Garnier Olia

2.5

on 5/15/2015 3:34:00 AM

Tried to find a replacement for Excell10. This one promised the closest colour(on the box).while using it after 10 mins, looked too dark. I quickly put in the colour on the ends and made sure it went evenly all over as I knew the colour would be very different to my usual one. When I finished and styled my hair it was very patchy and had not coloured all the grey roots.
A very poor product. Please can't we have excell10 back.
Although I cover grey roots regularly ,anyone know how long I have to wait before I should try again with another product. AND more important WHAT product should I try???

on 5/13/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Tried what appeared to be one of the all-time great auburn colors (tossed the box after a
very bad experience). The color ran into the tub through four all-at-once shampoos, so I
resorted to using Dawn dishwashing liquid, which seems to do wonders for oil-slicked
ducks and birds. Two Dawns and three days later, I got caught in the rain, unfortunately
wearing a new pair of white jeans. Red rain spatters didn't wash out, no matter how
strong the detergent, and then -- no kidding! -- and application of Soft Scrub finally
removed the industrial strength Olia color deposit. Been coloring my hair since I
climbed out of the crib, and NEVER had such a traumatizing experience. Back to my
tried-and-true bottled L'Oreal! Olia's scary!!!

on 5/12/2015 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Garnet Red is so pretty I like this color and it compliments my skin color. Yet, it leaves my hair like straw. I read the ingredients although it may not have ammonia it has products that are similar and react like protein. Anyone that has protein sensitive hair beware. I still love and use it no matter how hard and stiff my hair is afterward. I use a plastic bag and sleep in a deep rich creamy condition that makes it soft. This color is so pretty and so worth it, I purchase lots of boxes every time I go to the store just in case they stop making it. Also, I must say the protein in the product that they use keeps my hair strong, healthy and thick.

The ammonia in other dyes even the ones that said no ammonia thin out my hair cuticle left my hair real quick to break off and my hair stop growing and broke it off each time I used it. You want strong thick hair continue using and get a deep rich condition. Your hair will grow and stay healthy.

on 5/10/2015 1:54:00 AM

I read several bad reviews, before purchasing Garnier Olia in Dark Garnet Red, but decided to give it a shot regardless and I'm glad I did!

When I opened the package, I really liked the mixer bottle, it's one of the best I have seen and since it opens wide, you can really get the last of the dye in the bottle. No dye goes to waste because its stuck on the edges! I loved that! I also noticed the scent of the dye. It didn't smell harsh, I'd actually say the scent was pleasant. The dye mixed quickly and application was very simple. The formula was thick and stayed put where i applied it.

My hair had previously been dyed blue black and had about 2 inches of new growth. I have had some experience with having to strip my dyed black hair before being able to go red, but the box listed black as a start color, so I decided to just try it out. I started application at the bottom and worked up to my new growth. One box surprisingly covered my entire head. I am typically accustomed to having to purchase two boxes to cover my hair. I waited 30 minutes and then rinsed (many note that the dye is very oily and difficult to get out of the hair, however, I did not experience this at all.), applied the conditioner and blow dried.

I am very pleased with the end result. My new growth is slightly lighter than the rest of my hair, but it actually blends nicely. As for the black, it is now a lovely dark purpley red! I'm not typically one to write reviews, but I feel like this dye is getting a bad rap and this could be because formulation changes or different hair types, but I have found this dye to successfully do it's job! As far a longevity, only time will tell, but I am currently happy to have taken a risk by buying this dye.

on 4/29/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this stuff a couple years ago when I wanted to go from the faded strawberry blonde that I had back to my favorite shade of plum black. I bought it because it was on sale (and there's probably a reason for that). I'm not sure how this happened since it has the word OIL in the name, but the texture of my hair became completely f***ed after I used this!! My hair is already naturally dry and coarse and this stuff made it even worse. Normally when I dye my hair it feels soft and luxurious afterwards but I was not expecting dry-as-a-desert hair after this application. I'm not sure how it worked for other hair types, but based on the overall rating, stay AWAY from this product!! Especially if you have high maintenance hair like me. It just makes your life even more difficult.

on 4/26/2015 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used this in the colour Frosted Chocolate. My hair is already a very similar colour to the dye, so i just needed to cover my slightly lighter brown roots and the odd grey. I like the overall colour result, but it's quite uneven and my roots are still visible in places. The worst part is that it's left my thick, dry hair feeling very greasy and lank. Not impressed with this product.

