July 22, 2014 | 2427 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by LaurenMA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I bought this BB crean on a whim on my last trip to Sephora a little over a month ago. I don't usually buy anything without throughly researching first but I was feeling spontaneous and I'm so glad I ended up buying it!

This BB primer has a really soft, silky feel when applying that I really like. I usually put a small blob on the back of my hand so the warmth of my skin can help warm it up, I then dot it all over my face and use a damp beauty blender sponge to blend it in. The damp BB sponge sheers it out a little which is sometimes what I want but I do occasionally apply it by stippling with my fingers if I want more coverage. It really has amazing coverage for a BB cream in my opinion, I can almost wear out with just concealer. I would say it is almost like a light weight foundation in terms of coverage and it is definitely buildable, though I wouldn't try to put it past two layers. I have found that it can be drying if you have really dry skin or flaky healing blemishes but as long as your properly exfoliate, tone, and use a good moisturizer prior to application, it's fine. It is quite long lasting, it does become slightly dewy on my combo skin midway through the day but it just looks even more natural and not at all gross or greasy.

I sometimes use it under my foundation but I have found that it does not play well with Laura Mercier Silk Creme or it's cousin Tarte's 12hr Amazonian Clay foundation. Both of these foundations are very similar in texture so I can understand why neither of them work with it. When worn under those foundations it tends to create blotchiness as the day wears on, at least on me, and with LMSC if you try to touch up your makeup wherever you try to blend begins to pill up and flake off. It works ok under Urban Decay Naked skin but for the most part I still prefer to use Too Faced Primed and Poreless under my foundations.

I LOVE this BB cream on it's own. It does a great job at evening out any slight variations in skin tone and really blurs my acne scarring and tones down redness, it won't cover really dark marks or scars but that's what concealer is for. I have light golden-olive skin that really likes to hold on to acne scars for dear life and Tarte's tinted BB primer really makes me feel ok about not wearing a full face of makeup to run a quick errand. It looks very natural and feels weightless, it is going to be a staple in my summer makeup bag for sure!

I bought it in Light and though it may be a little too light for me when I am very tan in the summer, it works well for my current NC20ish skin and is forgiving enough that I feel that I will be able to make it work in this shade for a while before having to buy the next darkest one, which I am afraid may not be a the best undertone match for me.

I even got my mom to try it who is in her early 50s and she has taken a liking to it as well, I just ordered one for her! She doesn't wear a lot of makeup but she has been using Bobby Brown BB cream that she said that was too drying on her skin, she feels that this is silkier and not as drying as her Bobby Brown BB.

If you are looking for a semi-matte BB cream with great coverage, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this and have ran out and purchased this again and again. For me the medium shade is perfect. I didn't like the primer feel at first but it grew on me and the winning element to this is that it stays on all day for me. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin but normal to oily would work great. I gave my mom a sample of this and now she is hooked. The best bb cream for me so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Ok all my dry skin girls stay away if your skin does not agree with silicone i tried this because i thought it was good but it wasn't at all first it is very soft when applied that silicone feel and then the more i blended it out i seen little flakes and ball ups ..i was like oh no mam this is not working for me but of course i wasn't going to waste it all because i got this instead of laura geller kit which i was already upset with myself but it does not help your foundation last at all i see the same wear time everyday at work no difference :/ ughhhhh i feel like the real housewives of orange county where they go skiing and vicky is made at the lady and she screams "IM SO MAD!!" And it echoes all over the world any-who right now its hot maybe in the summertime when i get all sweaty(sorry i know thats gross but we all know when summer hits so does the sweat)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

LOVE THIS!
May be deceiving because it's called a 'primer', but it's not - it's a legit BB Cream!

I wanted something with a medium coverage that could cover normal hormonal redness and acne/acne scars, that had SPF protection, and something that does not have a 'sheen' to it (as most BB Creams do), and the Sephora Assoc. recommended this. I wanted a shade darker since I'm going to Mexico so I purchased it in Medium (I'm NC30 or MUFE Mat Velvet Plus #40)

Consistency - Thick(er) cream that spreads easily with fingers. It's thicker than a liquid foundation, so I would say it most resembles a cream foundation.

Application - I used my fingers to spread it on my face, then dabbed the product into the skin. This method worked as it covered my redness/acne/scars, without leaving fingermarks/streaks. I think a brush would work even better.

