Garnier Olia

2.5

on 4/5/2015 9:47:00 AM

I bought the medium brown hair dye to cover my greys. Found the use quite easy, product even smelled ok, but the results are non existant.... My greys are still grey, it didn't cover anything at all.... Am quite disappointed. Garnier needs to rethink that product!

on 4/4/2015 11:28:00 PM

My scalp is really sensitive so i was staying away from coloring my hair for a while, but recently have been noticing grey hairs here and there and decided it is time to color my hair. Despite all the bad reviews, i decided to try Olia, since it did not seem to be as damaging to my scalp as other hair dyes with ammonia. I used Dark Golden Brown color and pretty happy with the results. My hair are just below shoulder length and in one box there was enough product to color it all. The mixing wasn't difficult, and it is no more difficult than other boxed hair dyes... Not sure why is everyone complianing about that. The application wasn't particularly tricky either. I always expect some mess when dying my hair at home, but with Olia it was about average.
Overall, im happy with the product and will use again. Especially given that my sensitive scalp is ok after coloring and i like the hair color.

on 3/25/2015 10:02:00 PM

Awful!! I thought Id give this dye a try since it appeared to be a permanent nourishing colour. I wanted something that would sustain brightness and colour. I purchased the intense copper. My hair was a natural mousy blonde and a brighter blonde at the bottom. I'd dyed my hair this colour previously but with semi ferria colour so I knew my hair took to it fine before with another dye. Anyway so for starts the bottle is just a weird shape and material and difficult to get a grip on so now my bathroom is dyed. I found it odd that it was to be applied to dry hair. Normally colours like this are applied to wet hair. So yeah it just didn't look right when first applying it looked really light like basically clear and didn't appear to be taking much effect for a very long while, of course it doesn't take effect straight away but it just looked weird like you know it should start to change quite alot in this hair colour senario. Then it looked as though some parts of my hair were going purple, bits were taking more than others and there seemed to be all sorts of weird shades going on. It was. Also incredibly difficult to spread, this was probably due to the dry hair application I dunno it's wasn't right. I covered it all and it looked like purple it was really dark. I left it for the time stated half hour then when I wahed it out and towel dried it looked really light. I brush my hair and it's like peach coloured. It's practicalky still blonde with peach colouring to it with bits of blonde that look like they've not been touched and then random bits and patches of bright orange m. It was such a mess awful. I followed all correct Steps and I've never had trouble with this colour in other brands. Usually get great bright even coverage so not just me being stupid. I had to go out and get loreal ferria to go over

on 3/23/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I waited a full 2 weeks to review this haircolor. After reading all the negatives I wanted to give it a fair shake. I have partial greying hair. I use a dark brown color. I am not picky. Recently I have been coloring with foam color (John Freda’s) and not thrilled with the grey coverage. I just happened to have a coupon for Garnier and as a luck would have it, the drug store was out of the color I needed in the foam version. So I tried this blind without seeing all the negatives prior. In a nutshell:
Cons:
1) The mixing process is a hassle
2) The Applicator bottle is oversized and awkward
Other than that – its haircolor? They are all more or less THE SAME…
Pros:
1) Complete grey coverage
2) Little to no ammonia smell
3) Color has not faded (dark brown anyway complaints seem to be linked to red?)
As someone who has to color every 4-6 weeks the cumbersome applicator is enough to make me run from purchasing again. But the color has lasted just as long if not longer than other brands, and initial grey coverage has been better than most.

This hair dye is terrible. The application bottle is lousy and hard to grip due to it being round and the product just doesn't work.
I left it on for the time period and it didn't change anything, like didn't even change my regrowth which since i am a blonde and my hair is red should have at least changed that but it didn't.
Do not waste your money on this product. I've not got to wait until my hair recovers enough to try again, this time i think ill pay someone to do it for me.

on 3/19/2015 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have dark brown hair and I find it boring, so I thought black would be nice to try since it is also dark it should be fairly easy to maintain. I did not want to use harsh hair dye so I tried this one.

I used the darkest black the first time, and then the blue black the second time. I was looking for that shiny black color.

They both looked awesome after dyeing, but after only a few washes started to fade.

The darkest black was okay, turned to brownish black in a couple weeks... The blue black shade was the worst, after the first wash it lost half the blue tones, and after second and third wash it was back to plain brownish black... meh. I used colour protect shampoo and conditioner. It is becoming less and less black with each wash, it is still dark but has some brown locks.

So this made me give up on black hair colour. I am going to try some shade of brown a bit lighter than mine, but not Olia again after this... And I didn't see any brown shade interesting enough to make me consider trying Olia again.

Is this supposed to be permanent? It really doesn't last...

on 3/18/2015 2:38:00 PM

on 3/15/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Did not like this product at all, it did not cover my gray roots . The color which was deposited vanished quickly . Probably the worst I have ever used. I have found and excellent product since though . Check my next review.

on 3/12/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Usually I can find at least one redeeming quality of a product I've purchased but the only appreciation I have is for the gloves because they're an improvement from most box dyes which come with huge giant bigfoot gloves.

Anyways, I believe I've used this color in a shade of auburn, dark brown, and also light brown. Not sure the actual #'s but I doubt that makes a difference.

I HATE the applicator bottle. I get trying to beat the competition but they're not blowing anyone out of the water with that giant bulbous bottle. Not only is it large in comparison to the amount of product, which makes me panicked thinking I need to buy more, but when the gloves get covered with dye during, the bottle slips out of my hands because its so smooth and round. But OK that could just be my own derpiness.

The actual color coverage is piss poor. I'm like the Bruce Lee of hair dying lol, I mean I'm not the new kid on the block and though I'm thorough, the shit just doesn't penetrate.

and WORST OF ALL, the conditioner is basically the same as the regular garnier conditioner you can buy for 3$. Like really? I mean honestly, L'oreal Excellence comes with some kick ass conditioner even Revlon colorsilk beats the watery crap that comes with this product. Like maybe if they didn't spend money trying to reconstruct the bottle to be some hard-to-handle goofy lightbulb thing, they could've invested in some actual deep conditioner.

So, theres my rant. If you wan't good color, I suggest taking your bum to Sallys or a beauty supply and purchasing Ion or Wella brand. However if you're not comfortable enough to mix and pick your own color + developer or prefer a box dye that comes with all the extras, I suggest L'oreal Excellence, Feria, even Revlon Colorsilk before this.

on 3/8/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was very impressed by this product. Mixing was easy.. cream had a pleasant smell. I was dreading the dye stains I typically get all over after dying my hair black but when I got out of the shower I had none! The conditioner that comes with it made the dye come out easier. 100% grey coverage. Will repurchase again.

Popular Hair Color Products