Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 3/15/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works really well on my oily skin. BUT it does emphasize dry patches. I have some dry patches on my chin, and it does not look good. However, this BB cream keeps me matte for about 6 hours! Which is amazing. I love using this alone and not as a primer because it can make foundations look cakey. Also it's better to use a light hand because a lot of product can bunch up and look cakey. You have to set with a powder or else it will settle in fine lines.

Pros:
A little goes a long way
Great oil control (6+hours)

Cons:
Emphasizes dry patches (not for dry skin :/)
Very small color selection
Can settle in fine lines (need to powder to set)
Can make foundations look cakey (should not be used as a primer)
Price $$$ (but travel size is about $10, which is worth trying)

Overall, I think it is a nice BB cream to have. I have two of the travel sizes,I think it's nice to keep in my purse for emergency touch ups.

on 3/12/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence with that product, it cvers nicely, but there is lots of silicone in it, making the application slippery, feels like it is sitting on top of my skin..I had a mini size, but won't purchase the bigger one..it feels nice and the spf is great, but not crazy about the texture..coverage though is nice...

on 3/11/2015 11:16:00 PM

I bought this product when I was first experimenting with makeup. I didn't want to commit to using foundation because I didn't feel I really needed that much coverage on my skin. When I tried this out it was amazing. It is pretty much my go to bb cream because it gives great coverage. The only thing I didn't necessarily like about this product is that there are only like 4 shades so it can be hard to find the exact shade I want, but overall I really like this bb cream.

on 3/9/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product from the "impulse" displays near the Ulta cashiers just a few days ago and have used it only twice. Once by itself and once over another primer. I found it to be thick and dry. It emphasized the dry patches on my face on the cheeks and forehead. It looked dry and chalky whether I used it with or without a primer under it and had absolutely no glow to it.

But the biggest turnoff to me was that once again the Fair turned quite yellow on my fair skin!

So, even though it's just a small size, I will be returning it.

on 2/17/2015 9:40:00 AM

I bought the mini of this on a whim (Oh, Ulta...your grab and go section near the register kills me!) in Light and was totally blown away. I am usually a tinted moisturizer with concealer user (Sonia Kashuk & Laura Mercier) but have tried a few BB creams and been pretty underwhelmed.

I was thinking that this might be a good primer if I feel like looking a little more polished than just TM can provide, and was pleasantly surprised to see how even the coverage was from this alone. My one complaint with the BB creams I've tried (especially Smashbox) is that they made my pores MORE noticeable, and mine don't usually look that bad/prominent. This was velvety in feel and coverage, without looking cakey. I could easily use this and skip my concealer (for a "gee you look great even without makeup" look) or add concealer/powder on a day I want to look more finished.

For frame of reference: I have normal to dry skin and don't need heavy coverage (I use a little concealer on redness around my nose). The silicone slip feel/look might not appeal to those with oilier skins, but I found it to have the balanced dewy-but-not-greasy look I shoot for. The light was a good color match for me (I use Nude in the Laura Mercier & Linen in the Sonia Kashuk). I often find that "Fair" shades are too light or pink and "Light" shades are too dark. Fairly Light in Bare Minerals is one of the best color matches I've found, and the Tarte Light is looking to be the closest match I've found in a BB/TM.

So...would I buy it again? Right now I'm leaning toward a yes. My hunch is that this will be a good winter staple for me, but might not stay on well in warmer weather. As much as I love playing with makeup, I like a daily routine that doesn't *require* a million products to look decent, but I'd be willing to touch up during the day with some powder if this proves to be as great as it has been in the first few days of use.

on 2/16/2015 2:58:00 PM

Bought a mini travel size to try it. Got medium color. I agree if you have dry skin, it might not blend nicely. I have oily tzone after a few hours but not with this on. Did everything I wanted it to. I used it as my foundation because it was enough coverage. Didn't make me break out. Easy to blend with fingers or with a flat head blending brush. Will re-purchase.

on 2/15/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I'm one of the few that this won't work for, I guess. I have DRY skin and this made my skin even drier, even itchy and scaly. It is extremely matte finish - NO dewy look at all which is a typical trait of BB Creams and why I like them.

I layered 2 applications of Neutrogena BB Cream on top to try to get some life back in my face. But I just end up with cakey, dry scales.

Also I spent time swatching this at Sephora to get the right shade and I chose the lightest (Fair). The next shade, Light seemed very orange in the tube and was way too dark. But when I apply Fair to my entire face, I look goth!

Overall I can tell this is a high quality product but NOT for DRY dry dry skin like mine. And the lack of shades is disappointing. Fair is basically sunscreen white and Light is orange.... What the heck

EDITED: this has been on my face 1 hour and I can't stand it. My face is so dry and itchy, my skin is now stretched tight and is absolutely miserable. This is going back to Sephora tomorrow.

I gave this 3 lippies because it is a great product I think on oily skin.

on 2/5/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is everything I wanted in a bb cream; I didn't know it would even be possible for that to happen, but it did. I wanted something that would match my skin, sheerly even out my skintone, have a matte finish, and not break me out, and this has done all that. Plus it doesn't have a fragrance, and it's stupid easy to apply with my fingers. The texture is very smooth and matte, and it feels good putting it on. And I don't need to use very much, which is a plus because this is an expensive bb cream for me ($35). But when I tested it at Sephora I was amazed. I'd sampled several other bb creams that day and none of them matched my skin, it was very disappointing. But this one, in fair, fits like a glove, and it's good for my oily skin. I am sold. I will re-buy this many times over, I can already tell. One thing - I don't rely on this for sun protection, as I use such a small amount. I put it on over sunscreen (paula's choice) and it doesn't pill or anything, it just sits nicely on top.

on 1/28/2015 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a very nice product. I'm always on a hunt for products pale enough for my very fair skin, and the lightest shade of his product fits the buck great. This applies easily with fingertips. It has a light, silicone feel and gives my skin a medium coverage without feeling like I'm wearing a bunch of product on my face. This honestly lets me feel like I'm wearing foundation without the heavy feeling. This does slip around on my face a little, so I always set with powder. It controls my oil nicely and paired with a good concealer, it's all I need.

on 1/28/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is great bb cream for normal-oily skin. It stays on well, provides medium coverage, and blends imperfections. I love using this by itself with a little cream blush on top on days when I don't have time to do a full face of makeup. It also works well as a foundation! I wouldn't recommend for dry skin. It clings every easily to dry patches. You don't necessarily need a primer underneath this, but using one is just an added bonus. I would atleast use a moisturizer as a base. My only complaint is that some of the shades have an orangey tint to them. Odds are, if you're on the oily side like me, you'll love this!