September 1, 2014 | 2022 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using Clinique toners for about 9 years. I started off with Clarifying Lotion #3 when I had cystic acne. after 4 years, my skin actually repaired itself enough to look like totally normal, healthy skin, thanks to the toner. I switched to Lotion #2 when my skin became normal.

yes, its alcohol based but I do believe some skin types will suit it. for reference I have combination, sensitive skin, which is occasionally acne prone (I still get 3-4 cystic pimples when i'm very stressed). I've tried other brands of toner (avene, body shop, etc) but they are "weak" on my skin. this perfectly cleans every last vestige of cleanser, makeup, dead skin cells, and bacteria off my skin, twice a day.

I believe it has a mild "exfoliating" effect as well, since it effectively removes any dry skin flakes and creates a perfect smooth canvas for makeup. I wouldn't dream of putting on makeup unless my skin has been buffed with this toner on a cotton pad. I can really feel my skin incredibly healthy and radiant when I use this. when I switch to other brands my skin is less smooth, "rubbery", and develops tiny bumps.

do give it a try and perhaps drop to Lotion #1 if you feel this is too harsh. consult the Clinique staff for great recommendations and advice. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by sm92soel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this when my skin started acting very strange a few months ago. I´ve always had combination skin with the occasional zit, but now I was experiencing dryness with some very rough skin texture, big pores and at least five zits at once. Amagin my panic haha. I wanted fast results so I turned to Clinique and I sinse I bought this toner my skin has acctually gone back to normal! Alltough I know it contains some not-so-good ingredients like alcohol and stuff so I have no idea what this will do to my skin in the long term. But I will probably buy it again and use it only when I need it and use something else when my skin is good. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I got this as part of the three system set, and while I don't particularly like ANY of it, I would have to say that this toner is the worst.

At first, I did not mind that this would sting or burn a little after I used it. It wasn't the first toner that I had used that wasn't the nicest to apply. And the smell wasn't so strong that I was disgusted either. I think what ruined it for me was how much OILIER my skin seemed to be after I would use it.. I have combination skin- on oil T-Zone and on my cheeks with dry spots between my eyebrows and around my nose, and this just made it worse. Seriously, it was horrible.

I guess this product wasn't a total fail though... My husband (whose skin is on the dryer side) has used this since I mentioned that I was about to throw it out, and says that he likes it...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by amikuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Out of all my cosmetic-related products, this the product that I have used for the longest time and have repurchased most often, which is saying a lot for me because I love trying new things and rarely ever repurchase something.

Did it sting and dry out my combination skin (dry cheeks with slightly oily T-zone)? Oh yes. Was I aware that my T-zone became oilier after use than before? Yup. Did I realize that it's probably not a good idea to apply alcohol to same spot once or twice a day everyday? Yes. But I was addicted to the CLEAN feeling I got from using this. It got to the point that if I don't feel a burning sensation and see dirt/makeup/oil on my cotton pad after using a toner, it was no good, and nothing could top this baby. No pain no gain, right? So imagine my shock when I looked down at the little round pad and saw nothing after using my Clarisonic brush with the deep pore brush head (bad combination, by the way). Hallelujah! I quickly replaced my Lotion 2 with a series of gentle alcohol-free toners (Chanel Lotion Confort is phenomenal but expensive) and never looked back.

Bottom line: If you are using this toner get the clean feeling I'm talking about (which you probably are since neither Clinique nor anyone I've ever talked to purports that this does anything else), then it might be time to do some exploring. The beauty industry has expanded significantly since this toner came out, and there are products and combinations of products out there that does just as good of a job with cleaning without over-drying or irritating the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm hooked. Is it a little harsh? Yes. The first time I used this toner I actually thought I'd put nail polish remover on my face instead. It's definitely not a mild product. But, like coffee, it's an acquired taste. And addictive. Nothing cleanses my face like this well. It thoroughly removes dirt, makeup, you name it! I'll completely cleanse my skin and it will still pick up remnants, it's that good. And the refreshing, tingly feeling afterwards is amazing. I don't think I'll be satisfied with any other toner now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by draguladragula

This stuff is pretty awesome! I have sensitive, dry combination skin. I rarely get acne, but I do have a few blemishes. I use this along with the three step system and it has really helped clear my skin up! It seems as if it works better over time. Definitely will be purchasing again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

This is my new HG toner! For whatever reason, I've steered clear of Clinique skincare products for the longest time. I have always felt that it was just another drugstore brand that's being sold at Sephora and other department stores. But I'm so glad I finally decided to give it a go! Lately I've been noticing that my skin needs are changing, I was an oily-combination girl but now that I am a bit older I'm more in the dry-combination scene. This compliments the new Clinique Dramatically different Moisturizing Lotion+ quite well. My skin looks better than ever. When I use this toner, I don't have to exfoliate and scrub my face as much. I also love the fact that it comes in 2 different sizes and at a very reasonable price. I've noticed more high-end skincare products today are way to expensive for the amount of product it gives. Yes, it does smell like alcohol but I don't mind it because it doesn't linger and it really lifts the dirt and oil off my face.

More about my Skin Type and Other Concerns: Light, Neutral-Warm (yellow) undertone, tans easily (hardly burns), can be easily irritated, clear/no breakouts(only during menstrual cycle), dry-combination and very little to no wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this clarifying lotion for more than 10 years non stop. The thing is that I mostly use it on my neck, chest, and back, as an exfoliator. You can see that the cotton pad ends up brownish dirty very dirty, after you finish cleansing yourself with it. Even with all the grime it takes off your skin, your skin is Never left red, nor sensitive, nor burning, nor dry. It is a staple in my hygiene regimen. The plastic bottle and price is right on. Fully reccommend it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by marvlach

This toner smells like rubbing alcohol...very unpleasant. I love the tingly feeling that it gives me after i use it but dont be fooled by that, it instantly dried out my skin causing it to overproduce oil to compensate for it. I have acne prone skin but it has never been oily. This is by far the worst toner ive tried...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by sue08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't put this stuff near your skin!

Anything that smells like vodka should not be applied to a cotton pad and wiped over your delicate face. Alcohol applied topically, or ingested is not good for you complexion.