Garnier Olia

2.5

on 3/18/2015 2:38:00 PM

on 3/15/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Did not like this product at all, it did not cover my gray roots . The color which was deposited vanished quickly . Probably the worst I have ever used. I have found and excellent product since though . Check my next review.

on 3/12/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Usually I can find at least one redeeming quality of a product I've purchased but the only appreciation I have is for the gloves because they're an improvement from most box dyes which come with huge giant bigfoot gloves.

Anyways, I believe I've used this color in a shade of auburn, dark brown, and also light brown. Not sure the actual #'s but I doubt that makes a difference.

I HATE the applicator bottle. I get trying to beat the competition but they're not blowing anyone out of the water with that giant bulbous bottle. Not only is it large in comparison to the amount of product, which makes me panicked thinking I need to buy more, but when the gloves get covered with dye during, the bottle slips out of my hands because its so smooth and round. But OK that could just be my own derpiness.

The actual color coverage is piss poor. I'm like the Bruce Lee of hair dying lol, I mean I'm not the new kid on the block and though I'm thorough, the shit just doesn't penetrate.

and WORST OF ALL, the conditioner is basically the same as the regular garnier conditioner you can buy for 3$. Like really? I mean honestly, L'oreal Excellence comes with some kick ass conditioner even Revlon colorsilk beats the watery crap that comes with this product. Like maybe if they didn't spend money trying to reconstruct the bottle to be some hard-to-handle goofy lightbulb thing, they could've invested in some actual deep conditioner.

So, theres my rant. If you wan't good color, I suggest taking your bum to Sallys or a beauty supply and purchasing Ion or Wella brand. However if you're not comfortable enough to mix and pick your own color + developer or prefer a box dye that comes with all the extras, I suggest L'oreal Excellence, Feria, even Revlon Colorsilk before this.

on 3/8/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was very impressed by this product. Mixing was easy.. cream had a pleasant smell. I was dreading the dye stains I typically get all over after dying my hair black but when I got out of the shower I had none! The conditioner that comes with it made the dye come out easier. 100% grey coverage. Will repurchase again.

The worst. I have dark thick hair and have to use bleach blonde dye to turn it any shade lighter, which in the past has always worked fine. However, with this devil my hair was left patchy and awful. Stay away. Don't even walk in the aisle it's lurking in. Danger! Danger!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

WARNING. OLIA GARNIER HAIR COLOR DOES CAUSE HAIR BREAKAGE.
I am no amateur to hair coloring. This past summer, I took a break and let my hair 'breathe' from coloring with my normal 'Feria', which I love. I had it trimmed, deep conditioned it twice a week and let my naturally curly hair hang loose and free from styling products or my blow dryer. I had intended to make a 'color' change in October and I wanted my hair to be beautiful. I took excellent care of my hair.
October, I decided to try Olia Hair color, noting it did not contain 'ammonia' and was 'gentle', yet covered gray. My hair was in very good shape, no problems. I used Olia, loved the un-chemical smell, the packaging, the ease of application, which I followed completely. The coverage was decent, although somewhat patchy, but my hair being curly and a lot of it, I didn't complain. I noticed hair breakage, but, again, did not feel too concerned. My hair felt a little stiff, somewhat plastic, but felt that would pass after a thorough shampoo and conditioning. It didn't, and my hair was 'breaking' after every normal shampoo. I use L'oreal cleansing conditioner, leave in conditioner and oleo shine serum, as well as the hair mask, for deep conditioning.
Okay, November, root time again. Hair is feeling very stiff to the point I can no longer run my hands through my hair and now, I am getting concerned about the breakage, which was not normal. Had my hair trimmed again, but it did not alleviate the 'helmet head' feel or the breakage. Still would not admit it was Olia.
December, root touchup, the breakage would not stop and I was 'shedding cat balls' all over my home. My hair did not feel like my hair. I had no allergic reaction to this product, but I could no longer admit, something was not wrong. Alot of people are complaining about hair breakage with this product, but I passed it off. I decided to have my hair 'cut' to a jaw length curly bob, feeling that would alleviate the problem.
Nope and my January root touchup and all the breakage after that major hair cut, plus the horrible 'feel' of my hair, convinced me, enough was enough.
I removed Olia completely, using L'oreal Super Blonde, watching the bleach process like a 'hawk' and lifted it to a level 7, copper red. I had to do this to remove the 'candle wax sludge buildup' of this haircolor and return my hair to it's normal, soft, curly texture. I wanted this formula completely gone from my head. My hair is now back to it's silky curls. I experienced no breakage even after bleaching and it styles beautifully once again.
IT IS MARCH AND STILL, NO BREAKAGE.
Anyone will lose normal resting hair, but using Olia haircolor, my hair breakage was way beyond normal and the 'rat ball nest' feeling was horrible. I have never had that experience in my lifetime of using haircolor. By the way, I take no prescription medicine or anything else, that might have caused or added to my dilemma.
PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION. If you notice a lot of hair breakage, do not think it is you, stop using this product. The complaints, that other's have had, is very valid. I never have done a review, but feel so strongly about this, I had to tell you my experience. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING and I wish I had listened to other reviewers here and on other sites, who had this same experience. I wish I could give this product a '0' lippie and am very turned off to all of the entire 'garnier' products because of it.

