Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: SunscreenOctinoxate 7.5Zinc Oxide 3.4Inactive ingredients:Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Isododecane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Isoceteth-10, Silica, Lysine HCL, Fragrance, Lecithin, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Citrulline, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Baicalin, Linalool, Limonene, Tripeptide-9 Citrulline, Geraniol, Citral, Eugenol, Coumarin, Citronellol. May contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

This is pretty good stuff but it is definitely way over priced for the small amount you get. The packaging is pretty and simple. Nothing fancy but not cheap either. I do really like the product itself. It goes on very smooth. I was worried when I first went to use it, it looked way too dark for me but it blended out beautifully. It's not a concealer so obviously it doesn't cover much, I see a lot complaining about that. I got it to simply smooth out my face and give a small tint for days I don't feel like wearing much makeup, and it does just that. I can feel it on my face a while after applying it, but just mildly. Kinda has a bit of a minty smell to it? I like it.
It's not something I would put in my must have list, but I would probably buy more if and when I had the money to blow. Still recommend trying to get a promo code and not paying full price.

on 1/31/2015 2:46:00 AM

I already knew this would not have much coverage, but this it does not have any coverage at all. I bought it because i needed a spf for under my makeup or alone which was oil free, I used it a little last summer, but it made my skin break out so I stopped. Really like UD but not this product !

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't mind the UD NS Beauty Balm as a skincare product for casual days, but was disappointed for the price that it didn't provide any coverage at all.

on 1/13/2015 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First of all: Wow! Really expensive! Luckily I bought it with a 40% clearance sale discount at Sephora here in the Netherlands. I'm not surprised about the bad reviews here but for me this works fine. The colour looks great on my fair-medium warm toned skin in the summer. No tango effect here ;).

It doesn't really cover anything but it does make my pores less obvious and it also makes my wrinkles less visible, big plus! Best things as far as I'm concerned are that it gives a matt glow (matt but not chalky or dry looking) and it doesn't feel greasy (like the Garnier primer & bb creams). But let's be honest: it's not really a BB cream. In the winter I use this a primer, I'm very happy with how it works underneath my foundation (YSL Teinte Eclat).

Not sure if I'll repurchase as it's pretty expensive and not easy to get your hands on (UD is not available in the Netherlands, you have to order it through Sephora.fr or .com or Beautybay).

on 1/11/2015 1:11:00 AM

I have tried many BB creams, both drugstore and high end. I don't even understand why this is called a BB cream. There is hardly any tint AT ALL. It does apply smoothly and doesn't appear to oxidize, however there isn't even the minimal coverage present that one would expect from a BB cream. And I find it to also be heavily scented.

on 12/21/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was in search of a new primer and this was recommended to me by the sales girl at one of my local beauty stores. I LOVE Urban Decay products overall but was a bit disappointed with this purchase. It is labeled as a Beauty Balm and claims that you can even ditch your foundation but I wouldn't recommend that. It does not provide any type of coverage if you stick with the color based on your natural skin tone. It has a medicinal smell (my opinion) and recommendations are that you should apply it 15 minutes before "sun exposure" under the directions so my thoughts are that it is best to give this product time to "set" on your face before applying a liquid foundation, which I do, but causes a delay in my rushed weekly 4am morning routine. It also claims that users will see positive results in overall complexion in 8 weeks, and that is also debatable since I have not seen a difference. I would rate it a 3 tops due to the price and the fact that it does not meet the "claims" on the box or by some sales associates that provide us information on new products we desire to try. There are too many other options for primer at a

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My review is based on the bronzing version. I've only used that one, and I love it. It gives a natural glowing look. I'm nw30/35 in mac for reference. I used my entire sample up and will be purchasing. My only gripe is the price.

on 12/14/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the UD Liquid Foundation and was using a different brands primer but still had to use a separate moistuizer before the primer and it was too much for my sensitive skin.. So I decided to buy this BB cream for under my foundation... And I love it! This is very sheer coverage with some more concealer need if i was to wear this alone on days that i am in a hurry or don't want to wear a face of makeup however with that being stated its so light and smooth once I put on my liquid foundation its awesome and so natural looking.. My redness is covered and no breakouts for me since my skin is sensitive and has been dry and oily this time of year for some reason.. I am sure the hot and cold weather is not helping but this is awesome for its benefits.. I have tried several other bb creams with no luck this is the first one that I would buy again once I run out...

on 12/12/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros: - Oil free - Keeps my skin matte the whole day - Blends well into the skin - Texture is not greasy Cons: - Doesn't provide any coverage at all - Smells like colgate toothpaste - Very pricey Overall, I like it for a primer.. Use it everyday under my powder foundation and it doesn't make me shiny the whole day.. It's something for daily use..

on 11/23/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This product does one thing only to a reasonable standard: blurs pores. It doesn't shrink them but does soften the focus. This is less than sheer coverage and can be used at a pinch in place of primer but frankly it doesn't have the staying power to hold up all day. I also found it slightly drying, perhaps due to the strong medicinal scent. It doesn't perform at all like a beauty balm should and the one thing it does OK many other products do better and more.