April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

BB Cream - Urban Decay - Naked Skin Beauty Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First, I did not purchase this. It was in a silent auction basket I won. However, I do think the price is fairly steep for what it is. Second, I think this is a decent product for what it is. This is not a foundation or an almost foundation bb cream. For me, this falls much closer to the skincare that makes you look instantly better (akin to loreal revitalift). I took this with me on a week long vacay in the Bahamas and I loved using it there. Why? It was easy to apply (fingers), made me look a little more sun kissed, smelled amazing, and did very natural pore filling and slight coverage. I would never wear this to work or a night out, but for errands or a sunny holiday, it's perfect. I wouldn't buy again because it's a specific use product (for fans of alton brown, it's s unitasker) and a good tinted moisturizer could easily replace it. I don't have a tinted moisturizer I like, so I'll use this up and hunt for a more versatile product. Note: my closest foundation match is MAC match master in 1.0, and my skin type is normal to dry (more normal in sunny humid climates like the Bahamas).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

Not bad, but didn't work for me. It's very typical of American-style BB's (sheer to light coverage vs Korean BB that are more like a foundation). It only comes in one colour which looked like it matched at first, but then oxidised too dark and or orange and looked a bit streaky due to the colour difference (and I'm NC20 so I imagine this wouldn't work for anyone lighter, if you're NC25 or over it may work better for you).

It claims to protect against DNA damage, which is true of any product with SPF, but the problem is you'd have to really cake it on to get the SPF protection it states on the label, which most people, including myself, don't do nor want to apply that much BB cream. I wore a separate SPF cream underneath this so that didn't bother me. It also claims to make skin look firmer in 8 weeks which is ridiculous but all products make silly claims so I just ignore all that.

It does feel lightweight though, which I liked, and is a bit moisturising, has a slightly dewy but not greasy finish on my skin. It doesn't last very long, maybe 4 hours unless you powder it and then continue touching up - which I'm not willing to do with this product.

This was a fail for me, and I ended up returning it. Will stick to my Missha Super Aqua Snail BB cream instead - works better for me in every way.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I got this in a sample, and I have only used it ONCE (!)

pros:
- very easy to apply!!
- gives a fabolous mat look

cons:
- the color was to dark for me (without selftanner)
- it covered
- light coverage (too light coverage for my skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by amberisaglitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this in the Naked skin kit and tried it out.
Used it over half of my face and rubbed it in with my fingers and saw pretty much no difference. Did not cover any flaws or imperfections and didn't really even out my skin tone.
Couldn't tell if it hydrated my skin or anything because my skin was already soft and hydrated and did not feel any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by merryj

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, this is the holy grail!

For years my make up had looked like a cakey, oxidized mess at the end of the day. I've searched for years for the perfect combo of 'makeup' and I have finally found it.

I use this with MUFE's HD primer in green. This combo is perfection for my aging, ruddy skin. At the end of the day, my 'makeup' looks just as good as when I put it on in the a.m.

I've never used a BB cream so I can't compare it to anything else but for me, IT WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I waited until after I've purchased my FIFTH tube of this to write a review. It's a staple, I finally love a BB Cream, and after reading the other reviews here, I suspect I still don't know what is or isn't a good one. For me this functions like products that other brands call "CC" (color-correcting) creams. I LOVE the hint of peachy tint. It doesn't have noticeable color on me, but it doesn't get pink or gray on my olive skin. Overall this cream really helps blur my discolorations and it makes my skin look more even-toned. This has no glitter or "glow", and while I wouldn't call it a "mattifier" it does not look greasy or oily or shiny! I feel perfectly comfortable wearing this on its own for day wear, with just a little mascara and lipstick, and this product also makes a fantastic foundation primer. I've been hunting for years for a primer that has SPF 20+ sunscreen with zinc, and here it is. This contains zinc oxide, an inorganic compound sunscreen, and octinoxate (octyl methoxycinnamate), an organic compound sunscreen. I like the fact that this blend of sunscreens both absorbs and scatters UV light. This cream has never irritated my skin or my eyes, and I have not noticed any tanning on my face when I use it regularly. Naked Skin BB cream can be reapplied throughout the day, without streaking or looking dirty, and application makes me look revitalized.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Choctawoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this product to work VERY well for me. I think it must have been made for my skin color and type! If you are oily prone, have visible pores, and olive to medium skin tones like myself, it may be just right for you too! I could see someone with pale skin or cool coloring not being fond of it. It is also probably not for someone with dry and/or mature type skin.
I find it to camouflage my redness, pores and keep my skin matte for most the day!
What a dream come true! Please keep making this product UD! Especially for those of us with oily and ethnic skin! It would be nice to have a wider range of shades though.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say I like Urban Decay products but unfortunately I was disappointed with the Beauty Balm.
I used it alone and as a primer for foundation. So here are my impressions:
IF USED ALONE it doesn't even slightly cover any imperfections and redness. But it makes the skin mat (and it stays so for about 5 hours) and there is even no need to apply powder afterwards. It also gives firm, lifted look to the skin but it is only a temporary effect that passes in 2 hours or so. As for minimising pores, it worked only if applied with Beauty Blender and didn't do anything if applied with fingers. Moreover, when I had dry patches on the skin it did not hydrate but emphasized dryness. And when I used it instead of my day cream I felt like my skin was lack of moisture ( I have oily/combination skin.)
IF USED WITH Expensive FOUNDATION BB doesn't make much of a difference. My skin looked the same way as if I did not use BB as a primer.
IF USED WITH Cheaper FOUNDATION the difference is more visible, mostly because the skin with BB stays mat longer.
Conclusion: I feel like this Beauty Balm is a useless extra step in my make up. Any good quality day cream that mattifies and contains SPF can do the same things and there is no need to apply this primer in between and definitely it cannot be used instead of the moisturiser as it does not hydrate enough. So why to spend money for it?...
Recently I bought Garnier BB for oily skin and it is A) cheaper B) gives a slight coverage C) can be used instead of a day cream or/and instead of a foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sephora sells a travel size. I tried it. I am pale it was just too dark. I sent it back.

I read it helps DNA (eyebrow goes up).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by violingrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As far as BB creams go, this is very light-textured with a sheer coverage. It comes in one shade that is definitely not universal, but works on a variety of skin tones. If you have extremely fair or dark skin, or are looking for a product with more than a minimal amount of coverage, I would steer clear of this one. That being said, this is fantastic as a primer and skin perfector. I put it on over moisturizer and then add a little concealer or foundation where I need more coverage, and it gives my skin a great dewy-but-not-greasy finish, and is a great base for the rest of my makeup. This product looks scarily orange in the tube, but blends in really smoothly. It never really looks like I have makeup on, but my skin is noticably better once I've applied this. It's great on days when I don't want to spend a lot of time on makeup but still want to look polished, or as a primer under foundation when I want heavier coverage.