April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff is excellent for oily skin. it was my favorite all last summer, but it's not so flattering on my dehydrated winter skin. can't wait to use it again this summer. offers pretty good coverage and feels weightless on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mnbengtson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried 4 other BB creams and none gave me the finish this one does. I use the tiniest little dab...it goes a long way. I had problems finding anything that would even my skin tone and keep my T zone from getting shiny. this does it really well. the best part is that you get a powdery matte finish without the look or feel of makeup. It leaves my skin really soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I set out on a search for a BB cream for upcoming spring and summer. I will admit I haven't jumped on the bandwagon before now. I did some research, read reviews and decided to get samples from Sephora of Tartes BB tinted treatment primer and Tartes BB tinted moisturizer. I tried both samples and decided that I absolutely love this tarte BB tinted treatment primer! It is so awesome for my oily and acne prone skin! It glides right on, feels a bit silky, blends in effortlessly, is build-able and has very good coverage for a primer/bb cream! The finish is so nice, not too matte, but not dewy either. It keeps my oil at bay all day, minimizes my pores and blurs my imperfections! I don't need to set this with a powder at all. To cover my hyper pigmentation on my cheeka I do apply two layers, but that is all I need to achieve the look I'm going for. I love that this has SPF 30, so that is a big plus for my summer time routine. This will be my go to "easy day" look and my summer time everyday routine make up. I love it! I can see how this might not work for people with dry skin though. In that case...I think you would love the tarte BB tinted moisturizer! It has light coverage, but is more dewy and hydrating than this one. Liked them both really, but this one is best suited for my skin type!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging, but I wish this BB cream wouldn't wipe off so easily. It comes off if I accidentally touch my face or swipe my face with my sleeve. I have good skin and usually don't need more than tinted moisturizer (which I sometimes add more moisturizer to thin it out more), but this product gave my skin a weird texture. It made my skin feel like silicone, like a Barbie doll's legs. I'm not sure if this is something people aim for or not? I prefer to have my skin feel more natural. In the past I have used Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizers, and those products are much higher quality than this. I will continue to use this BB cream because I'm not picky and it doesn't break me out, but if you're someone who is more particular, you might not like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by syllacrostics

Pretty good. It feels nice on your skin after applied, not sticky or clammy feeling but almost powdery in a way. I actually bought it accidentally thinking it was the actual BB cream by the brand and not the primer. I was looking for something to help cover red marks from acne on my cheeks. It didn't do a lot to cover them, but did even out my skin tone.

I like that it doesn't feel to heavy on my face like a foundation would, but it doesn't really do anything amazing for me so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by bowie1995

I had such high hopes for this stuff but it let me down. I'll cover critical areas as a list.
Texture - Feels awesome in your fingers and when you touch your face, it will be soft. Color - Not so great, no shade fit me perfectly. Packaging - Not everyone likes squeeze tubes but I love them so. Staying power - Really good. I put it on, ran some errands, came home and took a 4-hour nap, and at the end of the day it was still there however, it didn't matter because it looked like crap anyways. See "Coverage". Smell - No smell whatsoever which is awesome. Coverage - It's definitely buildable. It covered my acne and rosacea pretty well although not fully. The biggest problem I had with this was the way it looked on my skin. It's very similar to my experience with the Amazonian Clay foundation in the brown tube. Really blotchy and just overall extremely drying. For the price, it is not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I really adore this. It gives a matte, but natural finish. I find that on its own it offers medium coverage, but of course can be sheered out if you so desire. It covers up slight hyper pigmentation very well without looking cakey and gross. The lasting power is terrific, lasting in the Florida humidity all day long. Another huge plus is that it does not break me out. The only real gripe I have is the color selection, they do run slightly pinky, but it's not incredibly noticeable, especially if paired with yellow toned setting powder. I'm still using up a sample I have been using for two weeks, but I plan on buying it when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Goes on really silky and seems like it would control oil well but the finish doesn't last more than an hour or two. It clings to dry spots and overall makes my face look dry and dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by beautyobssessed

So my skin type is combo; quite oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks. I love love love this BB cream, I've tried many BB creams and nothing compares to this! It covers, the finishing isn't oily looking, keeps me decently matte through the day, & no break outs (I have sensitive skin that breaks out VERY easy). I would definitely recommend anyone who's into BB creams to buy this(:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by missileme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was on the hunt for a long lasting foundation or bb/cc cream that provides a light to medium coverage. I also have some large pores on my nose that I am pretty self conscious about and was looking for something to cover them up. I went to Ulta without any make up on one night to try on some foundations/creams. Oddly enough I went to Tarte section first because I had heard good things about their foundation. I saw the BB cream and liked how it said it was 12 hour wear and had a primer in it that would minimize the appearance of pores, and also that it had 30 SPF because I am a bit lazy when it comes to applying sunscreens. No one at Ulta was there to help me try on foundations/creams so I brought the BB cream in "fair" over to a mirror and put it on my nose, my biggest problem area. I was seriously amazed how instantly the BB cream covered up my large pores, I swear I did a double take when applied it to make sure I was really seeing what I thought I was. I have tried other pore minimizers (benefit, MAC, urban decay without much luck) I also really liked how soft and smooth the cream went on and blended in. I only tested a few areas on my face before I knew I had to buy it. The fair color matched me perfectly without making me look too pale and lifeless. I have been using this BB cream since (about a week) and am happy with the results. I now no longer have to apply a primer and then a foundation as this works great as both, but if you wanted a full heavy coverage you could use this as a primer and then apply a foundation over. Just on its own I find this to have a good medium coverage, actually much more than I thought it would be. It evens out my skin and covers most of my freckles without looking like I am wearing tons of make up. I do use a moisturizer underneath this BB cream because my face tends to be more on the dry side although oily in my t zone too but that is fine with me and totally expected. I also apply a pressed powder over to set it, which I just do out of habit and it gives me a natural matte look. This BB cream does stay put on my face pretty good throughout the day, it doesn't melt off like the previous MAC foundations I was trying to wear. I will get a tinsy bit shiny on my nose and then can see my pores slightly because of so after a 5+ hours of wear but its definitely better than anything else I have tried thus far. I am still happy with it and am looking to try some other Tarte products. :)