October 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Olia

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by jenf728

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've also dyed my hair by myself for several years without a problem but this product is a nightmare. I followed the instructions precisely and didn't leave it on for too long but it has totally destroyed what was very good condition hair. I have long hair and I expect it will take years to recover from this, and that's if I don't have to cut it all off. I first noticed a problem when running my fingers through my hair to apply the after care conditioner. I could tell distinctly that my hair was frazzled even when wet and with the conditioner on. When I dried it it didn't seem to bad at first but a week later it's still getting worse. My long shiny hair is now a frizzy mop. When I brush it, as well as lots of hair coming out, there's hundreds of split ends breaking off which never happened before. I'm absolutely gutted at what it has done to me after spending years being so careful with y hair. Also, it did not cover the grey bits although this is the least of my problems at the minute. Not only will I never, ever, ever use this product again, I really believe it is very damaging and should not be on the market. If you're considering using this - don't do it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by aussiesummernight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been dyed my hair at home since forever and rarely have anything happened until 2 weeks ago i have to pay 400$ for the salon to rescue my hair. My hair is long about 65cm, so i bought 3 boxes of Olia Light Brown 6.0 and it's totally ruined my hair.
The result came out, i have reverse ombre bright reddish at the scalp and very very dark toward end. it didn't covered well, leave my hair patchy and funny, and under sunlight my hair look like Merida but in a ugly way. I can not describe how angry and regretful i am when came to approach this good looking box for nothing Olia. Never ever buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BrittOiler31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been dying my hair for about 10 years now. I've always done it myself. I've used every box hair dye there is. When I went to use this one, even a day or two after bleaching my hair, the color did not hold. I though that maybe I hadn't judged the time correctly so I went out and bought 2 more boxes, my hair is thick so 2 boxes is perfect for me, and when I got home and did the whole process over again, I waited the about 5 or 10 minutes over the time just to be safe. The same thing happened. No hair dye has EVER done this to me. This hair dye may smell great and leave your hair feeling soft and silky, but it doesn't work for everyone. It certainly did NOT work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

It is the first time I have ever used a local supermarket/drug store hair colour. I have been colouring my hair for a few years, but I have always used the Japanese brands that are designed for black hair (Liese, Palty, and Freshlight). So far I have tried it in Deep Red and Mahogany Brown.

To begin with, to use this dye is simply the same as all other cream dyes, you mix the colour and the developer in the tear drop shaped container that came in the box and shake it as hard as you can for a minute or so to mix, then twist open the top of the container to squeeze out the mixed dye onto your hair. Now, while I see what others mean by awkward shape of the container (I am used to the tube coming with a comb applicator), but it is nothing to fuss about, just squeeze onto my gloved hand and apply, comb through with wide toothed comb after to make sure of even coverage. The dye itself smells wonderfully flowery, none of the ammonia scent that comes with the dyes I have ever used, which is something I really like about this dye. It also comes with a generous tube of conditioner, which has the exact same scent as the dye itself. After leaving the dye in for a bit longer than strictly necessary because of my black hair (50 mins just to be safe), I rinsed it out... for 20 mins, and the water still wouldn't run clear, it has never happened to me before (this was the case when I used the Deep red, but I have also read that it is apparently normal but nonetheless worrying to see), and when I gave up and conditioned my hair, washed that out, the water was still running red. After a while I realised that it only happens when I used warm water, and it stains the white towels with the colour. So when I finished up the first time, my hair felt really really soft and took next to no time to straighten, like I had a nice hair treatment done rather than having it dyed. The result was evenly coloured smooth and soft hair.

Realising Deep red looks seriously weird on me, I changed over to Mahogany brown, and the same thing happened again, the dye runs whenever I wash my hair and stains my towels. However, the red washes out of my hair, and I am left with nice chestnut colour in florescent light.

So, in all, aside from the forever running dye (which is why I took off a lippie), I am quite happy with the result of this dye, and I'll probably keep coming back to it, as it is a bit cheaper than my HG (Palty in Raspberry Macaron), and a bit dearer than Liese. I'll see when my hair grows out again...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by lowcapacityx

This review on on 4.15 dark soft mahogany

Personally, I like this product! It's easy to use and although I wasn't using it to cover up grey hairs. I've bleached my hair a few months back b/c I wanted to have an ombre look but now that it's soon to be winter I wanted something darker.

