December 20, 2014 | 821 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by glvazquez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the recommendation of one of my friends who knew I liked Angel. It was so much like Angel that I thought; why bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by schristi2800

Yummy mature scent. That lasts all day

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Floralisse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Magical, enchanting, fairytaile-ish,... I feel a bit like a princess when i spray this on. I love the powdery, strong yet tender scent. But most of all I'm in LOVE with the botlle like seriously in love ... The blue apple witg gold.. So romantic and pretty

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Five years ago, I blind bought this fragrance at a steep discount from a local drugstore. As the bottle was apple-shaped, I expected the juice inside to smell fruity and fresh. What I got instead was a heavy cloud of powder. I put it away and every now and then I would take out the bottle from its box and stare at it admiringly, but upon smelling the remaining scent on the nozzle I would be reminded of the dangerous juice--I vowed never to spray it again.

For the past half year, however, I have become increasingly disenchanted by sweet, sugary scents. I've become less attached to former favourites, and the cake and cotton candy perfumes I used to love were no longer calling to me. That's not to say that I hate all fruity and foodie scents; rather, I've become more selective when before I would be enamoured by anything that did smell like desserts, and as I've expanded my tastes, I was looking for something new.

That's when I took out Lolita Lempicka to use again. The powdery notes and muskiness this time around appealed to my nose, and I was able to make out the sweetness of the vanilla mixed with licorice. Even so, I still consider this to be more oriental than gourmand. The sillage is moderate to heavy, so a little goes a long way.

Definitely an underappreciated scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I have never reviewed this magical scent. From the beautiful fairy tale bottle to the genius marriage of licorice, patchouli, cherry, violet and ivy leaves, this sumptuous delicacy is never too much. It's a perfect poem of a scent - doesn't take itself too seriously and yet always speaks with a lyrical tongue. There's a hay-like accord in this that I simply adore.
Now it's around 15 years old, and hasn't aged an iota, Lolita Lempicka's timelessness has been proven. Even if the fashions shift back to solar musks and salty ozone scents, this is one of the best gourmands ever made. The new praline scents that are ten-a-penny are messy disasters next to this composed young lady.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by allsmiles1220

Fantastic woodsy, licorice scent, a bit of sweetness.. Unique and can't get enough.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When this first came out and thought it was too thick smelling and cloyingly sweet for me. I'm curious how I'd react to it now.

The name is cool, though. Lolita Lempicka. Strange associations: reminds me of Lotte Lenya for some odd reason. Also reminds me of a scent Betsy Johnson would wear.

I do not recommend at all

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this everyday. It is a lovely, woodsy, licorice type scent with a hint of sweetness. It mellows down quite lovely on my skin and holds out for the day. Definitely a very unique fragrance but I do enjoy it

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by patty1815

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the great reviews on this perfume. It has a horrible smell, but if you want to smell like a cheap hooker be my guest!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by harris5998

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG fragrance. I first encountered this years ago in a magazine as a paper strip sample. I was enchanted by the advertisement itself, and once I got a whiff of the scent I had to have it. I do not like licorice. So I was surprised how much I LOVE this fragrance. It's spicy, warm, sweet, woodsy and food-y all at the same time. It melts into my skin and works perfectly with my body chemistry. I love it so much I apply throughout the day and often find myself smelling my own arm...lol! I have tried other fragrances, and had some favorites (Juicy Couture, Viva La Juicy, VS Very Sexy for Her) but NOTHING compares to Lolita Lempicka. I feel the urge to stockpile this so I will never be without! The only time I have ever smelled it anywhere else was a trip to the D.C. zoo years ago, I caught a whiff from the lady in front of me and recognized it immediately. I was wearing a different scent at the time, and I just wanted to follow her around so I could smell it! Money is tight, I do wish I could find a dupe because I'm surviving off sample vials and travel-size bottles...I know they make one but I supposed I'm a snob...can't bring myself to try it. Love, love, love this perfume!

The notes: ivy leaves, licorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk according to online research.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No