July 30, 2014 | 1206 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Olia

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Tovert01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Terrible!!! Don't buy!!!! I have medium blonde hair and wanted to go a shade lighter. Bought the 9.3 shade and my hair came out darker!!!! I read on these reviews that if I use my normal dye Loreal to fix it which is ammonia based that it will cause my hair to turn to mush. I'm so upset!! Worst product ever. In fact initially when I was dying my hair the dye was a creamy blondish color then turned to some weird gray goop as I was squeezing onto my hair. Please!!! Someone please tell me how to correct!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by liliiris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used Olia 4 times.
I was very pleased with the colour because it was a nice brown, instead of turning red on my hair like other hair colour I had used before. I have been trying to find the right shade of brown for a long time. I gave Olia a try because it was without ammonia and it was good for the first two boxes, colour was nice and my hair felt soft and had a nice shine.
After my third application I started losing more hair than usual, I tought it was maybe change of season or I was due for a haircut. After fourth application I realized that Olia was the problem for sure , unusual loss of hair again + itchy scalp.
I did a little internet reasearch and found that there were many women who had used Olia with the same problem.
I will never, ever go near any Garnier product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Jennyv2122

Please take this item off the market! So today I decided to buy this product because it looked so amazing for your hair and the color looked beautiful on the package. I decided to go with medium blonde 8.0 because I have naturally light brown hair and wanted to go a couple shades up. Keep in mind I wasn't going from a dark brown to light blonde... My hair is a very light brown almost blonde color. Anyway, I was so excited to use this product and bought 2 boxes because I have thick hair. I went home and read the directions thoroughly and did as it said. While blow drying my hair, I realized the color looked so little blonde and I started seeing a bright ORANGE appear. The color is all over my roots and two inches into my hair. In addition, the rest of my hair is the same exact color as before just damaged and fried looking. So what did I get? Fried, orange, and original hair... Now I have to go to Sally's and get a color corrector or go to a salon. Please save yourself your money and don't get this! I looked at the bad reviews before but thought maybe it would work on me or maybe people did something wrong. It was a horrible decision so just save the hassle and go to a salon if you can afford it. If not, I recommend loreal products they won't damage.

Pros: beautiful packaging and good smelling dye.

Cons: orange hair, damaged hair, and no color change whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by JabberwockJess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product when it was on offer to give it a try. Application was about as standard as any cream-dye: messy in general but that might just be me (this is why I prefer foam dyes).

I loved the colour (Deep Red 4.6) and the no-ammonia formula was certainly appealing. However I would not buy this again because the dye has and continues to run every time I wash my hair, even though I dyed it three weeks ago, and while my hair is still visibly redder than it was pre-dye, it has faded significantly since first application -- far moreso than I would expect for a permanent dye. I know reds are notoriously tricky but I always used red-brown colours and this is by far the worst fading/running I have seen.

I am planning to re-dye my hair again using a different brand but having read the review urging people not to use ammonia products after using this I am a bit wary - does anyone else have any experience with this that they can share?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mandybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DO NOT USE AMMONIA BASED PRODUCTS IF YOU HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT PRIOR! The dye used in this (it is a metallic salt dye apparently) has an adverse reaction with ammonia. It will turn your hair to jelly! I can literally only use semi's now until i either have the salts stripped from my hair or let it grow out.
There are no warnings about this on the product! It reacted in the same way that henna dye reacts to dyes/bleach.
Unfortunately had 3/4 of my hair cut off and am now sporting a "pob"
Is fine if you only use this product but if you went out and then got highlights etc it wouldn’t go down well most likely.
This is the first time I have ever had an issue with any dye products.
Prior to this i was happy with the product, wont be using it again as I have since found that the chemicals used in these "No ammonia" dyes are far far worse for you than the alternative, with many being carcinogenic.

*additional Info - have just found somebody else this has just happened too, unfortunately she was not as lucky as i was and has lost most of her hair and got very bad burns. Same dye 8.0 blonde, not sure if this issue is across the board or just with this specific shade.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well I don't know why you guys are giving this such a low rating. I love this stuff! OK so I don't make a very drastic colour change... I'd say I'm naturally a dirty dark blonde (maybe between a shade 6 or 7) and I use Shade 8 to give it a nice caramel colour. My hair comes out perfect each time. And soft! I absolutely love the conditioner that comes with it. Which is generously sized and so creamy and rich.

I hate the gloves that come with this. They're like the gloves that L'Oreal cheaped out on a while back in their Superior Preference product. They're these baggy things that are way too big and give you no control. I toss those out and use my own latex gloves as I like to use my hand to apply this. Another thing I don't love is the bottle they give you for applying the colour. It's too round and smooth - if your hands have product on them, it's impossible to grip. Garnier need to re-think that design. I deal with this by trying to leave one hand as clean as I can. I do like the pointy nozzle. I tend to squeeze the bottle with my right hand and blend with my left.

In summary, I have a lot of love for Olia. I love love love that there is no ammonia in it and for me it performs as well as hair dye with ammonia! My boyfriend also appreciates the low-stink factor. I get compliments on the results and it is cheaper than the salon. I have bought this 10 times already and will continue to be a loyal customer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by AmandaRamona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't recommend for everyone just because of how many bad reviews I saw. Okay, so I'm part Italian, Native American, & Spanish so my hair is very thick, long & wavy. I regret dying it so much it's dead at the bottom. I'm a brunette so I bought the 1.0 black garnier olia(just needed 1 bottle). I like so much my hair is full black no other colors it smells great my hair feels so soft and looks so shiny I love it and I will definitely buy it again if I need to. It worked great I feel bad for whoever used this product and didn't have good luck with it!! Xx

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by prettyone23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used many hair coloring kits before without issue, and never had such blotchy patchy coloring as this. It was so bad i went out and bought a second kit to attempt to even out the color. This was a bad idea, as the color never did not even out in any way. I cannot afford to get my hair done professionally to fix this awful mess... good thing in the past 2 weeks since doing it almost all of the color has run out of my hair into the shower. I think in 1 more week it will all be washed out, (not a selling point for a permanent hair color) but today I have at least 3 different colored patches of hair to deal with. this is the worst product ever. I paid $10 for my kit, and then bought the second one later at night for a higher price in a drug store

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lamanush

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worst product I have ever used. I have dark blond hair with a few strands of grey at the roots. I chose the lightest cool blond. My hair is actually darker than it was before I coloured and the greys are not covered. My hair looks like it is an old wig from the 70's: have to go to the salon for a major correction. DO NOT BUY!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Katielock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this product and thought I would give it a try. When I started before I put on the hair color my hair was all 1 color except my roots were a tiny bit darker. After I died my hair I washed it out and put the conditioner on and let my hair air dry. when my hair was dry I looked in the mirror and my hair was 2 DIFFERENT COLORS! The top of my head was ORANGE and then there was a line and the bottom of my hair was a GREENISH YELLOW! The shade I bought was Medium Blonde. I will NEVER use this product again!