This product covers my hair easily but maybe since it's a quite hot the product was a little liquidy for my taste (most likely because of the heat atm). Also the problem that I normally have with hair dyes such as coloring my scalp, getting it on random parts of my skin, on the ground etc. With Olia I had no problem removing it! It was awesome it never stained anything. Normally, it would take a couple of days of scrubbing to get the stains out--blah. As for the color it matches the box and me perfectly :-)

Overall it's a good product, smells great and I had no difficulties using it. Sadly it's not getting good reviews but I think it's definitely worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hprice0710

I used 6 1/2.3 (which is supposed to be a light brown) and my hair went red! I will never use this hair dye again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used Intense Copper 7.4 four days ago. My roots are still an intense copper, but the rest of my hair has already faded to a strange yellow colour.

The packaging is horrible. I had to cut the developer tube open to be sure I got all of it out. The bottle is cute looking but completely impractical. It's hard to hold on to with dye covered gloves, and nearly every time I set it down it toppled over because the bottle is so top heavy. I ended up applying the dye standing in the bathtub because I was dropping the bottle so much. Next time I would mix it in a small dish and apply with a tint brush.

The dye felt strangely dry in my hair and caused my hair to clump together, making it impossible to comb through to the ends. Similar to the feeling of applying bleach. Because I couldn't get a comb to move more than an inch it was hard to tell if I was saturating my hair evenly. I had brushed all knots out of my hair, and sectioned it before starting. I think there must be something in the dye that causes it to thicken to a gel like consistency to prevent drips. I've never had such trouble getting a dye to spread before.

The smell was great and I experienced no burning or itching on my scalp.

Rinsing was easy but my hair felt horrible. The conditioner provided had enough slip to detangle the matted mess the dye had made of my hair, but it felt dry and damaged again as soon as it dried. No bleeding after the rinse. No colour came off on my towel which is rare for a copper dye.

My hair turned out splotchy with hot roots. The colour was not as shiny or vibrant as I had expected.

While the lack of amonia is pretty great it didn't improve the experience enough for me to try this dye again. I'd say the colour I got was well below average for a home dye in this price range. It's not acceptable to have so much fading in less than a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Blondenlong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay. After reading some of these negative comments, I have to put in my two cents. First of all, I've been coloring my hair for YEARS!! I have had professional coloring and highlights done which have fried my ends. I have to say that this is an excellent product. I have chosen medium golden brown because I'm tired of being blonde. My hair looks healthy and shiny and full of bounce. I do agree that the bottle is not the best choice, but other than that, it's a great product!! And I have tried them all -- Preference, L'oreal, Revlon -- and I haven't lost as much hair as I did with those products. It also covers my grays very well. I do follow the instructions, and it works for me. Plus, it is nice not gagging because of the smell. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by FotiniKay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seeing so many negative comments for this product was kinda weird for me. I loved this product and would definitely recommend it. I usually have extremely dry hair. I've dyed my hair countless times, straighten it almost everyday and it's extremely thick. I wanted to try Olia because I love Garnier products and I was curious. The colour came out just like I wanted it and my hair has never been this soft, it's insane!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a coupon for this and only paid around $2 for the Soft Black color. The dyeing process was not so bad, but I do not like the packaging. I thought the bottles were bigger than needed and it was hard to get a good grip on the bottle to apply.

As I was rinsing the dye out, my hair feel like straw, it was so dry and a tangled mess. I seriously felt like I was going to rip out chunks of my hair if I ran my fingers through my hair. I always look forward to using the conditioner after rinsing, but this one didn't help make my hair any better. I ended up using my regular conditioner after I rinsed this crap out.

I will say that the color is really rich and looks great on my hair, which is why I gave it two lippies. My hair got softer the day after, but I will never purchase this again. I highly recommend their Nutrisse haircolor line though.