January 30, 2015 | 946 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Olia

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by robertasummers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Garnier Olia is a great product. Gentle on the scalp and good color, however the packaging makes it so frustrating to use that I'm looking around for another non-ammonia product. Why have you made it so ridiculously hard to use? Since I can't buy the Medium Golden Blonde in my city, I have to order it online and I order six at a time. The boxes are too big to store. Then it's almost impossible to get the developer out of the tube and into the dispenser. Why don't you put the developer in the dispenser? Once I get the color and the developer into the dispenser it takes five minutes to get them to mix together. Today I'd was ready to put on the after color conditioner and for the umpteenth time couldn't get the cap off and had to get out of the shower and get a rubber glove to give me some grip--still couldn't get the cap off. For the fourth or fifth time, I got scissors and cut the bottom off so I could use it. Who is the foggy blue morning designed your packaging? Send them back to the drawing board to rethink it so the product is user friendly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by aleigh35

I've been a serial red-hair-dye hopper. I can't commit to a single brand, and this one didn't change me, but it's very, very good. I used 4.6 Dark Intense Auburn (a shade which doesn't seem to exist in the UK?? The 4.6 here is Deep Red and that is muuuuuuch bolder than the shade in the US).

This wasn't any more or less drying than any other box dye, but I would buy a tube of the conditioner if I could. Didn't reek, but my sense of smell is pretty weak, so it might stink if you're more sensitive to smell. The botlle was awkward to hold, especially in a plastic gloved hand; I liked the skinny little nozzle, though. Ran like crazy the first few water rinses, and I had some issues with it bleeding onto clothes/towels/pillowcases, but surprisingly, all of that washed out in the washing machine. No permanent stains!

This color is STUCK IN. It wasn't the exact shade I wanted and it didn't look much like the box (surprise surprise), so I knocked off one lippie for that, but it is absolutely stellar in terms of permanence. I wash my hair 2-3x a week, sometimes sulfate-free, sometimes not, and this has held up wonderfully. It's faded, but is still noticeably red- a feat, for a drugstore box dye! Give it a whirl if you have brand commitment issues like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jplakhot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been dying my hair with henna, but my last few attempts gave me black on non-virgin hair and a golden brown at the roots (virgin hair). To fix the oops, I dyed the whole head with darkest brown colour 3.0. Although the bottle applicator was horrible and you needed to shake it with two hands otherwise it slipped out, the colour went on nicely and the dye job looked pretty even. Except that my hair was pretty close to black (not really brown like the box) and lightened very slightly over the next 6 weeks. The roots were getting horrible (I am a medium ash brown naturally), so I decided to lighten up the colour with the medium brown 5.0. BIG MISTAKE!!! The dark hair got even more black yikes!!!, not even a hint of brown, and the roots went lighter than what they were before, definitively no medium brown. I now have no idea how to lighten my hair without frying it, or having to keep dying it black all over so my roots match. SOS.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by juliettexx19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour came out blotchy, even though I made sure my hair was well covered, and the colour did not hold at all, washed out after 2-3 washes, which for my hair is crazy - my hair normally stubbornly holds onto colour, and I was trying to go from a medium/light brown to dark brown; I ended up with a ring of gold brown hair in the middle, yet the roots and ends went dark. But that's ok, because it washed out so soon anyways! Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Teepalombo

Beautiful packaging , however the applicator bottle is not practical at all , this dye did not smell chemically at all but it doesn't deposit color well . At least not on my colour treated hair , I didn't find my hair shinier after coloring , I found it tangled and very dry . Tried this product twice in golden brown or dark golden brown I forgot but both times it didn't deposit much colour and faded quickly . Would not repurchase .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by gigigirl000

Suckers! who bought this crap? Garnier uses WIGS on their models in their Tv commercials......Do not put this junk on your hair unless u want bad hair for a year or a crew cut!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by LILLY7979

I have previously dyed blond hair. I hadn't had a touch up for over 3 months so i had a lot of regrowth. my natural hair color is very light brown. I used the lightest blond color. I found the coverage to be great, my hair feels the same as it did before i dyed it, my only problem was it didn't lift my roots enough. I left it on for 15 min longer than specified but still have slightly orange roots. I am hoping another application will help.
I loved the fact it didn't smell bad at all, the applicator bottle is the stupidest thing ever. you cant get a good grip on it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by jenf728

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've also dyed my hair by myself for several years without a problem but this product is a nightmare. I followed the instructions precisely and didn't leave it on for too long but it has totally destroyed what was very good condition hair. I have long hair and I expect it will take years to recover from this, and that's if I don't have to cut it all off. I first noticed a problem when running my fingers through my hair to apply the after care conditioner. I could tell distinctly that my hair was frazzled even when wet and with the conditioner on. When I dried it it didn't seem to bad at first but a week later it's still getting worse. My long shiny hair is now a frizzy mop. When I brush it, as well as lots of hair coming out, there's hundreds of split ends breaking off which never happened before. I'm absolutely gutted at what it has done to me after spending years being so careful with y hair. Also, it did not cover the grey bits although this is the least of my problems at the minute. Not only will I never, ever, ever use this product again, I really believe it is very damaging and should not be on the market. If you're considering using this - don't do it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by aussiesummernight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been dyed my hair at home since forever and rarely have anything happened until 2 weeks ago i have to pay 400$ for the salon to rescue my hair. My hair is long about 65cm, so i bought 3 boxes of Olia Light Brown 6.0 and it's totally ruined my hair.
The result came out, i have reverse ombre bright reddish at the scalp and very very dark toward end. it didn't covered well, leave my hair patchy and funny, and under sunlight my hair look like Merida but in a ugly way. I can not describe how angry and regretful i am when came to approach this good looking box for nothing Olia. Never ever buy it again.