August 1, 2014 | 1696 users online

Mascara - Trish McEvoy - Lash Curling Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Leigh2670

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This and Blinc are the only mascaras that do not end up under my eyes in an hour or two even with a primer and/or powder, including waterproof formulas and other tubes. The Blinc is a wonderful mascara but the brush doesn't make long, lush lashes like this Lash Curling Mascara by Trish McEvoy. (My lashes have a nice length and gentle curl naturally, but they're brown with blond ends so you can't see them very well.) The Bling also takes longer to dry.

This mascara makes long, beautiful lashes that last for hours and hours and hours. It comes off super easily with water and gentle rubbing. No need to lose eyelashes from rubbing too hard, just use more water. I wish I'd found this mascara a few years ago ... I wouldn't have spent so much money on lash extensions and been frustrated with the problems that go along with them.

Highly recommended, especially for those who always end up with mascara under their eyes!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by bravemary

This has to be for people with curly lashes. I have very straight lashes so I curl them, this straightened them righ back. Such a waste of money, luckliy I was able to return. I loved the ease with which it washes of fand no smudging, but I hate straight lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is perfect in every way. The formula is richly pigmented. The wand is longer than most, so I can actually see my application. The brush is not oversized, the bristles packed not too tightly or loosely. No streaks, raccoon eyes, stiffness, none of that. NONE. The only thing I noticed is that getting if off the lashes requires extreme care. I believe this formula is meant to create "tubes" around the lashes, which means getting it to break down is a chore. I did better with a soapy cleanser than an eye makeup remover. This mascara reminds me of the ones from the 1970''s before the US supersized everything. Mascara is meant to be used for 3-4 months and I don't play games with keeping them longer than that time period, so this is really perfect for me. I will definately purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by lovebug415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HATED it!! Nordi recently had a buy 2 get one free special on mascara, so I decided to try out Trish. I returned it after wearing it for 3 days. It made my lashes spidery. If it was $15 I would probably keep and wear it ocassionally but i cannot justify $30 on this product.

I exchanged this for EL Sumptuous Extreme which I LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by ayh1212

This is a great mascara for me. Actually, this is the best mascara for me. Better than, YSL, Chanel, Lancome, Armani, Dior, Benefit (I could go on). Adds the vavavoom that we all love! I recommended it to my mother and it was just alright on her. I have big natural black lashes and she has thinner lighter lashes. If this is not working for you, I recommend a primer and then apply. Well worth the money for a no smudge mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by govgal11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After having used Bare Escentuals and Bobbi Brown mascaras, I re-discovered Trish McEvoy after a lengthy absence. This is so far the best mascara I have used, and probably won't keep searching unless I can no longer afford the splurge. Nordstrom had a promotion recently and I received a free mascara for purchasing two. Lash Curling Mascara gives your lashes that wow factor. Start at the base of the upper lashes as close to the lashline as possible. Use the tip of the wand to give an extra oomph to the outer lashes. The product removes with just a little tepid water and gentle pressure from fingertips or cotton, no remover needed. I apply mascara to the upper lashes only as it provides a lifted effect to the eyes. This is especially important as we get older.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by DaisyLondon

Love this mascara, have been buying it for years.

I am lucky enough to have fairly long natural eyelashes but they are straight and I can't be bothered to use an eyelash curler. This mascara makes my eyelashes a bit longer but most of all makes them nice and curly. I have tried TM's other mascara but that didn't work for me at all (made my eyelashes look thin and spidery).