on 2/28/2015 10:02:00 PM

5 words - I do noe t recommend this product.
If you'rlike me and you find yourself reading these reviews and decide to go ahead and use this product, be prepared to be disappointed. I purchased this product a few nights ago thinking the ammonia free would be helpful. Although the smell of the product was nice, the rest was a complete disaster. First of all, the packaging is so, so useless. The developer bottle is half empty and the mixing bottle is empty, unlike other products that use the mixing bottle to package the developer. Just a complete waste of space for no reason. Second, I mixed the product like the instructions said - I bought the "soft black" color thinking it would be light enough to know it was black, but not outstandingly - to my disappointment, after washing the product I noticed there was more brown and less black. I used up the whole bottle so how in the world do you get more brown and black? Here's why - after washing my hair, most of it came out.... It took a total of 35 minutes of washing, conditioning, then washing again, conditioning again just to get the black out of hair. I have never had this experience with any other product but this one. On an average, it takes me 5 minutes to rinse out the color and then it stays, but, this product doesn't last. After washing my hair last night in cold water, more hair dye came out and after blow drying my hair (with heat protected thats safe for color treated hair) more of the color had faded and my hair looked its original color. This is not the first time I have dyed my hair black, so no my hair did not reject the color - anyhow, don't purchase the product. If you already bought it, take it back and ask for a refund. I wouldn't recommend its difficulty, its packaging, its color - nothing. Seriously, don't do it. Listen to the reviews and take our advice - it is NOT worth it.

on 2/24/2015 11:20:00 AM

No! Don't do it! It's the worse thing I've ever used on my hair. I've been dying my hair for over 20yrs so I'm not new to this. Bought the intense auburn color and applied as directed. It came out the first 2 inches were like Raggedy Ann red and the rest gradually darkened all the way to the ends to almost black. It's almost impossible to rinse out. You just rinse and rinse and rinse.....water never runs clear. I'm now having to go to professionals to try and return my hair to 1 color! It's a horrible product.

on 2/22/2015 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Do not use this product. I have dyed my own hair auburn for 20 years and this is the worst hair color I have ever used. It was messy and got everywhere. The color I chose was 6.60 Light Intense Auburn, but my hair is now a crazy burgundy wine red. It is not a color found naturally on any human, which is not what I wanted. It is also very patchy, looking cherry red at the roots. My hair also felt very dry, like straw. It was also very difficult to rinse out. I spent 30 minutes rinsing, conditioning, washing twice with shampoo, conditioning again, and red was still coming off on my towel. This does not happen with my other brands. The package has a lot of waste - the developer is in a huge tube that is half empty and the mixing bottle is empty, unlike other products that use the mixing bottle to package the developer. Just a lot of waste for no reason.

To sum up - my color does NOT match the described color in name or picture on the box, the product was very messy and got everywhere, the packaging is inefficient and wasteful.

Avoid this product at all costs. I would recommend L'Oreal Preference or Revlon ColorSilk Buttercream, instead. I will never use a Garnier hair color again.

on 2/20/2015 10:59:00 AM

After 2 tries, I found the applicator awkward to use (it's too big for my hand)! It was very Messy to get it all in the same container! And the color looked NOTHING like the box sample. The color has a grey undertone to it and GREY it the color I'm trying to get rid of! I will never use this product again... I will go back to L'Oreal. I Hate this Product.

Popular Hair Color Products