have tiny bald patches on various parts of my head. My hair is also thin and limp, so I'm intrigued as to what difference Nizoral is going to make to my hair with long term use. I knew that I had a lot of hair fallout but I didn't realize how bad it had been until I noticed the big reduction in shedding after using Nizoral.

My dad used to use it and it was the only shampoo that completely cleared his dandruff.

I would recommend this product to anyone with an irritated scalp and people with excess hair loss, the fact that it worked after just ONE wash is seriously impressive.

My scalp still does itch sometimes when my hair is greasy, but that doesn't bother me simply because I'm so impressed with the reduction in hair loss because of Nizoral.

I love it and I'll continue to buy it, it's definitely worth the money after spending a fortune on 'professional' haircare systems only for them to be a complete and utter waste of time and money!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I found Nizoral to be more drying to my hair and scalp than Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo, even though I used a moisturizing conditioner after shampooing. It also eliminated my hair's body, leaving it limp.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ShellyRMC

This Nizoral shampoo literally changed my life.

For the past 15 years I've suffered from terrible SD and more than anything, it made me ashamed and depressed. My SD was so bad, I stopped visiting hairdressers to avoid the mortifying look of disgust I received when they looked at my scalp. I wore hats and beanies constantly to avoid anyone seeing any flakes in my hair. Needless to say, it was so devastating I'd often not leave the house to avoid being looked at with disgust. I couldn't even stay over at people's houses because I was so ashamed when they would see those tell-tale flakes on the pillow case and duvet.

I've seen dermatologists and GPs and have tried everything they prescribed to me. I'd tried every steroid cream, every brand of anti-dandruff shampoos on the shelf, even some home remedies of apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil. Nothing worked.

I had all but given up on trying to find a cure. Then I stumbled across Nizoral.

I was hesitant to try it, it being so expensive for such a tiny amount, but I decided to give it a shot. Worst outcome, I'm down about 10 and some wasted time.

The first time I tried it, nothing happened. In fact, my hair felt dry and my scalp was still flaking. But I decided to give it another try 3 days later. And that's when it started to work. I noticed there were less scaley skin on my hairline and forehead. By the 4th wash, my flakes and scales had disappeared. Miracle product.

I have NEVER been more impressed by a product in my whole life. I mean after years of suffering, FINALLY I found my cure. I have never felt more confident in all my life. No more hats, I can now run my fingers through my hair without worrying if anyone will see flakes.

This product literally gave such fast almost instant results. You use a tiny amount each time and it's not frequently that you use it, so in this case a little definitely goes a long way. Plus it's odour-less so no strange scents after (unlike T-gel coal tar).

It's only down side is that, yes, it is a little drying so I do recommend a good conditioner after. And though it's pricey, it's definitely worth EVERY penny because it really works. In fact, I swear by it so much I've ordered 3 more bottles of the stuff so I won't be running out of it anytime soon.

As long as this product is still around, I'll be dandruff free for life. :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am probably on my fifth bottle of this- and I have tried many (head and shoulders, garnier, selsun, neutrogena t gel, loreal, etc) that have either not worked at all or worked minimally.
Nizoral does dry my hair out so I would recommend a good conditioner and dont overdo it. When I have bad issues (they crop up every now and then, Im not sure why) I use it every other time I wash my hair but when Im not having issues I use it maybe once a month. It takes about three times of washing my hair with it to get rid of all problems but they are alleviated after the first use.