November 26, 2014 | 1699 users online

BB Cream - Urban Decay - Naked Skin Beauty Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by strawberiiicecream

When I swatched this on my hand in Sephora, I was amazed at its texture--it felt smooth, silky, easy to blend and quickly matched up to my skin tone perfectly! I was worried that bb creams might over oxidize into a lighter or orange shade but not this one. I was with my friend whose skin tone was much lighter than mine and when she tried it, it also turned into her skintone perfectly after a few seconds. At that moment I knew I just had to buy this product especially with all the awesome benefits such as "optical blurring (perfect for my oh-so-evident-pores and uneven pigmentation) listed on the box. I loved it so much that I opted to just buy the full sized bottle instead (1.18 fl oz for around $36) immediately. But when I got to use it the next day on my face, I was not as amazed as I was in the store. It still had it's smooth silky feel but it gave me absolutely NO COVERAGE.

It was nothing that its description said: ["Naked Skin Beauty Balm is invisible on your skin (zero rub-off): the universal shade glides on and dries down to a translucent, flawless finish that works on most skintones."]...... It sure sure is invisible like it says though--as if I wore no makeup at all--my skin literally absorbed it and every discoloration and faintest acne scar I had was still evident after application! I tried applying another layer but my skin just absorbed it again and gave me absolutely no coverage at all. One thing that I DID like about this (probably the only thing) is that it gave my skin a nice glow which I guess is great for people with flawless skin. Even though this product did not do anything visibly different towards my skin, it did make my t-zone area extra oily than any other BB cream I've used (ugh). Also for the "Zero-rub off" part..well don't expect good staying power; if it made my skin oily, I'm pretty sure some product DID rub off.

I gave this product a week trial and since it did absolutely nothing and for it's price I decided to return it. If you're someone who has smooth, flawless skin and want to splurge on something that gives you a natural glow, then give this Beauty Balm a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have started to really dislike using foundation every day because I feel as if it looks too fake and covers up my natural freckles and such. I was using other tinted moisturizers which i liked to use in conjunction with a concealer and my bronzer every day for a more natural look, but with my oily skin type, this was not conducive to all-day wear. I need at least twelve hours of wear out of my makeup, with one or two blots/powders.

I started using this BB cream and hated it at first- I used it with my fingers to rub it into my skin like a lotion, and I was getting no coverage at all- it was more like a primer. However, I picked it back up a few months later and began using it with a flat topped synthetic brush to buff it into the skin and now I LOVE it. It is so radiant without looking greasy, and lasts all day long! It also gives me a bit of coverage and color, so I only need a little concealer on any blemishes or around the nose afterwards. Clients ask me what is on my skin on a daily basis, and are shocked that it is only a glorified tinted moisturizer!! My bronzer blends on top seamlessly and I only need to powder my nose about halfway through the day and then I am all set :) I definitely love my Naked Skin.

I additionally like the tube packaging because it is easy to get out every last drop and travel with it. I do think it is a little pricey but not so bad that I wouldn't buy it again, just a little bit on the expensive side. But it is worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by albs

I use this product as a primer, and I love it for this purpose. I bought a travel size of this since I've heard such mixed reviews. The colour seems far too dark for me but it does blend nicely and I haven't noticed any orange-y cast to my skin once I've blended it in to my skin. It evens out my skin tone a little but I mostly use this under foundation. It helps to reduce the appearance of my (fairly large) pores, improves foundation application and generally makes my skin look smoother and more perfected. I really dislike the smell- I think it smells like mint and feet. Ew. I usually apply it over a moisturizer with SPF but sometimes I forgo the moisturizer and just use this which is nice for saving time in the morning. I really wish that Sephora carried this in the 3 shades instead of the one "universal" shade because I would prefer to go for the light version, though this one does work well especially in the summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did nothing, maybe slightly evened my skin tone but made it look pretty dull. Dull is not a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So....I am not able to use ANY sun protection with avo or oxy -benzones. and I need sun protection daily as I use retinoids and am very prone to hyperpigmentation. So, this caught my eye while I was in Sephora one day and I bought it on a whim.

I use some sort of Zinc based sunscreen every morning. And I have a light olive-y skin tone that even a mild white cast just looks....ghastly on. So Sometimes I will mix a dab of bronzer, or makeup into the sunscreen, or apply over it. This is usually how I use this, since I imagine it would be costly and maybe impossible to use it as a sole sunscreen, as it is very runny & thin.

The runniness makes it spread nicely over another sunscreen or mix into it though. The finish is not as matte as I personally prefer but I like that fact that my face looks ALIVE and not masky, chalky, overly done, or dead after I use this. I do have to powder over this or apply a clear primer (Maybelline) to get more of the soft-matte effect. So it really isn't streamlining my am routine at ALL. I like the fact that it is more light diffusing than covering & isn't too light....but hey if I need coverage on a spot or two....I'll use concealer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the problem is that I expected the sort of coverage you get from the Korean BB creams and switching over to this really ruined me. This is nothing more than a moisturizer with SPF. It offers absolutely no coverage at all. I tried to built it but gave up and covered up with my concealer. I am just glad I bought the travel size to test it and didn't pay full price for the large one because I would've promptly turned around and returned it back to ULTA. The L'Oreal BB cream is better than this - not as good as the Skin79 BB creams but better. Skip this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

How is this not rated higher? I adore this stuff. This is a beauty balm so I assume you know it's not to be used as a foundation, or even a tinted moisturizer. It should be used as a primer-moisturizer combo, under your foundation. This gives my skin the most smooth, radiant look - UNDER my regular foundation. By itself, it's nothing special. But under your foundation it totally changes the look of your skin! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a little surprised that this isn't rated higher. I'm not sure what everyone is expecting coverage wise from a BB but this works great for me. I've tried all kinds of BB's, TM and CC's after my Balmshelter TM was discontinued. Perfekt's CC is great for winter but has to be applied over a heavier moisturizer. Now that it's getting hot again here that's not gonna work for me. I don't have acne or major imperfections to conceal but I wouldn't choose a BB or TM for that anyway. I use this over Perfekt gel in Radiant and this evens out my skin tone, blurs imperfections and gives my face a nice glow. I was worried that the one shade fits all color might be a bit light but it adapts to my skin tone even after I got a bit of color. It has SPF but if Im going to be outside I wear this over my sheseido sunscreen instead of the Perfekt gel and still get great results. This may not cover major blemishes but with a little concealer this is all I need for any occassion and it absorbs well, doesn't make me oily or breakout, transfer, settle in to fine lines or emphasize dry patches. This works well for me in hot weather and not having to color match is a real bonus. I bought this in a travel size for $14. The price for a full size is high at $34 but in line with comparable brands like Smashbox or Stila. I'll repurchase and use this throughout the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Kristi10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought a sample of this at Sephora. I will be purchasing a full size of this product because it actually works! My face looks flawless when used in conjunction with a light app of foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by shwin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It was gifted to me and I exchanged it for UD eyeliner. This is a glorified expensive tinted moisturizer. It did absolutely nothing for me but even out my skin the tiniest bit and moisturize. It is extremely thin. I don't like foundations because I feel they make me look too fake. I went back to my Skin79. I had high hopes for this product because everything else I have ever used from UD has become my MUFE