Garnier Olia

2.5

on 2/28/2015 10:02:00 PM

5 words - I do noe t recommend this product.
If you'rlike me and you find yourself reading these reviews and decide to go ahead and use this product, be prepared to be disappointed. I purchased this product a few nights ago thinking the ammonia free would be helpful. Although the smell of the product was nice, the rest was a complete disaster. First of all, the packaging is so, so useless. The developer bottle is half empty and the mixing bottle is empty, unlike other products that use the mixing bottle to package the developer. Just a complete waste of space for no reason. Second, I mixed the product like the instructions said - I bought the "soft black" color thinking it would be light enough to know it was black, but not outstandingly - to my disappointment, after washing the product I noticed there was more brown and less black. I used up the whole bottle so how in the world do you get more brown and black? Here's why - after washing my hair, most of it came out.... It took a total of 35 minutes of washing, conditioning, then washing again, conditioning again just to get the black out of hair. I have never had this experience with any other product but this one. On an average, it takes me 5 minutes to rinse out the color and then it stays, but, this product doesn't last. After washing my hair last night in cold water, more hair dye came out and after blow drying my hair (with heat protected thats safe for color treated hair) more of the color had faded and my hair looked its original color. This is not the first time I have dyed my hair black, so no my hair did not reject the color - anyhow, don't purchase the product. If you already bought it, take it back and ask for a refund. I wouldn't recommend its difficulty, its packaging, its color - nothing. Seriously, don't do it. Listen to the reviews and take our advice - it is NOT worth it.

on 2/24/2015 11:20:00 AM

No! Don't do it! It's the worse thing I've ever used on my hair. I've been dying my hair for over 20yrs so I'm not new to this. Bought the intense auburn color and applied as directed. It came out the first 2 inches were like Raggedy Ann red and the rest gradually darkened all the way to the ends to almost black. It's almost impossible to rinse out. You just rinse and rinse and rinse.....water never runs clear. I'm now having to go to professionals to try and return my hair to 1 color! It's a horrible product.

on 2/22/2015 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Do not use this product. I have dyed my own hair auburn for 20 years and this is the worst hair color I have ever used. It was messy and got everywhere. The color I chose was 6.60 Light Intense Auburn, but my hair is now a crazy burgundy wine red. It is not a color found naturally on any human, which is not what I wanted. It is also very patchy, looking cherry red at the roots. My hair also felt very dry, like straw. It was also very difficult to rinse out. I spent 30 minutes rinsing, conditioning, washing twice with shampoo, conditioning again, and red was still coming off on my towel. This does not happen with my other brands. The package has a lot of waste - the developer is in a huge tube that is half empty and the mixing bottle is empty, unlike other products that use the mixing bottle to package the developer. Just a lot of waste for no reason.

To sum up - my color does NOT match the described color in name or picture on the box, the product was very messy and got everywhere, the packaging is inefficient and wasteful.

Avoid this product at all costs. I would recommend L'Oreal Preference or Revlon ColorSilk Buttercream, instead. I will never use a Garnier hair color again.

on 2/20/2015 10:59:00 AM

After 2 tries, I found the applicator awkward to use (it's too big for my hand)! It was very Messy to get it all in the same container! And the color looked NOTHING like the box sample. The color has a grey undertone to it and GREY it the color I'm trying to get rid of! I will never use this product again... I will go back to L'Oreal. I Hate this Product.

on 2/12/2015 2:39:00 AM

I purchased this product in Dark Garnet Red, I was going from black to a dark almost purple-y red. The back of the box showed a picture with my hair color and said it would go to the exact color I wanted. It also said to apply directly to roots. I completely saturated my hair in this, and left it in for about 30 minutes. After, I rinsed it and used the suggested conditioner, towel dried it, and blow dried it. It ended up making my roots a ridiculous shade of red, while leaving the rest of my hair that very very dark red. I will now have to go to a salon and get it professionally fixed. I will stick to other hair-dyes from now on.

on 2/3/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was once a redhead, but since going gray , I went dark blond. I tried Garnier Olia in light intense auburn #6.60. The color was Bozo the Clown red on my hair. Luckily, I was able to use color remover and go back to dark blond.
It did not smell like ammonia, but it smelled like a bad perfume heavy on the jasmine.
The cost was about 13 bucks, but add the cost of a color remover, a new box of color, and a deep conditioner made me think I should have gone to a salon.
I tried calling the 800 number, but after a hold time of 10 minutes I hung up.
I will never use any Garnier hair color products again. I'm sticking to Revlon colorsilk. 1 bottle of dark blond and bottle medium auburn gave me the perfect color.

