September 20, 2014 | 898 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Olia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Blondenlong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay. After reading some of these negative comments, I have to put in my two cents. First of all, I've been coloring my hair for YEARS!! I have had professional coloring and highlights done which have fried my ends. I have to say that this is an excellent product. I have chosen medium golden brown because I'm tired of being blonde. My hair looks healthy and shiny and full of bounce. I do agree that the bottle is not the best choice, but other than that, it's a great product!! And I have tried them all -- Preference, L'oreal, Revlon -- and I haven't lost as much hair as I did with those products. It also covers my grays very well. I do follow the instructions, and it works for me. Plus, it is nice not gagging because of the smell. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by FotiniKay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seeing so many negative comments for this product was kinda weird for me. I loved this product and would definitely recommend it. I usually have extremely dry hair. I've dyed my hair countless times, straighten it almost everyday and it's extremely thick. I wanted to try Olia because I love Garnier products and I was curious. The colour came out just like I wanted it and my hair has never been this soft, it's insane!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a coupon for this and only paid around $2 for the Soft Black color. The dyeing process was not so bad, but I do not like the packaging. I thought the bottles were bigger than needed and it was hard to get a good grip on the bottle to apply.

As I was rinsing the dye out, my hair feel like straw, it was so dry and a tangled mess. I seriously felt like I was going to rip out chunks of my hair if I ran my fingers through my hair. I always look forward to using the conditioner after rinsing, but this one didn't help make my hair any better. I ended up using my regular conditioner after I rinsed this crap out.

I will say that the color is really rich and looks great on my hair, which is why I gave it two lippies. My hair got softer the day after, but I will never purchase this again. I highly recommend their Nutrisse haircolor line though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I coloured my hair not too long ago with the shade 'Light Intense Auburn' from the Olia line- my previous haircolour was Garner Nutrisse Cream Light Intense Red. Both colours had the same number and were basically the same colour on the box so I thought I'd give Olia a try. I really enjoyed my dyeing experience with Olia. The packaging is so sleek and beautiful although I see how some people could be put off by the application bottle- I always use a brush and bowl so I didn't have any issues with that. I really loved that the colour had no strong smell whatsoever, I didn't feel like I was gasping for air applying my colour and a little seemed to go a long way. I know others mentioned that it took forever to wash out the dye but to me it didn't seem any longer. My hair is in amazing condition after the dye job but unfortunately, my hair is a dark cherry colour instead of 'light intense auburn'. I've got naturally light brown hair and the colour showed up super dark on both the roots and the lengths of my hair- a problem I'd never experienced with Nutrisse Cream. Unfortunately for this reason, I am not an Olia convert. I really wanted to like this dye so I could take the ammonia off my hair but it seems the whole oil-powered colour thing really is too good to be true.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by NaomiMacKeown

I am extremely disappointed with this product. I've been trying to dye my hair back to a brunette from blonde. The colour didn't take anywhere on my hair. Even the lightest pieces of my blonde are still blonde. The bottle was almost impossible to hold while dying my hair as well. I do not recommend the product people and will be contacting Garnier for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bilow72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I used Intense Copper 7.4 on my dark brown hair. I didnt use as the instructions said by doing your roots first instead since I short hair to medium hair I decided to do all my head at once. I left in for about 40 minutes. The color is amazing and so inlove with it. I got as it was on sale for under $ 9.00 and really wanted to try it. Im so recommending it to others. The only thing I dont like is the white and black container that the hair dye is mixed in and you use it put it into your hair. It kept slipping also the gloves are small wish they would a regular size that the gloves normally come and bigger as Ive got big hands for a female

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfFreaks

I have dyed my hair quiet a few times and Olia is something I would recommend to someone who wants long lasting vibrant color hair. My hair used to be black ( midnight black) and I wanted a change. When I used the red dye my hair changed into a gorgeous deep maroon. I loved it! It also stayed in my hair for a long time and I still have the red hue even after 5 months

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by changela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used the Garnier Olia dye 6.0. My natural hair colour is medium brown with about 35% grey, but I'd bleached it to a lightish blonde. My roots were coming in and I didn't think the blonde looked good on me, so my goal was to go back to something darker. I figured that my damaged hair would soak up the dye, so I went with the lighter shade. At first, I liked how it came out -- it was more a dark blonde, but my roots matched the rest, which was an improvement. However it seemed like it had a sort of green tinge? But that might have been from putting it on such light hair.

So I was happy. Then I showered the next day. My hair was...lighter. A bit lighter. Each time I wash my hair, it lightens where my hair was dyed. The natural hair seems to be holding ok, but then again, that hair was dark to begin with, and I think I can see some greys coming through. I still like it because it's an improvement, but I don't like how it's washing out. I did it about three weeks ago, and my hair is about a medium blonde. I won't be using this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by flygirl1

There seem to be many negative reviews, and I'm a bit mystified. This product has worked excellently for me. It may be down to a combination of things: hair type, degree of grey, your water quality, etc. My hair picked up the soft black 2.0 color brilliantly and I have soft and shiny hair as a result of using Olia.
I have no issues with using the basics like gloves or the simple instructions or the bottle or rinsing. I ensure that I thoroughly shake the mixture at the beginning to allow the chemical reaction to start between the colorant solutions before even thinking of putting it on my hair. Then I part my hair every 1/4 inch and squeeze color into my brush and cover roots, and then later saturate, all as per instructions, and ensure after the waiting period, and prior to rinsing, to emulsify with a small amount of water to enable rinsing (also per instructions). Results are my hair is well colored, soft, and color lasts and is as complete as when I get my color done at the salon.
In terms of hair softness and color lasting, getting a small gadget to filter the water coming out of your shower is the best thing I did for my hair and skin. Shower filters get rid of chlorine and other chemicals in tap water that strip hair and skin. Skin is softer and your hair color lasts a lot longer since your hair is not being stripped. Also your skin is softer and soap, shampoo, conditioner and excess colorant rinse off thoroughly. It is such a difference, so in general I recommend a shower filter in your arsenal of beauty items for hair and skin. All I can say is Olia delivers very well for me. I wish it did for everyone because for me it is an excellent product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Carolhartman1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product because of the oil content as I have, at my age, dry hair. I liked none of it from the packaging to the color. it was hard to get the product into the applicator, The round shape of the applicator kept slipping in my hand and once dropped to the floor. The black gloves stuck to my hands and were hard to remove, I had to use a pair of pliers to lossen the cap on the cream rinse and tmy hair color is now darker then the medium blond I normally have, When I went to give them feedback on-line there was no response. Need I say more? THIS BRAND IS OFF MY SHOPPING LIST!