April 23, 2014 | 1424 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Revitalift Miracle Blur

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by marcellew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did nothing to reduce the size of my pores, it only made my skin feel smoother which wasn't the miracle I was looking for. Not worth the time or the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ouija

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I saw the TV spot on youtube and watched breathlessly as it magically erased crow's feet...blurred imperfections and pores...instantly! I was in awe as I saw the "UNRETOUCHED" proof - the demo - on the screen. Then I laughed. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. I work in beauty advertising...I've done many commercials for anti-aging products, primers and wrinkle erasers...and I know no product is going to do that. Nothing. The fact that they are allowed to claim it's unretouched is troubling. I have no idea how they got that through network Standards & Practices. Shame on you L'Oreal! But my curiosity got the better of me...and when I bought it (21.99 at Stop & Shop) I kept the package and the receipt, knowing I would return it. Overall, it's a decent primer. It goes on smoothly and leaves a nice matte finish. Just like dozens of other primers. What it does NOT do is blur anything. Yes, my pores seem smaller and my skin appears slightly smoother. But my lines and wrinkles are still clearly visible (mocking me, I'm sure). I would imagine that if you're young...say, 17 to 27 or so, that this product MIGHT POSSIBLY MAYBE PERHAPS blur fine lines. Just not to the extent that the commercial demo shows. The only miracle about Revitalift Miracle Blur is that L'Oreal is allowed to make such blatantly false claims. And I'm glad I saved the receipt!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jmazzeo192

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A recent issue of "More" magazine had a sample of the product as an insert thereby affording my need to test its "miracle" claim immediately and without cost. I wish I could write that such a miracle did occur, but it did not, it only dispelled its claim, and my opinion of L'Oreal with it. This product did nothing I am sorry to report other than leave my face with a heavy reside which I needed to wash away within about 30 minutes.

When a word such as "miracle" appears on the label, deliberately or not, that is the claim it is making. Needless to say, I am surprised that a reputable company such as L'Oreal would use it to market this or any other product.

I have actually used Estee Lauder's "Idealist" in past and if I feel the need to repurchase a product such as this, I would have to say that EL's is the one I would go with, but because this was going to be a less expensive alternative and "instant results" were promised in its directions on this sample, well, let's just say I was hoping that maybe, just maybe such a miracle existed…but alas, it wasn't to be.

Now, I guess, to figure out what the instant results claimed to be is the real question, but I will not be wasting my time trying to do so.

Note: As I wrote above, this was a free insert in a publication, so therefore I did not purchase it, but since I could not post a review without the required cost rating I went online and found that it retails at ULTA for $24.99 for a 1.18 oz tube which I consider a sizable sum for a product such as this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

oh honestly, what a rip off! This is not a 'miracle blur', its a mattifier. You can find dozens of cheaper products that are listed as that-mattifiers. Makes your pores look smaller, but as far as blurring any fine lines, or filling them in,absolutely not. Shame on you, L'Oreal!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Gmmuibaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Youtube made me buy this product. I gave it few tries but it really is not working for me. It is thick, clogs my pores, breaks me out, and my foundation slips right off my face!
I am never a fan of silicon based products, so I never liked Smashbox or Benefit porefessional. I much prefer serum/water based primers.

It retails for $25 in Canada. Sadly there is no return policy for used products here, so it is money wasted.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lhyson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product, by far the best drug store primer I've used. I buy the regular non oil free one with SPF because I don't really get acne. The consistency is so wonderful. However I am a student and very thrifty so I'm always looking for worthy dupes for all my favorite products. The Monostat Anti Chaff Gel Powder is sold at almost all drug stores and is around five dollars and works about the same without the SPF. They both keep my makeup on all day even on hot muggy days and make my skin feel amazing. So if you would rather save 20 bucks and you have non acne prone normal or dry skin I encourage you to give this a try. I would have bought this product again until I found the dupe and now I'm hooked :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First and foremost, I use it under my makeup as a primer. I don't know if I would call this a "miracle" to what it claims to do. I have noticed that it does fill in my pores, but as far as erasing wrinkles and what not, I'm not really sure. Then again, I am only 25 years old, I don't have many wrinkles, if any. This product comes in two different versions, the oil free product and the regular product. I picked up the one for normal skin with SPF in it, because I don't have oily skin typically. I love that it is a thick paste. I don't like watered down, liquidy primers, foundations, concealers, etc. I feel like when the consistency is too liquidy, it is going to slide right off of my face- which usually does happen AND it makes my skin look greasy and gross. You only need a dime size of this product when using it, a little goes a long way. The only gripe I have about this product is that it is so expensive for a drugstore product. I really do feel that it is a great product, however, I do not agree with the pricetag that comes with it. I got mine for $19.99 at Walmart, but have seen it $24.99 in various other places (mainly in drugstores). Then again, you only need a dime size when applying this, so the product will probably last a good amount of time. Either way, I'm hooked and will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted this work, but I don't think it is. I have the oil-free version since I already use a moisturizer with SPF in it. It feels and looks like a classic silicon based primer. REminds me a lot of Prime Time by Bare Esscentuals. I prefer the packaging of the BE version to this by far. It will be hard to get all the product out since its in a squeeze tube with an odd shape (wide and flat). Also doesn't seem like there is much product for the price, last time I checked L'oreal was a drugstore brand. $25... really.... are you kidding me? I used my CVS bucks and a manuf coupon so i didn't pay full price at least.

You don't need a lot of product, I applied it over my moisturizer after it set. Then allowed this product to set before applying foundation. I almost feel like foundation alone over this looked better than my whole routine, It was very much a less is more scenario. My skin is on the dry side in the winter, but this def made it drier. I guess that's really my big complaint. It looked ok for a little while, but after a few hours my skin got drier and it looked terrible. My lines were worse (since I was dry) and it emphasized my dry patches.

Also every time I use this I end up with a painful pimple on either my chin or forehead. It may be a coincidence, however I suspect that I do not handle silicon well.

Oh well I will have to take it back. Gave it a good run though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

I don't pay attention to the name. Of course it's not a miracle blur, but as any other silicon based primer (elf mineral primer, tarte and good skin lab pore eraser) it erases the shine and fills in pores, goes well under make up plus has decent amount of SPF -30. But you do need to use SPF cream under, otherwise if you use this primer barely as a sunscreen you will need to use a lot and when you use a lot of silicon based primers the foundation slips and doesnt last long.
Also if you have very oily skin using exess of this primer will make the skin even oilier.
This is a fairly decent primer but overpriced for the drugstore 24.99$ at Walgreens. But good think that at walmart it's 19.99$.
The amount you get for the price is quite decent too - 1.18 (35ml). Since you need to use pea sized amount it will last long.

If I will be on budget I will definitely consider the primer again but for now after I finish this one I will not haste to buy it again.
I give only 3 lippis because it's a regular drugstore silicon based primer, not a miracle,which is quite overpriced but not bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

So I've been wanting to try this for a long time but due to the high price held off. I got this as a sample for a dollar so it's a very small tube.

Long story short, I didn't care for it. I found the texture way to thick, it did nothing for my pores, under eye circles, etc. I'm planning on giving it to a friend.

My HG primer is Rimmel 002 Fix and Perfect, don't see that changing anytime soon.