on 1/31/2015 11:01:00 PM

shittiest hair dye I have ever used! I decided to dye my hair a dark/medium Brown and picked this brand because It was supposed to keep your hair healthy and not to damage it as much as others. My friend was the one that dyed it for me. she completely soaked my hair in the dye and I left it in for the recommended time but when I came out of the shower my hair was the same color it was before I dyed it. My hair is now still blonde and I wasted my money on this project and now I have to redye it with a different dye. You definitely should not get this product it is not worth your money and it is just a crappy product so I wasted my time and money getting and using this product so yeah The makers of this should go fuck themselves.

on 1/30/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so my hair is naturally a medium brown colour and I have dyed my hair in the past but always seem to miss parts of my hair because it's just so thick. It's only just past my shoulders but basically sticks out around my head like a brunette cloud. ANYWAY, I was really keen on the idea of having bright red hair again and like many others I was drawn in to purchase this product because of the lack of ammonia and promises to deeply condition and make my hair vibrant and glossy. *SPOILER ALERT* (overall it sucked). I used shade 6.60 Intense Red if I can remember correctly and my sister did the colouring. To cut a long story short over the space of less than 48 hours we had gone through two boxes of the stuff in hopes that the latter packet would coat the areas we originally thought we had missed. My sister literally had saturated my hair in the "permanent" stuff but it must've just washed off in the shower. Now I have red red roots and patchy red and brown tresses. My speckled hair now looks ridiculous when I put it up, and I will be getting the dye job re-done at a salon in the near future. As for the oil treatment aspect, the texture of my hair is no different if not worse off than before I used this product- the ends now feel thoroughly straw-like and I will not be repurchasing the product.

on 1/25/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like the others, I decided to ignore all the negative comments about this product because I really wanted to try it and my sister said she loved it
I have (now had) short dark/medium brown hair and I bought the Olia colour Darkest Brown 3.0 and I LOVE IT
-Colour - came out a lot darker than I thought it would... it's pretty much black but I am okay with that
-Price - At local stores it was 12.99 which is not at all affordable for many, but I had a free coupon so I went for it!
-Product/Application - I felt that it was a VERY easy application process, I am a mess when I dye my hair but this was sooo easy to use - It was a thicker consistency than many other brands, but it was easy to blend into my hair - Like usual, I put a bag over my head to heat keep the heat in while I was waiting for the product to sit, but it got REALLY hot on my head - Product washed out SO EASILY! like other people said it was like washing mud out of your hair
-Conditioner - standard tube that most brands give out - Garnier dye conditioners usually come in a small package, but this one was an actual tube!

Overall - GREAT PRODUCT - it smells AMAZING! - so SHINNY! - so SOFT!
-According to the reviews this is a hit or miss product
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

on 1/18/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

For the past 6 months I have been using this hair dye and having been pouring all of my energy into loving it because I wanted to love it so badly but I have finally come to grips with the fact that this product is just not good. I used Garnier Nutrisse Cream dye in the shade 660 for about 4 years prior to my using Olia and I loved the vibrant, rich red shade but after a while the ammonia started to really damage my hair and I wanted to try and ammonia-free dye which is where Olia came into play. From the start this dye didn't work for me but the whole 'ammonia-free, oil powered dye' thing really pulled me in along with the packaging....they did a great job marketing this product if nothing else. This dye is incredibly vibrant and long-lasting which is essential when you are maintaining red hair but the problem with this dye is that it always leaves my hair incredibly patchy. The first 3 months I used this dye, I convinced myself that it was my fault that the dye was patchy because I wasn't diligent enough with my application but every single time I dyed my hair, whether I saturated my roots completely in the dye or not, some hair would be dyed and some hair would still be my natural brown shade at the root. Embarrassingly enough, where it seemed to be patchy most consistently was in my middle part, especially near the front of my face which is the most visible. Because of this, I was constantly having to go out and buy more dye in hopes that it might work the second time around (half the time it still didn't), or try and think of creative ways to hide the hair which the dye didn't cover. And call me cheap which I most definitely am but for the drugstore, this stuff is expensive at $15 a box and one box doesn't even cover my whole head, never mind having to run out for seconds when it doesn't work the first time! I'm also not sure if this is because of the oil in the dye but this dye stains like no other. I'm used to getting dye on my vanity and I'll usually just wipe it up with a bit of acetone (don't use acetone on wood surfaces!!) but this stuff does not come off period. Once it's on something, it's on it for good. I must say that one thing I did like about this dye was that it left my hair in excellent condition. I still got split ends because ammonia or not, dye does damage your hair but it left my hair in much better condition than the Nutrisse Cream. Right now I am using the L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss in the shade 6RP Vibrant Light Auburn and I don't notice any shade difference and the dye applies evenly. I think I'll be sticking with that for now. I do not recommend this product and I really hope that Garnier reformulates it because a product like this has so much potential!