October 20, 2014 | 1984 users online

BB Cream - Urban Decay - Naked Skin Beauty Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So....I am not able to use ANY sun protection with avo or oxy -benzones. and I need sun protection daily as I use retinoids and am very prone to hyperpigmentation. So, this caught my eye while I was in Sephora one day and I bought it on a whim.

I use some sort of Zinc based sunscreen every morning. And I have a light olive-y skin tone that even a mild white cast just looks....ghastly on. So Sometimes I will mix a dab of bronzer, or makeup into the sunscreen, or apply over it. This is usually how I use this, since I imagine it would be costly and maybe impossible to use it as a sole sunscreen, as it is very runny & thin.

The runniness makes it spread nicely over another sunscreen or mix into it though. The finish is not as matte as I personally prefer but I like that fact that my face looks ALIVE and not masky, chalky, overly done, or dead after I use this. I do have to powder over this or apply a clear primer (Maybelline) to get more of the soft-matte effect. So it really isn't streamlining my am routine at ALL. I like the fact that it is more light diffusing than covering & isn't too light....but hey if I need coverage on a spot or two....I'll use concealer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the problem is that I expected the sort of coverage you get from the Korean BB creams and switching over to this really ruined me. This is nothing more than a moisturizer with SPF. It offers absolutely no coverage at all. I tried to built it but gave up and covered up with my concealer. I am just glad I bought the travel size to test it and didn't pay full price for the large one because I would've promptly turned around and returned it back to ULTA. The L'Oreal BB cream is better than this - not as good as the Skin79 BB creams but better. Skip this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

How is this not rated higher? I adore this stuff. This is a beauty balm so I assume you know it's not to be used as a foundation, or even a tinted moisturizer. It should be used as a primer-moisturizer combo, under your foundation. This gives my skin the most smooth, radiant look - UNDER my regular foundation. By itself, it's nothing special. But under your foundation it totally changes the look of your skin! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a little surprised that this isn't rated higher. I'm not sure what everyone is expecting coverage wise from a BB but this works great for me. I've tried all kinds of BB's, TM and CC's after my Balmshelter TM was discontinued. Perfekt's CC is great for winter but has to be applied over a heavier moisturizer. Now that it's getting hot again here that's not gonna work for me. I don't have acne or major imperfections to conceal but I wouldn't choose a BB or TM for that anyway. I use this over Perfekt gel in Radiant and this evens out my skin tone, blurs imperfections and gives my face a nice glow. I was worried that the one shade fits all color might be a bit light but it adapts to my skin tone even after I got a bit of color. It has SPF but if Im going to be outside I wear this over my sheseido sunscreen instead of the Perfekt gel and still get great results. This may not cover major blemishes but with a little concealer this is all I need for any occassion and it absorbs well, doesn't make me oily or breakout, transfer, settle in to fine lines or emphasize dry patches. This works well for me in hot weather and not having to color match is a real bonus. I bought this in a travel size for $14. The price for a full size is high at $34 but in line with comparable brands like Smashbox or Stila. I'll repurchase and use this throughout the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Kristi10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought a sample of this at Sephora. I will be purchasing a full size of this product because it actually works! My face looks flawless when used in conjunction with a light app of foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by shwin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It was gifted to me and I exchanged it for UD eyeliner. This is a glorified expensive tinted moisturizer. It did absolutely nothing for me but even out my skin the tiniest bit and moisturize. It is extremely thin. I don't like foundations because I feel they make me look too fake. I went back to my Skin79. I had high hopes for this product because everything else I have ever used from UD has become my MUFE

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by veelui

good for winter, pretty moisturizing, it happens to match my skin pretty closely. idk how it will hold up in summer heat so will update later. i bought the 1/2 oz bottle for $14, bc i think the regular size and price is to expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by LauraMacL

Ugh this stuff stinks. It smells like old paint. Not entirely sure what kind of DNA repair its supposed to do- but it's not a moisturizer, it's not makeup, it smears on your skin like silicone, it rolls off if you're not careful applying other products afterward, this product- in comparison to other BB and CC creams out there- is useless. It's an over-priced SPF that smells. I'd expect something like this from Benefit but not Urban Decay. Surprised. Back to the drawing board UD. This one's a loser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by JordyNicky

I use this as a primer under my UD nude foundation 3.5 and it makes my skin look flawless! I just ordered my second tube, love how it smoothes my pores! I just love it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for the no-makeup look in a BB cream, there's this from UD. It's not oil free but it's very lightweight and natural looking. This product did not settle into any lines or wrinkles but the coverage is lacking. There is no glow to the finish; and neither is it matte perfection. An unexceptional product, it makes me look older. I'd rather go bare faced.