Color - Yellow undertone. It's a bit tanned for me, but once I get a tan in the summer then it will be the perfect shade.

Finish - Between a natural finish & a matte finish. Not completely matte because I still had a slight sheen coming through from my skin, but by no means would it be a 'glowly' or 'dewy' look. Can easily become matte by adding a thin layer of powder.

Longevity - I only wore it for 4 hours, but it lasted wonderfully. I did not have to powder or reapply, nor did I notice any fading on oilier areas of my face (ie. chin, t-zone). Primer and powder would prolong the wear of this even more.

Coverage - AT LEAST a medium coverage. Easily buildable, but I think 2 layers and more will get cakey and thick. I barely needed a dime size amount for my entire face.

Packaging - Basic squeeze tube. Hygienic, efficient and travel friendly.

Price - A bit costly since it is only a BB Cream. BUT, since it's so high in coverage and little goes a long way, it's worth it and you will get your moneys worth.

Seeing how well it covers, its longevity, application & finish of it, I could wear this as a foundation. If I did not have my HG foundation already, I would definitely buy this and use it as my sole foundation since it works well to be!
I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I used this product primarily as a primer with a foundation over it. I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase a BB cream these days because I feel they are gimmicky and prefer foundation/more coverage. With that being said, I received a few large samples of this product and chose to wear them underneath foundation. It worked well, smoothed out my skin. Overall, a so-so product that probably isn't worth the money or hype!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Aeh18

I really wanted to like this product. I am all about bb creams and I find that some lack a lot of what I need. I hate having to layer my face everyday so having a bb cream with a primer seemed genius! Not so much with this product. I do love the light mouse like feel when you first put it on, it spread nicely but definitely needed a beauty blender to really blend it because I felt like it just sat on my skin using just a brush. The color was decent but after an hour I wanted to go home and wash my face. When I would just barely touch my face the product would wipe off. It felt worse as the day went on, it looked more and more uneven the longer I had it on. By the end of the day, I looked like I didn't know how to apply make up because it was so uneven and blotchy! It did a decend job of covering my dark circles but did a terrible job of covering blemishes. Luckily, I just asked for a sample of this instead of buying the whole tube. (Something I have learned my lesson on) Even though it was a large sample, I tossed it after one use. I would not use this product ever again or recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kaylaheefner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample when it first came out around my birthday at Sephora, first BB cream I had tried and really liked it. Over a year later I started working at ULTA, and said hey why not I know I like it! And I purchased the full size. From then on, I HATED IT. I have normal to dry, sensitive skin. Because it's made with Amazonian clay (all of tartes products are) the consistency is very dry feeling and thick. I would apply with my fingers to exfoliated, clean, moisturized skin, and the product would cling to dry patches I couldn't even see on my face before I put it on! It made my skin look the driest it's ever been and the color was a tad too light so it made my fair skin looked washed out. I returned it right away, and I don't recommend it for anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by paradoxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product in Fair and couldn't be much happier with it. I have incredibly sensitive, super pale skin. Virtually every liquid and/or cream product (primers, foundations, BB and CC creams, tinted moisturizer, etc.) out there breaks me out or leaves a rash on my face. I can only use powdered mineral foundations and even then I have to make sure to use no products that contain ingredients that I'm sensitive to. Sadly, even the best mineral foundations just don't last without a primer so I spent years searching for a BB cream or primer that I could use under my minerals. This is my HG. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out--if anything, it seems to be improving my skin over time. It provides light coverage on its own when I apply it with my Benefit foundation brush. Once I put my minerals on top, I look airbrushed. It holds my minerals flawlessly for about 8 hours. Afterwards, I can apply a light dusting of minerals to freshen it up and it looks as good as when I first applied it in the morning. I love, love, love this stuff and will definitely keep buying it. I would recommend it to anyone who has challenging, sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

PROS: Good coverage (not full, but build-able), light whipped mousse texture, natural velvety finish. CONS: Tube can be difficult to squeeze (especially when running out of product), price is quite expensive but I think it's worth it! :) OVERALL: This is my holy grail BB cream. Don't even wanna try anything else because I feel like nothing could ever compete with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Regina0601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this stuff.!!!.. So amazing and lightweight. Feels like a whip when u apply. Does not cake up even when u build the coverage. I find it's flawlessly applied with a buffing brush such as the sigma F80 or real techniques brush. I just picked up my second tube yesterday. Will continue to purchase over and over