October 31, 2014 | 1457 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by GingerNoisette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's really good
It cause no problem

but it doesn't deserve this tag. There are lots of organic brands out there as good as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall, it's not a bad moisturizer. I was hooked on Jurlique products because of their organic/natural positioning in the cosmetic/skincare market.

This moisturizer, is sticky and doesn't immedietly sink into your skin. As a result, I ended up using it at night because I found that makeup would not go well on top of it. As a nightime moisturizer, it was adequate. It wasn't overly moisturizing or calming.

I would buy this product again not with great enthusiasm but moreso if I was exasperated by other moisturizers that I'd tried that hadn't worked or made my skin worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This moisturiser just gets a "fine" from me. From reading the other reviews, it seems to be really good for very irritated skin that can't tolerate other moisturisers. But generally my skin is ok with other moisturisers. So I don't find this cream really gives me anything I don't get from Nivea Soft - it just costs 10 times as much.

Having said that, there are some nice things about this moisturiser. It absorbs very quickly and leaves a lovely matte finish. It would be a good base for makeup, although since it doesn't have SPF I only use this at night. So the matte finish is a bit wasted on me.

So: perfectly good, but not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sljr16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing for sensitive skin! It is expensive but totally worth it. I find it is hydrating for dry, sensitive skin without making me too oily. I warm it between my fingers then pat it on my skin and let it sink in. I use it as both a night and day cream but usually find I need to put a primer over the top if I'm wearing make up and make sure to give it enough time to sink in before applying anything over the top. It's quite thick but doesn't break me out and the tube lasts for ages. The packaging is like all Jurlique packaging - flimsy and usually ends up with a few holes in it. If I'm going travelling I usually squeeze some into a travel container as the packaging will leak.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I will start with the good things first: I actually like the packaging: it looks quite stylish to me and such a tube is easy to take on the go. This kind of tube is hygienic too - closest you will come to a vacuum pump. It's not see-through, so the product is well protected from sunlight. This product doesn't have parabens, for those who are afraid of those. This didn't irritate my very sensitive skin at all - I used it after I had a really bad skin condition (although it contains several potential irritants) This soaked well into my skin and didn't feel greasy after and left a matte result. I like that this contains witch hazel.
The neutral: this feels and also kinda smells like butter when applied. The best way to apply: put about 0.7-1 cm (0.5 - 2/5 inch) on your fingertip and use the fingertips on the other hands to warm up the product (rub it between the fingers). This will prevent you from using too much and will make the cream last longer. At first I was totally grossed out by the texture, but thought it was very unusual later and began enjoying applying.
I think it's a bit expensive...
Now to the bad: this made my pores clog up... I always check for how pore-clogging a moisturizer is by looking at my nose: the pores on and around my nose are veeeery small if I'm using a product that doesn't clog them. After using up my tube of this, the pores on my nose were quite big, and I also had some clogs on my cheeks.
Here are the ingredients analysed by cosdna:
Notice: cetyl alcohol is rated differently by different sources (click on it).
I really liked this because it didn't irritate my skin at all, but clogged pores are a big no-no for me: if they get clogged, I will at some point want to squeeze that stuff out, which is really bad! So I better not be tempted. I'm not even sure why a moisturzer for oily skin has oils in it... Oily skin may lack water (be dehydrated), but it doesn't lack oil. If you give oily skin more oil, it will cause more clogs and, for some people, cause acne...
I also do not like that this has so much alcohol in it - alcohol is not good for the skin.
Would I recommend: I honestly don't know what skintype this is best for - it's matte, but contains oil. Maybe you could try to use it only where you're not prone to clogged pores? But again: why would a moisturizer contain alcohol...? I wouldn't suggest anyone putting that on the face regularly if it could be avoided...
I tested this out for about 3 months, which should be enough time.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by akern9k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my lord. Even though I've never had bad skin or deep acne, I recently went on Retin-A Micro to see if it would get rid of my years-persistent blackheads and to help/prevent first signs of aging and fine lines. My skin is ultra sensitive, so I knew it would get ugly but promised myself I would stick it out.

It has gotten ugly, and the peeling and dryness from the first few weeks had me completely re-doing my previously simple routine for my combo sensitive skin. While Cerave PM is still a stand-by, it wasn't moisturizing enough. In the dead of winter I splurged on pricey Avene ultra-rich compensating cream, which I love, but as the weather warmed up, I needed something seriously moisturizing, flake-stopping, yet not oily. I had read the reviews for this for a while and put off buying it because of the price but finally got a sample from Sephora and oh.my.god. Divine. Had to buy.

It's incredibly moisturizing and soothing to my ultra-pale, sensitive, and flaked-out still-adjusting to RAM skin but it's not the slightest bit greasy. It just....disappears. Like silk. It's almost mattifying but not quite - and definitely not in that tacky, sticky, dry-you-out way that things that actively claim to be "mattifying" tend to to, which I HATE. It's just....perfect. My face feels like the world's most expensive luxurious bedsheet. It's expensive but honestly I will buy this again and again and again. I haven't found anything else that does what this does.

If you have sensitive, easily-upset, sometimes-broken out, sometimes-not combo skin....give it a whirl.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lilianrubyrose

This cream for me is comforting. I have periorbital and perioral dermatitis and this cream is moisturising enough to keep my skin under control. It does not aggravate, however, it doesn't really improve it either.

It is nourishing enough to prevent my skin from getting worse.

If you are looking for a nourishing cream to use without aggravating your skin, look no further.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by kellay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not the most moisturizing cream, but it has a great consistency. It won't make your skin greasy, and it is very soothing. I've gone through a full tube and it never broke me out, and it may even help with break outs. It's my go-to day cream unless I find something more moisturizing that still has such a great finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by iciclerain

I think I'm on my 4th tube of this cream now. It is incredibly soothing when your skin is sensitive or experiencing a stressful phase. I've gone through the worst skin breakout with this at night and the avene cream during the day. The only issue I have with the product is the packaging. It has happened to me twice already that the tube broke in the middle and the cream leaked. Perhaps a better packing out of recycled materials instead of the awkward tube, or at least the tubes similar to Dr. Hauschka that never broke.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jlee2

I like this product a lot. I would describe it as more of a balm than a cream. It sinks into my skin quickly and is non-greasy. It moisturizes deeply (even for my dehydrated skin - I am on a prescription retinoid cream that has made my skin very dry), is very gentle (I apply it on the undereye area and it does not sting unlike many other products I have used), and is a fair price. It is a better quality product than the Bobbi Brown products I have been using (Intensive Skin Supplement, Extra Repair Balm SPF25), and cheaper as well. I will repurchase.