The thing that TM's mascaras have in common is they are smudge free, you can wear them all day and no risk of panda eyes etc. This is an expensive mascara, I think something like 25 in the UK which us welll ouch. But it works! I have spent more on trying out other mascaras in a hope of a cheaper replacement and thrown away, counter ones, massmarket ones and even muled from Japan (where incidentally the TM ones are made).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahngo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought my 4th tub of this mascara. Considering that I've only been using it since May, I find this disconcerting. I love the way it curls and lengthens my lashes. I especially love how it never ever smudges and is so easy to remove. I hate that it seems to dry very quickly and is fairly expensive. Most other mascaras in this price range last about 3 months for me before drying out. This last no more than 6 weeks before it starts getting chunky and clumpy. I tried the L'Oreal version that someone mentioned in their review but was soooo disappointed. So I guess I will continue to buy this...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first tubing mascara I purchased and I was immediately hooked to the concept. I want a 100% smudge-free mascara that comes off easily with warm water and all of Trish McEvoy's are exactly that. So it's performance is not an issue, but the price and packaging is. I'll force myself to pay $28 for a smudge and flake free mascara, but what I don't want is most of that money wasted due to product continously seeping out the tube whenever I unscrew it due to poor packaging. Product always gets on my fingers and all over the outside of the tube. I bought this one and also Trish's High Volume mascara and they both have the same problem. So for that I resorted to buying a drugstore tubing mascara (L'Oreal) and I'm quite happy with it. Not only am I saving a ton of money (now I don't feel guilty) but product never seeps out the tube and gets all over my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Zoey223

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My lashes: Fine, light brown, somewhat curly, can get resonably lengthy with proper care, a little unruly at times: end lashes have a tendency to grow sideways (thankfully in the right direction!).

Me and Lash Curlers: not a good fit. Most curlers can't reach those end lashes, or they reach the end lashes and not the middle lashes. I don't like to use curlers because it's added time to my routine, and I'm of the mindset that if I'm using mascara, it should be good enough to not have to worry about an extra step.

Me and Trish: I used to pass the Trish counter and sniff at it. I hate the 'planner' idea not only because I'm not a 'planner' type of girl when it comes to cosmetics, but also because purchasing one of those pricey planners commits me to one brand and THAT is a turn off for me. I am not brand loyal. Anyway, I was talking to a Trish SA one day (who was bluntly honest) and telling her about my frustrating quest for mascara that could survive my sensitive eyes, occasional rubbing, last 10-12 hour working days, and not beat the shit out of my lashes (I've lost a few over the years, and it sucks more than I'd like to admit). She told me she took a crying fit one day and was wearing Curling Mascara and it didn't move AT ALL. I was skeptical but handed over $28 +tax, took it home and here we are on the review page of MUA, almost 6 months later.

First the bad news: The packaging kind of blows, from a techinical standpoint. Other reviewers have mentioned the same problem - it tends to migrate up around the top and causes a bit of gunky build up and I have to make sure it's clean after and before each use so it stays sealed. The tube itself is attractive: slim, sleek black packaging.

The great news: I don't have to worry about clumps, broken lashes, tears, sweat, unconscious rubbing of my eyes, and waking up in the morning and looking in the mirror to realize the scary looking under-eye shadows are actually remnants of mascara that didn't come off with washing. I wash it off by rubbing my face in running water and letting the little black bits fall away (no lashes lost in cleansing!). It's super easy to remove, just rub eyes gently and off it comes.

My lashes look curled, natural, clump-free (I mentioned it already, but seriously, that is a HUGE asset in mascara) and flirty. One coat gives a my-lashes-but-a-million-times better, 2 coats adds drama. I don't bother with 3, because why tempt the Mascara God?

I would swear off any other mascara for the rest of my life if Trish McEvoy promises to continue churning out Lash Curling Mascara as long as I'm around. I did screw around with a few other mascaras, just to see the difference, but nothing has come CLOSE to performing the way this mascara does.

The price point hurts a little. $28 is not a cheap thrill for lashes. But - - I'm nearing almost 6 months of use and am just now seeing that I'm coming to the end of tube; I have to work it just a little as I'm pulling the wand out to apply. So $28 for exactly what I need in a mascara is actually a good deal. I'll have to remind myself of this in a few weeks when it's time to replace...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No