on 4/19/2015 1:11:00 PM

I bought this product to colour my hair a light brown. My hair is currently blonde with brown roots and wanted to become a brunette.
My Mom convinced me to buy it because its ammonia free. So I did.
After reading all the instructions and getting everything ready.
We used the whole bottle on my hair, it was spread evenly.
When I was showering I noticed how oily the stuff was and it wasn't coming out. I tried my best to get rid of all the oiliness and i couldn't. So I used the conditioner and got out. I thought it would go away.
7 hours later i took out my hair to notice, there's barely any colour difference. My hair is just oily. Like I touch it and it leaves oiliness on my fingers. I'm very disappointed in this product.
I will say I will never ever buy it again. waste of money.

on 4/15/2015 9:40:00 PM

I wish they had a money back guarantee on this product. Very disappointed that after three applications I can still see my natural colour with my grown out highlights but I have awesomely red roots....

I bought it on sale in Canada for $8.99 so I can't complain about the price in comparison to others I saw but it usually is retailed for $15.99.

I purchased the 4.6 Dark Auburn and was dying my hair from medium brown with some grown out blondish highlights. I followed all directions accordingly, completed the process and found a lot of my brown hair where my highlights are still showing. Looking kind of silly that only my roots were this redish colour I did a second application and had a friend help to ensure all the areas I though I had missed were coloured heavily. Upon rinsing and styling the second application I found again that the dye did not cover my highlights nor did it colour over my natural colour? I applied a third colouring to the lower lengths of my hair where the dye had absolutely no affect. After my third application and rinse I am completely disappointed that I have a great redish colour in my hair but it's only in my roots and was not able to dye over the highlights nor my natural brown in the lengths of my hair.

Luckily I have another day off work so I can buy a different brand of hair dye to attempt to go back to brunette..

on 4/15/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had brown/gingery hair and wanted to lighten it to a dark blonde. I used bleach first and then put this product blonde 8.0 to go on top. it smells okay, the bottle is hard to use once you have the gloves on. I did the 48hour skin test as advised but once I used this product on my hair it caused a rash on my face and scalp, it couldn't have been the bleach as I had bleached my hair a week before using this. very disappointed in this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

No ammonia best part. It works, it stains, my bathroom, sink, tub, towels, my pillows, sheets, floor, I did over my fading edh hair turning orangey, and the roots were heavily coming in a lot, so I used this. Better than nuteisse. I did not get a light intense auburn, I got a burgundy tint to my red hair underneath. The orange is gone. Brownish red is what I was looking for, natural, I know reds fade fast, I heard this may alst a while from other reviews, it is oil empowered, I wish that it does last. I will shall use use coconut oil, this did not damage my hair thank g-d. I only needed one box to mix for my pastshoulder length hair, It came out like a dark cherry. Nice. In sunlight nd florescent lighting a real cola cherry colour. Anyhow, now crazy red colours or oranges. I have colour protectants ssampoos. and conditioners riveting reds Aveda, Garnier, and Redken. I like their shampoos, and conditioners and other stuff like sprays and creemes in their systems. So I baught and used his, even though I'm a morrocanoil fan. I sue this dye when I cannot afforod the salon every two montsh every eight weeks. My hair grows fast like wild fire, upkeep is a must, The black gloves is nice. I leave on for 35 minutes, the water didn't run clwear for 6-8 washes, it stained alortof stuff,many towels and outfits ruined, even I wore when while processing my hair that I did not care about. I washed in cold water. I like the teardrop shaped bottle and the flowery (floral small) but the bottle kepty slipping (slippery) out so I hadda be carefull . To avoid hot roots (roost lighter than rest fo hari) I coloured the rest first and rots last and it comaflauged nice coverage for these stubborn grays too as well. I am happy with the coloour lasted a lot longer than other boxes, many boxes ended up as a disspoointments. This is good for people with natural bleach blonde hair, if you do it over brown of any shade you will only get a tint. I let my hair air-dry. I get compliments as well. I will use again. Once again I did this over fading red-orange hair with grown out roots so it helped mucho,had already been two weeks since I puchased the item and processed my hair with itI hope it lasts much longer, plus last but not least the conditioner tube the packet, isg reat, Ic an use it for manyw ashes in the future. I love the smell mango butter? Not sure, but whatever it is, I love it mucho. It turned lighter burgundy by now. I get leerey about boxes, I usually go on a trip to the salon,but this time in this case I heard good reviews. Once I use d a faulty old Loreal Pereferance box deep burgundy, my hair came out gothic jet raven blaack, big disappointment, so expiration dates and new boxes are super impoartant to me, Ic na tell when I wash the colour out the quantity and quality. Good price for the hair colour. so totally worth it